It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master Mason (PHA)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Maybe you can start by telling everyone what year you were raised and which lodge you belong to........

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I would be glad to. Long story short, Masonry is the art of brick laying. The builders of the pyramids were obviously masters of brick laying, seeing as they, built the pyramids! They were the first true Masons. Everything about Freemasonry (and all Judaeo-Christian religions for that matter) stems from Egyptology.

It was said that those standing outside of King Solomon's temple while it was being built, could not hear the sound of a chizzle or a hammer....alluding to the fact that the temple itself was built with some other means than normal tools, as the Great Pyramids themselves were.

The symbols used in Freemasonry, the compass, and the square, are metaphors for tools used for the advancement of knowledge. Metaphors for tools such as geometry, which we have used as a figurative microscope to see into the depths of nature itself.

The shape of the compass over the square is an OBVIOUS tetrahedron shape, or 2 dimensional star of David which represents a 3D tetrahedron. This was the symbol for the Fraternal Order of The Golden Dawn, which for some reason our "Master Mason" OP here doesn't have any inkling as to the origins of his own fraternity nor its influences ans associations. The symbol for the Golden Dawn was and always has been two inverted triangles, one blue, and one red, picturing the fiery red setting sun lowering into the horizon of the deep blue ocean. It represents the union of opposites, the higher sephiroth joining with the lower, man grasping his own consciounsness and simultaneously comprehending his own enlightenment. It represents the male and female forces joinging, water and fire becoming one, etc...

Now sine Freemasonry originated in Egypt, they still concern themselves with Egyptian notions such as Isis and Osiris. It has been clearly laid out over the years that Isis and Osiris are obviously personifications of Sirius A and Sirius B. Now you can try to dismiss this all you want, but the facts remain, and I suggest you do a little bit of research before attempting to discuss this further. I would suggest starting with reading "The Sirius Mystery" by Robert Temple. He was ridiculed by some, but you can always tell a pioneer by the arrows in his back...

Osiris is Isis's husband, the keeper of the underworld. He represents Isis's "dark companion", just like in reality how Sirius B is a condensed white dward star that has collapsed on itself and become the most dense matter in the known universe and is significantly smaller than Sirius A, yet much heavier. The implications of the Egyptians knowledge of this virtually invisible star is frightening in itself.

That is why the Masons, (well the TRUE masons, anyway, the powers that be, etc...) know that Sirius A is symbolic of The Great White Lodge. That is why the Golden Dawn uses IAO as a name for God (Isis Anubis Osiris - the trinity - Life Death Rebirth) And "coincidentally", Sirius is actually a TRINARY star system, yes there is s Sirius C. Which completes the trinity of trinities, as if the Egyptians knew it. IAO, ABC, Life Death Rebirth...

But you're right, it probably has nothing to do with any of that, it's all just funny hats and handshakes.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
It was said that those standing outside of King Solomon's temple while it was being built, could not hear the sound of a chizzle or a hammer....alluding to the fact that the temple itself was built with some other means than normal tools...

If you actually read up on this you would have seen that the explanation is that the stones were dressed in the quarry so they would not need to use chisels or hammers when at the temple. (Kings 6:7)

The shape of the compass over the square is an OBVIOUS tetrahedron shape, or 2 dimensional star of David which represents a 3D tetrahedron.

How is this possible when they do not even use the same angles?

That is why the Masons, (well the TRUE masons, anyway, the powers that be, etc...) know that Sirius A is symbolic of The Great White Lodge...

Maybe you can enlighten everyone and tell us where this is found anywhere in Masonic ritual?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I will admit, that's a better answer than I expected. But you make a few leaps that masonic Scholars have yet to agree on.

But the fundamental ideas in the blue lodge are and have always been the basic tenets of masonry.

As you probably know, most of the esoteric academia comes from other groups and deeper study far beyond freemasonry.

edit to add:
I did think it a bit rude to assume to know what the OP knows.
edit on 21-6-2013 by network dude because: added thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I wasn't assuming, I was hinting at a reply the OP left me earlier stating that Masonry had nothing to do with the Golden Dawn or its origins. I wasn't trying to be rude, just observant.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It was said that those standing outside of King Solomon's temple while it was being built, could not hear the sound of a chizzle or a hammer....alluding to the fact that the temple itself was built with some other means than normal tools...

If you actually read up on this you would have seen that the explanation is that the stones were dressed in the quarry so they would not need to use chisels or hammers when at the temple. (Kings 6:7)

The shape of the compass over the square is an OBVIOUS tetrahedron shape, or 2 dimensional star of David which represents a 3D tetrahedron.

How is this possible when they do not even use the same angles?

