It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your problem Humanity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

No we have to make this planet habitable, destroying more planets is not a solution.
On a personal level do you think your ego,lust,anger,attachment and greed would simply vanish if you lived in an apartment on Mars? Think about the fact that you have given no reason why you think your ego would disappear on leaving the atmosphere, you know it wouldn't.
It is up to the individual to find out who they are not by running away, when I was a kid and had to clean my room sometimes I would escape out the window but my room was still a mess.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I thought it was pretty clear that Athlons solution was not getting rid of the ego but to focus it on a greater challenge. Egos will be egos while humanity considers itself the dominant species of the planet. What if we are not though, that is something to consider.
When i was younger i could walk outside and smash an ants nest without any consideration. Now that i realize we are somewhat ants to something else, i would not like this done to me and i do not do things to others unless i can accept it done to me.
Venturing into space will essentially force humanity to realize how fragile we are as a species and perhaps change our attitudes towards each other.
Some of those ants nests would take a tremendous group effort to achieve but it is required for the survival of the colony.
In conclusion space is not the final frontier but realization is.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

I thought it was pretty clear that Athlons solution was not getting rid of the ego but to focus it on a greater challenge. Egos will be egos while humanity considers itself the dominant species of the planet.

This was my point, exactly. The human ego cant be destroyed but it can be challenged. If it becomes too big for the worlds boots then send it out to somewhere it can faces it ultimate foe.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
reply to post by BDBinc

I thought it was pretty clear that Athlons solution was not getting rid of the ego but to focus it on a greater challenge. Egos will be egos while humanity considers itself the dominant species of the planet. What if we are not though, that is something to consider.
When i was younger i could walk outside and smash an ants nest without any consideration. Now that i realize we are somewhat ants to something else, i would not like this done to me and i do not do things to others unless i can accept it done to me.
Venturing into space will essentially force humanity to realize how fragile we are as a species and perhaps change our attitudes towards each other.
Some of those ants nests would take a tremendous group effort to achieve but it is required for the survival of the colony.
In conclusion space is not the final frontier but realization is.

No clearly it was clearly proposing space travel and colonizing other planets for the problems that he said was of the ego.

1)We already know how fragile our bodies are we do not need to learn that.
2)Don't you think we have enough challenges?

Self realization is the only solution.
Going to the moon did not bring any of the astros self realization . The knowledge you are looking for is not out there for it is within you.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by TheomExperience

I thought it was pretty clear that Athlons solution was not getting rid of the ego but to focus it on a greater challenge. Egos will be egos while humanity considers itself the dominant species of the planet.

This was my point, exactly. The human ego cant be destroyed but it can be challenged. If it becomes too big for the worlds boots then send it out to somewhere it can faces it ultimate foe.

1)What is the ego's ultimate foe?
2)What is the size of the ego that you are talking about is it physically bigger than the earth?
3)What challenge is presented to the ego by flying around in a plane( or space ship) ?
Like I said self realization is the only solution.
Not more space travel leaving earth ( or running away from a messy room).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc

No clearly it was clearly proposing space travel and colonizing other planets for the problems that he said was of the ego.

Going to the moon did not bring any of the astros self realization . The knowledge you are looking for is not out there for it is within you.

I guess you have to use your imagination instead of focusing on what you think you know.
Yes we have enough challenges here right now however they all seem to be related to humans, call them elite if you want, becoming the dominant faction among our own species.
Going into space may not be the answer, however what humanity may discover as a result might be something to galvanize our species.
You interpreted my reference to fragile in regards to a body, however i was referring to the whole species in general. This is just a case of egos not being on the "same page".

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I guess you have to use your imagination instead of focusing on what you think you know.
Yes we have enough challenges here right now however they all seem to be related to humans, call them elite if you want, becoming the dominant faction among our own species.
Going into space may not be the answer, however what humanity may discover as a result might be something to galvanize our species.
You interpreted my reference to fragile in regards to a body, however i was referring to the whole species in general. This is just a case of egos not being on the "same page".

I know that the answer you are looking for lies inside you.

