It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria crisis: France's Fabius 'confirms sarin use'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

well if your comment is directed towards me, first off I was repeating what crazyewok had implied in his/her post.

The UK and are just itching to go in there.
Only thing stopping them is the fact that 99% of the population would be against it so they are just slowly edging there, Eventualy there will be involvement.

Secondly, no I am not the PM.

Thirdly, the context in his/her post was not taken by myself as to be 100% accurate with their guesstimation of 99% of the population. The point that was being made is the MAJORITY of the population DOES NOT WANT WAR.

I understood that, I believe others would have taken the same understanding/sentiment as well.

As far a shooting my mouth off in support of fear/cowardice to the naïve or those who do not understand, well buddy your half right, for I am talking to those who do not understand what truly is going on in the world with GOVT's. And I am no coward or perpetrator of fear nor do I have apathy for another suffering.

So do not put words in my mouth, misconstrued/propagandize what I am saying.

I will let you know when I am alluding to something, so lets get straight to the point.

If you have ever paid attention to any of my posts, you would understand/realize I do not promote violence, nor have I condoned the murder in Woolwich.

What I condone is the MESSAGE. "Do not trust the GOVT, they do not care about you."

That is what I do not want people to forget. that is the whole premise motive for this murder. Yes murder.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by crazyewok

If 99% of the population thinks the GOVT should not get involved, then its the GOVT's responsibility to provide ample evidence to prove otherwise.

GOVT(Democracy) works for and by the people.

Is it in the best interest of the people to support any form of terror?

That is what you qouted. Why do you now try to twist and turn and deflect?

1. Shouldn't it be the supposed out of thin air '99%' as claimed and accepted by you be the ones responsible to PROVE such a fact, when foreign policy is within the purview and authority of the elected PM, as he has the fullest information, even national security confidential ones to make a decision, as to be able to protect the citizens from all threats to stability anywhere?

2. Should the people then support the Humanslayer continued ethnic cleansing - slaughtering of innocent men, women and children by the tens of thousands, by cowardly doing nothing or offering of any help to those fighting the regime?

You need not reply, if it is to be another deflection or another derailment to this thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The 'rebels' aren't normal Syrian folk trying to overturn their government, they have unlimited weapons and ammunition and a lot of heavy artillery. Do you think a few disgruntled Syrians could sustain their fighting for so long without outside help? Their attacks on their government are far too organised to be normal folk.

These are the same 'rebels' that took out Gaddafi, with their shiny new American guns and unlimited stocks of bullets. Jeez, they shoot enough of them in the air like they have a free unlimited supply!

It's easy to see what is going on here, and Russia can see what is going on too, hence why they have sent ships out there to basically warn everyone to back off. Why on earth do the UK etc want to arm these terrorists? They have a nice flow of weapons as it is, they dont need more weapons.

It was reported that the rebels used Sarin, then it was reported it was Assad, personally I think it's the rebels, and they are spinning it to make Assad look bad.

I know this website might not be to everyone's tastes, but go onto Best Gore website if you are not squeamish, and do a search for FSA and you'll see videos of them committing war crimes, and you'll see that the FSA are just a bunch of terrorists. Why aren't the main steam media showing them for what they really are?! We all know why that is.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

That is what you qouted. Why do you now try to twist and turn and deflect?

I am not twisting and turning and deflecting. I was reiterating the previous comment being made while discussing the topic at hand with an ATS member, and you have now decided to add your two cents.

Buddy all you are doing is attacking, and I am not going to get baited

1. Shouldn't it be the supposed out of thin air '99%' as claimed and accepted by you be the ones responsible to PROVE such a fact, when foreign policy is within the purview and authority of the elected PM, as he has the fullest information, even national security confidential ones to make a decision, as to be able to protect the citizens from all threats to stability anywhere?

2. Should the people then support the Humanslayer continued ethnic cleansing - slaughtering of innocent men, women and children by the tens of thousands, by cowardly doing nothing or offering of any help to those fighting the regime?

You need not reply, if it is to be another deflection or another derailment to this thread.

I created the thread and you are looking for a debate, and going about it the wrong way.

