It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS4 K.O's Xbox one

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Now, I wouldn't really call myself a gamer... and I don't own any gaming consoles, but I have been somewhat tuned into the recent controversies surrounding the XBox one, for example, its strange policies regarding used games.

Sony seems to have made the most of out of Microsoft's mess... by promoting the PS4 in a video that was clearly intended to rub salt into Microsoft's wound.

K.O!!!

Further reading..
PS4's Price And Policies Humiliate Microsoft's Xbox One At E3

edit on 12-6-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Microsoft fail at not allowing gamers sharing their games with their friends. I will get into this conversation after I eat but bottom line is Sony may end up being on top this time around.

I'm a Sony fanboy so they can have my money and I just pre-order my ps4 today so its a win win for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yeah I saw this video yesterday and thought it was hilarious.

It seems Sony has decided to try and outplay Microsoft by going down the "lets not screw with the customers" road...

Where as Microsoft are like "lets do everything possible to make money whether it screws with the gaming experience or not"...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am a gamer and that was pure awesome ..

it's like Open Source and stuff LOL..

go go go Sony Corp . ~!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Yeah I saw this video yesterday and thought it was hilarious.

It seems Sony has decided to try and outplay Microsoft by going down the "lets not screw with the customers" road...

Where as Microsoft are like "lets do everything possible to make money whether it screws with the gaming experience or not"...

e
x
a
c
t
l
y~!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Haha, that's a great jab at Microsoft.

I have both the 360 and ps3, but 99% of the time, I buy games for the ps3. Sure, Xbox does have a few games only for the Xbox (well, actually only the Halo series and Gears of War....). Plus there's a new game "The Last of Us" that comes out in a few days and it's only for ps3, and Ive been waiting for it forever.

Sure, the ps3 is awesome and all.....but there's only one other system that rules them all....the PC!!!!

*ETA- yea it sucks we gotta pay a fee to play multiplayer on the ps4 now, but I still will choose it over the new xbox
edit on 12-6-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

*ETA- yea it sucks we gotta pay a fee to play multiplayer on the ps4 now, but I still will choose it over the new xbox

I wouldnt mind paying for multiplayer, i think the ps+ is a great service. Free games for both ps3/vita, beta testing on upcoming games and for multiplayer on a ps+ subscription, thats pretty nice i think.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Oh look at what consoles have done to you all.

"I don't mind paying extra to play online."

You guys deserve 486's and wired ball mice. you do !!

Stop it.

Long live the freedom to do what you want with your own hardware, and the software you've paid for. Long live the freedom to play the games online if they are capable of it.

Down with "Controllers" !

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Haha, that's a great jab at Microsoft.

I have both the 360 and ps3, but 99% of the time, I buy games for the ps3. Sure, Xbox does have a few games only for the Xbox (well, actually only the Halo series and Gears of War....). Plus there's a new game "The Last of Us" that comes out in a few days and it's only for ps3, and Ive been waiting for it forever.

Sure, the ps3 is awesome and all.....but there's only one other system that rules them all....the PC!!!!

That's why I call it the CoXBox Looking like an ancient Betamax

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I wouldnt mind paying for multiplayer, i think the ps+ is a great service. Free games for both ps3/vita, beta testing on upcoming games and for multiplayer on a ps+ subscription, thats pretty nice i think.

It's only $5 a month and that's the same as the current 360 xbox live price....but that was a big difference for me between the 360 and ps3. Free internet on the ps3 was one of my favorites.

It just feels a bit off for me when I have to constantly pay for a game that I already payed $60 for. For example, when a new Call of Duty comes out for the ps4, the CoD games are primarily a multiplayer based game. x amount of money ($60 at current ps3 prices) for the game, then $5 a month on the ps4 to play it. (God knows how much a new ps4 or xbox one game will go for. I wouldn't be surprised if they're $80, instead of the $60 for new ps3/360 games....and I thought $50 a game was high back in 2004).

Bottom line is - I already pay a high price for the game. Why should I be required to continuously pay money just to play a multiplayer-dominated game, when I already dropped that large amount all at once?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Ahh...

486/66dx2
8 megs of ram
s3 integrated video chip with 4 megs of video memory
Adlib Gold sound board
1.44m Diskette drive

MS-DOS v6.22 and windows for workgroups v3.11

Those were the days

That's what these NEW KIDS should play for a Year then maybe they would appreciate what they have for a change!

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Aktulu

It's only $5 a month and that's the same as the current 360 xbox live price....but that was a big difference for me between the 360 and ps3. Free internet on the ps3 was one of my favorites.

