It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House tweets Pic of Obama playing with toy gun on Father's day. EDIT TO ADD: These pics are f

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by butcherguy

What a (*&#^@ pathetic excuse for a topic.
Really... the presidents playing with a water pistol while his child is in the pool?

are you all that immature that you think this is worthy of a dig at the president?

seriously..grow up.. the real issues out there are being ignored while you act like children bickering over who sits on the cool bench at lunch time.

This president is bad, not as bad as bush, but bad.. so why don't you try a little harder next time.

I wish this crap wasn't so prevalent on ATS.. anyone who comes here and see's something like this as 'breaking news' isn't going to come back!
edit on 17-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Yet we have grown up people suspending kids because they chew a pop tart into a gun , or because their name in sign language make a gesture that looks like a gun. so who has to grow up again??

Or is it when they use the same logic to attack the president it is unacceptable as it goes against your bias??
edit on 18-6-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

Here's the article:

Excerpted from The Daily Caller: Wishing Americans a happy Father’s Day, the White House tweeted a picture of President Obama and one of his daughters playing with toy water pistols.

The Tweet comes at a time when several schools around the country—fearful that such toys make kids more prone to violent behavior—have launched trade-in programs that encourage children to exchange their harmless toy guns for chances to win prizes, like books and bicycles.

One such trade-in took place last weekend at Strobridge Elementary in California. Principal Chris Hill, who organized the event, explained that toy guns desensitize kids toward gun violence.

“Playing with toys guns, saying ‘I’m going to shoot you,’ desensitizes them, so as they get older, it’s easier for them to use a real gun,” Hill said in a statement to Mercury News.

Earlier this year, a California activist named Jerry Rubin ramped up his efforts to dissuade parents from buying toy guns for their children.

Children who bring toy guns to school have met with severe punishments as of late. A Maryland kindergartner who took his cap gun on the bus was interrogated by administrators until he peed his pants, and then suspended for 10 days. Cap guns have bright, colorful tips to distinguish them from real guns, and make a popping noise when fired.

What a joke. I used to play with toy guns and today I don't own a gun nor do I have any desire to! When I used to,
I knew they were just toys and had a vast respect for the real deal! I don't believe a word of this BS! I do however
believe that treating a child violently or if a child lives in a home where violence is the norm, they will get used to such behavior and believe that it is normal!
If they don't have a gun to use then they will use some other nefarious implement! A gun is a tool and to get rid of it because it might be used as a weapon is ridiculous! It's just as easy to use a car, knife, explosives or any other tool to hurt people!
As for not letting our children play with water pistols because they might get used to the shape of a gun is plain ignorance but it seems this is the common theme that Americans have turned too! Ignorance is blissfully unknowing how bad things really are!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by dothedew

He might go against guns on national tv, but remember, he doesnt write his speaches, someone else does

I like this.

In your eyes he has zero responsibility for anything he says. After all, if he isn't reading from a teleprompter, it all just a mumbling rambling mess, we have seen that enough times.

This is an aside to the topic, but I notice this too amongst the American left. Obama is completely unknowing of anything wrong and if anything goes wrong on his watch he is completely unaware of anything and everything as an attempt to remove any culpability for his actions because otherwise the only other explaination is that he would be a very corrupt individual indeed. The trouble is, if he is so ignorant of things his underlings do, then he is a very incompitent president who cannot be expected to do his job. Which is it? Very, very corrupt or very, very incompitent and negligent?

Back to the topic: I play with squirt guns with my kids too. It is fun, especially when it is hot out. I don't see the picture as his hypocrisy, but rather the hypocrisy of his supporters--they same people who kick kids out of school for finger guns and pop tarts and sponsor toy gun buybacks are strangely silent on the president's choice of toys.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't care what Obama does in his free time with his kids. It doesn't affect me. The policies he goes along with are bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Sorry guy but Obama hasn't expelled anyone for having a pop tart gun. Fail

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
BUT ITS JUST A SUPER SOAKER!!!!!!! I dont even care about the politics of the matter,but when is it no longer okay to enjoy a spring/summer day with your family even if your shooting each other with water.now im not pro obama or pro government but im getting soooo sick of seeing pittifull s##t like this on the front page.CMON people lets find some actual interesting stuff to talk about here....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

(formerly)A big Obama fan, Marc Lamont Hill, seems to think that the President was wrong in posting the pic.
Marc Lamont Hill says...

Gun culture is promoted through the normalization of violent behavior, language, and imagery. Military style water guns are part of that.

Marc Lamont Hill's profile: Columbia.edu
( psst- He's a teacher)
edit on 18-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Greetings.

You would like the president to micro-manage schools now?

He already is. That's the point. Kids are being expelled from school for eating pop tarts in the shape of a gun, but the Prez is playing with toy guns. You see ? It's very easy unless you have your ObamaBlinders on.

So now the president is responsible for the actions of school administrations across the country? Please take your ObamaHaterBlinders off for a moment and see that the lunacy resides squarely in the hands of the looney school administrators, teachers and local governments who make these decisions.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yet we have grown up people suspending kids because they chew a pop tart into a gun , or because their name in sign language make a gesture that looks like a gun. so who has to grow up again??

Or is it when they use the same logic to attack the president it is unacceptable as it goes against your bias??
edit on 18-6-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

Interesting i didn't know Obama was a school adminstrator making him responsible for suspending those kids
Attacking Obama with a picture taken from last year playing with his kids poolside with a "squirt" gun? I think this hating bandwagon has now reached an all time low. Obama haters gon hate and trolls gonna troll

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

but his anti gun advocates have tried so you fail

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

Attacking Obama with a picture taken from last year playing with his kids poolside with a "squirt" gun?

To be fair, that pic was taken last year, BUT it was tweeted on Father's Day this year by the White House.
So they are the ones that put it into play this year.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is how Oban legends are birthed.
2 months later it's Fact, with Fox & Friends .

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What a ridiculous and pointless post... I was expecting to see some air soft gun or something of the like that looked semi real, to even begin to justify this shot at Obama, but seriously... an orange and white water gun? That doesn't even resemble any real gun? On top of that it's in a pool setting where such toys belong, not like he pulled it out on the podium... this is one of the lamest posts I have seen yet, but I'm sure it'll get worse, with all the copy and paste main stream stories and then stuff like like this.

EtA; I am in no way an Obama supporter and didn't vote for him either election, I'm not backing him up on anything, just pointing out how stupid this is. As stated earlier Obama has no control over how local school districts discipline children anyways, so the connection trying to be made here doesn't exist.
edit on 6/18/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: eta

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The president said that guns are bad? Man, maybe I should poison my mind with "the news" once in awhile at least. No joke, that's the first time I've heard any indication that the prez said guns are bad.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It looks perfectly normal to me, a dad playing with water guns around the pool. What's the big deal???

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Of all the things to complain about. Obama is actually spending time with his children on Father's Day, that is terrible!! Well, I've never seen a gun like that cause harm to anyone, so why should I care how he chooses to spend his Father's Day. The guy gets to have a personal life too...a miniscule one, but still.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join