I do not choose to imagine that space travel to colonize another planet is a solution for any of the "problems of humanity" listed in this post.
Do you think that the earthquake in Japan did not teach anyone fragility ("whole species in general" ), the wars, bankers causing a global crash, the powerlessness. Do you not think what is happening right now hasn't taught you of the fragility of the whole species in general? If the lesson is learnt then understanding the whole general species fragility is not the problem and so is also not a solution.
Could there even be any better lessons of " whole species general " fragility on Mars? No- and knowing about whole species fragility did not galvanize the species.

Right here and now you and I are unable to galvanize on one idea that self realization is not out there in space(or in space travel) that the answers you seek are not out there.

Know thyself. The kingdom of heaven is within.
Not know mars. Peace is out there in space.

I am glad you have agreed we have all the challenges that we need.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Ill help you out a bit.
Imagine a scenario where we get into space and yes humanity is still out of control. Then our species stumbles upon another species who considers us ants.
They do not necessarily want to eradicate us but they see us as an annoyance to their ways and have no qualms in destroying us either if we get in the way.
Every human being learns that we are not alone and reconsiders their position of power given that if the species continues its parasitic way we will all be eliminated altogether.
The entire species might all have the self realization that you speak of when money and power doesn't eliminate the need for personal responsibility.
My question to you would be how do you "make" someone else realize something that you have realized? Don't you think as a species we could have solved world problems by now if this was as easy as saying "look within"?
The problems are glaringly obvious but until the ego is fed the right substance it will just continue to devour other egos and it is indifferent to duality its just hungry. I hope i haven't confused you by symbolizing the ego as a "being".

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Imagine a scenario where we get into space and yes humanity is still out of control. Then our species stumbles upon another species who considers us ants.
They do not necessarily want to eradicate us but they see us as an annoyance to their ways and have no qualms in destroying us either if we get in the way.
Every human being learns that we are not alone and reconsiders their position of power given that if the species continues its parasitic way we will all be eliminated altogether.
The entire species might all have the self realization that you speak of when money and power doesn't eliminate the need for personal responsibility.

I don't have to imagine it in space as it has happened and is happening the elites consider you another species/dogs/ants.

My question to you would be how do you "make" someone else realize something that you have realized? Don't you think as a species we could have solved world problems by now if this was as easy as saying "look within"?
The problems are glaringly obvious but until the ego is fed the right substance it will just continue to devour other egos and it is indifferent to duality its just hungry. I hope i haven't confused you by symbolizing the ego as a "being".

Egos don't devour other egos- literally or figuratively.
To teach and act on your realization is how you can help someone realize the truth .
Only a handful of people I know are is saying look within in a planet of billions -so it is not taught if it was I know it would be that easy.
If you want to fix problems between people you don't need to be the bigger well fattened ego.
What I would suggest is the opposite- don't feed the ego at all don't play with it . Do you feed your shadow.

Questions for you: what do you think is the right substance to feed an ego? What is your ego hungry for?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Serve the ego up some fear. Not fear of one another but fear of something bigger than the species.
Well now, my ego likes to feed off parasitical intelligences (those that project themselves onto me)
Besides nibbling here and there i also attempt mental alchemy to rehabilitate those intelligences so i consider this a fair exchange.
This is not a solution to the global issues though, i think people expressing themselves brutally honest to one another might be a better solution to ego outweighing intelligence.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

reply to post by BDBinc

Serve the ego up some fear. Not fear of one another but fear of something bigger than the species.
Well now, my ego likes to feed off parasitical intelligences (those that project themselves onto me)
Besides nibbling here and there i also attempt mental alchemy to rehabilitate those intelligences so i consider this a fair exchange.
This is not a solution to the global issues though, i think people expressing themselves brutally honest to one another might be a better solution to ego outweighing intelligence.

What for the ego is a bigger fear than annihilation? What do you think is bigger than that out in space.
People are living in fear and still you think more fear is the solution.
Do you feed greed a diet of greed, think anger should feed on anger.
For will that not make the anger, greed and ego bigger.
I have proposed the opposite.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

What for the ego is a bigger fear than annihilation? What do you think is bigger than that out in space.
People are living in fear and still you think more fear is the solution.
Do you feed greed a diet of greed, think anger should feed on anger.
For will that not make the anger, greed and ego bigger.
I have proposed the opposite.