That is why the Masons, (well the TRUE masons, anyway, the powers that be, etc...) know that Sirius A is symbolic of The Great White Lodge...

Maybe you can enlighten everyone and tell us where this is found anywhere in Masonic ritual?

The fact is, that line about not hearing a sound from inside as the HUMONGOUS bricks were being lain, is a blatant allusion to the way in which the masonry itself was being accomplished...Dressed or not, those bricks were heavy, too heavy to be lain silently even by today's standards. Dressing a stone doesn't prevent it from making noise when being slid, nudged, moved, hauled, pushed, pulled, lifted, etc...The purpose for that statement was to insinuate that none of the formerly mentioned techniques were used.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Kody27 because: quote

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You see, the thing about Masons and Masonic rituals is that I guarantee you 99.99% of the people performing these rituals do not have a full frame reference in which to fully understand the depths of symbolism in each work, movement, color, sound, plant, hour, word, etc...

It is almost analogous to the concept of Tarot cards. For example, on the surface, one could say that they know Tarot very well and can give you a fortune telling easily, based on the simple rules of Tarot, correct? Anyone can pick up a deck and an instruction manual, follow the steps, and interpret the cards as is. It's not that hard.

However, to truly have a frame of reference as to the origins of Tarot, and to apply that knowledge to the cards, would be painstakingly difficult even for versed Magickians... Because each of the 22 Minor Arcana Tarot cards represent one of the 22 paths between the 11 Sephiroths on the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. These sephiroths are symbols in of themselves, representing different aspects of consciosness and creation. The first is Kether (Crown) which represents the pure and holiest divine knowledge, then Chokmah and Binah, which represent Wisdom and Understanding. There are 7 more Sephiroth and one anti-Sephiroth (Daath) making for a total of 11 entities, if you will. Yet the complex part has not even begun. There are "roads" or "paths" in between each sephiroth, or energy center. Each path represents a combination of things, and what would come of them if they were combined. Like, combining the ability to recognize beauty with the fiery passion to create, or the ability to understand knowledge compiled with the ability to ground your ideas to the physical realm. All of the tarot cards represent these combinations of ideals, and to be able to site read such depths in meaning and interpretation would be the equivalent of sight reading a violin concerto by Nicolo Paganini on the spot and playing it perfectly.

That is why even Master Masons don't realize exactly what they're saying or even doing in the most high rituals. Because they all have double, triple, and even quadruple meanings that can assume the visage of one agenda on the surface, but in reality have a very different agenda underneath. The frame reference required to understand these symbols in rituals is so vast, that it would take years of learning and memorizing tables and charts and languages.
To start, one would have to master the written Hebrew language, along with all of its numerical associations, and learn how to perform Gematria with its intended meanings.

Secondly, one would have to memorize all of the associated colors, scents, hours, angels, days, planets, animals, emotions, chakras, etc..Listed in The Key of Solomon the King, and in 777. That would give you a start on having a frame of reference.

I guarantee you most Masons never even consider such things.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Open question to any Mason ...

Explain the Tet of Osiris .

How it creates the Tree of Life .

What the true Gate is .

I'm predicting an epic failure .

If that is the case the Masons know nothing but ritual and the rhetoric of lost knowledge with out its true meaning .

Dazzle me Boys

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

Whence came you?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

From All That IS .

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What I see here is people who think they now lots of stuff and they may, but they have no idea what "FREEMASONRY" is or what it's really about.

It's not deep into hermetic teachings or lost knowledge, it is a fraternity based on brotherly love, truth, relief, charity, and community. In the teachings you are taught snipits of things that elude to further knowledge. YOU as the individual must seek this knowledge. It can go in many different directions. A blue lodge mason who goes no further into the mysteries of life than that he is taught in the blue lodge is still a master mason and a brother. By the same token, a non mason who digs deep into ancient texts, philosophy, magic, and hermetic teachings will know far more about that subject than the blue lodge mason, but if he wanted that information and had the drive to look for it, it would be there for him as well.

What it boils down to is the knowledge is there, it not easy to find, but if you want it, and you are willing to look for it, you will have it. What you do with it, is up to you. But don't think that you can snub anyone based on what you THINK you know. If you weren't initiated, passed, and raised in a masonic lodge, then you aren't a mason. If you want to be one, just ask one. If you don't, that's fine too. But acting like an ass because you know something someone else doesn't is just plain stupid. We all know things others don't. When the other comes to you and has a willingness to learn, then they are ready to hear, and you will be ready to teach. Not gloat.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The Mason always have touted their Knowledge of the Temple .

At least you are honest about their true standing .

