Woman Denied US Citizenship Because of Atheism

page: 10
30
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR
 


true they have some polytheistic practices but they say they are monotheistic and hate anyone who actually says they are polytheistic




posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truthontheloose
 


Ah. Ok. My bad, man. Apologies.



posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I didn't read through the whole thread. Sorry. But I want my stance known, for the record.

If your not willing to fight for your country, against both foreign and domestic enemies, you don't belong here. Stay home.

Cirque



posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth
 


I sure would have hated to turn Ghandi back on that reasoning. Great man.



posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth
 


I sure would have hated to turn Ghandi back on that reasoning. Great man.


Whether it's peacefully or aggressively - you still stand.

Blessings,
Cirque



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If she claimed to be muslim like the president this wouldn't of happened.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I don't trust the source.
Wiki is no good.


You can use ANY Encyclopedia or FactBook to find that North Korea is the most atheistic country on Earth, with 64% being irreligious. This is common knowledge. So you wonder why Atheists dont mass-emigrate to like-minded people and instead want to join people who are majority-religious. Thats just WEIRD. The most natural thing for an atheist would be to enter North Korea...a place where no religious symbols will offend him or her. Where religion wont be covered in school. Where there are no references to God in the Constitution. The fact that atheists dont mass-emigrate to North Korea and never mass emigrated to the former Soviet Union is truly bizarre...unless....unless....they couldn't live without something to hate, some kind of enemy? Maybe they feel empty without being able to attack religious folk.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by JayinAR
I don't trust the source.
Wiki is no good.


You can use ANY Encyclopedia or FactBook to find that North Korea is the most atheistic country on Earth, with 64% being irreligious. This is common knowledge. So you wonder why Atheists dont mass-emigrate to like-minded people and instead want to join people who are majority-religious. Thats just WEIRD. The most natural thing for an atheist would be to enter North Korea...a place where no religious symbols will offend him or her. Where religion wont be covered in school. Where there are no references to God in the Constitution. The fact that atheists dont mass-emigrate to North Korea and never mass emigrated to the former Soviet Union is truly bizarre...unless....unless....they couldn't live without something to hate, some kind of enemy? Maybe they feel empty without being able to attack religious folk.



Yeah.. no. If you would be a vegetarian and DRNK would be the only place in the world with a majority of vegetarians (which even might be true... due to infortunate circumstances limiting food sources for the population..), you wouldn't think about moving there - why should someone?

There are not enough advantages counting all the disadvantages.

Sorry, but your posting comes straight from a dark place - and that is not your soul (I hope)..

Atheists like to be left alone from some god, and how this is achieved must not be some kind of relocating to the most undesirable place on earth to live in.

Just stop waving your bible in our faces.
Just stop being pompous about "we have morale because our book says so!".
Just stop feeling superior because of your invisible friend.

And we stop dissing your myths.
edit on 18-6-2013 by ManFromEurope because: Grammar, my old frenemy!



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Yeah.. no. If you would be a vegetarian and DRNK would be the only place in the world with a majority of vegetarians (which even might be true... due to infortunate circumstances limiting food sources for the population..), you wouldn't think about moving there - why should someone?


I, like most sane people would want to associate with like-minded people. Unless I felt more comfortable attacking people different than me, in which case I'd be delusional.



Sorry, but your posting comes straight from a dark place - and that is not your soul (I hope)..






Atheists like to be left alone from some god,


NK is the perfect place for that




and how this is achieved must not be some kind of relocating to the most undesirable place on earth to live in.


How can it possibly be undesirable to an atheist if it is void of Religion, religious symbols, religious education? It is truly a godless place.




Just stop waving your bible in our faces. Just stop being pompous about "we have morale because our book says so!". Just stop feeling superior because of your invisible friend.


None of these perceived "offenses" exist in North Korea.

But it doesnt HAVE TO be North Korea! The second most atheist place in the World is China, with around 50% professing to be atheist. Internet may not be as free there, and there is still mass starvation here and there, as well as communist media-control but it beats North Korea.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes
 


You veiled attempt at presenting a concern for atheists' sanity and well being, by suggesting they move to N Korea or China, is just another way of telling a group of people, who believe differently than you, to "Shut up and go away".

America is a melting pot of diversity. Get over it and learn how to get along and live together without purposefully alienating one faction or another, based your religious beliefs.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I didn't read through the whole thread. Sorry. But I want my stance known, for the record.

If your not willing to fight for your country, against both foreign and domestic enemies, you don't belong here. Stay home.

Cirque


Fighting against foreign "threats" is easy.

Fighting against domestic threats is difficult.

Most people only comprehend the first because it helps them rationalise everything by feeling all nice and cosey inside.
edit on 18/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca
reply to post by windword
 


of course because they failed to swear "so help you God" and denied to say the pledge of allegiance, how does it go again " "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God..."
edit on 16-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)


Fun fact: "Under God" was only recently added, in the mid-20th century.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seems to me the entirety of this boils down to conscientious objector status being held as invalid unless framed in the context of a theist.

The atheists I know are some of the most moral people I know. Morality does not require a belief in God, Santa, or the Toothfairy.

This is clearly a holdover from the puritanical imbeciles of the past.

That said, I don't want her ass in this country to enjoy it's benefits if she doesn't appreciate them enough to fight to protect them and her fellow citizens. We have enough freeloaders already: we don't need more to exploit the freedoms this nation offers without the responsibility it should imply.

Keep the trash out.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by setibuddies
 


I'm curious. Does your opinion on conscientious objector status apply to US citizens too? I can appreciate your pragmatism, but does an individual have the right to decide what threat is valid enough to kill over, and what threats may be politically or economically driven, benefiting not the greater good, but a few?



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

I, like most sane people would want to associate with like-minded people. Unless I felt more comfortable attacking people different than me, in which case I'd be delusional.



As a citizen of a secular country, I support separation of church and state. Period!

I am an American citizen who is atheist. I am not Korean.

What part of NO RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT (a secular government) do the religious not understand?

As an American atheist I support its diversity, it's freedom of and from religion.

I'm really sick of those of religion seeing only "black and white". NO ONE is taking your religion away. But you do not have the right of a religious government.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by setibuddies

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca
reply to post by windword
 


of course because they failed to swear "so help you God" and denied to say the pledge of allegiance, how does it go again " "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God..."
edit on 16-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)


Fun fact: "Under God" was only recently added, in the mid-20th century.


For political reasons to fight communism. Pushed by a Christian.

The original pledge was written by a socialist, and was written so it could be used by any country honoring their flag.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth
 


I sure would have hated to turn Ghandi back on that reasoning. Great man.


Ghandi did not have a problem with violence if necessary:



I have been repeating over and over again that he who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by non-violently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully.







Though violence is not lawful, when it is offered in self-defence or for the defence of the defenceless, it is an act of bravery far better than cowardly submission. The latter befits neither man nor woman. Under violence, there are many stages and varieties of bravery.


www.mkgandhi.org...

Many people do not know anything more than the superficial blurb in school, but his philosophies were quite more complex than most people realize.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by setibuddies
 


i know right! i found that out when i clicked on wiki



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


Yeah, I didn't think that example through. I suppose he is sorta famous for his pacifist stance, but that wasn't all he was about.
I've seen the A Team movie.



posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie
 


That is the sad conclusion, that the lack of morality is pervasive and that people just accommodate to it. Kudos for the women and shame on the US legislators and voters...





new topics
top topics
 
30
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join