It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extensive Ancient Underground Network Discovered From Scotland to Turkey!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Archaeologists uncovered thousands of Stone Age underground tunnels, stretching across Europe from Scotland to Turkey that have existed for 12,000 years, perplexing researchers as to their original purpose. I would imagine they were for protection. Out-of-sight, out-of-mind. Stone age man was a thinking man, a problem solver, a survivalist.

The discovery of a vast network of tunnels indicates that Stone Age humans were not just spending their days hunting and gathering. However, the real purpose of the tunnels is still a matter of speculation. Some experts believe they were a way of protecting man from predators while others believe they were a way for people to travel safely, sheltered from harsh weather conditions or even wars and violence. However, at this stage scientists are only able to guess, as the tunnels have not yet revealed all their secrets of the past. ~ Full Article Here

Most of these tunnels were only big enough to crawl through! I guess you couldn't be claustrophobic if you wanted to join the underground elite!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Excellent find! Just what puzzles me are the comments on their small dimensions. I recall visiting once old Roman gold mines in Austria and they were also quite small or "crawl space" size. Needless to say it was explained due to the pressure of the hills/mountains over the centuries. So if these things are 12,000 yo, then their size makes perfect sense. Even if they are maybe just a few yards below the surface.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
According to writings, Odin escaped through the burial vault to get to Vanhala when the Christians came to Europe. I figure that there were tunnels leading to another place where he could blend in with the people. I think Odin lived on an Island off of England. The English carpet bombed the whole Island to destroy any traces of that religion in the early nineteen hundreds.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

‘In Bavaria in Germany alone we have found 700metres of these underground tunnel networks. In Styria in Austria we have found 350metres,’ he said. ‘Across Europe there were thousands of them – from the north in Scotland down to the Mediterranean.

Hmm.. not really an singular extensive 'network' , more like lot individual tunnels in different locations that don't connect to each other. Networks involve connections.

A bit of a misleading title but kinda interesting all the same.

edit on 13-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wold love to know location in scotland im sure i could go and get some pics

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Saw the title and expected to read about tunnels from Scotland which lead to Turkey lol.

Still is interesting though.

S&F

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
For an in depth discussion, here on ATS in 2011, see this post. Went to over 8 pages.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take it op did not do a search with "Tunnel Scotland Turkey", it is the same subject even the lead picture is the same.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i dont get it

is it one tunnel/route to turkey

or is it a series of individual tunnels

either way... i doubt its significance as one network

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

‘In Bavaria in Germany alone we have found 700metres of these underground tunnel networks. In Styria in Austria we have found 350metres,’ he said. ‘Across Europe there were thousands of them – from the north in Scotland down to the Mediterranean.

Hmm.. not really an singular extensive 'network' , more like lot individual tunnels in different locations that don't connect to each other. Networks involve connections.

A bit of a misleading title but kinda interesting all the same.

edit on 13-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Good point-- but do we know, for certain, they're not connected? Have they been extensively explored? Although, of course, an ancient tunnel spanning the english channel would be particularly impressive.

Regarding hundreds of miles of allegedly connected tunnels-- I'm sure those of you familiar with Erich Von Daniken, especially his book Gold of the Gods will remember the extensive ancient tunnels which supposedly span several south american countries....

I always found that story to be one of the most fascinating from his books... hell, one of the most fascinating I've ever read...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ah, Gold of the gods was a fascinating book....
The tunnels maybe could be traced through GPradar?
It wouldnt be hard to follow them maybe without excavations?
Just askin?

Then theres that whole underground city in Turkey for 20.000 people....they found.
Maybe primitive men were hunted in their turn by sky gods and the tunnels were for safety?

edit on 13-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm

Most of these tunnels were only big enough to crawl through! I guess you couldn't be claustrophobic if you wanted to join the underground elite!

Stone Age, cool-- but who/what made and used the tunnels? Only big enough to crawl thru, eh? Greys anyone? Or Dwarfs? Or Hobbits?

I mean, if you are industrious enough to carve out underground tunnels from Scotland to Turkey, wouldn't you take the extra time & effort to make it so you could WALK thru them? Unless they did... and that's my point, I guess.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
sorry I dont belive it.
I would say its from water.
show me the tool marks!

how can they say it goes so far? I bet they did not go down it all!

ok Why did the build it with small bits?
18 inch by 24 inch.

edit on 13-6-2013 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

or alternatively
if you have ever had to smash your way through solid rock using nothing but a hammer....
you would make the smallest sized tunnel you possibly could and still get the job done

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Deceptive title

This is not a new discovery the same man published on this subject in 1997. here is a PDF on the subject, unfortunately not in English.

PDF on tunnels in Europe

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yep...old story from 2011 we discussed here then.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have two things that come to mind -

1. When the Moon came into orbit and caused the "great flooding" as ancient cultures have recorded - humanity had to go underground. There are SO many networks underground, this is just one.

Records of no moon in far ancient scriptures - records of the "ant people" - records of the great flood (what has the biggest influence over Earth's tides?) ..

2. As for the small space within this tunnel system - the people could of ben smaller then our average homeo sapien-sapien today.

Thats what I think

Thanks for sharing this

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Interesting post you might want to start a thread just on what you wrote above - don't want to go off topic in this trread.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
A European "underground railroad"? We have similar to sneak people north here in america before the civil war. Many tunnels right in the middle going out of old house basements for miles until you hit a river bed or the mason Dixon line.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This thread is cool...even the fifth post on the 2001 thread said prolly no more will be heard of again.... so we rethread, huh!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by covertpanther

Interesting post you might want to start a thread just on what you wrote above - don't want to go off topic in this trread.

Its already been in the making, as well as other threads. I have much to share with this community in terms of "the other side of the story", as opposed to the society-accepted ways of perceiving "reality".

That is the reason I made this account. But a lot of members here are loons and 100% society conditioned, so that is the trick; to get people to put their labelling, opinion-dominated perception away, and look at this planet and reality for what it really is.

Thanks mate, cant wait to participate. Just need to turn heads first

Sorry for off topic OP - I will be sure to connect my thread to yours in terms of underground refuge, when the time comes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join