The constant problem with the world is the GOVT system that is in place and the people behind it running it and puling the strings.

You obviously have been conditioned to have the upmost faith in your GOVT officials who have your, I mean, THEIR, best interest at heart.

If you have something positive to contribute to this thread instead of attacking a small piece of rather irrelevant information with insignificant consequence to the debate itself, "how much of the population wants to go to war"
then I , we are more than happy to discuss the issue at hand with you. If not and you want to deflect and attack, take your hate somewhere else please and thank you

edit on 5-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

edit on 5-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
mach 29

The Syrian coup d'état of March 1949 was a bloodless coup d'état that took place on March 29 and was the first military coup in the history of Syria. It was led by the Army chief of staff at the time, Husni al-Zaim. Syria's President, Shukri al-Kuwatli, was briefly imprisoned, but then released into exile in Egypt. Al-Za'im also imprisoned many political leaders, such as Munir al-Ajlani, whom he accused of conspiring to overthrow the republic. The coup was carried out with discreet backing of the American ministryand possibly assisted by the Syrian Social Nationalist Party, although al-Za'im himself is not known to have been a member. According to Joseph Massad, a professor of Modern Arab Politics and Intellectual History at Columbia University, the coup was sponsored by the United States CIA [1] a conclusion in agreement with other historians such as Professor Douglas Little, and declassified records.[2] The coup is also described by author Irene Gendzier, who states that "CIA agents Miles Copeland and Stephen Meade..were directly involved in the coup."[3]

the CIA helped once again in overthrowing a government. to put in place one of their own to their liking.

But Prior to this...

In 1948, Syria was involved in the Arab-Israeli War, aligning with the other local Arab states who were opposed to the establishment of the state of Israel.[13]

Do you see the complication?

The US pushes the Israeli agenda that is why the CIA was involved in the coup in march 1948.
But Syria is opposed to the establishment of the state of Israel.

The US created this problem in Syria back in march 29 1949 which can be explained as " the first military overthrow of the Arab World."

The Assad GOVT is a by product of the AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY dictated by the UK(monarch) and Israel.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

[I am not twisting and turning and deflecting. I was reiterating the previous comment being made while discussing the topic at hand with an ATS member, and you have now decided to add your two cents.

You obviously have been conditioned to have the upmost faith in your GOVT officials who have your, I mean, THEIR, best interest at heart.

If you have something positive to contribute to this thread instead of attacking a small piece of rather irrelevant information with insignificant consequence to the debate itself, "how much of the population wants to go to war"
then I , we are more than happy to discuss the issue at hand with you. If not and you want to deflect and attack, take your hate somewhere else please and thank you

edit on 5-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

Normally I would have ignored hate threads such as yours, but in this case, the insignificant nobody me will take an exception and make an example of folks like you.

Once again, you chosed to deflect and derail from what you posted, and dare not answer to what a contributor to your thread and to your own post by your own words.

If such is the manner you attempt to spew your falsehoods, delustions and lies, do it somewhere else. Anti govt and anti rule of law insane websites abound, where irrelevant historical ignorant events are used, or unsubstantiated claimes are worshipped, as long as those insane comments do not differ from the majority of insane members there. ATS isn't one of those. It supports the rule of law, BUT leaves no stone unturned, using facts, evidences, logic and reason by at least most members, though not all..

Had you uncovered any unturned stones? Unfortunately no.

You had not only ignored searching, you had attempted to fool naive members on this thread with your ignorant beliefs and falsehoods over claims of 'love for peace'. If you had been a true lover of peace, then you would have known the irony of it, that in order to have peace, you must be prepared for war when all means are no longer possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Peace is tolerance of other race, creed, gender.

I agreed with crazyewok sentiment that the majority of the population does not want to go to war, they wish peace.

If any number of the population say the 1% that owns the wealth of the world and makes money off war profiteering, oppose the sentiment of the 99% of the population that don't want war, that 1%, are the ones controlling the rest of the world or 99%.

That 1% dictates foreign policy and economic growth.

So I understood and agreed with what was being stated.

Any delusions or lies that you so eloquently stated that I am spewing out, have only, only been accompanied by articles from media outlets or wikipedia to support such delusions.

