It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Black monolith on mars

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
A few weeks ago while browsing curiosity pics i came across a dark figure/rock in the bottom left corner of this pic.... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
So i have been keeping an eye open for it to appear in other pics,well i found it and i still dont know what it is, i cant upload pics but i can link, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... see if you can see what i mean in both pics.
edit on 13/6/13 by JAK because: Link correction.


I zoomed in and found this,
it could well be lol , its something strange and needs looking at,its a shame the cameras are crap. It could be a fossilised tree stump,or an ancient statue,who knows but we wont find out by being ignorant
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion


They are crap because you are using a Navigational Camera image instead of one of the Mast Cam images. While we do have much better cameras here on Earth than the Mast Cam, the Nav cams are even worst.

Try finding your object in one of the Mast Cam images. There have been many panoramas of that area taken by the Mast Cam. You may find better pictures of it.




posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
 

I have looked and looked,these are the only images i can find of the object. But the object is definatly there.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by eriktheawful
 

I have looked and looked,these are the only images i can find of the object. But the object is definatly there.


Look again.

Your object is not all that big and could be easily missed in other pictures.

That, or it doesn't look the same in other images from the Mast Cam because:

1) better resolution.
2) different lighting.
3) different perspective.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
 
or it moves?
And its around 12ft high,like a broken tree stump

edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse
 


Whats so special about that rock ? It can be formed by a natural process



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest
 


Yes it can however it should not be the only one.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
A few weeks ago while browsing curiosity pics i came across a dark figure/rock in the bottom left corner of this pic.... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
So i have been keeping an eye open for it to appear in other pics,well i found it and i still dont know what it is, i cant upload pics but i can link, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... see if you can see what i mean in both pics.
edit on 13/6/13 by JAK because: Link correction.


I zoomed in and found this,
it could well be lol , its something strange and needs looking at,its a shame the cameras are crap. It could be a fossilised tree stump,or an ancient statue,who knows but we wont find out by being ignorant
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion


They are crap because you are using a Navigational Camera image instead of one of the Mast Cam images. While we do have much better cameras here on Earth than the Mast Cam, the Nav cams are even worst.

Try finding your object in one of the Mast Cam images. There have been many panoramas of that area taken by the Mast Cam. You may find better pictures of it.
the first pic is a mast cam picture, the other 2 are navcams



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
A few weeks ago while browsing curiosity pics i came across a dark figure/rock in the bottom left corner of this pic.... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
So i have been keeping an eye open for it to appear in other pics,well i found it and i still dont know what it is, i cant upload pics but i can link, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... see if you can see what i mean in both pics.
edit on 13/6/13 by JAK because: Link correction.


I zoomed in and found this,
it could well be lol , its something strange and needs looking at,its a shame the cameras are crap. It could be a fossilised tree stump,or an ancient statue,who knows but we wont find out by being ignorant
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion


They are crap because you are using a Navigational Camera image instead of one of the Mast Cam images. While we do have much better cameras here on Earth than the Mast Cam, the Nav cams are even worst.

Try finding your object in one of the Mast Cam images. There have been many panoramas of that area taken by the Mast Cam. You may find better pictures of it.
the first pic is a mast cam picture, the other 2 are navcams


Yes it is.

However there are other mast cam pics of the foreground that are zoomed in by Curiosity on different Sols of the same area.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


Well how do i go about finding these? And have you examined the 2nd pic in the op?



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


Well how do i go about finding these? And have you examined the 2nd pic in the op?


You're not going to like my answer I'm afraid.

You'll have to search Sol by Sol, matching up the terrain taken of panorama's with the one in your picture. You can limit the amount of Sols that you search by searching only where Curiosity is now (IE no sense in searching Sol 005 for example).

So you are looking at possibly several hours or longer of searching.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
 

I think i have looked at enough pics lol, i have been observing from the start,look at the threads i have started,and i aint seen anything like it. More weird than my propeller and firefly i found. I examine the pictures when they are released. Its as if nasa tries to avoid this thing. I think 3 different pics of it is enough to warrant discussion about this monolith.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What if we were the mars beings and we left before doom and gloom. well some of us. maybe the ones living under ground leave us clues to find them? we were supposed to be the rescue mission. lol just a random thought. there like hey in a couple thousand years come save us
nahh... they were advanced back then but they all got wiped out.. scattering them into what is now.
spit fire at me



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse
 


That's just the shadow-side of a rock, bud.

I think Mars is just a dried-up planet where we might once have lived and might inhabit in the future. That's it!



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Like the poster above said.

shaded side of a rock...




posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Like the poster above said.

shaded side of a rock...

checkout the 2nd pic in the o.p, its a monolith at least 12ft tall.
Its a black monolith.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse
 


Looked at it... too far away to discern anything.

Could be a rock in the foreground and one or some behind it, giving the appearance of something a little taller than it's surroundings.



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
And where do you see a monolith?

And why has it not let the Star Child through yet?



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
And where do you see a monolith?

And why has it not let the Star Child through yet?
if you click on this link zoom in and in the distance there is a monolith that resembles an erect penis. It is top centre towards the left. Id upload and circle it but im on my phone mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: bad link



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse
 


The tall bit is further than the bottom bit it looks like to me. They are not connected.
edit on 13-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse
 


The tall bit is further than the bottom bit it looks like to me. They are not connected.
edit on 13-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)
well that makes the tall bit even taller. Fascinating,thankyou.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join