It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Privacy Invasions 'Modest Encroachments'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by mymymy

I been here for a long long time,criticized Bush the same way I am criticizingiObama, because I voted for each of them in their first term, but once I saw the crap and corruption of them I didn't a second time.

Is not longer any division of what parties are about, they are the same corrupted crap over and over again.

edit on 8-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

and you are one of the very few here. If you've been here long enough then you know what I am talking about. It's not like Clinton did obvious crap like this that Democrats alibied then whined about Bush doing. They have both been edging it up a degree at a time

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Modest my ass. Any and all invasion of privacy should be opposed.
edit on 9/6/13 by PeaceNLove123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't really know what freedoms we have lost and neither does any of the liberal apologists know any more than I know. I have read that NSA can suspect anyone that they choose to suspect and then get a court order to monitor that or those people. That sounds pretty reasonable doesn't it? What judge or Judges issue these court orders? Do any of you have any idea? Well you nor I have any idea because the judges are just as secret as this whole gimmick. So what do you really do? Well you take the word of the guys who pull the strings . That's what you do.

Once again I would ask any of you out there in ATS this question. What makes you think that those powers to be have not tapped into Romney's campaign and knew every move he made? Do you know for a fact that this did not happen nor will ever happen? Don't be a fool. You nor I don't know that this has not happened in many cases and will not happen in the future. In fact you know as well as I know that this will be abused in the future and I believe that it has been used in the past.

Here is another case in mind. What would prevent your powers to be from using you or anyone else as a patsy and for any purpose that suits their need? You can't say that this will not or has not happened because a secret is just that. It's a secret. The people who do this are secret as well as the judges who issue these court orders and the people who carry out the deeds are secret. Do you think for a moment that all of this will be legally used?
You see what a few well placed people can do with your IRS. You surely can't be stupid enough to believe that this same thing cannot happen with this NSA or is not happening as we speak.

Another thing that bothers me is what else are they doing? The American citizen has no representation in this matter at all. Your elected officials who are supposed to represent the people did not know any more than you knew and even they were at the mercy of a few secret people who run the entire republic. And here is the kicker. All of this costs the taxpayer 80 billion bucks a year. 80 billion dollars could buy a lot of houses and food for Americans as well as repair a lot of roads and bridges and building roads and bridges means lots of jobs. Far more than the spy employees of this DC gang.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For those that still don't get it,

Imagine the government breaking into your home and taking your diary. Now you haven't written anything bad, so you have nothing to worry about, right? And the government says, well, we did break into your home, and we did steal your diary, but we haven't read it.

So there's nothing to worry about.

Right?

I mean, the proponents for government see no problem with this.

Right?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I mean, the PROGRESSIVES in government see no problem with this.

Fixed.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Imagine the government breaking into your home and taking your diary. Now you haven't written anything bad, so you have nothing to worry about, right? And the government says, well, we did break into your home, and we did steal your diary, but we haven't read it.

Right?

Right?

Not a great analogy. It's more like they went to the grocery store where I shopped and pulled all the receipts of everyone who shopped there. They don't look at all the details of any of the receipts -- unless they have a suspicious person who they think may have bought stuff to make a homemade bomb. They may look at THEIR receipts and their receipts only.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's okay everyone. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing. I am scared that the USA may need a revolution to restore our Bill of Rights.

"Modest Encroachments".... are you f#@%*g kidding me?

Who still believes in Obama's hope and change?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Right?

Right?

I think some of 'those' actually do get it, but can't bear the thought of Dear Leader looking tarnished in any way.... the Chris Matthews syndrome.
Some are probably on the govt payroll. I used to be skeptical of the idea of paid govt shills, but if they intercept all of our emails, why wouldn't they have paid plants on the internet.

See what you did for government credibility there, Obama? ETA: ( not that they had much credibility left to squander anyway )
edit on 9-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Right?

Right?

Not a great analogy. It's more like they went to the grocery store where I shopped and pulled all the receipts of everyone who shopped there. They don't look at all the details of any of the receipts -- unless they have a suspicious person who they think may have bought stuff to make a homemade bomb. They may look at THEIR receipts and their receipts only.

And that's a good analogy???

Grocery receipts don't really have the kind of info that our emails do.....

And until you can tell me whose emails are being pulled and looked at for whatever reason (you don't happen to have a list of criteria that the govt uses, do you, by chance?) , you really don't have much footing for this.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

So the President admits that what they are doing is illegal and overstepping the bounds set forth by the Constitution...and you are ok with that? How is it ok to do anything illegal?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Right?

