It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black monolith on mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Have you a link with a better definition?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Nobody has spotted the rock that looks like a skull on the third pic, you guys are slacking

This one

edit on 13-6-2013 by Jamjar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think it's a bird, you can clearly see the feathers as some said about my picture! Good luck on this one....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No i have searched,however the rover seems to be heading in that direction so fingers crossed we get a better look.
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by abeverage
And where do you see a monolith?

And why has it not let the Star Child through yet?
if you click on this link zoom in and in the distance there is a monolith that resembles an erect penis. It is top centre towards the left. Id upload and circle it but im on my phone mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: bad link

Ok....hmmm well might be an optical illusion give the dark rocks or wishful thinking given the comment (kidding)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
All I see is the roughly rectangular shadow cast by a rock. The high res photos clearly show a rock casting a shadow.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by setibuddies

You got a link for that photo just so I can put it up here and put the thread to bed.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

But if u look off center at ten the ten o'clock there's a rock that looks like an alien buried up to his neck in Mars dirt

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I think i see it,could it be a fossilized turtle?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok I'll add my opinions, that's all they are.

I analyze video data (maps GIS imagery that sort of thing) every day for a living (hardly). I look for details like street names and roads and houses mostly, but what I see in both these images is a dark, slightly vertical shape. You unfortunately at this resolution can't make out much more detail than that. It does seem possible that it might be odd or out of place for this area, but I'm not a geologist specializing in Mars.

The color image shows it better I think, and it does not appear to be artifacting (the term they use for digital corruption), at least not to me, and I also used to professionally look for these things for many years while testing video display hardware.

I've enjoyed trying to verify this image as something, but I just can't say much other than it's rather rectangular and vertical with dark coloration. I truly wish we had higher res images.

Thanks for sharing this

ETA I wanted to add that I have seen many bizarre and hard to explain photos from Mars. I am very curious about some of the formations. Finding the anomaly in both these images took less than a minute, so this is a good find I think.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think that if you are trying to show us something anomalous then you really have to present an in-your-face clear image without it being a speck in the distance. As soon as you can start to see the blocky jpeg compression artifacts in the NASA images, it is too highly enlarged - and thats what they are aiming for. They want a picture that looks good at normal viewing sizes and one which cannot be enlarged any more than that.

Of course NASA have better images otherwise they would not be able to guide the rovers around, although they are mostly autonomous now I think, and can probably detect when they are running into soft sand or over a ravine etc.

In my opinion, there are so many unanswered questions about Mars/Moon that it is useless and frustrating to bother with trying to find proof that NASA are hiding evidence of alien presence. It becomes a belief one way or the other - rather like religion and God really.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

thankyou for giving it some attention, your right we do need higher res pics but i simply can not find any which i hope some mars experts can help me with. There must be at least one high res pic of that area!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

So im not alone in having suspicions about nasa,and your right it is frustrating. I wont stop looking though.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I find the paved road the rover is driving on more interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The second link looks like a severely weathered cement parking lot that is all cracked up. The Walmart store is long gone.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I believe with all my heart that Humanity has been around much longer then what we know and has existed in more places then just Earth . I really feel that once long ago Mars ad Earth Were both Blue Planets but Mars's Core cooled and it lost its magnetic field and its Atmosphere . Interesting Picture the sad thing is with Mars pictures there arent multiple angles or different types of lens for the pictures so its impossible to know what we are looking at . I will continue to hope for a manned mission to Mars but i believe we could have gone long ago had we put the same effort as we did into the MOon program . I think they know what will be found and the TPTB arent ready for disclosure for whatever reason ..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

Do you mean this. I spotted it. The most interesting rock in the picture.

If only...

edit on 14/6/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by Aliquandro

... your right we do need higher res pics but i simply can not find any .... There must be at least one high res pic of that area!

I really dont know what kind of images NASA are posting for scientists to examine but there are releases of the Curiosity data in the PDS so maybe they have better ones there. Somehow I doubt it, as the MER ones in the PDS are still pretty terrible so I dont see why NASA should be releasing any better images for Curiosity. Anyway, try that if you really want to see what the scientists get and marvel at how any meaningful science gets done at all.

ezappa - your enlargement of that 'thing' on Mars looks just like image in essanance's avatar picture. Spooky that.

Links to all MSL data sets may be found on the PDS Geosciences Node web
site pds-geosciences.wustl.edu... The data may also
be reached from the main PDS home page,pds.nasa.gov... MSL data
are archived at the PDS Atmospheres, Planetary Plasma Interactions
(PPI), Geosciences, Imaging, and Navigation and Ancillary Information
Facility (NAIF) Nodes.

PDS offers two services for searching the MSL archives:
The Planetary Image Atlas at the Imaging Node allows selection of MSL
image data by specific search criteria.
pds-imaging.jpl.nasa.gov...

The MSL Analyst's Notebook at the Geosciences Node allows searching and
downloading of all MSL data in the context of mission events.
an.rsl.wustl.edu...

Some documents in the MSL archives are awaiting clearance by JPL
Document Review and/or the JPL Import/Export Control Office. They will
be posted online as soon as clearance has been received, and announced
on the web site pds-geosciences.wustl.edu...

edit on 14 Jun 2013 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As someone that has spent a bit of time looking through the mars rover pics myself I've seen a few oddities, but none that I'm confident are odd enough to be anything other than rocks. What I mean to say is; IMO mars is a giant, rocky planet, so chances are there is more than a few rocks that will resemble monoliths or some sort of structure out there.. In a similar way that an image of Jesus seems to appear on every billionth (made up statistic) crisp or loaf of bread made. Which isn't a jokey snipe at the OP by the way, I was just trying to illustrate that if you look at enough random objects eventually you'll see something seemingly not so random.

The thing that gets me are those pesky black squares! I know, I know, sams told me (sam = samuru, 'cos he's my friend) they're dropped data packets, but I came across a picture using the mars rover iPad app the other day that didn't seem to fit that theory. Or at least made me question it. This was because the picture I looked at was 7/8ths blacked out (nothing strange there, I've seen a few like that), but in the thumbnail I could see a full, albeit very small picture with no black square evident. Surely if the data was lost/corrupted, the blackness would have appeared in the thumbnail as well? I screen grabbed the offending picture anyway and did a bit of paint mastery, heres a link because embedding it didn't seem to work for me, in the preview anyway. Any thoughts as to why this was? Just seemed a bit strange to me. Maybe its hiding the carcass of a martian rat?
Or is the thumbnail the original image and the blacked out image edited?

Or THIS one, which had the same thumbnail issue (didn't screen grab it in the same view as the first unfortunately), which could actually be hiding your monilith, or something fairly sizeable anyway!

Be gentle with me, this is the first time I felt I could chime in with something that hadn't been brought up before!

Dynamash

EDIT: I realised after posting I got a bit excited/carried away, and the 2nd paragraph onwards could probably have its own thread. Apologies if this has annoyed anyone, I'm unable to make threads yet (and apparently contain my excitement at contributing in some way). NOOB.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Dynamash because: Added apology.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join