It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.J. Superior Court Judge Suspended After Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sorry if this may be the wrong forum. Move as needed. We don't have a Judicial Madness forum (Suggestion....hint hint
) So this is the closest one.

Stupid? Criminal? Or both.... I'm going with both, personally. Incredibly stupid. Epic, even. It's one hell of a way to flush a promising career too.

WOODBRIDGE, N.J. (CN) - A recently appointed Superior Court judge was suspended without pay after being arrested and charged with hindering police who were trying to arrest an armed robbery suspect, her boyfriend, the Newark Star-Ledger and the New Jersey Supreme Court said Wednesday.

Carlia Brady, who was appointed to the Middlesex County Superior Court bench in February, interfered with police who were trying to arrest a man she had been dating, The Star-Ledger reported on its website, nj.com.

Now up to this point....apologists for the good Judge could make apologies and keep a straight face while doing it.

The robbery suspect, Jason Prontnicki, 41, was arrested at the judge's house or as he was leaving it, according to nj.com. He is charged with robbing a pharmacy on April 29, wielding a crowbar and demanding drugs.

Judge Brady knew he was wanted but did not notify police, according to the newspaper.
(Source: Courthouse News)

I think that last line seals her fate though. Stench from the Bench isn't supposed to include support for armed and violent felons.....while dating them no less. I wonder, if boy wonder had appeared in her court at some later stage, would she have even told anyone of their connection?
edit on 13-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Fixed quote

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
'Love' can cloud the judgment (pun intended) of even the most rational person. Which is what I am betting went on in this situation.

S&F for you, Mr. Wrabbit.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Another story from the "Judges Gone Wild" series.

Cops Plead Guilty to Helping Plant Drugs on Woman Sexually Harassed by Judge

www.alternet.org...

The woman in question, Angela Garmley, had filed a complaint with the Georgia Judicial Qualification Committee alleging that Chief Magistrate Judge Bryant Cochran solicited sex from her in return for legal favors. Shortly after Garmley filed her complaint, she was arrested on August 14, 2012 in sleepy Chatsworth, Georgia, and charged with possession of methamphetamines.

I like your idea for a Judicial Madness forum. s&f

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nice to see there's still some integrity in our court officers(sarcasm).And they were going to pay this woman $165,000 a year to administer justice?Good call governor Christie.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Don't think we'll see a Judicial Madness forum because there might be just to many T&C violations. Just a thought.

As to this judge she proved what many people have a tendency to forget. Judges, Pols and other authority figure put their pants on the same way everyone does, one leg at a time. She probably wishes she had not gotten involved, if her BF ended up in front of her in court she could have limited the damage.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What a stupid idiot. I guess one can't help who they love.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Awww, seems ol' judge judy still got a thing for bad boys.

Enjoy your vacation

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Objectively, I can admit she was legally in the wrong. Also, it is refreshing to see an official be held accountable.

But, to be honest- I'd probably do the same thing. lol Or at least say, 'You can't stay here but I won't turn you in.' I care about my loved ones more than the law. Just being honest although I know I would be legally wrong.

new topics

top topics

join