It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your problem Humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

reply to post by sonnny1

Greed is a product of our govt/econ. system. Every animal wants as much as they can get. That doesnt make all animals greedy. Theyre not greedy until theyre successful. Only with a flawed govt/econ system can someone acquire more resources than they need to the point it is called. "greed".

Greed is caused by the belief in lack. It is the human condition. Every individual feels there is something lacking because they are divided from the whole. It makes one needy and greedy and rarely satisfied.
It is not the governments fault that you feel lack - it is just a belief that has not been investigated.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

It is society's fault. Without society, the things we pursue greedily, the material objects, do not exist. Lack is inevitable and real. Greed is not caused by lack. Greed is caused by desires to acquire things you dont need.
edit on 15-6-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

You believe there is something outside this present scene - you might call it society or the world but really there is only presence and everything is contained in it.
The idea that there is something outside presence is the divide - the belief in other causes the seeking for something to fill you up - when presence is realized to be all, what else is there? The realization of emptiness is filled with what is.
The presence is full of all there is.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There are no problems, just differences of opinions.

When one feels that their opinion is greater than another, they beat people up and start wars to force everyone to do and believe the same things as them.

Controlling others will always lead to unnecessary struggle and conflict.

This is not a "problem" though, it is just another choice which comes with another result.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

reply to post by sonnny1

People love to haye because they lack the understanding of the use for hate. Humans are plagued by ignorance. Society makes a vulnerable human oblivious to the real world and they become lost and confused. Its so bad, these people convince themselves of all sorts of ridiculous falsehoods. Hate is natural. Loving hate is sick.
edit on 15-6-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

People don't really hate - they fear. Individuals are full of fear - they fear the end - they fear not being - they fear extinction. Because they believe they can end it makes them try and secure themselves.
If you think you are a thing then you will be in fear, this will cause you to want more and wanting more is the cause of the feeling of lack which causes need and greed..
When you realize what you really are all fear of non existence will vanish and need and greed will go as well..

You need food. Period. If you dont fear non existence, and you dont feel like you need food, stop eating. I dont know what I really am, but I know what I think I am, so im gonna play that role.

Eating happens.
I am non existence.

You fear non existence so will hold fast onto existence. Existence is the appearing scene. Non (appearing) existence is the screen on which the scene appears. The screen is constant and never changes and the scene is ever changing constantly.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Controlling others will always lead to unnecessary struggle and conflict.

Trying to control yourself is the struggle and conflict.
How many are you?
The idea that you should be different makes you think others should be different. What if nothing could be different?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My problem with humanity is that we are an under evolved specie where the small minded dualistic ones who can manipulate the whole decide what the group should do and how goverment and financial systems should work. If humans where more idealistic and would not accept wrongness in any form (like parasitism/enslavement in financial systems/corruption/limited representative democracy/propaganda) then this specie would easily evolve out of it's infancy and be able to create the world that some of the humans here deserve.

I am so tired of listening to propaganda that I should take as truth from parasitic corrupted egoistic soul trash who fit better in a hell dimension than in an idealistic society and the mindless sheep that cannot see thru it and therefore give the soul trash power.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What is your problem Humanity?

There are many problems, but they are all directly related to one distinct root source:

We're only Human.

edit on 6/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Yes im talking about building spaceships, starships call them what you will which can carry thousands of humans at a time to destinations out there where colonies can be set up.

The only thing that can and ever will be able to squash the human ego is the vastness of space.

I agree with that and see expansion into space as a logical step - HOWEVER, there is still space enough left on Earth.

We have massive amounts of oceans which we have not inhibited yet and we have giant deserts too where not one human soul lives. Humans at the moment live very concentrated in few spots on Earth with VAAAAST areas literally barren. Just think about the oceans!

Irony: Occupying those places would be far easier technologically than expanding into space - it would be kind of "funny" if we start colonizing Mars, Moon, reaching to other planets etc. while still having not touched those areas on Earth. IMHO.
edit on 15-6-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatifitdidhappen
reply to post by OpenEars123

I think the ego can be subdued but only internally not externally. You can't force a person to act a certain way that only leads to confusion, rebellion, hate, anger, and distrust...ie religion, laws, norms, etc. If a person can somehow find peace within his or herself without any external governing then the ego can remain diminished. The problem is we are getting attacked on all fronts psychologically. Based on our current model we can only consume until we can consume no more with no regard for our future.

The "ego problem" is a spiritual issue. In small human settlements the ego problem can be dealt with by the community, but where there is no community all that is left is the ego problem. M Scott Peck once said that community is the greatest human need. What he means was that without it the ego rules our lives and people will suffer and cause others to suffer with them as a consequence.

The solution, as I see, it to decentralize everything starting with money. The formation of a global government is going in the wrong direction. When a select few have more power than the rest of us, you can expect the "ego problem" is going to result in untold evil and wickedness. When we decentralize money, we are going in the right direction, toward community and individual responsibility.