Man need the law in society to be civilized. I have a problem with those in GOVT who have corrupted society for their one world agenda which only supports the 1% and not the 99% of the worlds population

Please

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Once again you chosed to deflect and derail this thread, and worse, using the ideals of the noble 'occupy' movement to sow your unsubstantiated allegations against the govt when the occupy movement is about the huge income gap while the syrian tragedy is an absolute different matter whereby actual slaughterings, actual loss of innocent human lives by the tens of thousands and ethnic cleansing on a grand scale is currently taking place.

If you cannot keep the topic, there is no harm in simply acknowledging your mistakes. By by deflecting,you had only proven your intellectual and integrity lack, which does not bode well for your credibility as a member of ATS.

Cheers and take care, may you reflect on my only simple words.
edit on 5-6-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

REMINDER~~~~~

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Members are reminded to discuss the topic and not each other....You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
BBC

Syria conflict: US condemns siege of Qusair

The US has condemned the Syrian military's attack on Qusair, a strategic town over which it gained control after a bloody siege.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said pro-government forces had clearly needed help from their "partners in tyranny" - Hezbollah and Iran.

A BBC team that visited Qusair found that it was in ruins.

Meanwhile, France said growing proof of chemical weapons use in Syria "obliges the international community to act".

However, President Francois Hollande cautioned: "We can only act within the framework of international law".

Lyse Doucet: "[The rebels] say they're coming back but they'll come back to a city that's gone"

Because the rebels have to destroy buildings in order for new infrastructure to be built by the new regime supported by the US, UK, and who ever wins the contracts.

Those are the international rules that need to be followed.

That is why they need to prove Assad used chemical weapons to legally finish what Israel needs them to, which is what they started back in March 29 1948 with the CIA.

The UN will with the backing of the US France and UK will push forward in their pursuit of Assad.
Hopefully Russia can convince Syria to go to the proposed peace convention to slow this invasion process put forward by France UK US and it's allies

FYI I spent almost year preparing to participate in the Model UN conference at the Hague in the Netherlands in 2002 Kofi Annan was the key note speaker for point of reference. Our school represented Oman(Lakefield)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

UN peacekeepers hurt in Syria Golan clashes

aljazeera

Two UN peacekeepers have been wounded during clashes between Syrian government forces and rebels over control of a border crossing near the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

The Austrian government decided to withdraw all 380 of its UN peacekeepers from the 900-strong UN mission area on Thursday after the border post was taken by Syrian rebels and then recaptured by government forces during a fierce battle that was still raging.

"We no longer have freedom of movement," Chancellor Werner Faymann and Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger said in a joint written statement.

"The uncontrolled and imminent danger to Austrian soldiers has reached an unacceptable level."

UN peacekeeping spokeswoman Josephine Guerrero said the withdrawal would affect the operational capacity of the mission observing a decades-old ceasefire between Syria and Israel.

"Austria has been a backbone of the mission and their withdrawal will impact the mission's operational capacity," Guerrero said.

"We are in discussions with them about timing, and with other troop-contributing countries to provide replacement troops."

Israel's foreign ministry issued a written statement saying it regreted Austria's decision and hoped it would not bring further escalation of violence in the region.

Israel has filed a complaint to the United Nations over the clashes near the Syrian border. [AFP]

Israel is complaining about a civil war, where the rebels are supported and funded by its allies. I guess this means they need more funding and tactical support.

Here is a couple of questions.

Why have a NEUTRAL force, the UN military, in a civil war between the rebels and Syria where there is only two sides. The rebels and Assad Syrian army?

Should they not have chosen a side if war has already broken out or at least have left the country already?

This is more political propaganda to influence the pace in which a push for an invasion on Syria by Israel's allies is more immanent with each passing day.

They first need to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that Syria used CW before any such invasion can take place and that they have full support of the public not the GOVT's. We need to be convinced that the Syrian army is too eating the hearts of those they fight against.

Which would be their own people.

edit on 6-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
BBC

Syria crisis: UN launches largest ever aid appeal

The United Nations has launched the largest appeal in its history - seeking $5bn (£3.2bn; 3.7bn euros) for humanitarian aid to Syria.

