It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS4 K.O's Xbox one

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's not so much PS KO'd M$, more like M$ KO'd itself.

They do have some good games on the horizon, however no one is willing to forsake their privacy to play them.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Not just privacy, also the stealing of money.... can't trade/sell/rent/play used games... what the heck.

Hopefully the developers make it right..

I borrow about 25% of my games from friends and vice versa. Sometimes i take it to my friends place and play...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend
Oh look at what consoles have done to you all.

"I don't mind paying extra to play online."

You guys deserve 486's and wired ball mice. you do !!

Stop it.

Long live the freedom to do what you want with your own hardware, and the software you've paid for. Long live the freedom to play the games online if they are capable of it.

Down with "Controllers" !

Spoken like a true PC fan. Down with WASD!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

A Complete Comparison of XBOX One and Playstation 4

# Development:
XBO: Developed by Microsoft, Development started in 2010.
PS4: Developed by Sony, Development started in 2008.

# Specifications:
XBO: 8 Core AMD x86 CPU, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive
PS4: 8 Core AMD x86-64 CPU, 8GB GDDR5 RAM, 500GB HDD, Blu-Ray Drive

# Power Differences:
- The CPU in both systems are nearly identical.
- The GPU in the PS4 is 50% more powerful than the XBO.
- The PS4 has 158% more memory bandwidth. (XBO's 68GB/s vs PS4's 176GB/s).
- The PS4 will allow 40% more RAM for games (XBO's 5GB vs PS4's 7GB)

Both consoles will feature a similar architecture making game creation similar on both consoles. In contrast to previous generations were the architecture of the PS3 made it vastly most difficult to create games. The developers will decide how much of an effect the increase power of one console over another will have as they program and utilize power accordingly.

# Playing a Game:
XBO: Install Game, Register Game Online, Game Now Locked to XBOX Live Profile. Play Game.
XBO: If your connection is down when first playing, you'll need to wait until its back up.
PS4: Install Game, Play Game.

# Authentication:
XBO: Your home console will authenticate every 24 hours.
XBO: If you use a console other than your own it will authenticate every 1 hour.
XBO: If it cannot authenticate it will lock all games.
PS4: No authentication at all.

# Trade-in a Game at retail:
XBO: Can only be traded to Microsoft authorised retailers.
PS4: Trade to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Trade-in a Game with a friend:
XBO: Trade to Friends once that have been on XBOX LIve Friends List for 30 Days.
PS4: Trade to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Sell a game on Ebay:
XBO: You can't sell any XBO games on Ebay, they are locked to your account.
PS4: You can see to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

# Renting Games from companies like Blockbuster or GameFly:
XBO: Not avaliable a launch but Microsoft are still in discussion with partners.
PS4: You can rent games from any company you choose.

# Game Ownership:
XBO: You own a license to play the game.
PS4: You own the game, just don't have the right to sell copies of it.

# Playing at a Friends on their console:
XBO: You must log into XBOX Live then either download or install the game from disc.
XBO: The console must authenticate once every hour or the console will lock all games.
XBO: Internet connection required.
PS4: Insert the disc, start playing.

# Loaning a Game to a Friend:
XBO: You can add 10 friends that are allowed to use your games library.
XBO: Only one person at a time can play a game.
XBO: The console must authenticate once every hour or the console will lock all games.
XBO: The people you share your game library with must be on your friends list for 30 days.
XBO: The people on the friends list must be in the same region as you to play.
PS4: Give friend the disc, let him play.

On the XBO it could mean that if you have 10 friends, that are all friends of eachother then you could share a single player game between the 10 of you, only buying it once. You'd need to take turns each playing the game when the other wasn't but you would be sharing a single game between you. Whereas for multiplayer to all play at the same time you would need to all own the game.

# Using my Game Library at another location with a connection:
XBO: Log in to XBOX Live, Download Any Game or Install from Disc, Play.
XBO: Online Authentication required every hour or the console will lock all games.
PS4: You can play disc-based games you have brought with you.
PS4: You can log-in to Playstation Network to download store purchases.

# Using my Game Library at another location with no connection:
XBO: You can't play any games at all, no connection means no authentication.
PS4: You can only play the on-disc games you brought with you.

# Playing Games from another Region:
XBO: Region Locked. You can only play UK games on a UK Console.
PS4: Region Free. You can play JP/US games on a UK Console.

# Access my Online Identity outside the Home:
XBO: Log into XBOX Live.
PS4: Log into Playstation Network.

# Kinect vs Playstation Eye:
XBO: Mandatory but can be switched off. Included with Console.
PS4: Not Mandatory. Not Included with Console.

# External Power Brick:
XBO: Will feature an external power brick.
PS4: No external power brick.

# Hard-Drive Upgrades:
XBO: Non-Ungradable. Accepts External Hard-Drives.
PS4: Can be upgraded. Accepts External Hard-Drives.

