It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extensive Ancient Underground Network Discovered From Scotland to Turkey!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
According to writings, Odin escaped through the burial vault to get to Vanhala when the Christians came to Europe. I figure that there were tunnels leading to another place where he could blend in with the people. I think Odin lived on an Island off of England. The English carpet bombed the whole Island to destroy any traces of that religion in the early nineteen hundreds.

Sorry, carpet bombed where and with what when???

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
According to writings, Odin escaped through the burial vault to get to Vanhala when the Christians came to Europe. I figure that there were tunnels leading to another place where he could blend in with the people. I think Odin lived on an Island off of England. The English carpet bombed the whole Island to destroy any traces of that religion in the early nineteen hundreds.

Wow now that is quite a claim, one I have not heard before - please explain!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

If a tunnel was running from Scotland to Turkey it would not transverse the English Channel. It would actually be going the other way. It was just a point that got my curiosity up. Anyway, I guess the logistics don't really matter. The pics of those caves and paths are awesome.
edit on 14-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

I remember a news report some years back (pre 9/11, I think) about similar such small, man-made tunnels being used in Afghanistan as aqueducts.

Any mention of archeological finds in these tunnels, i.e. either tools, human refuse or bones? If not, it doesn't sound like they were used for habitation or even as hiding tunnels.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Ah, Gold of the gods was a fascinating book....
The tunnels maybe could be traced through GPradar?
It wouldnt be hard to follow them maybe without excavations?
Just askin?

Then theres that whole underground city in Turkey for 20.000 people....they found.
Maybe primitive men were hunted in their turn by sky gods and the tunnels were for safety?

edit on 13-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Having read a lot of Graham Hancock a few years ago, this is the first thing I thought of too. When I think about why Humans would go beneath ground, I only think of threats from above. We did the same thing in WW2, we had the same natural instinct during the Cold War, and we have the same instinct now.

Who has time to build such things during battle? If this were a physical conflict between tribes driving people, wouldn't the masses just run instead of start digging? Wouldn't they be constructing fortified buildings?

We built castles to defend against marauders. We still do that today. But when there is a threat from above the only option is to go down.

It's fascinating, and there could be many explanations, but I cannot help but think about our natural responses to threats specifically from above.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by Phantasm

Most of these tunnels were only big enough to crawl through! I guess you couldn't be claustrophobic if you wanted to join the underground elite!

Stone Age, cool-- but who/what made and used the tunnels? Only big enough to crawl thru, eh? Greys anyone? Or Dwarfs? Or Hobbits?

I mean, if you are industrious enough to carve out underground tunnels from Scotland to Turkey, wouldn't you take the extra time & effort to make it so you could WALK thru them? Unless they did... and that's my point, I guess.

I couldn't help but think the same thing. Every day we learn of new amazing feats of our ancestors dating back 12000+ years and most of those discoveries are more advanced then what these tunnels appear. IF they can design ancient pyramid complexes throughout the world then I can't help but think these "tunnels" were built to match a need. If they go on for miles I'd have a hard time imagining ancient caveman digging out tunnels that long only to have to crawl through.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Just askin?

Then theres that whole underground city in Turkey for 20.000 people....they found.
Maybe primitive men were hunted in their turn by sky gods and the tunnels were for safety?

You beat me to it mate.

I was going to mention Derinkuyu Underground City too.

Turns out there's at least 200 other underground cities in the area, all connected by miles of tunnels.

Then there's the talk of the lost and ancient tunnels of Peru and others in South America.

Now we have these European tunnels too.

Perhaps these tunnels and underground structures built around the world were for defense, but maybe not originally from armies or looters...maybe it was protection from some weird natural events, maybe a period of terrible and strange destructive weather patterns.

Could have been anything from unusually freezing temperatures, with deep snows and ice, to repeated tornados, to bombardment from space by repeated meteorite strikes.

Whatever it was though, it seemed to affect the entire planet, and seems to have been repeated more than once.

All interesting stuff, thanks OP.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Thought this was some previously unknown interlinking network of tunnels - still, a good read for those of us like myself who missed it first time round.

reply to post by covertpanther

Look forward to reading your thread.

But a lot of members here are loons and 100% society conditioned,

But there's also quite a few great minds here on ATS, along with some like myself who whilst being eminently unqualified to contribute to such threads still find things like that remarkably interesting and enjoy just reading about alternative theories and viewpoints.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

But there's also quite a few great minds here on ATS, along with some like myself who whilst being eminently unqualified to contribute to such threads still find things like that remarkably interesting and enjoy just reading about alternative theories and viewpoints.