The UN estimates more than 10 million Syrians - half the population - will need help by the end of the year.

As many as four million children are in need of urgent humanitarian assistance, the UN children's agency Unicef says.

UN humanitarian officials have admitted they may struggle to raise the record sums they are now asking for.

Governments were criticised for being slow to commit funds to the previous UN target of $1.5bn for the first six months of this year, the BBC's Nick Childs says.

UN officials say most of that money - $1.2bn - has now been committed, he adds.

But, in Geneva on Friday, the UN said it had revised up the amount of funding needed because of the worsening security situation in Syria.

More Propaganda.

aljazeera

More than 94,000 people have been killed and some 1.6 million Syrians have fled the country since the civil war began in March 2011 after a crackdown on protests against the government of President Bashar al-Assad.

The number of refugees is expected to reach at least 3.45 million by the end of this year, according to the UN appeal.

Within the country, a total of 6.8 million people are forecast to need aid this year, the majority of them people who have been forced to flee their homes because of the fighting.

Syria's pre-war population was 20.8 million.

]"The credibility for the UN is on the line," she said. "[But] the UN is made up of 193 member states ... crucially we need those 15 countries on the Security Council ... to come together and work together to find a solution."

Regardless of the amount being asked compared to the population that its need for, The UN should have stepped up against the EU for dissolving their arms/oil embargo in support of the rebels.

The UN, by lack of action is in support then of France, UK, and their EU allies, supporting and funding these rebels already being supported by the US.

The Security Council's five permanent members have the power to veto any substantive resolution:

There are 15 members of the Security Council. This includes five veto-wielding permanent members—China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States

Syria's only salvation on the security council is Russia, if they still hold their sentiment against the "west"
I do not know what I want to say or am trying to say in a simplified manner for you to understand, how the UN is the problem and not the solution to this conflict.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Israel is complaining about a civil war, where the rebels are supported and funded by its allies. I guess this means they need more funding and tactical support.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

FYI I spent almost year preparing to participate in the Model UN conference at the Hague in the Netherlands in 2002 Kofi Annan was the key note speaker for point of reference. Our school represented Oman(Lakefield)

You did? your school was luck all my schools have being crap.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Only two schools in Canada did, Changed my Life completely.
edit on 7-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Syrian rebels urge global military action

I even had the order correct.

aljazeera

Syria's opposition leader has said he will not attend planned US and Russian-backed peace talks in Geneva as he urged the world to act over the conflict.

George Sabra, the acting president of the Syrian National Coalition (SNC), said at a media conference in Istanbul on Saturday that the opposition needed military assistance, not talks.

"Now isn't the time to be thinking about international conferences," Sabra said.

"What is happening in Syria today completely closes the doors on any discussions about international conferences and political initiatives."

He said that the continuing conflict was undermining the stability of the region and that the war would result in mass graves all over Syria.

Sabra said that he wanted urgent military assistance to push back Hezbollah and Iranian fighters who were rushing to major cities.

If/When Hezbollah and Iranian fighter get to these major cities it will be hard for these rebels to destroy these cites and displace millions more of civilians.

If/When these cities are well protected, no new infrastructure and I guess the oil embargo and arms embargo will have to continue when it is up for review again in Sept.

If/When the Syrian army gets a hold of any captured oil refineries the rebels hold, that is when you will see either a bigger push for support from all nations, or the oil embargo put back in place.

edit on 8-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: my bad

edit on 8-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
aljazerra

Israel aims to stay out of Syria's civil war, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said, despite its recent attacks on targets inside the country.

"Israel is not getting involved in the civil war in Syria, as long as the fire is not directed at us," Netanyahu told his cabinet in broadcast remarks on Sunday.

His comments came a week after fierce fighting erupted between Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces and opposition rebels near the UN-patrolled armistice line of the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights.

Sunday marked the 46-year anniversary since Israel first occupied the territory during the 1967 war.

Israel has conducted at least three air strikes on suspected Syrian depots for weaponry in transit to its Hezbollah allies in Lebanon, and its forces have occasionally shelled Syrian positions in response to shooting at the Israeli side of the Golan.

