It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why still denying it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I never denied the existence of aliens.

Granted, I never really look in the Alien forums, because they aren't a particular topic of interest in the conspiracy world for me. Unless I'm looking for drawing or story ideas,

But... in all honesty, aliens aren't the issue for me. They are fascinating to think about, and they give our world much more dream and wonder, but the theory of alien life doesn't threaten our existence, nor does it help our current state of war and chaos, so I don't pay them much mind.

Unless they came to visit us, which is highly unlikely, then they don't really deserve too much attention... not as much attention as refuting GMO foods and feeding the hungry.

I think the Doctor from Doctor Who (ironic, because he's an alien), said it best.

He looked down at the earth from a space ship, made a face, and said;

"One side of the earth's too fat, the other's too thin... and you lot just sit back and watch television."

Taking the alien's advice, I think humanity has enough problems to fix before it can start worrying about other races piling on too.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

No offense but have you read any of the other comments I have left? I clearly state that I was mistaken in saying there was evidence 100%.. There are many supporting claims by many people of high status and low status but we tend to only focus on the people of lower class since they can be wrote off as crazy. When an astronaut comes out and says it then people are left speechless and respect that opinion unless however they are stubborn and dont like the thought of someone supporting a claim that doesnt support their own opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

There is zero evidence life exists outside Earth, and life visiting us fails the logic test at every possible turn.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

How so?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Logically aliens could exist and could be looking for like other than themselves and found us. That seems like it passes the logic test at that turn. I mean after all...why are we the only ones who have to be looking for alien life? Explain that one. Why think we are the only species looking for other life? Perhaps aliens exist on a planet in a different galaxy and have decided to look for others just like we have..If it fails the logic test then us looking for alien life also fails the logic test. I guess if we land on an alien planet they will say no way they are visiting us, it fails the logic test.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower

Logically aliens could exist and could be looking for like other than themselves and found us. That seems like it passes the logic test at that turn. I mean after all...why are we the only ones who have to be looking for alien life? Explain that one. Why think we are the only species looking for other life? Perhaps aliens exist on a planet in a different galaxy and have decided to look for others just like we have..If it fails the logic test then us looking for alien life also fails the logic test. I guess if we land on an alien planet they will say no way they are visiting us, it fails the logic test.

No, them landing here and meeting us would be LOGICAL, the fact they have not done so is where the logic test fails. I would be more than happy to once again use logic to show believing aliens have visited us is really, really stupid to believe.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Corso's Book " Day after Roswell " is a must read for any UFO / Alien skeptics. The mans credentials are impeccable. He stood to lose lots by writing it in 1997 and I found it really bridged a gap in human technological advancements made in the last 30 yrs. The most ironic part of his story is how infighting amongst various branches of the military and intelligence agencies of the day ended up delaying the reverse engineering of the alien technology by private industry. Otherwise we probably would of had cell phones and computers in our hands in the 60,s. Knowing the types of people who crave power that are in government it was fortunate for us all that men like Corso come forward and disclose what they have done and seen while in military service for " security "reasons. TPTB have done a bang up job in covering up the UFO / Alien connection for the last 100 yrs. But there are voices being heard that tell the truth and will not be silenced. Hold on Alice ... that rabbit hole is deep.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by UnknownKnower

No, them landing here and meeting us would be LOGICAL, the fact they have not done so is where the logic test fails. I would be more than happy to once again use logic to show believing aliens have visited us is really, really stupid to believe.

Whoa...hold up. How is theorizing that aliens have visited us stupid? Explain how that fails a logic test.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cprnicus

Yes, I urge you to look into Strom Thurmond's foreword for the book too.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Please do explain.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

Sigh. Fine. I will try to do it fast.

If aliens are coming to Earth they possess technology beyond what we can dream of. If they are here one of two things must be true
a) They wish to remain hidden
b) They do not care if they are seen

If a) was true then with the advanced technology they possess there would be no way to see them. Humanity can't come close to traversing space, but we can already cloak events from TIME itself. Imagine what they could do to cloak themselves.
Physicists have created a “hole in time” using the temporal equivalent of an invisibility cloak

If b) were true then their presence would 100% be known and provable, as they would not be taking any steps to conceal themselves.

