It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Highlights Dark Side of America’s History in TV Interview

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

All great points again. And to add, George H.W. Bush was the leader of the CIA and he became president and I really don't think he would have had the wits to go toe-to-toe in any kind of academic debate with Putin. He was definitely a lot smarter than his idiot son, but still not as educated as Putin I don't think.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with Putin's comments about ethnic cleansing (albeit a modern term which we are applying retrospectively).

However his comments about Stalin seem to be a case of trying to rehabilitate Stalin again in Russia. There are some who are genuinely fond of him and look back with nostalgia at those days, despite the mass terror, war and famine.

Stalin was a very cunning and calculated man and I'm not entirely sure he would have used an atomic bomb if he'd had the capability during the war. Yes perhaps against Germany in the early years when the USSR had it's back against the wall.

I just finished reading a biography of Stalin yesterday actually, so that's my opinion based on what I've read.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The United States has problems, indeed. I'm the first to recognize that and the last to deny it. We don't have a ruling class as defined by that, to rest in the hands of a few. There are TOO many cooks in the kitchen, if anything. Also, what ruling class did Obama come from? What ruling class for most of Congress? They're corrupt as the summer is hot, but that misses the definition of the term Oligarchy by a fair margin.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on most things. The question of where Obama came from is a good one that has not been completely answered. I'm not going to go into it here. ATS has done it to death.

I think of Obama in much the same terms as the Eddie Murphy character in the movie, Trading Places, who got a job in the brokerage on the whim of a couple of wealthy racists, who tossed him out as soon as they tired of him.

Obama is a gimmick. He's the face that America (the American oligarchy) dons when it wants to destabilize Africa.

America is run by an oligarchy of corporate interests owned by "old money". They are a slippery crew. They are too complicated to go into here. My awareness of "oligarchy" has been vastly enhanced and informed by exposure to the work of Webster Tarpley. His two online books, Against Oligarchy and The Unauthorized Biography of George H.W. Bush help one to learn how oligarchies function in the modern world and what their aims are.

tarpley.net...

We don't see eye to eye on this stuff and that's fine. Those interested can read and think for themselves.
edit on 13-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by coolcatt

Stalin wouldn't of dropped the bomb.
Would of been to quick.
I think the sadistic streak in him wanted people to suffer. Not die in a massive explosion.

The suffering caused to Japan is still felt today. If we are to compare sadistic actions by the Allies in WW2, the US takes the cake. We killed countless men, women, and children and then ensured that those who were nearby and unlucky enough to survive would have children with deformities and other effects felt for generations.

Don't make light of wanton annihilation of innocent families by the US. It's second only to Hitler's genocide.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

It would have better if he'd discussed the the dark side of The Force and how he and his fellow world leaders are similar to the evil Imperialistic Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I find it amusing that he complains/comments upon the "dark side" of American history... Does he ponder the "dark side" of Russian/Soviet history?

Yes, America has a dark side to its history. You'll find that most Americans will acknowledge that.

He really should watch that casting stones thing...it might hit a glass wall.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcatt
reply to post by FlyersFan

That i am sure you don't know... But the US on the other hand drop a atomic boom on japan who didn't have a chance of winning and didn't have a nuclear energy

Correct, but Japan would would have bled itself white, along with the American troops who were earmarked to go to the home islands, The bombs saved American lives, that's why they were dropped.(American losses would have been anywhere between 100,000 to 500,000)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Putin is both right and wrong in my opinion. First of all, the issue of the atomic bomb. I am always critical of decisions of the US government on things of a military or clandestine nature, but think about this: IF the citizenry at the end of WWII had found out that Truman had a weapon that could have ended the war in Japan early, but didn't use it, what would they have done to Truman? He would have been run out of office. The US military themselves predicted millions of American dead, and many millions of Japanese dead, had the US had to invade mainland Japan. The Japanese would have fought tooth and nail, just like they did on most Pacific islands, till the last man was killed. So a president who can potentially save millions of lives for his country has a responsibility to do so.
And saying that Stalin would not have used the bomb is utterly ridiculous.

You assume that Truman had the sole responsibility to say if the Atomic Bomb should be used. He didn't. The "Quebec Agreement" was drawn up to stop such a decision. The Atomic Bomb could not be used unless ALL THREE leaders of The US, Britain and Canada agreed it could be. It was those three countries that developed The Atomic Bomb. So even if Truman had said "GO" he couldn't without the others agreement.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I find it amusing that he complains/comments upon the "dark side" of American history... Does he ponder the "dark side" of Russian/Soviet history?

Yes, America has a dark side to its history. You'll find that most Americans will acknowledge that.

He really should watch that casting stones thing...it might hit a glass wall.

Oh of course both China and Russia know that they are much worse with human rights abuse but they still can use this a tool against the USA. See everyone knows China, maybe not so much for Russia yet (they should know since still just run by ex-KGB who limit peoples rights) are evil to their people so the USA population doesn't care, especially since China has their slaves produce cheap goods for us.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Yep.

I find it even more amusing that people, supposedly smart observant ones, fall for the propaganda. It's either laugh, or cry...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If we don't figure out a way to get along with one another in this world, if we continue to "squander our peace dividends", someone is eventually going to figure out a way to do a first nuclear strike with impunity, just because they are tired of waiting around for someone to "give peace a chance".

It's horrifyingly logical. It is really inescapable. MAD most certainly has a shelf date.

Think about it, "Cold Warriors".

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Ever since WW2, that war of which we never actually won, since we just accepted without repercussion,regulation, or watchful eye most of the NAZI science and technology centers, and anyone able to loosely prove they knew how to help the USA via tech.

Where did you think these people's ideals and morals were going to trickle down too? Of course not all are this way, but I would like to say if you let any in who hated America, They wouldn't of had a hard time destroying from within since then.

Seems to me they did a great F*##ing Job.

Russia, go home, you're obviously drunk, What needs to happen is the actual people from these actual countries need to run their country and basically mind their own stuff, but since that's a farcry from what will happen, prep prep prep, since if you think this isn't going to end in a war some how you haven't been alive long enough.

Soon fighting over water, alien, left socks, you name it. War, war, war, fight, fight, fight. That's the Human Way!

Thats the "Way" you have been born into. Its conditoning, by making the public accept military precense and force.

Your probably American anyways..

There are hundreds and hundreds of millions of people from all corners of the worrld who do not care or want war or any fighting. Because their governments (GOVERN - MENATL = To govern the peoples mind) are not military/war dominated, mentally.

We Canadians do not give a ___ about fighting or war - I spent time in scandanavia, they do not care about it either. Many Europe countries and theiir "Human ways" are not focused on war.

I guess it just depends where you 'grew up'
. Im glad im on the right side of the border, no need to put energy into war, when we can put that energy into peace

Maybe you should travel and get out of the states more often - you would see the "human way" in a totally different spectrum.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Thanks for sharing this. No country is perfect and the United States is no exception. There is the good, the bad, and the ugly with American history and our current events. I just wish everything was better than what we had now.

You should add in the downright evil to that list!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join