It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post - Classified Docs Reveal Obama Upcoming Africa trip cost up to 100 Million $$

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Only if they do not return. perhaps they are house hunting?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I could care less about cost. it is high time that someone representing the U.S. get to Africa and broker a deal for a slice of their natural resources before the Chinese monopolize the entire continent.

Fools look at cost; meanwhile, insightful folks look at dividends.
edit on 14-6-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by hamburgerler

reply to post by hamburgerler

You ignore the fact that Africa could add a whole new revenue stream to the American economy which is currently being hoarded by Chinese interests.

You got to be kidding. If that's the plan....., then we're dead.

....And don't mention the chinese, they probably make more jokes than us about him.

It sound like you you think 1 part of a plan constitutes the entire plan...

America is very close to be surpassed by the Chinese, culturally speaking,it does help that Obama is black.

And what is the rest of the plan? Your comment means that you know it, so share it with us.

Ready to read your next post : "It's classified".

Opening up diplomatic channels with potential business partners is not very complicated is it?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
He's a gansta not a broker...

Gansters don't play by the rules....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
I could care less about cost. it is high time that someone representing the U.S. get to Africa and broker a deal for a slice of their natural resources before the Chinese monopolize the entire continent.

I agree,

I think it is a great investment personally.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Are we talking about the same continent? Any thing worth money is all ready claimed diamonds in south africa owned by debeers. and Oil 53 countries in Africa possess only 9 percent of the world’s proven petroleum reserves compared to almost 62 percent for the Middle East. The major resource china wants is timber which we have plenty of. The US all ready gets oil from countries such as Nigeria but the others need so much investment in infrastructure its probably not worth it. Over all Africa has little interest to the west China needs it because they really have no where else to go.

Why do you think the western countries are willing to let dictators and warlords run Africa but the minute something goes wrong in the middle east we get all involved. Even though we shouldnt i might add

edit on 6/14/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I dont know if i buy this....
That figure is unreal....I'm assuming this is fake like that trip to India story....
unless he's buying black tar heroine, and has a stadium full of hot hookers(spending money on STD tests for all of them of course), I don't buy that number.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Are we talking about the same continent? Any thing worth money is all ready claimed diamonds in south africa owned by debeers. and Oil 53 countries in Africa possess only 9 percent of the world’s proven petroleum reserves compared to almost 62 percent for the Middle East. The major resource china wants is timber which we have plenty of. The US all ready gets oil from countries such as Nigeria but the others need so much investment in infrastructure its probably not worth it. Over all Africa has little interest to the west China needs it because they really have no where else to go.

Once Africa gets to speed their disposable income will be very welcome to America companies.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You ignore the fact that Africa could add a whole new revenue stream to the American economy which is currently being hoarded by Chinese interests.

....And don't mention the chinese, they probably make more jokes than us about him.

America is very close to be surpassed by the Chinese, culturally speaking,it does help that Obama is black.

And what is the rest of the plan? Your comment means that you know it, so share it with us.

Opening up diplomatic channels with potential business partners is not very complicated is it?

No, it isn't. That's why he doesn't need to do it in person or bring the family with him. You know who else make those diplo trips?....., The Queen of England.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No, it isn't. That's why he doesn't need to do it in person or bring the family with him. You know who else make those diplo trips?....., The Queen of England.

OK

Whatever

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Once Africa gets to speed their disposable income will be very welcome to America companies.

Have you ever been to africa all there disposable income goes to local warlords all battling for there piece of the pie. And right behind them is the government run by another dictator. And behind him is an international corporation all ready grabbing there share there will never be disposable income. It would take the entire continent to start revolutions and that wont happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Why do you think the western countries are willing to let dictators and warlords run Africa but the minute something goes wrong in the middle east we get all involved. Even though we shouldnt i might add

Rare earth minerals are the wave of the future. Not oil or timber; and certainly not diamonds. So, to answer your question; YES, I am talking about the same continent....just a different century of reality.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Awe Gangster Land....
Obama will feel right at home...
edit on 14-6-2013 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Rare earth minerals are the wave of the future. Not oil or timber; and certainly not diamonds. So, to answer your question; YES, I am talking about the same continent....just a different century of reality.

And why wouldnt the US go to Canada since they have huge reserves or even Australia why bother with Africa where you have to build up infrastructure in countries like somalia and could never secure your investment? I know you truly believe theres something there for the west but there isnt. As i said if there was the warlords would be gone.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Africa is full of precious metals...this is not a business trip...this is a trip to wage war on their land in a political fashion....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The estimated incremental cost of the President’s trip to Africa was at least
$42.8 million, excluding Secret Service costs, which are classified. The
estimated cost of the Africa trip is shown in table 1.

Costs and Accounting

This was in 1998

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There is a lot of outrage over the money. There are movie productions at 100 million bucks, so if there is such an investment, what is the anticipated reward from this temporary move? Can we at least get a reality TV show out of this letting the President and his family run around the world on taxpayers leverage? I swear, he better be using his diplomatic immunity to get something good over there, like a bag full of diamonds, to make this trip worthwhile.

Notice he is finding a way to not be in the country. Could he be running from disaster?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

This is what it cost in general to get any President of the United States from Washington to Countries in the Eastern Hemisphere today.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Man, I'm so glad that they cut tours of the white house, otherwise the royal clowns might not be able to blow 100 grand on a trip.

Give me a break...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Honestly nothing surprises me with Obama.

Take that 100 million and feed our poor here at home would be something that would impress me.......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join