Instead what we have is c).
c) They sort of sometimes want to be sort of hidden a little but really cant hide to well and sometimes they are sort of glimpsed then they run away.

Only a) and b) are logical, c) is not.

Do you understand my short version?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

First, this has been said many times but we DON'T know whether they are aliens or unmanned crafts or inter-dimensional beings, in other words, we don't know what they are.

Now that's out of the way, according to your logic

a) they do not wish to be seen therefore are cloaked, so how do we even know they are there?

b) they do not care to be seen (most likely the case) because thousands of sightings occur and we still don't know what they are. With our technology we most likely cannot destroy them anyways.

c) they sometimes want to be sort of hidden ? how so? they have shown up on radar and flew danger close to jumbo jets and military planes, why do they "sort of" want to stay hidden? If they want to stay hidden we won't see them. Then you say they "run away" ? Um, maybe that's their normal flying speed? We're comparing our caveman technology with unimaginable technology that seems to defy physics

All 3 choices are perfectly logical, and is definitely not enough evidence to prove that they have been OR have not been visiting.

Like many members have said, WE DONT KNOW. Logic varies person to person and if we're trying to guess the logic of those flying objects, we're never going to find an answer.
edit on 11-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by signalfire
reply to post by JimOberg

Way to go to not answer the question. Explain Philip Corso's revelations and Richard Dolan's research away as 'pseudo-scientific'.

For Dolan, i recommend
www.scribd.com...

For Corso, the book's author [whoever that is] raved nonsense about space projects and history, secure in the knowledge that the target audience was too uninformed -- and disinclined -- to ever check up. And however contemputuous he may have been of your knowledge and intelligence, you have fulfilled that estimate. And refused help, when it has been offered.

Wow, that's the best you can do? A 'scribd' document that some hack posted with a few thousand views? He's complaining that Dolan catalogued sightings, but that's what historians do; they aggregate information. The picture that writer posted of himself was all I needed to see. A cartoon of Darth Vader. Geeze...

As far as the Corso book, he may have had a co-author; many non-writers who want to write a biography get help with the actual writing. Since it was published well within Corso's lifetime, and I never saw anything to the effect that he renounced it, perhaps you should apologize to the Corso family. You either called a 20 year military veteran with top level security clearances a liar, or that someone else entirely wrote that book, put his name on it and was never sued by the family.

Your insult to my 'knowledge and intelligence' is duly noted. What help have you offered, lies? You think ice particles can survive out in space under full sunlight and pulsate with mathematical precision. I can only consider you a gatekeeper and your history in the MSM only serves to add to that presumption. What was YOUR security clearance? Higher than Corso's?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Or D.) they are showing themselves and have been covered up.
Or E.) They are advanced but not advanced enough to completely keep themselves hidden.

Your possibilities are just as likely as those. To say it's stupid, thinking aliens have visited us, is the real stupid thing. Aliens may be visiting us every day and they may very well be hiding themselves but you cannot deny the fact that people all around the world in multiple time periods have seen SOMETHING that cannot be explained even to this day. And that something just so happens to fit what we could think of as aliens. Some very well educated and smart people have reported seeing aliens so what can you say about that? Were they just imagining it when it is very clear that they weren't? Are they looney or stupid like you claim they are? I think not.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Ah good. I understand completely and good point. Assuming that there could be many alien civilizations out there that are millions of years more advanced than us, the problem of interstellar travel isn't really a logic problem. It's just a problem of us not having the technology to understand the how, yet.

You can't just call everyone who theorizes that there has been alien visitation, stupid, though. Your logic test, though good, is too simplistic. There are too many variables to consider and enough circumstantial evidence to convict OJ.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter

First, this has been said many times but we DON'T know whether they are aliens or unmanned crafts or inter-dimensional beings, in other words, we don't know what they are.

It doesn't matter what they are. If you think it does then show me how.

Now that's out of the way, according to your logic

a) they do not wish to be seen therefore are cloaked, so how do we even know they are there?

