It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Colorado couple sues bakery for allegedly refusing them wedding cake

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
They were married in Massachusetts,

Exactly. So the cake they wanted wasn't even a wedding cake, really, as they couldn't have a real wedding in Colorado. It was a party cake. Even more reason for the baker not to refuse to serve them.

Of course it was. Just because they celebrated in a different state doesn't change that. It was a wedding cake for a reception. Did you have your wedding cake in a Church?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It would make Church a whole lot better If they had cake.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by hp1229

Both involve unnatural sex
According to whom?It's a free country who are you to judge what two people want to do in their own bedroom.
According to the lawS of Nature. I'm Just a normal human being/mammal
It is common sense not a judgement. It is built-in instinct

edit on 10-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

Oh I see so you're saying that in nature. Since it's a built in instinct.
No other animal is capable of homosexual behavior?

Only gay people involve themselves in unnatural acts? These unnatural acts are not observed in the animal kingdom?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by MalynnWhat is it with people comparing homosexuality with beastiality? As if the two could even remotely be compared.
Why not?
Why not compare Homosexuality and Beastiality? surely you jest?
Well why not? Both involve unnatural sex though the climax can be achieved. Surely there cannot be an offspring and certainly no re-production of the species from their relationship
You can love animals just the way the gay couple love each other. There's the loyalty, trust, compassion etc etc. Aaah...its the TAXES, BENEFITS and WELFARE issue thats been catching up to the already existing couples.

Oh Girl,

so ridiculous i can't even be offended to compare my relationships to that of Beastiality,

as far as 'Freedom of religion' is concerned, how far can people hide behind 'Religion' before it crosses into discrimination?

maybe hide is a bad word, use as an excuse for discrimination? when does it cross the line?

Freedom of religion is to practice your religion of choice, to believe in your religion, but not to excuse discrimination,

at the end of the day, he denied the cake because it was a "Gay wedding cake" he denied it based off of that,

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Both involve unnatural sex
According to whom?It's a free country who are you to judge what two people want to do in their own bedroom.
According to the lawS of Nature. I'm Just a normal human being/mammal
It is common sense not a judgement. It is built-in instinct

Oh I see so you're saying that in nature. Since it's a built in instinct.
No other animal is capable of homosexual behavior?
Only gay people involve themselves in unnatural acts? These unnatural acts are not observed in the animal kingdom?
I Never claimed that other animals are not capapble of homosexual behavior
Read my other posts on this thread
However I've never seen/heard about them raising their offsprings as a homosexual couple either

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

so ridiculous i can't even be offended to compare my relationships to that of Beastiality,

Chances are, there are FAR more heterosexuals who end up in the horse barn than homosexuals, if you know what I mean. And it's always the heterosexuals who bring this up... Hmmm...

And I like monkeyboy's suggestion of cake in church! I didn't have either when I got married. I'm not much for tradition.

Check this out:

I Can't Buy a Regular Cake Because I am Having a Wedding

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It's a free country

The guy might be jailed for refusing to make a cake. That is freedom? Nope don't think so. Is it freedom when a Catholic Institution is forced to provide contraception? Nope.

It's fascism and Totalitarianism we are veering into more and more. It's just that Progressives are veering it toward their particular beefs.
edit on 10-6-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MalynnWhat is it with people comparing homosexuality with beastiality? As if the two could even remotely be compared.
Why not?
Why not compare Homosexuality and Beastiality? surely you jest?
Well why not? Both involve unnatural sex though the climax can be achieved. Surely there cannot be an offspring and certainly no re-production of the species from their relationship
You can love animals just the way the gay couple love each other. There's the loyalty, trust, compassion etc etc. Aaah...its the TAXES, BENEFITS and WELFARE issue thats been catching up to the already existing couples.

as far as 'Freedom of religion' is concerned, how far can people hide behind 'Religion' before it crosses into discrimination? maybe hide is a bad word, use as an excuse for discrimination? when does it cross the line?
Freedom of religion is to practice your religion of choice, to believe in your religion, but not to excuse discrimination, at the end of the day, he denied the cake because it was a "Gay wedding cake" he denied it based off of that,
So he did. Because thats his belief system just the way you feel strong about your relationship and way of life. Whats wrong with that? Why the big stink by LGBT community ? People get discriminated directly and indirectly everyday regardless of their sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, sex etc. Laws are written and amended to suit certain political conditions.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

However I've never seen/heard about them raising their offsprings as a homosexual couple either

You have now.

The adorable gay penguins who adopted a baby chick

Gay Penguins Hatch and Raise a Baby Chick

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Darth_Prime

Originally posted by Darth_Primeso ridiculous i can't even be offended to compare my relationships to that of Beastiality,
Chances are, there are FAR more heterosexuals who end up in the horse barn than homosexuals, if you know what I mean. And it's always the heterosexuals who bring this up... Hmmm...
Well you might be right in your assumption/assessment. However just because we bring up the different sexual practices of the society for discussion doesn't mean a thing. The WHO brings up a lot of issues, diseases, pandemics etc. Does that make them an entity whose members are usually involved in activities of their subjects of discussions? Or a doctor or psychologist for that matter. Common now

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by grey580

It's a free country

The guy might be jailed for refusing to make a cake. That is freedom? Nope don't think so. Is it freedom when a Catholic Institution is forced to provide contraception? Nope.

