US Marines on the ground at Syrian Border ..here comes Afghanistan circa the 80's again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Does any one think that the rebels will just sell the wapony they get and buy cheeper stuff and they whoulld probs sell to any one

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Is this how we fight Wars now....we arm the "Rebel Alliance" because we are too cowardly to go in ourselves..

And another Point....Who's idea was it to Use The word "Lion" when you are dealing with The "Muslim Problem"...Crusades anyone..

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawksage

Nope. The rebels will use it to kill Marines 3 years from now in Iran, or Lebanon, or (insert Islamic country).

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by esdad71

No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

That sounds nothing like Vietnam.
Again. Training the opposition. Supplying arms.
Then after that ramps up, there will be a false flag (Tonkin) to send in the troops.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
reply to post by esdad71

wow that was fast...almost as if they were there before obama pledged support...

my first "prediction" on ATS:
20 years or so down the road a rouge element will attack US interests.
These people will be the current youth of syria who will witness the atrocities brought on by the developing conflict and effected personally by war crimes that were not reported by manning in a way that will cause them to hate and want to destroy the youth of America whom are not even born yet.

that is, providing that America can keep up this bs charade another 20 years...

on a different note, best wishes and prayers to ALL in the region, my hope is these actions wont escalate into a wider more dangerous conflict.

but its ok...im usually wrong

It's ok though.
20 Years down the road we'll have all forgotten about it and a propaganda campaign will be launched saying they hate us for our freedoms, all the while the war contractors and politicians get fat off our tax dollars

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

300 marines is not a fighting force. Anyone who thinks the US is going to invade Syria with 300 marines is utterly clueless.

The only one who is clueless, is you ...

Yes, 300 marines ... batteries, and a whole lot of insurgents ... IS MODERN WARFARE.

Modern warfare, is as few soldiers as possible ... and then only professional soldiers, supporting the local force. Spread around, and hidden in the local environment.

That's modern warfare .. brigades, invasions ... are the past.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's a good question...All these " Rebel Alliances" we seem to be arming, most of them dont look as if they have a pot to piss in, so who is paying for these Arms that our governments dish out at the drop of a hat, i'm pretty sure the supplier doesn't run a weapons for clothes Scheme...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lol...America or any country wouldn't attack with 300 troops..it would start with the Air force bombing the Shiit out of them, then a brigade of soldiers going in as 'Peacekeepers'. they would never send in Marines without the Air force blowing up the place..They're just there to train the militants and get out.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
Lol...America or any country wouldn't attack with 300 troops..it would start with the Air force bombing the Shiit out of them, then a brigade of soldiers going in as 'Peacekeepers'. they would never send in Marines without the Air force blowing up the place..They're just there to train the militants and get out.

Precisely. Granted, the American command element is stupid...but I'll wait until I hear from the 26th MEU to change my mind....No invasion, simply training....

A2D

Edit to add: If you take a look at the 26th MEU USMC page...it gives updates on the training being conducted.....heavy arms target acquiring, recon patrols, and tank bilateral training are just a few examples....all the while we're establishing rapport(which is how this mission benefits US)

“We’re approaching the training in a logical fashion [by] really getting the host nation’s input on what they’re trying to get out of the training,” said (USMC Cpt)Riebe. “We’re adapting the assets we have to give them the training [that will most benefit them].”

Source
edit on 15-6-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Anyone who doesn't think there are ALREADY US operatives inside Syria doesn't understand modern warfare..
edit on 14-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

haha burn!! awesome!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
We aren't invading Syria. The troops are in Jordan to train the rebels on the weapons systems and provide logistical support. The most impact they will have is pointing them to targets and giving them a strategy to attack it. Basically giving the disorganized band of monkeys some organization so they can actually take on a trained force with some confidence instead of taking a few pot shots ans running away like they have been.

So the US isn't really invading Syria, they're just using the troops to train the rebels while giving them advanced weaponry so that the rebels can invade instead.

Right. Got it.

marines

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

So tell me Sankari, is killing innocents in Pakistan and Yemen with drones invading? Well, by common sense, it should be right? No it's not according to people like you I'm guessing. You must have this Hollywood mind like the invasion of France in WW2 with Tom Hanks climbing out of a boat running into German machine gun fire.

What a complete joke. Your purposeful ignorance on this forum is enough for anyone to question more, and I applaud you for that.

You might as well be committing seppuku with each and every one of your posts.

"bloodied but not bowed", haha! Oh the irony.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker

So the US isn't really invading Syria, they're just using the troops to train the rebels while giving them advanced weaponry so that the rebels can invade instead.

Right. Got it.

marines

Yes, marines ... all the muscles, except the ones that count ... grey matter. It's not really funny, it's ironically tragic.