BINGO. We wouldn't. As you say later, we have caveman technology compared to them, if they wanted to be hidden they would be, period, and we would have no knowledge of them. So the fact we "do" (going with the hypothetical we are being visited) they do not wish to remain hidden and must not care if we see them.

b) they do not care to be seen (most likely the case) because thousands of sightings occur and we still don't know what they are. With our technology we most likely cannot destroy them anyways.

Yet with thousands of "sightings" there is still not a single piece of evidence, nothing, zero, zip, nada. How do we have thousands of sightings with no evidence? If they were visiting and didn't care to be seen we would see them all the time.

c) they sometimes want to be sort of hidden ? how so? they have shown up on radar and flew danger close to jumbo jets and military planes, why do they "sort of" want to stay hidden? If they want to stay hidden we won't see them. Then you say they "run away" ? Um, maybe that's their normal flying speed? We're comparing our caveman technology with unimaginable technology that seems to defy physics

You just illustrated my point. Sometimes they show on radar, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they stick around and let themselves be seen by a few, other times they high tail it out. Sometimes they go very slow, other times almost light speed. There is no consistency at all, no logic at all to thinking that. If they let themselves be tracked by radar, which can easily be defeated, they MUST want their presence known. If they want it known, why is there still a question about whether they are real? Zero logic, at all.

All 3 choices are perfectly logical, and is definitely not enough evidence to prove that they have not been visiting.

Like many members have said, WE DONT KNOW. Logic varies person to person and if we're trying to guess the logic of those flying objects, we're never going to find an answer.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Heres a possibly answer. Though I dont think youll accept it. There are multiple species of aliens therefor certain ones will go faster and be seen and others will not. They could be just as different from each other as we are from them. Perhaps there are VERY advanced beings and not so advanced beings. Possibly only a little more than us. I only say more than us because they have obviously, if real, been visiting us and have good enough technology to do so.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that we live on a planet where religions based on ancient stories (hardly facts) can be 'believed' by the majority but information based on millions of sightings, hundreds of radar returns and ubiquitous photographs, documented by governments who have admitted to withholding of information and incredible levels of redaction is somehow 'imaginary' and the people interested in simply investigating these sightings and occurrences are subject to ridicule.

We can't deal with reality until we know what it is, and it's not in your bible which was written by people to whom a plow was high-tech, who had no clue what electricity, germs or earthquakes were (except when neatly explained away as 'the gods being angry').

However, reality very well may be in the millions of government documents that are now sitting in archives covered in black magic marker. Your tax money paid for this information, and you are not being allowed to make use of it, and you are lied to about its content. Is this a government you can be proud of? Trust?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

What "evidence" for UNIDENTIFIED flying objects are you looking for?

Here's files released under Freedom of Information act by FBI

www.ufocasebook.com...

1300+ sightings by pilots both military and private

www.ufoevidence.org...

Many many more sightings which can be confirmed by radar, but I suppose the "Evidence" you're looking for is a little grey man on an autopsy table with the knife in your hands?

Like I said "We don't know",until then we can only guess. Hate to break it to you, but your logic asking for "consistency" in the sightings is faulty. Who stated that these objects have to move in a consistent pattern? They already move in ways which defy physics, why must it be consistent? Helicopters and planes don't move the same way do they? Not a good example but you get the point, logic is not a good way to determine what is/ what isn't there.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

Ah good. I understand completely and good point. Assuming that there could be many alien civilizations out there that are millions of years more advanced than us, the problem of interstellar travel isn't really a logic problem. It's just a problem of us not having the technology to understand the how, yet.

You can't just call everyone who theorizes that there has been alien visitation, stupid, though. Your logic test, though good, is too simplistic. There are too many variables to consider and enough circumstantial evidence to convict OJ.

I would never call anyone stupid. I would certainly say the human mind has the capability to see things which are not there. Even large groups of people are subject to this ....

Look up ...
Mumbai Sweet Water
Hindu Milk Miracle

Here is one not exactly on topic but close enough.
mindhacks.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join