It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House tweets Pic of Obama playing with toy gun on Father's day. EDIT TO ADD: These pics are f

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Still crying about ar-15s i see.

Why so silent on those weapons of death going elsewhere in the world?

A semi auto is more dangerous than full auto belt fed weapons ?

"newly invented argument' that was hilarious as People have not heard anything new from the gun control side not in over 70 years.

edit on 17-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No offense Neo...but you are abondoning your claims and lines of debate in favor of new ones with every post...idealogically schitzo...so at this point you are a far away from topic or reason...

Peace to you...but not much use in discussing anything specific when with each post you say something different from the last and none of it following the OP matter.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I take offense to anyone defending the current morality being legislated by people who have thousands of people's blood on their hands.

How is a weapon bad in my hand and prohibit me and millions of others then turns around and gives people of other countries worse things.

Obama, and his supporters have exactly zero credibility, or right to dictate morality to me or any other gun owner.
edit on 17-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This topic is so rediculous, im surprised im even dignifying it with a response. Its a squirt gun. Big deal. Its the schools going crazy about anything gun related, not the prez. He might go against guns on national tv, but remember, he doesnt write his speaches, someone else does. Regardless, when it all comes down to it, hes a human being. I may have less than heartwarming feelings about him, but what he does on his own personal time, as long as it doesnt affect me, is none of my damn business, nor is it anyone elses!

Oh no! Schools and teachers are being toy gun nazis, and the prez is playing with toy guns with his kids! In other news, the sky is blue, grass is green, and hippies wear sandals...... seriously, come on now.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dothedew

He might go against guns on national tv, but remember, he doesnt write his speaches, someone else does

I like this.

In your eyes he has zero responsibility for anything he says. After all, if he isn't reading from a teleprompter, it all just a mumbling rambling mess, we have seen that enough times.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Oh my god is this argument still going? There is nothing here but a stick to try and beat Obama with, there is plenty else to be shouting about but a child's water gun ain't one. It just shows blind hate towards Obama that people here are getting mad about this and it's ridiculous to boot. Sad times around ats when people are getting mad at a father playing with his kids and even worse when the picture they are getting "outraged" about was taken before the gun issue was put forward. Shame on you lot for thrusting this dung upon ats.
edit on 17/6/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Worse than the toy water gun Obama is holding, is the fact that he is running around the pool area!!
That's right, he's running on a surface that is often very wet and slippery due to it's close proximity to the pool! I'm sure most of us have vivid memories of being yelled at in our childhood "Stop running near the pool you're gonna slip and hurt yourself! Jimmy! I mean it!! Don't make me come over there! One....Twwooooo!! You don't wanna see me make it to three!!" Are we to believe that Obama did not experience these same reprimands? I think not! Once again, apparently he doesn't think the rules apply to him.

Seriously though, of course this specific photo is reaching quite a bit. However, the double standard that the OP seems to be pointing towards is of course very real.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I felt the same way about Reagan's policies, towards guns and pretty much everything else.

I've gotten used to being disappointed. Fortunately, here -- all I see is a healthy young guy playing with his kids. Whooptie.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
reply to post by butcherguy

I dunno but that doesn't look like the white house to me. And the "super controversial gun" is a water gun.

Not only does he play with toy guns, but he lets his kids play with them too!

Well what you'd expect? Toy water guns are meant for kids in the first place, you know. They are supposed to play with them. Otherwise you miss the whole point of a "toy water gun".

edit on 17-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

I really couldn't agree more on the toy gun thing, but I think you are missing the point. Under his administrations influence children across the country have been punished for playing with toy guns, and even having pictures of guns.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
reply to post by redoubt

Yeah, right. I agree but still: The President is clearly playing, him and his kids, with toy WATER guns, which are quite unrelated to toy cap guns. Cap guns are Kinetic Energy. Water gun are a spray of water. I understand in your post that one day the toy cap gun was indistinguishable from a toy water gun, but here I seriously doubt President Obama is holding a cap gun. I mean it's insulting. Can't the guy have even just a bit of water-related fun with his kids without being accused of some gun campaign agenda?

edit on 17-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Yes he can, just as soon as other children are allowed to play with toy guns without scrutiny, so can he, and his.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Last I checked it wasn't against the law to purchase a squirt gun nor tweet a photo of a squirt gun being played with around a swimming pool.

The hysteria of the OP is the same hysteria of the teachers, too bad the OP doesn't recognize this.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

ROFLMAO

Well, it looks like this thread got the desired response. This reminds me of when 911 happened and they wouldn't play Lenny Kravitz song Fly Away for the stupidest reason? Remember that? And now Obama can't have a water gun fight with his daughter because of school shootings; even though the picture was taken while on vacation last year because...........?

:-)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I guess you would rather he use a water knife?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That REALLY ticks me off kid at the elementary school almost got expelled because of a banana, What, Do the rules not apply too mister president. because Mr. president "Guns Are Bad"

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Greetings.

You would like the president to micro-manage schools now?

He already is. That's the point. Kids are being expelled from school for eating pop tarts in the shape of a gun, but the Prez is playing with toy guns. You see ? It's very easy unless you have your ObamaBlinders on.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
This topic is so rediculous, im surprised im even dignifying it with a response. Its a squirt gun. Big deal. Its the schools going crazy about anything gun related, not the prez. He might go against guns on national tv, but remember, he doesnt write his speaches, someone else does. Regardless, when it all comes down to it, hes a human being. I may have less than heartwarming feelings about him, but what he does on his own personal time, as long as it doesnt affect me, is none of my damn business, nor is it anyone elses!

Oh no! Schools and teachers are being toy gun nazis, and the prez is playing with toy guns with his kids! In other news, the sky is blue, grass is green, and hippies wear sandals...... seriously, come on now.

Don't you think POTUS should be behaving the way he expects people at schools to behave when he is promoting nationalized education standards using 5 billion of Bill Gates private money?

www.corestandards.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Man, # Obama, Jack! Sorry for the use of "bad words" but what he is doing is down right bull#! I voted for him the first time because I was a college student, and obviously and asshole, but this clown is killing our country. Why are we letting this happen?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It is my opinion that the President has fostered an anti-gun mentality during his time (thus far) in office.

And just how do you come to this conclusion? The reality is up until a period of a few months of a number of public shootings he kept quiet on gun control altogether. However from the day he took office the gun nuts have went on and on about how he was going to take them away. And even when he has been pushed into a place where he has had to say something on the issue, he has taken a moderate stance.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusCrime

Man, # Obama, Jack! Sorry for the use of "bad words" but what he is doing is down right bull#! I voted for him the first time because I was a college student, and obviously and asshole, but this clown is killing our country. Why are we letting this happen?

Well, we aren't exactly, but there are still plenty of people who justify what he is doing, and Congress won't impeach, so the best we can do is inform the public and fight his policies. You can start by studying the Common Core Standards and then opposing it in your community.

www.utahnsagainstcommoncore.com...

libertyfirstfl.org...

www.sdagainstcommoncore.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This makes my brain hurt.

It's a water gun. Get over it.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join