It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why still denying it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
For my first thread post this will be a bit shorter than most but I believe the one question I have already posed suffices for the topic I would discuss. I really just have one question. Why are we still questioning whether alien life exists or not if we have all this evidence of it from thousands of people throughout the years? Why haven't we already acknowledged that we are not alone and we are not the most intelligent. Why must we still be in denial? It makes absolutely no sense to me. I mean if we were to think about things such as the sun being the center of the solar system. This was not believed to be true a while back and if you said it was true then you were completely crazy and wrong. With obvious evidence supporting the fact that the sun is the center of the solar system being found, how long did it take people to finally admit that it was in fact the center. Why were people blatantly denying it, despite the clear evidence. This is my exact argument for what I said at the beginning, why are we still denying alien life exists...?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

I dont think most people deny the existence of life out there; I think its hard to believe theyre visiting us.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There's skepticism b/c as our technology gets better good sightings have become rarer..
edit on 9-6-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Why deny they are visiting us? When there's so much evidence that says otherwise. Sure the evidence is left up to speculation but every type of evidence is up to speculation until someone deems it a fact... Im wondering when will someone decide to declare it as a fact...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I think the people that are denying it are doing it, more than likely, is because they are gaining something from it. And that (More than likely) is probably- power and money

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
why are we still denying alien life exists...?

...you're assuming that our visitors are aliens from another planet...
and that... that is an assumption for which we have precisely 0 evidence.

I don't argue that we're being visited... but that conclusion is premature.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Maybe we deny it because of the anal probes?

I mean... what intelligent species looks for answers up there?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Why deny they are visiting us? When there's so much evidence that says otherwise.
There is a difference between denying and saying the "evidence" is not sufficient to say it is a fact.

The problem is the "evidence" is ambiguous, inconsistent, and a matter of interpretation. Such "evidence" is not enough to proclaim that we are being visited, other than as a matter of opinion.

edit on 6/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I do not deny Alien life most likely exists outside our planet, statistically it would just about have to.

Although people see many, many things in the sky they can't explain or identify that does not mean that they are alien life or ships. They could be many things other than alien ships.

They are truly UNIDENTIFIED flying objects for sure and until they're identified positively then we don't KNOW for sure that they're alien in nature.

You may believe they are, you may want them to be and you may feel in your gut they are but the fact remains you don't know for sure.

These ships could be some kind of black ops from some country on this planet, they could be earthlings from another time (who have invented time travel) or they could be from another dimension traveling or bleeding over into this one.....

Nobody knows for sure. I am sure one day we will know the truth whatever it turns out to be but untill them it's all just conjecture.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why is that so hard to accept? I am open to all ideas. Why is it so hard to think that maybe they are "anal probing" I know it sounds ridiculous. But think about this please before writing me off as just another fanatic. We are only thinking that anal probing is stupid or ridiculous because its in our heads that it doesnt make any sense to do so. What if they are doing that for something unknown to us? I dont believe those anal probing reports exactly but I do believe some reports of alien abduction and sightings. Why would people have been making this up and why would so many people do it simultaneously. It just seems idiotic to say they aren't visiting us.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I completely agree with what you said. I know that what we are seeing may just be things we cannot explain yet. Perhaps its not aliens and you are right in saying that may be why we dont accept it as truth. I wonder though what would be the point of which we do admit it? What would it take? Would the people in power positions still deny it to the public even if they invade us or something like that?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Why is that so hard to accept? I am open to all ideas. Why is it so hard to think that maybe they are "anal probing" I know it sounds ridiculous. But think about this please before writing me off as just another fanatic. We are only thinking that anal probing is stupid or ridiculous because its in our heads that it doesnt make any sense to do so. What if they are doing that for something unknown to us? I dont believe those anal probing reports exactly but I do believe some reports of alien abduction and sightings. Why would people have been making this up and why would so many people do it simultaneously. It just seems idiotic to say they aren't visiting us.

Well anal probes aside here...