People live in fear of one another. This is not apples for apples when dealing with another species above humanity on the food chain.
Lets assume fear and love (conditional desire) are the two motivating forces behind human actions. If everyone follows the path of love then what happens when a faction of humanity decides they don't want this? Wouldn't they just exploit the fact that the people wanting to experience love would be afraid of confrontation and just do whatever to that community? If you can accept one does not come without the other and if an experience is pushed one way it will reflect the other way, then i can see how fear could be a better motivator for the species.
Ill tell you a true story about myself. I used to enjoy Southern Comfort bourbon but one night i drank so much i was very sick. Now i cant even smell it without dry reaching.
Think of it like forcing fear out of the system by extreme exposure.
This may not be the solution, i have no answers only suggestions, but i think humanity can only polish a turd so much before its better off flushing it and cleaning the toilet bowl.
Somehow our species has to reconcile all our differences and at this point its hard to see any easy solution.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

]People live in fear of one another. This is not apples for apples when dealing with another species above humanity on the food chain.

Why do you think fear of annihilation (by another species/race) is any different to fear of annihilation.

Love is not conditional desire.Lets assume nothing about peoples actions (least we forget lust, attachment, anger, ego and greed as obstacle generators).

If everyone follows the path of love then everyone follows the path of love .
Fear has not been a better "motivator" people go mad with fear, mass fear campaigns have been used to control.
What about the ego feeding -does any human being need to think he/she is bigger/better than another.
(The "I" concept is the ego.)
I agree our species has to stop seeing the differences.
edit on 19-6-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Why do you think fear of annihilation (by another species/race) is any different to fear of annihilation.

For one not everyone lives in fear of annihilation from ourselves or in general. The other is that fear is not real, only what an individual ascribes to it. Give everyone some common ground on this matter and it might have different results.

Love is not conditional desire.Lets assume nothing about peoples actions (least we forget lust, attachment, anger, ego and greed as obstacle generators).

The way love is conditioned into today's society that is the most accurate i could label it. But you are free to determine your own meaning of what love is. Unconditional love to me is not interfering. I doubt many would feel the same because if love has any agenda it is then conditional.

If everyone follows the path of love then everyone follows the path of love .
Fear has not been a better "motivator" people go mad with fear, mass fear campaigns have been used to control.
What about the ego feeding -does any human being need to think he/she is bigger/better than another.
(The "I" concept is the ego.)

People have gone mad and killed out of love too. Many relationships are just forms of manipulation and control under the guise of love. See how this works?
Too many people are emotionally insecure. This is the cause of their ego suffering. Its all about energy and when it is understood how this flows through attention and focus then they can see how they are being influenced and manipulated to feel insecure.

I agree our species has to stop seeing the differences.

Now we have some common ground. If we spent less time defending our expressions we might have already solved the "problem". Then again someone could come along and use this to present something a little more interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
People in this world are living in constant fear. More common ground:Fear is not ever real it is only ascribed power over the individual so why do you think individuals will ascribe power to fear in the same way with same the results? It is not possible as individuals and when fear is ascribed its power its by that INDIVIDUAL.

The common ground you are looking for is self knowledge that has the power to "dissolves the I of the ego".

Love is not conditioned . LOVE is a state of being -it is not my meaning.
Love has no agenda and that is your confusion that love has a agenda.
You are talking about conditional feelings with an agenda not love.I am sorry this has been your experience.

Shall we agree that madness is neither love nor hate? People have gone mad and killed.
Relationships can have a party(ego) that controls( wants power) or tries to manipulate the other this is not to be confused with LOVE.
Emotional insecurity does not come from a suffering ego.
It comes from feeding the ego with a thought . Greed does not suffer nor does the ego.It can cause you to suffer if you mistakenly think you are whatever construction of the self("I") it tells you that you are( I am unloveable, I am fat, I am this I am that). If you believe whatever the ego tells you you are of course there will be pain and you will not feel connected to others.
You are not the"I" concept of the day- you are everything you are looking for- perfect, whole and complete.

The solution is look within and know thyself.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

You should re-read what you just wrote as if it is you telling that to yourself.
That should tell you about your ego if you ever wanted to "look within", it is after all your expression.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join