Thank you

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

In my opinion it can be the first step on a very long journey of which there are many different paths, or it might be all you ever needed. Depending on your ambition level. I'd say better than 95% of the masons I know are very content at the blue lodge level. And there is nothing in the world wrong with that. I myself am just peaking in the door of the big library. I know there is a LOT of stuff in there, but have little clue as to what it all is. When I am ready, I will find out.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The fact is, that line about not hearing a sound from inside as the HUMONGOUS bricks were being lain, is a blatant allusion to the way in which the masonry itself was being accomplished...Dressed or not, those bricks were heavy, too heavy to be lain silently even by today's standards.

It says nothing about them being lain silently, only that they used no tools of iron:

In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built.

Dressing a stone doesn't prevent it from making noise when being slid, nudged, moved, hauled, pushed, pulled, lifted, etc...The purpose for that statement was to insinuate that none of the formerly mentioned techniques were used.

Read it again. Nowhere does it say the Temple was built silently.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

So basically you made a very longwinded post to say that it does not appear in Masonic ritual.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

So basically you made a very longwinded post to say that it does not appear in Masonic ritual.

I don't know all of the Masonic rituals, do you? I'm sure there are few that actually do know them all. And my longwinded point was, that even if I did know all of the rituals themselves, it doesn't mean I would understand the true meaning behind any of them. Knowing of the map, is not knowing the territory.

Sirius is never simply referred to directly by its scientific given name, how am I to know what Masons mean when they say or do certain things? I never claimed to be a Mason myself, just that I know a little about them.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Kody27 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2013 by Kody27 because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i learned long ago to just go for a walk when i was getting frustrated (re: 2 or 3 pages back)

the people who are doing that frustrating don't seem to be on the same search for knowledge that we are?

keep looking..

the cartoon was posted on page 1 for a reason.. and you think i'm just trying to waste your time?

just watch it, then come back here and tell me i don't know what i'm talking about?
what are you afraid of? a little kids cartoon?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I did the proper math. You're just trying to cover up. The fact remains, the pyramid is not 1/1,000,000th distance to the sun. Maybe you should look at your post, you didn't say "mean distance" you said average distance which I did give. Also "mean distance" is not what you gave, but rather "the arithmetic mean of the maximum and minimum distances of a celestial body (satellite or secondary star) from its primary." Fact remains the pryamid is nowhere close to being 1/1,000,00th the "average distance to the Sun."

reply to post by Kody27

We're talking about speculative Freemasonry, not operative. We take our heritage, by legend, from the Masons who built King Solomon's Temple, who were both operative and speculative.

Everything about Freemasonry (and all Judaeo-Christian religions for that matter) stems from Egyptology.

No it doesn't. This is only a theory of yours, not fact so stop presenting it as such.

The manner in which the Temple was built is explained to the candidates.

The Square and Compasses do not form a Star of David as that would require all angles of both instruments to be at 60-degrees, when clearly the Square cannot by its very name and use.

That is why the Masons, (well the TRUE masons, anyway, the powers that be, etc...

So please tell us what Lodge you're a member of and when you were raised. Do you always like sounding pretentious and self-important?

But you're right, it probably has nothing to do with any of that, it's all just funny hats and handshakes.

There are many deep and esoteric meanings to Freemasonry, but it doesn't just point to Egypt. The "logic" you have used is something my 5-year old nephew would use.

reply to post by Kody27

There is never a mention that the stones don't make noise, but that there is no iron work at the construction site. Good Lord kid.

reply to post by Kody27

Yes, yes, we're all dumber than you.

I guarantee you most Masons never even consider such things.

That's quite something to think you know what most Masons think about.

I don't know all of the Masonic rituals, do you?

Of the bodies I'm in, I sure do. Obviously if I wasn't a member I wouldn't have the rituals memorized.

reply to post by UNIT76

I've watched that cartoon many times, but in regards to Freemasonry you still don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So... after you encounter the water, the sulfur, and the salt... you are a made man.
Risen and Raised. This happens to be the blue lodge.
This is when you sing the blues. But! But you may choose to advance.
Whilst singing the blues... you come across a being supreme with much of size and shape.
This is geometry... also the 4th degree. The being supreme is presenting a triangle with the words "try-an-go".
The struggle with the being of size and shape is real.
instead of doing the geometry... which is to draw the line and not cross it, thus becoming the point.... you cross the line fight and discover mathematics. This is the 5th degree aka aftermath. Yay pinocchio

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I've watched that cartoon many times, but in regards to Freemasonry you still don't know what you are talking about.

..so now you've seen it?
..and many times, eh?

too bad you didn't just come out and say that in the first place..
..it'd make everything else you say that much more believable

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join