It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why still denying it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Precisely, maybe the aliens have chosen the wrong way to let themselves be known. But then again think about this. People report seeing aliens in broad daylight in the middle of a city sometimes and they get shot down as fakes or crazy. There are reports of UFOs all over the world in daylight and in the night sky. It will continue to go unexplained until the public gets to a crashed ufo or dead alien before the govts of the world do. The people will need to make a stand and finally say we are tired of all the lies. This is assuming the govts already know about aliens visiting earth if they are.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I have no doubt they are out there. I just dont know if they are visiting us or watching us. I hope they are because I hope we are important enough to have caught the attention of a well more advanced civilization. Probably havent but hey I can hope right

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was very interested in UFOs for a while until I learned the probability of actually being visited. I am fairly sure most UFOs can be explained by natural phenomena or technologies being tested. The theory of time travel seems more likely than alien encounters to me but if I actually applied myself and researched the topic I would probably come to the same conclusion on the probability of aliens. What pretty much sealed it for me was learning just how impossible speed of light and faster than light travel actually is kind of puts a damper on things.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Have you heard of the warp drive that NASA is working on. This allows a space craft to go faster than light. Theoretically faster than light speeds are possible. So I wouldnt let that be the deciding factor for you.

io9.com...
edit on 10-6-2013 by UnknownKnower because: Added a link.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
reply to post by Dianec

Interesting, would you care to describe what you have experienced to the best of your abilities? I am curious. If not that is fine.

Yea I only told one person but she stayed silent on it and its made me keep to myself since then. People think your losing it on these topics. Plus It's nothing spectacular. I was driving home from out of town - going south. It was probably an hour past dark (cant remember exact time). I was going through a very small town - like two abandoned building so completely dark but your required to stop at a stop sign and then proceed at 25 for about a mile before you can gradually get back up to 70. I had been listening to the radio but some static came through that startled me so I switched to a CD. I dont know why I mention this because I dont think the radio was anything more than being in a remote area but recollecting best i can.

I love looking at the stars but realized there was only one out thus far. I decided to make a wish (I was bored, what can I say), so sat there to do so. I kept my eyes on this star while I was sitting there making this wish as it was bright - brilliant for the first star out. As i began to drive again I kept watching this star - it was just so bright. Then suddenly it shot toward the left and up. It's like it was heading in the 11:00 direction but then changed to go more in a 10:00 direction - then was gone. I remember the direction and how it looked and won't ever forget it. It was so fast I can't even say how quick it was. Faster than any shooting star I've ever seen and going in the wrong direction. All of that and the fact I hadn't taken my eyes off of it (so it had been sitting there just like a star does) baffled me. Its hard to explain the degree change so applologize for this. I can only describe as changing direction slightly before disappearing entirely. I pulled over to see if my phone worked. It didn't. When I got to where it would work I emailed a friend about the experience.

That's it. Nothing I can prove. Just a personal experience with something that was not a fire work, plane, or satellite. Only bears and mountain lions live in this area as its remote but even if a firework it wouldn't have sat suspended for a few minutes before shooting off. It was also too high. It wasn't a plane - too high and a plane cant sit still like that and then accellerate suddenly like this did. It was a clear night and the atmosphere can't explain it based on the clear view I had of it. Maybe there's an explanation for it but I sure cant explain it. It felt like I had seen a UFO.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

An experience is all it takes to prove anything to yourself. I don't doubt you for a bit to be honest. I think these types of things are happening but theres not way for me to know for a fact or not. I have no way of knowing. I have personally never had any sightings or anything. I would like to though, Just hope it wouldnt be like the movie The Fourth Kind haha.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
As most people now agree , life is abundant in the known universe.
Intelligent life may be rarer but even so there must be many highly advanced civilizations out there.
Now , given where we are now in regards to exploring space , how advanced would a tech 10,000 years ahead of ours be at detecting life in the universe?
I think its likely that we have been visited.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

You have pretty much summed up my entire argument.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

Of course I have heard of it and semi understand the principles so if one day their findings show promise I will reevaluate my ideas about space travel however when you actually look at the probability of survivability in space compounded by the billions of observable stars to date you start to get a picture on the likelihood of alien visitation.

I forget who posted it but they showed that if we were able to instantaneously visit each star and only stayed for a second at each destination it would take us something like a million years to do so. So I am just being realistic here.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well thank you for responding. This is the second and probably last time ill tell what I saw since its not that exciting to others and some might think im wacked. You may very well see something odd one day too. It happened so fast for me. But I'm glad it happened none the less.

Still - after all of that it wasn't enough. Like Phage and someone else said in here - it would be ideal to see something long enough to actually wrap your brain around it - closer to us. I said it in another thread: if they are studying us its too big of an unknown to just land and introduce themselves. They are probably not willing to risk their own lives to do so. Therefore they would just observe.

