It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: a plane hit by a UFO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by draknoir2

You can find similar damage from hail as well.

Scroll down for hail damage

Just seems like it would be more abrasive... but you're the expert.

Just keep thinking of the Mythbusters chicken cannon and the frozen vs. thawed experiment.
edit on 7-6-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No feathers or blood to bee seen in pic.
Radoms as stated are very fragile and would be broken all to heck.

This has Ground strike written all over it...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

or bumped a non drone

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe J-Lo took up hang gliding?
2nd

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogMeat
No feathers or blood to bee seen in pic.
Radoms as stated are very fragile and would be broken all to heck.

This has Ground strike written all over it...

There are no feathers or blood on this similar picture of a bird strike either .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It could go either way on this one, because I've seen bird strikes with and without blood, but with the altitude that it happened, and the fact that the crew didn't see anything, I'm leaning towards hail. Usually with a bird strike the crew at least sees the bird or birds before impact (just too late to do anything).

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It could go either way on this one, because I've seen bird strikes with and without blood, but with the altitude that it happened, and the fact that the crew didn't see anything, I'm leaning towards hail. Usually with a bird strike the crew at least sees the bird or birds before impact (just too late to do anything).

Just when you say the crew saw nothing, it made me think again. Since the plane was still climbing the oblique angle of the hit could also have been something flying level or, something rising or falling when the contact was made. My question is what would be the possible atitude of the plane in that period of the climb?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Generally at that point in the climb the nose is only a couple of degrees nose up. They still have enough visibility that they would have seen something of substance like a bird, or weather balloon, or something like that, even if it was flying level.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Generally at that point in the climb the nose is only a couple of degrees nose up. They still have enough visibility that they would have seen something of substance like a bird, or weather balloon, or something like that, even if it was flying level.

That's much as I thought. Clearly all the black marks are the undercoating or self coloured composite but on the lower left, the top coat paint looks to be scraped off, whereas the top coat paint on the upper right is peeled but still remaining like a piece of skin or in fact a paint skin, so the actual collision must be on the lower left, while the upper right is paint peel as a result of deformation of that part of the nose cone from the force of the collision, while not actually having been hit.

edit on 7-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It looks like the plane either ran into something while taxi'ing OR something else hit it while it was on the ground. Another plane's wing perhaps...

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest
reply to post by elevenaugust

Here is other related Article :

Incident: Air China B757 near Chengdu on Jun 4th 2013, "slightly rearranged radome" at FL260

Aviation Herald

An Air China Boeing 757-200, registration B-2856 performing flight CA-4307 from Chengdu to Guangzhou (China), was climbing through FL260 when a large bang was heard from the nose section of the aircraft and the aircraft performance worsened. The crew stopped the climb and returned to Chengdu for a safe landing with a "slightly rearranged radome".

Post flight examination raises the suspicion that the aircraft may have collided with a foreign object, a bird strike was ruled out however due to lack of blood, feathers or any other bird remains.

exactly what I was thinking..

"where's the blood spatter?"

also.. at speeds at that rate.. I'm thinking the dent should have been bigger ...maybe ?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

It depends on the type of object hit as well as the size, angle on impact, and speed. I've seen fairly small birds tear huge holes in the skin, and eagles leave dents about this size.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What I don't get about the "drone" argument is: While it's touching that Americans need to believe their government has access to spy drones that are not only invisible to radar, but also invisible to the eye (as the conspiracy sites are saying on this same article) It would seem odd to fly such a piece of equipment in the flight-paths of commercial aircraft. And even stranger that such a super high-tech, non-existent piece of kit would lack the detection abilities and manouvering capabilities to evade a passenger jet. You can't have it both ways. If you take this as evidence that your government has invisible space-planes from the little green men, then it's also evidence that your government as crap space-planes that can't even see an airliner coming. You don't get to pick and choose. I don't know why people are taking this article so seriously when the headline suggests it was probably caused by Superman.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt
Probably a bird at 2600ft not 26000ft. Could be a typo

A bird 'right', must have been bird made of lead to give such a shape to the plane's front.

My guess before talking about UFOs is - debris or anything that may have fallen at this time from the sky (meteorite or such)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Like all the other birds that have ripped holes in planes when they hit?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
China discovered aliens
kuaileyishengjie.blog.163.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2013 by whatwasthat because: delete post

top topics