You might notice that a lot of the media tends to play on our fear of the unknown... Perhaps many people deny we are being visited because they see that feeling propagated within the media, and pass it off as another promotion of what said media uses on the regular anyways?

Personally... im sure aliens exist... and I don't really care if they're here to visit or not...

Though what I don't like are people that speculate that there are aliens and reptiles in the government... or the usual planetary watchers just waiting for the right time to make their move...

I find it insulting... as any logical person would

edit on 9-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Very well put. I have a question for you, I think you might give an interesting answer. How do you think alien life began? Did they create us? Are we them? I am just curious about the most asked questions and I am sick of seeing these questions being asked on television and everyone tip toes around a direct answer. As if they are afraid to anger a certain crowd.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by mwood

I completely agree with what you said. I know that what we are seeing may just be things we cannot explain yet. Perhaps its not aliens and you are right in saying that may be why we dont accept it as truth. I wonder though what would be the point of which we do admit it? What would it take? Would the people in power positions still deny it to the public even if they invade us or something like that?

I do not think its that people so much deny it but what is everyone supposed to accept? Without first hand experience and knowing what the phenomena is people can only speculate and accept someone elses claims.
I would be looking at why there is so much variation in peoples beliefs and question why this is rather than making unfounded objective claims.
Believe in aliens or religious deities and observe how perception changes for an individual weather these are real or not to another person. Do you need others to believe in aliens to make this real for you?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

Now no offense but you have veered off track from where I was going. I didnt mean this to get into a philosophical discussion. I dont need others to think they are real for me to think so. I think they are but like said above theres no way for me to be 100% sure until they either walk right up to me and shake my hand or I see them for myself. I still THINK they are real regardless of what others think.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I think they are but like said above theres no way for me to be 100% sure until they either walk right up to me and shake my hand or I see them for myself.
That isn't exactly the way you worded it here:

Why were people blatantly denying it, despite the clear evidence.

So the evidence isn't so clear? Or did you change your mind since the OP?

The problem is the "evidence" is ambiguous, inconsistent, and a matter of interpretation. Such "evidence" is not enough to proclaim that we are being visited, other than as a matter of opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea I didnt mean to appear so stuck on thinking there is absolute proof..I came off a little too strong at first and I apologize. In the part you quoted I was referring to someone elses response and didnt remember who said it.
edit on 9-6-2013 by UnknownKnower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Are you referring to actual physical beings from other planets visiting this planet?

Most research into actual abduction cases indicates a non physical phenomena occurring. This is often addressed as "highly advanced" technology which allows for bypassing the laws of physics.

People tend only to focus on the "greys" or "reptilians" aspect but completely ignore the flying toasters and refrigerators.

Skinwalker ranch comes to mind here.

Of course I wont try and stop you form hoping for benevolent alien civilizations abducting cows and starting cults lead by guys named RaEl are here to save us.

Maybe the truth is that, "you can't handle the truth" and that is why the policy is 'deny everything.'
edit on 9-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by HomerinNC

Why deny they are visiting us? When there's so much evidence that says otherwise. Sure the evidence is left up to speculation but every type of evidence is up to speculation until someone deems it a fact... Im wondering when will someone decide to declare it as a fact...

You just answered your own question.

So far the "evidence" is, as you said, speculation. The way the scientific method works is not someone suddenly declares something that was speculation as a fact.

In order to be an actual fact, proof or evidence must be provided, peer reviewed, with others being able to reach the same results over and over.

Even to go from speculation to an actual theory requires supporting evidence.

Until someone can provide a crashed or captured UFO, in which examination of shows it to be not of Earthly origin, or an actual alien biological that can be studied by various scientific groups, UFOs being aliens visiting us will always be just pure speculation.

That's why the word Unidentified is used in UFOs. We don't know what they are (but people can speculate all they like).

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I know that probability says there is without a doubt alien life but I do not know whether or not they have visited earth. Although I do think they have influenced human life developing because there are too many unexplained incidences to completely deny it. Perhaps they even sparked human life like in the movie Mission to Mars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join