US Marines on the ground at Syrian Border ..here comes Afghanistan circa the 80's again

page: 1
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We are officially on the ground ready for Syria. After Obama promised to arm the rebels, AQ rebels, seems that the US has upped the ante with 300 Marines and missile batteries.

It is also coinciding with a multinational exercise called 'Eager Lion'.

rt.com...

The marines are deploying based on evidence of chemical weapons use that is denied by Assad and his regime. (Iraq anyone?)



Three hundred US Marines have been deployed to northern Jordan to pave the way for the West to arm Syrian rebels. A Patriot anti-aircraft missile system, designed to protect Jordanian territory from attack by Assad missiles, has also been moved into the area. The deployment, seen by The Times north of Al-Mafraq, has been put in place under cover of a military training exercise being held this week, but it will remain there for months.


Link

and Russia is striking back by saying it will still back the Assad regime and finalize the delivery of promised weapons. This sounds a lot like Afghanistan all over again.




The Kremlin opposes any international action against its longtime client, Mr. Assad. Russian officials have said they plan to fulfill a 2010 contract for the S-300 missiles as a way to deter potential outside military intervention in the Syrian civil war. Western powers and Israel have opposed the sale of the system. Both Moscow and the U.S. are pushing the warring sides in Syria to enter peace talks in the coming months.


Link

What better way to get America to forget what its government is doing to its own citizen by creating the distraction of war.

It always starts with the Marines....
edit on 14-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71
 


No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71
 


wow that was fast...almost as if they were there before obama pledged support...

my first "prediction" on ATS:
20 years or so down the road a rouge element will attack US interests.
These people will be the current youth of syria who will witness the atrocities brought on by the developing conflict and effected personally by war crimes that were not reported by manning in a way that will cause them to hate and want to destroy the youth of America whom are not even born yet.

that is, providing that America can keep up this bs charade another 20 years...

on a different note, best wishes and prayers to ALL in the region, my hope is these actions wont escalate into a wider more dangerous conflict.

but its ok...im usually wrong



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If I write what I want to say about this it'll just be removed!

Thanks for the info. Now I'm gone to yell obscene words about the stupidity of our leaders!



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by esdad71
 


No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)


^^ This.

300 marines is not a fighting force. Anyone who thinks the US is going to invade Syria with 300 marines is utterly clueless.

It's easy to tell the people in this thread who know absolutely nothing about modern warfare.
edit on 14/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is the standard line we always get before a 'conflict'. Marines are on the ground and ready, etc ,etc...when we know damn well we have been in Syria for months. Those who know about warfare would know that, right? That is what the thread was about not to say we are going to end it with 300 Marines.

Obama publically gave the order for weapons but is that not who we were supplying from Libya with those arms shipments through the State Department. AQ?

edit on 14-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't think there are ALREADY US operatives inside Syria doesn't understand modern warfare..
edit on 14-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71
 


And 300 Marines wouldn't be what is on the ground in Syria now. There is absolutely no reason for them to try to hide troops being there with 300 Marines in Jordan considering how much we know about previous Special Ops missions through the years.



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari
 


Only way 300 Marines would be invading Syria is if they were all Force Recon. And even then it wouldn't really be an invasion only covert ops to take out specific targets. It would be akin to saying we invaded Pakistan when we took out Osama. The troops are only there for training and logistical support to show the Syrian rebels how to use their new weapons without a lot of collateral damage or killing themselves and each other.

Some people don't quite grasp the reality of situations before they run off sensationalizing things and making it out to be something it isn't. A little research into military strategy and tactics would go a long way. And no watching Hollywood war movies doesn't count.



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This is the standard line we always get before a 'conflict'. Marines are on the ground and ready, etc ,etc...when we know damn well we have been in Syria for months.


You know this how? Proof please.

Give me a rundown of the US military units currently operating in Syria. Size? Weaponry? Vehicles? All the details please.



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Anyone who doesn't think there are ALREADY US operatives inside Syria doesn't understand modern warfare..
edit on 14-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)


'US operatives' is not the same as 'troops on the ground.'

The British had SAS operatives in Afghanistan before US troops even set foot in the place, but that's not the same as 'invading Afghanistan.'



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
reply to post by Sankari
 


Only way 300 Marines would be invading Syria is if they were all Force Recon. And even then it wouldn't really be an invasion only covert ops to take out specific targets. It would be akin to saying we invaded Pakistan when we took out Osama. The troops are only there for training and logistical support to show the Syrian rebels how to use their new weapons without a lot of collateral damage or killing themselves and each other.

Some people don't quite grasp the reality of situations before they run off sensationalizing things and making it out to be something it isn't. A little research into military strategy and tactics would go a long way. And no watching Hollywood war movies doesn't count.


^^ Well said.

Have a star.



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari
 


If you don't consider US spec ops soldiers/troops then I have an island to sell you, and absolutely yes they are an invading force by legal standards.
edit on 14-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Give me a rundown of the US military units currently operating in Syria. Size? Weaponry? Vehicles? All the details please.


so the past few weeks/months of "revelations" about US govt secrets havent taught us anything....

seriously, its what they do!
they go out of there way to make sure the American public doesnt know what goes on behind the curtain, thats why they are called "secret"...
edit on 14-6-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by esdad71
 


No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)


^^ This.

300 marines is not a fighting force. Anyone who thinks the US is going to invade Syria with 300 marines is utterly clueless.

It's easy to tell the people in this thread who know absolutely nothing about modern warfare.
edit on 14/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...


Don't tell that to a marine!...


Seriously though, aiding the rebels is a bad ideal. We'll be in another war before it's all said and done, I can't believe our leaders! What's in this for us dose anyone know?



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari


The British had SAS operatives in Afghanistan before US troops even set foot in the place, but that's not the same as 'invading Afghanistan.'


Perhaps you should ask the Afghan people what an invading force is...



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel
 





providing that America can keep up this bs charade another 20 years...


20 yrs?

Nope. Too many people in the US waking up and too many Nations being attacked thus the creation of enemies within and abroad. Too many around the World saying "BIG BROTHER USA...ENOUGH!!!!!"

20 yrs? I would be surprised and more than angry if it went that long. Because if it did, the entire US population will long have been incarcerated or threatened with incarceration in the Fema camps and have had all their property and money stolen like that of each and every single illegal occupation Globally by the US War Machine.

I'm guessing 20 weeks. 20 Months at the outside. People have had enough of the killing machine and if the US citizens don't do it from within, the World will step up and do it themselves out of their own self preservation.

Peace

edit on 14-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
300 might be about the right number to have as a quick reaction force to cross the border with the throttles on everything fire walled if the storage and containment of Syria's chemical weapons changes.

They'd only need to take and hold one spot and Assad wouldn't be the one attacking. Not right away anyway. The U.S. has made clear, we'll "take" the chemical storage facilities before seeing them fall into the hands of disparate groups of FSA rebels. Those little terrorists would use them on Israel, I'd be willing to bet. World War III. Just add the loss of the wrong Syrian facility to rebels. Just one time. It's a dangerous game, IMO. Real dangerous.

It would also be a tripwire force. If it got badly mauled in some support effort or what I mentioned above? Like the Koreas on a larger scale, the losses would justify the real force to follow. Just one possible way to look at it......



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Don't tell that to a marine!...


Marine not marine.

Just saying is all...



posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Don't tell that to a marine!...


Marine not marine.

Just saying is all...


Lol, my paw would kill if he saw my mistake.





new topics
top topics
 
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join