You're intelligent, you can type, you're interested in sharing ideas...you're qualified mate!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_hereStone Age, cool-- but who/what made and used the tunnels? Only big enough to crawl thru, eh? Greys anyone? Or Dwarfs? Or Hobbits?

I mean, if you are industrious enough to carve out underground tunnels from Scotland to Turkey, wouldn't you take the extra time & effort to make it so you could WALK thru them? Unless they did... and that's my point, I guess.

Stone age man love to crawl. It could also be the weather balloon.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

One of many articles I read over the years about Odinism when studying the various gods throughout the world. One of the Castles along with some runes were on the island I guess. I tried to find the article on the island but couldn't remember the name of the Island. According to the article I read, it was done as a military display and the island was later converted to a sort of elite getaway or something. It's been a couple of years since I read that and it's knowledge that I didn't think was really important enough to bookmark at the time. I investigated the resort island a little, too pricey for me to ever consider going to.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

I remember a news report some years back (pre 9/11, I think) about similar such small, man-made tunnels being used in Afghanistan as aqueducts.

Any mention of archeological finds in these tunnels, i.e. either tools, human refuse or bones? If not, it doesn't sound like they were used for habitation or even as hiding tunnels.

You are thinking of Qanats I believe

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok I would have been the first Caveman
to say, let's make it 2 feet taller.
Crawl vs stand?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Thought this was some previously unknown interlinking network of tunnels - still, a good read for those of us like myself who missed it first time round.

reply to post by covertpanther

Look forward to reading your thread.

But a lot of members here are loons and 100% society conditioned,

Yes brother, my apologies - It came out too rude and talking down.. There are many brilliant minds here, I have learned so much from different individuals for the past 7 years on Ats

But the majority it seems - are made from societies-mental-concrete-conditioning, and will not accept or un-biasly view anything unless its in paper/electronic format signed by someone with a 'reputation'....

Thanks again brother

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why would people go through the trouble to dig a tunnel they have to crawl through? Unless they were built by 3 feet tall animals that could walk through them.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I'm in Mexico right now and I have been talking to people about tunnels all over the country. I have been in some and it really freaks you out. Some are small and entirely unexplored. I can believe it though about them spanning several countries.

During the revolution some tunnels were opened up and used by locals to hide thousands of people for long periods of time. Some went on for many miles, from one state to another. They were supposedly built by ancient American peoples.

People here find them while expanding their homes and accidentally open them up to reveal a labyrinth of old tunnels. They usually just seal them back up since the government here expropriates their homes and land for cultural preservation and the people are relocated elsewhere.

edit on 14-6-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I call BS on this find.

Even IF stone age humans could have dug these tunnels, they are only crawl space wide - and 700 meters of crawl space would give anyone serious cramps trying to get through.

They have no evidence these were ever used by Man in any age. They have no evidence these were even dug by humans.

It seems more likely to me these were natural formations and were not use by humans in the manner they suggest.
edit on 15-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The tunnels have military uses. They are used to "get ahead of the enemy" or surprise the enemy. Tunnels are very useful in rough terrain where enemy is considerably slowed down if riding horses.

Small detachments can be sent through tunnels so that they are protected from overland observation by the enemy. In ancient times, even small detachments would have worked well when typical military forces of Kings were small.

The man 12000 years ago was smarter than today's man. His mind was not corrupted from information bombardment and his body was not weakened by adulterated food.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Just askin?

Having read a lot of Graham Hancock a few years ago, this is the first thing I thought of too. When I think about why Humans would go beneath ground, I only think of threats from above. We did the same thing in WW2, we had the same natural instinct during the Cold War, and we have the same instinct now.

Who has time to build such things during battle? If this were a physical conflict between tribes driving people, wouldn't the masses just run instead of start digging? Wouldn't they be constructing fortified buildings?

We built castles to defend against marauders. We still do that today. But when there is a threat from above the only option is to go down.

It's fascinating, and there could be many explanations, but I cannot help but think about our natural responses to threats specifically from above.

You can look at the catacombs in Paris. The building materials for all the buildings were excavated from the ground rock of sandstone, which left huge numbers of tunnels under the city. By the 1800's, Paris was running out of cemeteries, so the solution was to move all the burials to the disused rock mines.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are actually cave hotels in Greece and many other countries:
www.greecemedtravel.com...

Coober Pedy cave homes in Australia:

thechive.com...

The advantage of building underground is that the temperature and humidity remain constant regardless of the summer heat or winter cold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join