# Size Difference:
XBO: Width: 34.3cm, Length: 26.3cm, Height: 8cm
PS4: Width: 27.5cm, Length: 30.5cm, Height: 5.3cm
The PS4 is 40% smaller than the XBO in total volume.

# Price Difference:
XBO: £429
PS4: £349

# Publishing for Indie titles such as Minecraft, Journey etc..
XBO: Same method as a normal game.
PS4: Free Self-Publishing on Playstation Network with specific Indie Section.

# Capturing Gameplay:
XBO: Will allow you to capture gameplay and upload and share via Twitch TV.
PS4: Will allow you to capture gameplay and upload and share via UPlay.

# Online Gaming Fees:
XBO: Requires XBOX Live Subscription to play online.
PS4: Requires Playstation Plus Subscription to play online.

# Backwards Compatibility:
XBO: No Backwards Compatibility.
PS4: Upcoming Backwards Compatibility via Gaikai for PS1, PS2 and PS3 games.

# Release Date:
XBO: Due out in November. (Confirmed November Release)
PS4: Due out in November. (Confirmed Christmas Holiday Release)

# What If I Don't Have An Internet Connection:
XBO: The console will not work, it requires an internet connection to authenticate.
PS4: The console will work, but updates and DLC require an internet connection.

# Whats Included in the Box:
XBO: XBOX One Console, A Controller, Kinect 2.0, Power Brick.
PS4: Playstation 4 Console, A Controller, Headset, Power Cable, HDMI Cable

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ya know what... Screw the console gaming... Whatever happened to PAPER AND DICE! AND SOME IMAGINATION! I AM LORD SNUFALUFAGUS with a +2 to crit hit from my lovely vorpral bastard sword.... And I have loaded 20 sided dice too! NATURALS ALL THEY WAY!!!

EAT IT~!

Honestly I wouldn't blow any money on the new consoles yet. If you have a decent PC gamming comp or lappie stay with it. Anything of worth comes out for PC and you don't get to refine graphics on consoles....

PC gaming for the win.... I do love my ps3 though

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

Hey mind if i use your points in other threads/forums external/internal ATS?

I been looking for a summary like that.

edit: PS4 better sell it at same time as XBOX, if XBOX sell first again, it will have the advantage like it did with 360. Sony always suck at release, they better not make the same mistake again.
edit on 6/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yeah cool, i copied it of another site

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Honestly when you take your money and invest in a company that is trying to control the world's food supply, Monsanto, you have reached a level of greed that will cause men to stand against you.

Every decision Bill Gates and Microsoft are making prove that even the man who is one of the wealthiest in the world is still consumed by greed and power, rather than producing quality products that are in line with what is best for the consumer.

Apple and Android Tablets and Smartphones are quickly replacing Windows based products.

It appears that all serious gamers agree Microsoft has just completely failed with its release requirements. While PS4 continues to provide the best experience for the customer. And I don't believe Sony is invested in Monsanto the maker of GMO foods.

It is my opinion that Microsoft will be dead in the next 10-20 years, maybe sooner.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

There may be a conspiracy behind advanced first person shooter games and how these get children o be more comfortable with killing people. I say this because the army likes to state how awesome it is that today's youth are just so naturally good at using drones to kill kids in Afghanistan because they group being a video game drone in front of the TV. Additionally this helped them to dehumanize others.

edit on 13-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Metal Gear Solid is a conspiracy gold, but it is never discussed in depth on ATS.

-Wise-men
-The Philosophers
-Patriots
-Cold war
-Clones
-Double agent
-Sleeper Cells
-mind control
-pillage
-War for profit
-secret technologies
-secret societies

and many more....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I won't buy a ps4 or the xbox until i contrast the graphics and games with the ps3 and 360. If I can get the same graphics on a dreamcast why would I have needed an xbox or ps2. Did anybody even notice this? Dreamcast came out around the time of the playstation and had ps2, xbox sometimes ps3 and 360 graphics. Although I admit the gaming selection was weak. So I'm not wasting my money on something I may already own in the 360 ps3.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Metal Gear Solid is a conspiracy gold, but it is never discussed in depth on ATS.

-Wise-men
-The Philosophers
-Patriots
-Cold war
-Clones
-Double agent
-Sleeper Cells
-mind control
-pillage
-War for profit
-secret technologies
-secret societies

and many more....

This game came out at the perfect time when children were teenagers, reaching military age by the time 9/11 happened. Good point.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumCounterfeit64
I won't buy a ps4 or the xbox until i contrast the graphics and games with the ps3 and 360. If I can get the same graphics on a dreamcast why would I have needed an xbox or ps2. Did anybody even notice this? Dreamcast came out around the time of the playstation and had ps2, xbox sometimes ps3 and 360 graphics. Although I admit the gaming selection was weak. So I'm not wasting my money on something I may already own in the 360 ps3.