It just feels a bit off for me when I have to constantly pay for a game that I already payed $60 for. For example, when a new Call of Duty comes out for the ps4, the CoD games are primarily a multiplayer based game. x amount of money ($60 at current ps3 prices) for the game, then $5 a month on the ps4 to play it. (God knows how much a new ps4 or xbox one game will go for. I wouldn't be surprised if they're $80, instead of the $60 for new ps3/360 games....and I thought $50 a game was high back in 2004).

Bottom line is - I already pay a high price for the game. Why should I be required to continuously pay money just to play a multiplayer-dominated game, when I already dropped that large amount all at once?
Here is the explanation to why you should pay.
www.dualshockers.com...

I agree it sucks, but it also makes sence, it's not free for Sony to maintain and ophold Playstation network, and the cost have to be covered somehow, in addition they are offering a great service and not just pay and play, and a very cheap PS4.

And as he say, they like it as less as we do, he also states that not all online games will need PS+ to play online.

The N4G discussion. n4g.com...
edit on 12-6-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have a feeling Microsoft's angle on this is going to really backfire on them, forcing them to change it to be more like the status quo, eventually. I'd be selling off my shares of GameStop though...as that whole industry will eventually go the way of the dinosaur once the inevitable trend of completely digital games occurs. I think Microsoft has the right idea for the industry, but did not announce it well enough...nor clarify how it can benefit the consumer vs. punish them.

Oddly, people are still upset about the whole constant Kinect spying thing, when a simple piece of tape (when not in use) negates the concern....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
...and the $100 less is just icing on the top for Sony.

PS3 had a free online, and it as really decent one. $4.16 cents per month does not seems that big to me...

Games are the problem... $65 bucks(with tax) per game is just mind blowing....6-8 games = 1 console...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fr33kSh0w2012

Originally posted by winofiend

Ahh...

486/66dx2
8 megs of ram
s3 integrated video chip with 4 megs of video memory
Adlib Gold sound board
1.44m Diskette drive

MS-DOS v6.22 and windows for workgroups v3.11

Those were the days

That's what these NEW KIDS should play for a Year then maybe they would appreciate what they have for a change!

"Back in my day we only had checkers to play! And we were grateful!"
"We only had pong when I was growing up, and we played it and didn't complain about the graphics!!"

edit on 12-6-2013 by optimus primal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You're not constantly paying for the game though. You're paying to use the multiplayer servers. And not just for one game, but all multiplayer games you own or could own or rent or borrow. I'm planning on switching to ps4 when I've got the money for the new console.

Right now I pay roughly the same for xboxlive gold subscription. 5 dollars a month is small peanuts when it comes to all the hours of entertainment I'm getting out of it. It's cheaper than going to one movie a month.

I'm really disappointed in the direction microsoft is going for the new xbox. Especially all the restrictions. This is why ps4 is going to get my money.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You know what I think.

It's quite the good conspiracy.

I think about a decade ago, Microsoft was looking for a way to bring PC gaming back, in order to jump back into the PC market as they knew that computing in general was changing drastically.

Microsoft wants to be top dog in the next generation of devices. From their Smart Tables to the R&D Vision demonstrations they've shown, I have a theory.

I think Microsoft is actually trying to kill the console market, by creating hardware and software that is so below par when considering other platforms it's almost laughable.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Then its a bad move on Microsoft...

Last 25 yr, Gaming market is only quadrupling... and chances are its going further and further... with advancing games as 3d helmet, moving platforms etc...it seems stupid for XboxoSoft to be suicidal, especially after spending money on development and research.

Don't forget Xbox is fairly new to Console Wars. Nintendo and PS(aka Nintendo) accumulated actual fanbase because of the system, Xbox gained fanbase due to its gaming.

PC will live forever...and PC is everything.. Console focus on one thing.. hardcore gaming... now Console has added benefit of friend list and online capability...

I think its impossible to defeat Console... nobody things "gaming" when you mention PC.

Not hating on PC, i have a $3,000 PC build just for gaming. But Console offer me different type of gaming.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All I know is, when I finally get a ps4, first game I'm getting is The division.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I'm just a puritan.

You can't claim next generation graphics and play-ability when your hardware is 2 generations behind.

I mean Sony might fair well, I'll pick up the console cause it's cheap and it doubles as a decent blue ray player,but Microsoft is really going to have to wow folks by making drastic changes to it's game plan.

Even the newer systems like OUYA for example are using android based operating systems which were originally written for mobile PC platforms.

Then go take a look at the Steambox and there you have it, PC gaming for your living room. The console market won't die, I don't think it will, but I do think Microsoft got into it, more for IP reasons than gaming ones.

~Tenth

<<   2  3 >>

join