It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: a plane hit by a UFO?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I get how we all have an opinion, but unless your familiar planes, flying, what can or can't happen hitting a small object at certain speeds, or if a pilot could land after a mid-air collision. I know right here in N.Y a pilot landed on the Hudson River after a flock of birds went through 1 of the engines and blew it out. It's called the.. "Miracle on the Hudson" If you weren't there, or have no real knowledge of avionics,then you can't Claim it didn't happen. The same way I can't claim it did.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ImagineAlldaPeople

They went through both engines. Modern aircraft can fly just fine if one engine is damaged and has to be shut down. In fact the engines on the 777 are so powerful that they can start take off with just one engine running, and get airborne depending on their weight.

The Miracle on the Hudson was an example of a crew that does everything right, and doesn't panic. I've seen aircraft a lot worse damaged land safely as well, including an Israeli F-15 that lost one wing to a midair collision and landed safely, as well as a pair of F-18 Hornets here in the US that collided and landed.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
agree... bird strike.!!

for example... when flying at very high altitudes (some birds have been spotted flying as high as 40,000 feet or more), birds can be highly reflective and, when wet, even appear to glisten like metal, giving them an “artificial” or metallic appearance. Additionally, bits of tin foil or panels of corrugated metal driven skyward by high winds and strong updrafts, falling chunks of ice broken off from a high altitude airliner, and other bits of aerial flotsam can also take on a silvery sheen and appear quite luminescent, making them occasional candidates for flying disks.

and check this out, Bird Strike Archive 2012 : www.birdstrike.it...

Originally posted by gortex

According to this its being reported as a bird strike .

This is a bird strike event, very occasionally Reporter contacted yesterday evening southern base of the China International Aviation and relevant person in charge, according to its understanding that, yesterday morning 10:11, CA4307 Chengdu - Shuangliu Airport in Chengdu, Guangzhou Flights normal take-off in about 20 minutes after takeoff, flight onboard radome was suddenly a bird strike, 'After the accident occurred, the flight captain calmly, in order to consider the life and property safety of passengers in contact with the Chengdu airport, follow the prescribed procedures the plane back to Chengdu.' In 10:59 yesterday morning, the flight successfully returned to the Shuangliu Airport, the passengers unharmed.
www.newshome.us...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Soaring birds like hawks and vultures are known to occasionally be found at high altitude.

A high speed collision with a migratory bird like a duck may be the source of the aircraft damage.

Close examination of the damage will very likely show a trace of a bird in the dented surface of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ImagineAlldaPeople

[

[ I know right here in N.Y a pilot landed on the Hudson River after a flock of birds went through 1 of the engines and blew it out. It's called the.. "Miracle on the Hudson" If you weren't there, or have no real knowledge of avionics,then you can't Claim it didn't happen. The same way I can't claim it did. ]

Flight 1549 Feb 2009, pilot was Sully Sullenberger. It was determined the aircraft lost all power due birds going into both engines. Loss of a single engine would have been a handful but going to a nearby runway would have been possible and likely from the point of the bird strike collision.

Text

edit on 17-6-2013 by whatwasthat because: edit quote

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

here is another one from this week, bird actually stuck in nose

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
NM

So birds CAN do that type of damage.

Learn something everyday.

edit on 11 18 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I've seen birds hit so hard they broke through the cockpit bulkhead into the cockpit.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Reminded me of this:
thepointsguy.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Isn't the same thing happened to the plane which was carrying some NBA players to Chicago? Its exactly the same.

Maybe, just maybe in my opinion those two domes in two planes had a pressure blockage and couldn't take any air in maybe and collapsed? Very very slight chance but maybe? Because if you get hit by something which can bend the nose like that would tear it. The only places where the paint is gone is the places where it is bent (the sides of the whole concave) which looks like the paint got broken. No scratch in the middle though which can be taken as a "hit". I say its because of the pressure of that compartment. They descend and no air gets in and low pressure sucks the nose in.

For the other plane Link
edit on 21-11-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

The radome is a solid piece, there's nowhere for air to get in. It's only fiberglass, and is one of the most fragile pieces of aircraft.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I am thinking about the pressure of the combined compartment. From the inside I meant. When it is low (not equal to the cabin pressure) when descending, maybe it can happen? Maybe its part sealed but can't cope with the high pressure when going low altitudes and after sometime it gives away? Maybe? =)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Good theory, and well thought out, but no. Those are impacts, almost certainly birds. If it was hail there would be paint damage, and they'd probably have damaged windscreens.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join