It's fascism and Totalitarianism we are veering into more and more. It's just that Progressives are veering it toward their particular beefs.
I agree. People really think they're free
What a joke.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

You have now.

The adorable gay penguins who adopted a baby chick
Gay Penguins Hatch and Raise a Baby Chick
Hatching an egg is different than human pregnancy
Many species of birds alternate hatching their eggs as all it requires is heat. Ofcourse they were experimenting with someone else's egg and not their own
Ofcourse they wouldn't survive in their society. Its an experiment in a zoo where they're protected from other penguins and their environment is not their real environment (wild) that is.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

However just because we bring up the different sexual practices of the society for discussion doesn't mean a thing.

Oooo-kay. It's just something I notice time after time after time... It never fails, really. In every thread regarding a subject having to do with homosexuality, some anti-gay person brings up pedophilia and bestiality. It just makes me wonder.

The WHO brings up a lot of issues, diseases, pandemics etc.

That's their JOB.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Oh well that makes me feel better.

Obviously it's not natural for homosexuals to raise children.

Seeing that it is impossible for straight couples to raise homosexual children it looks like our problem is solved isn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Ofcourse they were experimenting with someone else's egg and not their own

Um, they're MALE. They don't have eggs. They "adopted".
I'm not going to argue with you about gay penguins. It's common knowledge.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

However just because we bring up the different sexual practices of the society for discussion doesn't mean a thing.

Oooo-kay. It's just something I notice time after time after time... It never fails, really. In every thread regarding a subject having to do with homosexuality, some anti-gay person brings up pedophilia and bestiality. It just makes me wonder.
So its wrong/incorrect to compare and make sense during discussions using different topics/anologies/issues that plague our society?
And if it surfaces according to your observation something has to be valid about that fact in our society shouldn't it be?
Why does it always have to be 'anti-gay' ?

The WHO brings up a lot of issues, diseases, pandemics etc.

That's their JOB.
So we can only discuss issues that is related to our profession?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by grey580

It's a free country

I don't know. I don't think he should be jailed either. The capitalist model should be in play here.
The gay couple is free to go elsewhere and the store owner should be free to discriminate based on his personal beliefs i guess.

On the contraception thing. I don't think it should be provided unless a doctor says it's necessary for medical reasons. But it's the law. And just because your religion may ban something. It doesn't give you a license to ban things for people who do not share your views. Freedom of religion just isn't for your religion it's for all religions or non religions. One idea or point of view should not deny others their rights.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Seeing that it is impossible for straight couples to raise homosexual children it looks like our problem is solved isn't it?

Some animals eat their young. So does other animals doing something mean we should?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by esdad71

You know, you are right, this is not just about wedding cakes. The same issue came up when Progressive activist and socialite Sandra Fluke decided that the University Institution which she voluntarily went to had a health insurance program which did not cover contraception. What did the Obama administration do, they invited her to testify before Congress to state her case, and to speak in front of the DNC delegation, then they proceeded to try to tell the Catholic Church what they can and cannot do. Obamacare forces the Catholic Church to do their bidding.

The Affordable Care Act requires employers to provide full health care coverage for contraception, though the rule exempts houses of worship like churches or synagogues. However, other nonprofits with religious affiliations -- such as, for instance, a Catholic university -- were expected to comply. The Obama administration faces several lawsuits over the issue.

www.cbsnews.com...
I'm sure we all remember the brouhaha over this.

It's the same thing. Progressives want the govt to force everyone to acquiesce to their varied demands, and then we end up in the courtroom.

Thank you! Holy Cow...we have a winner.Someone understands that I have, for many many posts said that they should have a cake but it is about the erosion of rights.

BlupBlup...yes, I am still here. I am a voice. You want me to be quiet as does the current admin. Be quiet and let us erode and remove your rights. You think that one group is more deserving than another and I say no. We are all equal. Just as they are fighting for equality for gay marriage this man wants equality for his religious beliefs.

The rest of the nation should do the same thing but instead they continue to blame George Bush for the state of the country and he has not been president for 6 years. Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian so you had a better chance during that admin for equal rights that you do now. MIchelle O made that very known the other day with her rant and not having some class and listening to a lesbian who attended a funtion held at a lesbian couples home. How blind to the control are you all or am I the minority in wanting my freedom, and my guns, and my voice?

Read a little bit of history of the country and how the government has always used special interest to push thru a law that would have greater impact. I will never shut up and give in when there is the slightest inclination that ANYONE, not just gays, are not getting their freedoms.

So basically, all of you defending the couple are saying that freedom of religion does not exist in America, or at least not Colorado. That is BS and you should be called for it.

PS - Gay penguins?
Do they get cakes like the dogs? Stay on target here....
edit on 10-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Nope its not solved. Its different, bigger topic and subject. Its Social Issues
Havn't you seen or heard about the high number of shootings, drug use, robberies, crimes

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join