Yes, mankind should expand into the Universe. This doesn't solve the "ego problem" but it doesn't provide a strategic objective that every person on Earth can focus on. The primary aim of every person should be to get their ego under control, but that primary aim must be left the individual. All a society can do to help is ensure this individual has a nurturing community in which to live and grow.

The question then becomes, how can we go to the stars and decentralized everything at the same time. I believe we have the technology to do this, and understanding how peer-to-peer networks (like Bitcoin) work is key to making this possible. We have the technology to create the best possible environment for human development, but in order to see this manifest in reality the old money system much be dismantled. Why? Because it is the old money system that keep us locked into the "ego problem" and keep us under the control of a select few.

If we 1) break free of the old money system and 2) return to community values when individuals can learn to overcome the ego problems, then humanity has a bright future.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The ego is not "bad". It is essential. It is that force that keeps us alive.

But we need to understand it not really our true selves. It is just that part of ourselves that watches out for our physical survival. Don't give it any more power than that.

Let your soul be in charge. We are spiritual beings living a human life.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

We don't really know too much about our own sea and oceans either. Something like 2% have been explored and they make up 3/4 of the planet. Seems like it would be easier to deal with than space and a lot less costly.

I don't see why we have to be hopping off planet unless we have the money to do it. My husband would like to join the first civilian voyager into space and I say "sweetheart,t you are welcome to go, I like it here." Occurs to me that like Las Vegas erupted from a barren empty, desert, I think the moon is the first place we might consider for an out post. I would be surprise if our very first space settlement is anywhere else. (not counting the space stations which could be anywhere) but stationary bases, the moon would be first. Curios to see if anyone else thinks this.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle
My problem with humanity is that we are an under evolved specie where the small minded dualistic ones who can manipulate the whole decide what the group should do and how goverment and financial systems should work. If humans where more idealistic and would not accept wrongness in any form (like parasitism/enslavement in financial systems/corruption/limited representative democracy/propaganda) then this specie would easily evolve out of it's infancy and be able to create the world that some of the humans here deserve.

Yes, I agree.

I suggest we have two problems, 1) the "ego problem" of human nature, and 2) money. These two issues are related because our money system is rooted in our human nature. We have created our political systems of control in our own image, and after our own likeness.

Money controls our lives. Simply stated, it is the ubiquitous control architecture of a political structure. While we don’t think about it, money functions as an Artificial Intelligent ruling almost every human enterprise. The recent NSA spying scandal only underscores this point. Money provides control over people and that is what political structures expect and demand. Indeed, they could not function without money, however, I believe humanity could function quite well without them, or their spying, or their control of money.

In a recent 10-minute speech, the Pope said, "Countries should impose more control over their economies" and not allow “absolute autonomy” in order to provide “for the common good”. While that sounds good, but does the Pope really understand what he is actually calling for. More power in the hands of government is not the solution to the problem, it would only make the problem far, far worse. If left unchecked, the AI we are creating now will become far more evil than the corrupt system we have now.

The Pope was correct when he identified the problem, he said the policies and actions of our current money system stem from a “gravely deficient human perspective, which reduces man to one of his needs alone, namely, consumption” and I would add, disregards his individual rights, such the right to free speech. He went on to say, we have begun a "culture of disposal, [where] human beings themselves are nowadays considered as consumer goods which can be used and thrown away.”

I agree this is a problem, but why is it a problem? Because human being have value and the AI system that rules over us doesn't understand that value. Our world system is run by corporations which reflect the greed of their creators. So one might say we already have an early form of Artificial Intelligence running the world today, and we have created this monster in our image and according to our likeness. Over time the "sinful nature" of this monstrous AI is only going to become uglier and still uglier unless we change its programming... so how can we do that without first changing our own? I think we have only a small window of opportunity to stop this evil money system or humanity is doomed.

What is needed is a bottom-up revolution which displaces the ubiquitous control architecture of every political structure. Could Bitcoin be the answer?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The money system we have now could finance the exploration of space but it isn't. Why is it?

The answer is simple: our money system was designed to be a control system, therefore it functions as a control system. If you want to explore space, we need a new money system. The one we have now will fund a space program on paper, only to move the money into the hands of the CIA (war machine) when no one is looking. Why? Again, the reason is clear, our money system is purpose driven, it is used to control people by subjugating nations, not to advance the human race.

I maintain that a big part of the "ego problem" you speak of is money. Strictly speaking money is not what is meant by Artificial Intelligence, however we could call it an "Alien Influence" because it does have that effect on the human ego. People act in ways they otherwise would not because of this undue influence. And so money makes fools of us all by appealing to our human ego and indeed twisting in beyond recognition. .

Money is not an Artificial Intelligence (or singularity) but I would argue it is an early form of AI. This AI is often refereed to a "god". Haven't you ever heard it said that someone's god is money? What did this mean, other than they ware being ruled by a negative force? People who are driven by greed act as if they are under the influence of an alien intelligence. They can hurt their friends and family and have no regard for strangers. It seems the worship of money knows no bounds.