Also, in the new Rainbow Six game you are required to kill American Citizens who are constitutionalists (i.e. dangerous militia's that believe in the constitution)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Now, I wouldn't really call myself a gamer... and I don't own any gaming consoles, but I have been somewhat tuned into the recent controversies surrounding the XBox one, for example, its strange policies regarding used games.

Sony seems to have made the most of out of Microsoft's mess... by promoting the PS4 in a video that was clearly intended to rub salt into Microsoft's wound.

K.O!!!

Further reading..
PS4's Price And Policies Humiliate Microsoft's Xbox One At E3

edit on 12-6-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I already pay to go online. The ONLY good thing about a console is not having to upgrade your hardware. That being said, I would rather play the cutting edge material than something developed for a soon to be out of date console.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You know wino, I have a strong feeling that the large majority of those who spout things like, 'I don't mind paying a fee to play multi-player/online', never ever pay the fee themselves, with their own cash.

I believe, of those who say this, 99% of them have the fee paid by 'Mommy and Daddy', or another custodial guardian.

I know there are some true gamers out there who do pay for this fee themselves (with money they earned at a real job, not an allowance or other stipend), but I think they are the vast - VAST - minority of gamers.

I am an old-school gamer and I do like the modern advancements we continue to see, but the idea of these console manufacturers wringing more and more money from the consumers is enough to make me avoid the latest edition of the industry leading consoles..............

I much prefer the idea of shoving my moola back into my pocket, where it can stay until my ignorance leads me to some other ridiculously worthless consumer device or service that I can spend it on.

Would you like the ability to, legally, play nearly every single game ever created for nearly every single console ever produced on your own personal computer (desktop or notebook) - [color=softblue]FOR FREE*?

[color=shallowblue]*See My Signature - or click the following link: Relive Experiences From Your Past !!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

Ding Ding. Really one does wonder what Microsoft was thinking when they implemented all that. Something must of made them think they could pull this off and the customers would go for it. I think they even had a poll months and months ago on a few gaming sites, about the whole lock on games if the new generation consoles would do it would you still buy it. It was an overwhelming HELL NO all across the board.

And yet they still went ahead with it. They must be smoking some strong stuff up there at Microsoft headquarters if they thought that all the locks and restrictions they put in would not effect there sales marketing or no marketing, the stats and numbers do not lie offten. And the PS4 even beats the X-box one in that department as well. The x-box will still sell however, but if they don't get there stuff together in time it will fade into obscurity like the dreamcast and sega did.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Xbox one was dead before it was released... Stupid, you can't play used games, lend or borrow games, or use the machine with out an internet connection.

I have both a 360 and PS3, I tended to like my 360 more depending on the type of game I was going to play.

How ever, I can't say I will be buying or even playing an Exbox one. I mean, I'm sure they will try and release titles solely to XB1 but I still won't budge. Tooooooo much bull#, and it's 100 bucks more than a ps4.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Yeah I saw this video yesterday and thought it was hilarious.

It seems Sony has decided to try and outplay Microsoft by going down the "lets not screw with the customers" road...

Where as Microsoft are like "lets do everything possible to make money whether it screws with the gaming experience or not"...

Oh what short memories we media consumers have. No one remembers Sony's rootkit-installing spyware fiasco back in... what was it, '05? '04?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Haha, that's a great jab at Microsoft.

I have both the 360 and ps3, but 99% of the time, I buy games for the ps3. Sure, Xbox does have a few games only for the Xbox (well, actually only the Halo series and Gears of War....). Plus there's a new game "The Last of Us" that comes out in a few days and it's only for ps3, and Ive been waiting for it forever.

Sure, the ps3 is awesome and all.....but there's only one other system that rules them all....the PC!!!!

i have a PS3, a 360 and a Wii all hooked up to a 50inch 3D LED TV. i never play games on PC (except for command and conquer/total annihilation those non console type games) and my 360 is modded and i almost never get ripped games for my x-box, i spend $70-80 instead on PS3 games. My Wii has been shelved since new years 2011 when i let my mates kids play it.

PS is the killer console, it always has been, X-box has done nothing but play catchup, and now they are trying to do their own thing and shooting themselves in the foot while doing it
*ETA- yea it sucks we gotta pay a fee to play multiplayer on the ps4 now, but I still will choose it over the new xbox
edit on 12-6-2013 by buni11687 because
edit on 13-6-2013 by BeReasonable because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
"Back in my day we only had checkers to play! And we were grateful!"
"We only had pong when I was growing up, and we played it and didn't complain about the graphics!!"

Agreed! I'm only 30

Pong was an excellent title!

Not as good As the original but well you know:

Pong
edit on 13/6/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

Also to play Most of your old dos favorites And a handful of new titles goto Good Old Games all 576 of them
edit on 13/6/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join