I love the lights over Phoenix stories (old but still intriguing since flares can't sit in the sky for 3 hours as the military claimed the lights were). These have come from mexico if I'm not mistaken too. Crop circles, cows and evidently elk getting taken or mutilated, ancient cave paintings, etc. there are so many strange phenomenon. Some can be explained and some cannot.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I dont understand. The fact that you said the universe is as huge as I said makes me think you would understand that aliens are very very likely and there are multiple earthlike planets in the universe and we have only been looking for them for a few years. The fact that we've found a large amount in such a short amount of time makes me think that habitable zones in the universe are numerous and thus meaning alien life should be numerous. I am not saying every earthlike planet has life on it because it doesnt. What i am saying is the chances are higher than once thought since we are discovering more and more planets in the habitable zone every day it seems. Life somewhere else could have developed before humans even thought of existing. Meaning they would be wayyyy ahead of us technologically. We are already looking for ways to make faster than light technology so I have no doubt that they have already mastered it and possibly even time travel if thats possible.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
As most people now agree , life is abundant in the known universe.
Intelligent life may be rarer but even so there must be many highly advanced civilizations out there.
Now , given where we are now in regards to exploring space , how advanced would a tech 10,000 years ahead of ours be at detecting life in the universe?
I think its likely that we have been visited.

And from our frame of reference we cannot explain it so many dismiss it entirely. Nice to see some have faith that even if we can't explain "how" they would do it we believe they could.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The fact that there are so many unexplained things of this nature only support the thought that aliens do exist and they have been visiting us. I hope they have. I wish they would show themselves but I can also understand why they would not. We as a species have a habit of seek and destroying. Whatever we see as a threat whether or not its a nice being, we will attempt to kill it. That may be the end to humans so maybe the longer they wait to show themselves the better.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
We hear a lot of rhetoric about the evidence for alternative life forms being insufficient to prove any conclusion. Indeed this is the case. But in reality, this 'lacking of proof' is an irrelevant construct, a presumptive error resulting in a stalemate of ignorance; a contrivance of convenience. It is a Ponzi Scheme of fake science.

I find it ironic when people exhibit the swagger of thumping everyone they know on the head with their supposed knowledge of the scientific method. Then the first thing they demand of outsider sponsors (non-scientists) is 'proof.' I find that rather confusing.

The first step in the scientific method is NOT 'proof.' The salient issue is not whether we possess absolute conclusivity. That is a logical fallacy of presumption called 'Proof Gaming.' It is akin to an employer saying to an applicant. "Fine, you want me to give you a job? Go bring me a million bucks, and I will give you a job." Most of our scientific consensus resides on a competitive process of expository data collection, predictive testing, falsification testing, and is rarely underpinned by airtight proof from the very start. And even when proof is attained, it is at the conclusion of a long process of evaluation and peer review. Even then, some scientists will dissent. Science is a method and a process. It begins with observation, necessity and plurality. This we have in ample supply to surpass any objective threshold.

So why can the science not be started? The a priori lack of objectivity. As long as there are those who block the process of science, those who enjoy and benefit with personal power from the game, there will always be a state of insufficient evidence, always be a state of mockery and derision, always be a state of ignorance.

There are those who dissent with this contrivance. And their numbers continue to grow.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I am not even sure if they see us as good or bad. I think they maybe don't know. To see us as good or bad would mean they have similar value systems. If made up like us with hormones and neurotransmitters, etc, etc we could assume they think like us/feel like us. To take ourselves beyond our frame of reference is very very hard. If we found life on mars we would probably be afraid to interfere - would put them on defensive; they might kill us, etc. that's from our perspective; what we know about behavior. It's fascinating for me to wonder how they would "think". Intelligence isn't limited to what we understand intelligence is - if one thinks if it this way.

I think we are going to know more soon. I sense this. Governments discussing disclosures so others can begin to apply research, people with cameras, us flying around in space....it would be the greatest discovery ever in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I know what you mean. The way they think, if they think, could be entirely different from our way of thinking. They may not know the difference between good and evil. They may have never had to experience the opposite of good or evil. They might be a purely logical species that only does whats best for their survival.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Although "unidentified", they have showed up on radar many times, diverting flight paths of jumbo jets as well as forcing jets to make maneuvers because they were tailing dangerously close to the plane. Some pilots have made testimonies in which they reported seeing a craft the size of a couple football fields, that is not something you can mistake seeing when you are a pilot.

Like someone above said, some people can't handle the idea of an alien race dropping by.

Yes, if they have the technology to travel galaxies, stopping by this solar system does not take effort at all. Why not make contact? Would we try to communicate with barbaric animals who kills each other? We act on fear, an example would be an US airforce pilot ordered to fire 24 rockets at a UFO. Here's the story: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Those of you who are interested, search up pilot reports with UFO's, pilots are the most trust-worthy.

The files released by the FBI is worth a read too, if you've got the time.

If you want to split hairs, yes they are still "unidentified" flying objects.

Here is the Catalog of Military, Airliner, Private Pilots’ Sightings, more than 1300+ cases from 1916-2000

www.ufoevidence.org...

edit on 10-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I think you are confused about what I said. I never implied that I didn’t think there could be other life in the universe just that the possibility that it has visited us is highly implausible.

Especially considering that our earliest radio waves hasn’t even reached the nearest solar system yet the odds of some intelligent life form picking our solar system out of the billions of others by chance even with theoretical modes of travel is simply beyond realistic to me. I rarely play the lotto for the same basic reasons simple mathematics and odds.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

I think if I ran into an alien - meet one who landed - however that would happen, I would be very still and not make direct eye contact. I wouldn't run and I'd try to keep fear low incase it could be sensed. I would think positive thoughts. Fear makes humans and animals alike get defensive so it seems like the safest bet. Pilots being told to shoot. That sounds like something that would be ordered. That's a sure way to pick a fight.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Oh okay. I understand what you're saying but still I wouldnt let the technology available be the deciding factor because simple because we dont have the technology doesnt mean they dont and doesnt mean they havent been searching for life for longer than we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join