One might say this AI we call money has the same "sinful" nature that we ourselves have. In other words, we literally created the first AI in our own image, embedding within this money system our own greed. It is not unlike a software program that functions as it does because we created it to do just what it does.

If this software analogy is a good one, then the "alien influence" we call money is not alien at all. What it really is a false authority with undue influence. We must battle within ourselves over what is the right thing to do, and sometime we must rebel against this "alien" force which is the money/control system.

The greed of this AI money system functions without the need for human beings and without concern for their well-being. Corporations have become machines that push for profit without regardless for how it may effect the human environment. The largest banks don't even care if they follow the laws or not, because they help create the AI and they know how to bend the rules.

You are correct to say the "ego problem" is at the core of human struggles.

However, to then say that our money system (which controls governments) has nothing to do with that process is fundamentally wrong. (I know you didn't say that...just a "straw man" argument... sorry 'bout that). My point is, money is fundamental. If we want to see a positive future and a singularity that advances mankind, then we need to address the fundamental flaw of human society (money) as priority one!

Bitcoin is not the answer, but at least it opens up the discussion and makes change possible because change must happen in the mind before it can happen in the real world.

edit on 15-6-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The human condition is terminal at best, or so it appears.
If we could only overcome the sad state of ignorance and selfishness we find ourselves in, and reach for that sense of wholeness and community we all know is attainable and righteous, we could all wake up tomorrow in a much more beautiful and full world.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well dear Athlon....

There will always be humans on the bandwagon of group, mob or go with the crowd mentality... gang bangers I call them. Some call them zombies or sheep. You know the terms... we've all heard them. We've all encountered it as some point in our lives...

We have all been there as we grow learn and change on this earlthy realm. So those that are still there just haven't moved beyond yet. It is a choice to be made by an individual and a difficult road to travel.. some just aren't ready yet... is all. Until a person is willing to let go they will remain in that rut.

I don't know if pioneering the outer realms of the heavens will resolve the ego or this group psychological mentality. Interesting concept. It reminds me of what Ronald Reagon once said..

President Reagan: "But, I’ve often wondered what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer–a power from another planet.” Reagan said. “Wouldn’t we all of a sudden find that we didn’t have any differences between us at all, we were all human beings, citizens of the world and wouldn’t we come together to fight that particular threat?” The president said.

I think new wonderful possibilities would open up to us Earthly children but I don't think it will magically resolve all our woes.

We can daydream though...

leolady

edit on 16-6-2013 by leolady because: cuz

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

The only thing that can and ever will be able to squash the human ego is the vastness of space.

edit on 14-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Space travel will not "squash the human ego".
Did the men who went to the moon feel they left their ego's when they left the planet?
You get in a space ship go to Mars, colonize it and guess what your ego is still with you as you identify with it you think you are the body /mind in Venus.
Just your imagined location has changed but so what as you brought your ignorance and with you (and the idea you are separate from everyone else & this beautiful blue planet).

Space travel for humanity is not a solution to the problems of ego/separateness .
Win your personal battle with your ego, once everyone knows who they are the problems will not exist.
So who are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Who have forgotten their humanity.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think you are on the right track but in the end it's greed which is the real problem, not ego's. Ego's need energy to sustain it and the more you get in life the more energy thus the bigger the ego. Which is no problem if you are a member of the upper circles, the giants where they all have such big ego's.

Going into outer space would only move the problem, humanity will go out with the intention of gathering as much stuff as they can any means possible, just as people die every day because someone else needs more and more and doesn't care about all the bodies they leave behind in their trails. Doesn't matter much to me if it were fish which died from BP or any African or Arabian because of diamonds, gold, oil, all the ground resources. Humanity in space as they currently are would only kill other species if they happen to be sitting on a resource they need, while other available resources are just a few years away, humans from this planet would just take the easy way which is the shortest even if others suffer for it.

A famous person once spoke about wanting more space to live in. It's not about physical space, it's about mental space, the soul, or spirit, psyche which is hampered by several errors which practically can't be solved. It's like staring at a flower blossoming for hours and generating that good feeling and taking it in, this is for one person enough but another needs days of activities to generate a similar feeling and then he or she isn't allowed to fully take it in for all kinds of reasons. Pretty much like sex issues in Christianity, going all the way but never really reaching heaven because then you have to become a celibate monk, nun or the next saviour.

Humanity has a long way to go before they have corrected all the errors in their thinking (if they ever manage to at all, like a limited time offer only) and that is when they can go out into space. Not because anyone can stop them or want to but because humanity is stopping itself, which is a long process I doubt you and I will see, maybe a couple of centuries, after everyone is bisexual, marriage has been abolished and children live in huge foster homes, they will still have a chance to make it into outer space and meet their neighbours, maybe even those who control this sector. Not the upper class though since they strictly adhere to heterosexuality, the opposite polarities and all, anything else is like an infectious disease to them.
edit on 17/6/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

edit on 17-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Space is the answer it has to be. We need to build the starship enterprise and go find other habitable planets.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join