At these moments, I think that as much as US and it's allies want war, maybe they should get it ... as the only muscle they appear to be using, is their bully muscle, and their grey matter seems to be on permanent leave. There are two ways to play it ... let'em win. Win all their wars, and then wait a generation or two until they've drown themselves in their own decay ... or, give them the war they want ... all out.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ok

Here is my 2p on the Syria situation

It is quiet clearly a Alwites/Shiite & Sunni Muslim Civil war and not just in Syria, in the ENTIRE Middle East, Clearly this has been going on for many many years, we have seen this happen time & time again but the conspiracy theorists are putting in another faction and blaming it all on the US as per, thats just laughable and clearly these people have an anti west chip or just have Shiite for brains, its true that the US arms the likes of Saudis, Qatar, UAE along with other Western countries, and Russia arms its rival Muslims, and this has been a huge factor in the Arab spring,

The US & Western allies are now beginning to supply the rebels directly which are affiliated with there ME allies simply because Russia is flooding Syria with more & more advanced weapons and Assad has used Chemical weapons, the balance is unfair so of course Saudis are going to fund there guys on the ground with there Western arms to which they buy billions worth a year

I don't see that there is any wrong in this it happens all over the world, maybe call a total ban on arming any ME country is a good logical idea for world stability, this has already gone way to far, Russia should have left Syria to sort its self out but it is now Medellin in international affairs and refusing to let the U.N deal with it as they should have right from the beginning Ignoring both Russian & western concerns, they should have done what was needed and what was right, and made a fair agreement based on FACTS, and THEN sent in peace keepers regardless of Veto's from countries only thinking of there own interests they should have done what was right & fair for both sides in Syria, and stopped the needless killings of innocents but ONCE AGAIN the U.N has no balls and has FAILED thousands of men women and children in Syria which are now dead or have there lives turned upside down

I personally think now this is going to be an externally back war from allies of both Sunni & Shiite Muslims the world over flooding the country with arms until there is nothing left of a single Syria city, town village, in Syria, So sad but i think its way past talks, and way past help because of Russia refusing every single peaceful solution to this mess which has been put forward, and all so it can have its Mediterranean Naval Base, and a ME puppet in power, and block Qatar's Gas pipeline to Europe which would effectively Kill of Russian state owned Gazprom, Gazprom is pretty much Russia's economy so i guess its why they are hell bent on Syria regardless of the cost of life's to Syrians.... Sad really, but i guess its the sick world we live in

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by esdad71

No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

^^ This.

300 marines is not a fighting force. Anyone who thinks the US is going to invade Syria with 300 marines is utterly clueless.

It's easy to tell the people in this thread who know absolutely nothing about modern warfare.
edit on 14/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

Like your call of duty experience is of anything...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Iran is sending 4000 troops to Syria.

Link

Iran is now fully committed to preserving Assad’s regime, according to pro-Iranian sources which have been deeply involved in the Islamic Republic’s security, even to the extent of proposing to open up a new ‘Syrian’ front on the Golan Heights against Israel.

As another poster stated, why are we involving ourselves in a Sunni/Shia conflict? It has been there forever and always will.
edit on 16-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
HAHA GO IRAN!!!!!

Hope between them and Russia Fortify they place so much all the USA/ UK and French war mongers can do is sit on the borders looking it.
edit on 16-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm thinking of RtoP:
en.wikipedia.org - Responsibility to Protect...

100,000 people have died in this Syrian civiil war so far. Clearly justifies RtoP, right? The Syrian regime has dictatorial power over the rebels, so it's one-sided and comparable to a massacre.

We're in a new era. This is about how the country treats its own citizens, not about whether the outside world is threatened. Of course, internal conflict CAN spill out into the rest of the world, though. And Syria is very anti-Israel. So the threat is not exactly only within Syria. But in this day and age the humanitarian angle has much more emphasis placed on it because of the Responsibility to Protect initiative passed in 2005 and used to justify action against Libya.

This goes into detail why RtoP has not been fully used yet with Syria:
www.chathamhouse.org - Gareth Evans on 'Responsibility to Protect' after Libya...

Basically, the situation we're in with Syria is driven by France/UK/US and some others. The US stated a while back that they would help to fund the rebels in Syria, for example. But the important thing to remember is that the UN will not stop them from doing things in Syria BECAUSE the UN would actually like to be in Syria, but if you read the link, you'll see that they're held back by BRICS. If this congestion continues with the security council then RtoP might fail completely. So rather than being the solution to an old problem, RtoP comes up far short in its stated purposes.
edit on 16-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So, when will crazy Kim in the NK chime in and cause more distraction?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join