It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House tweets Pic of Obama playing with toy gun on Father's day. EDIT TO ADD: These pics are f

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
In this day, with children being punished and expelled for having a Poptart that looks like a gun, or making a pointy finger sign that looks like a gun.....

What does the President do on Father's Day?

Not only does he play with toy guns, but he lets his kids play with them too!

I thought guns were bad, Mr President. I guess the standards that he wants the 'little people' to live by don't apply to him or his family though.

Do as I say, not as I do, I guess?

Oh, a link would help:

Pat Dollard
edit on 17-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

These pics were taken over a year ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Here's the article:

Excerpted from The Daily Caller: Wishing Americans a happy Father’s Day, the White House tweeted a picture of President Obama and one of his daughters playing with toy water pistols.

The Tweet comes at a time when several schools around the country—fearful that such toys make kids more prone to violent behavior—have launched trade-in programs that encourage children to exchange their harmless toy guns for chances to win prizes, like books and bicycles.

One such trade-in took place last weekend at Strobridge Elementary in California. Principal Chris Hill, who organized the event, explained that toy guns desensitize kids toward gun violence.

“Playing with toys guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” Hill said in a statement to Mercury News.

Earlier this year, a California activist named Jerry Rubin ramped up his efforts to dissuade parents from buying toy guns for their children.

Children who bring toy guns to school have met with severe punishments as of late. A Maryland kindergartner who took his cap gun on the bus was interrogated by administrators until he peed his pants, and then suspended for 10 days. Cap guns have bright, colorful tips to distinguish them from real guns, and make a popping noise when fired.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I dunno but that doesn't look like the white house to me. And the "super controversial gun" is a water gun.

Well what you'd expect? Toy water guns are meant for kids in the first place, you know. They are supposed to play with them. Otherwise you miss the whole point of a "toy water gun".

edit on 17-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

What a (*&#^@ pathetic excuse for a topic.
Really... the presidents playing with a water pistol while his child is in the pool?

are you all that immature that you think this is worthy of a dig at the president?

seriously..grow up.. the real issues out there are being ignored while you act like children bickering over who sits on the cool bench at lunch time.

This president is bad, not as bad as bush, but bad.. so why don't you try a little harder next time.

I wish this crap wasn't so prevalent on ATS.. anyone who comes here and see's something like this as 'breaking news' isn't going to come back!
edit on 17-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I agree, also doesn't look like a school either. Just saying.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If it isn't a problem, how about we quit expelling kids from school for eating a PopTart a certain way.

I guess it is a point that is lost on the President's team, seems as though two of them are here.

One such trade-in took place last weekend at Strobridge Elementary in California. Principal Chris Hill, who organized the event, explained that toy guns desensitize kids toward gun violence.

Well, the President wants his kids desensitized to gun violence, apparently.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Greetings.

You would like the president to micro-manage schools now?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The problem isn't the President. It's hysterical teachers who overreact to Pop-Tarts and hysterical posters who overreact to toys.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There was an episode locally to me a few years back of a kid's birthday party. Neighborhood and school chums all came. There was a hotdog cookout, one of those inflatable jumping things you can rent for such events. It was all overseen by the parents and older sibs of the kid having the birthday.

Safe, secure, strictly your average party for younguns.

Anyway, some of the playthings available were toy guns. It didn't mention if they shot nerf balls or squirted water. Well, one of the parents of the kids attending were ticked that their child/children were allowed to even see these things and threatened to sue the host family.

No idea whether any lawsuit was ever filed. It all disappeared from the media after about a week or so. But the reaction by the parents of that one kid started a community skirmish that made the comment sections as well as the letters section of the local news rag. There were no politics involved, just a question of whether the host family had the right to allow toy guns to be accessed by the visiting kids.

We really have become a thin-skinned society. Parenting, in some cases today, doesn't even exist and in others, looks to be based on the policies of the Spanish Inquisition.

In this case with Obama, I guess maybe it does come down to politics; if you're gonna preach an anti-gun sermon to the nation and then play with water guns pool side, it's gonna stir the pot. It's worth talking about but I wouldn't get my Fruit of the Looms messy over it.

edit on 17-6-2013 by redoubt because: edit

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This picture is at least a year old.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yeah, right. I agree but still: The President is clearly playing, him and his kids, with toy WATER guns, which are quite unrelated to toy cap guns. Cap guns are Kinetic Energy. Water gun are a spray of water. I understand in your post that one day the toy cap gun was indistinguishable from a toy water gun, but here I seriously doubt President Obama is holding a cap gun. I mean it's insulting. Can't the guy have even just a bit of water-related fun with his kids without being accused of some gun campaign agenda?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What a (*&#^@ pathetic excuse for a topic.
Really... the presidents playing with a water pistol while his child is in the pool?

Well, the Obama haters gotta hate....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That's not right....His daughter is already wet in the pool. It isn't right to shoot someone who is already wet, he should blast the Secret Service men.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yeah, your right, he's cheating! He broke Rule 6 subparagraph 4 section 2 of Water Spraying Laws: It is useless to spray with water a target with has already been covered with water. Good observation!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
lol... really?

I mean maybe if there was another 28 students in his pool, maybe i can say he is influencing them or scaring them.

Do you wanted to be told what to do in you home?

No steak for you today! Salad only!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The cheek of Obama playing with a toy water gun and even worse it happened last year!!!! That bastard is truly a sick mind, planning this over a year ago

Things are really slipping around here...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
In this day, with children being punished and expelled for having a Poptart that looks like a gun, or making a pointy finger sign that looks like a gun.....

What does the President do on Father's Day?

I guess that kills the lie that Obama is 'anti-gun.'

I thought guns were bad, Mr President. I guess the standards that he wants the 'little people' to live by don't apply to him or his family though.

I don't recall Obama ever saying it's wrong to play with toy guns. Come to think of it, I don't recall him ever saying guns are bad. Got a quote for that?

Do as I say, not as I do, I guess?

Bollocks. You can say that when Obama bursts into a shopping mall and starts shooting people in the head.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

He's totally insensitive to the deaths of those people at Newtown and Aurora...

Just look at the extended magazine on the watergun.

I didn't catch that the pic was from last year....... sorry.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

I dunno but that doesn't look like the white house to me. And the "super controversial gun" is a water gun.

Well what you'd expect? Toy water guns are meant for kids in the first place, you know. They are supposed to play with them. Otherwise you miss the whole point of a "toy water gun".

Camp David.

His point is valid. With the hysteria over guns by the left, including water pistols, fingers, and pop tarts bitten into gun shapes, it is quite reasonable to point out the lack of outrage at this. Whereas I find water pistols completely innocuous and fun in teh summer, the point is not the water pistols, but yet another example of hypocrisy. I gave the OP a star and flag for pointing this out.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420
This picture is at least a year old.

www.nypost.com...

Nice catch.

OP, you are busted!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join