It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam: What the West Needs to Know (full documentary)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hey Wildtimes.

Sorry to fob you off to another thread, but I wrote on this very topic, a very detailed post over 2 years ago. It is REALLY long, but for an indepth look at the subject, I'd suggest you read it:
The Shariah Conspiracy
edit on 29-6-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Hey, I just made a post to you with some links as well. I hope you'll take the time to read it and get back to me. I will go and look at your older thread, too. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

you never tried, you just made it appear that way! Sorry for being harsh but i see it that way.

YES, I DID TRY, and you have no right to tell me what I thought before, or think now, or why I think what I think, or accuse me of "making it to appear" differently than I SAID I DID.

And I don't buy that you're sorry. You're NOT sorry, or you wouldn't keep lashing out at me.

I have an "indoctrination" thread or three as well - and I believe you've seen them. I've held up my end of the 'dialogue' with respect and integrity. YOU have not. You think you're the first member to tell me "I come across as genuine but am really a bigot and hater"????

Yeah, NO. You are NOT the first. It's happened in MANY of my threads talking about the negatives of religion in general - especially Christianity.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The thread I linked was in response to what I read in the thread you linked.

The video you speak of also isn't anything new. I had responded to it in a point by point form almost 3 years ago, I think (back when that style of jumpy flashy moving text became popular), I'm just having trouble finding that specific post now.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I just read your thread. I see lots of information there, but I had NOT seen it before. Thank you again.
I'm VERY glad it is now part of THIS thread.

The fact remains, babloyi, that LOTS of people DO believe in this "creeping Shariah" - including some Muslims, and that makes me nervous. I was glued to the tele when the Arab Spring thing broke out -
even now, I'm finding out more things about what it was really about....

I am fully aware that the media goes out of its way to portray the negatives about Islam and Muslims.
Did you see my thread "Opinion: A Plea from an exhausted Human Woman"?

It was the LAST thread I have made, and in it I tried to (again) relate what I'm trying to get across.

Sk0rp's new thread bugs me, because HE has been on the pro-Islam side of things, and now HE (a Canadian, I believe) is even spreading this "lie".

I hope you can understand how difficult it is to reconcile propaganda and "popular" sites with "scholarly Isam" - when there are MANY very 'intelligent' people saying VERY different things.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I can't speak for sk0rpi0n, but I feel he's getting as jaded as I am to the general trend here on ATS. The premise of that thread seems to me to be a response to those who use theology to justify the oppression of the Palestinian people by the Israeli government.

- He lays out the history of the situation as he sees it (WW2, West creates Israel in the Middle East where the Palestinians were, resulting in negative blowback from the locals etc.).
- He lays out the current situation as he sees it (Increase in muslims throughout the world, blowback by certain countries seeking to ban muslim practices, etc.)
- He suggests an idea: In a similar way that those who justify Palestinian oppression by saying "God declared Israel in that place, deal with it", he asks why those same don't use the same logic "God declared that Islam is overtaking the west, deal with it".

While I don't quite line up with his views (it is my opinion that despite the hatred and bigotry today, non-muslim western opinion of Islam and muslims will normalise like it has with Protestants, Catholics, Jews, etc.), I can't fault his line of thought.
At least as far as I can see, he's not advocating that muslims migrate en masse to the west to cause the downfall of Christianity or anything.
edit on 29-6-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
maybe this small video would clear a few things about Islam.

<< 37  38  39   >>

join