Right?

Your analogy would work if it showed who I was shopping for and who was eating the food I was buying.

But for that you'd need a journal. . . .

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I guess that nut Representative Maxine Waters popped the cork last February .....

She actually talked about this massive database.

Listen and read what She said and how wonderful it sounds

(that's if you can understand Her English)

The nut Maxine Waters is the pride and joy of many Liberals

In February Breitbart TV first revealed this video of Rep Maxine Waters bragging about Obama collecting Americans information

“The President has put in place an organization with the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life,” Representative Maxine Waters told Roland Martin on Monday.

“That’s going to be very, very powerful,” Waters said. “That database will have information about everything on every individual on ways that it’s never been done before and whoever runs for President on the Democratic ticket has to deal with that. They’re going to go down with that database and the concerns of those people because they can’t get around it.

And he’s [President Obama] been very smart. It’s very powerful what he’s leaving in place.”

Can anybody BELIEVE this

Maxine Waters Reveals Obama's Secret Data Base Filled with Voters' Private Info

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here's the YouTube of dear Maxine....

it's a little easier to hear.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Right?

Right?

And that's a good analogy???

Grocery receipts don't really have the kind of info that our emails do.....

And until you can tell me whose emails are being pulled and looked at for whatever reason (you don't happen to have a list of criteria that the govt uses, do you, by chance?) , you really don't have much footing for this.

Neither of us know who they are looking at, so we can't assume they are looking at yours or mine. What I DO know is, they simply don't have the resources to read every single email ever sent, or listen to every single phone call ever made. We are talking billions and billions of individual records. It's just not possible, and they would be wasting a ton of time. Soooo, I would assume they are only spending time looking at people they have intel on from other sources.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's a good thing he prepped his lemmings and told them to ignore those who warn of tyranny right be fore all of these scandals started breaking.

Sadly, no matter how much we tell the Obarites and Rommulans that they will be slaves if they follow anyone in this corrupt government down a path of loosening liberty rather than increasing it those idiot sheople who can't think for themselves will follow DC into totalitarianism.

To many people have the Democrat/Republican mindset. It's fake, the leadership in both parties are on the same team; the discord between the two is as real as a Macho Man vs. Hulk Hogan backstage spitting match.

Don't "back" either side if you want your grandchildren to have say what so ever over their lives.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Don't forget something.....

How many times have we heard of databases getting breached ?

Happens frequently actually.

This new massive one could ruin innocent people very easily.
Those innocents will have little if no recourse.

And we still don't know exactly what "they" have used against anybody yet.

"They" will simply use the age old excuses:
"well somebody always falls through the cracks" .....
or "a rouge employee did something on their own" .....
or "well we are sorry but somebody made a 'mistake' ""....

Those are some of the standby generic excuses for failure.

edit on Jun-09-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Don't forget something.....

How many times have we heard of databases getting breached ?

Happens frequently actually.

This new massive one could ruin innocent people very easily.
Those innocents will have little if no recourse.

And we still don't know exactly what "they" have used against anybody yet.

"They" will simply use the age old excuses:
"well somebody always falls through the cracks" .....
or "a rouge employee did something on their own" .....
or "well we are sorry but somebody made a 'mistake' ....

Those are some of the standby generic excuses for failure.

And these things couldn't happen with the phone company or the internet provider or email service? Some nut who works for Verizon could be listening to your calls to find out where your little girl goes to elementary school, and figures out based on your conversations when is the best time to snatch her. You make calls or send emails, there's a record of it somewhere. You don't want a record out there? Don't make calls or send emails. Otherwise, there's always risk of someone breaching something somewhere.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You don't want a record out there? Don't make calls or send emails. Otherwise, there's always risk of someone breaching something somewhere.

Don't you think the "terrorists" know all that too ?

So do all the ones who use fake I.D.'s

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

You don't want a record out there? Don't make calls or send emails. Otherwise, there's always risk of someone breaching something somewhere.

Don't you think the "terrorists" know all that too ?

Well, they know now... thanks to the nimrod that leaked it.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Neither of us know who they are looking at, so we can't assume they are looking at yours or mine. What I DO know is, they simply don't have the resources to read every single email ever sent, or listen to every single phone call ever made. We are talking billions and billions of individual records. It's just not possible, and they would be wasting a ton of time. Soooo, I would assume they are only spending time looking at people they have intel on from other sources.

You underestimated slightly, it is trillions. That would be the number of emails that they are storing.
William Binney- DemocracyNow.org

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join