Austria, a major contributor to the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force, said last week it would withdraw its troops from Golan due to the worsening fighting in Syria, putting the mission in doubt.

"The crumbling of the UN force on the Golan drives home the fact that Israel cannot rely on international forces for its security," Netanyahu said.

He said he would raise the issue with US Secretary of State John Kerry, expected to return to the region in the coming week to try to revive talks on Palestinian statehood.

Israeli cabinet minister Yuval Steinitz said: "We are seeing now what the Austrian forces on the Golan Heights are worth.

“Israel cannot trust international forces and sometimes, as it happens, their presence during crises is more burdensome than useful."

Do these guys got some brass or what? Especially comments made by cabinet minister Yuval Steinitz.

Netanyahu is only going to push Kerry for more support but what else can he do?

Kerry has gotten the US GOVT to give $250 million this year alone, humanitarian aid to the "Syrian" rebels, has the backing of John Mcain for supplying arms to the rebels and has publically asked for $1 Billion in public support from other nations, for the rebels.

Israel complained to the UN about the civil war.

The UN asked for $5 Billion in aid. LARGEST EVER.

Rebels asked for tactical support.

EU suspends arms embargo in support of rebels till September.

EU lifts oil embargo to the refineries controlled by rebels. Supplying the rebels with "cash" to buy weapons from GOVTS.

Now that the Austrian army has shown the true muscle of the UN, with comments, "Israel cannot trust international forces" what else is left to speculate on how international laws are for the single agenda of pushing Israel's agenda forward by those who are allied with the state itself and those who represent it.
edit on 9-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Wake the F Up

aljazerra

Syrian rebels have attacked a village in the country's east, killing dozens of Shia Muslims, activists said.

A Syrian government official on Wednesday denounced the attack that occurred a day earlier, saying it was a “massacre'' of civilians.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said at least 60 people were killed in the village of Hatla in the oil-rich province of Deir al-Zour, bordering Iraq.

A video supplied by the Observatory showed masked fighters shouting, “Here are the Mujahidin [Islamist fighters] celebrating entering the homes of the rejectionists, the Shias.” The authenticity of the video could not be independently verified.

The fighters added that they “burned the homes” of the Shia residents.

The reported killings highlight the sectarian nature of Syria's conflict that has killed more than 94,000 people, according to the UN. Both sides in the fighting have been accused of abuses, with the UN saying that war crimes are a "daily reality" in Syria.

Thousands of rebels took part in the attack and at least 10 of them were killed in the fighting, said the Observatory.

In Damascus, a government official told the AP news agency that the rebels “carried out a massacre against villagers in which older people and children were killed".

Opposition sources told Reuters news agency that "agents" of President Bashar al-Assad had been trying to recruit and arm fighters for his cause, and the Observatory claimed most of the dead were pro-Assad Shia militiamen.

The fighting in Deir al-Zour came a week after Syrian troops, backed by Lebanon's Shia Hezbollah group, captured the strategic town of Qusayr near the Lebanese border after nearly three weeks of fierce battles that killed dozens of troops, rebels and Hezbollah members.

If you have read the previous articles I have posted I will ASSUME not presume because we are in the is together, that you can put two and too, to gether by now and see the madness that is this conflict.

These are the rebels the UK US FRANCE UN are asking the world to support.

Shame on the people of this world who let this continue.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This could be world war three if you let it.

America is now verifying what France has "proven" as their EU ally.

If you do not want this to happen, revolt, this is your demise.

US accuses Syria of chemical weapons use

aljazeera

The United States working with European allies has concluded that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons against
the rebels killing up to 150 people, a top US official has said.

"Our intelligence community assesses that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons, including the nerve agent sarin, on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year," deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes said on Thursday.

He said that the "intelligence community estimates that 100 to 150 people have died from detected chemical weapons attacks in Syria to date."

flippin flip funk

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Any one who supports the claim Syria used CM is part of the problem and not the solution.

I hope more of these idiots come out. FRANCE, UK, Israel, US, now Canada. High five Harper you stooge .

FYI when he called my house to send his condolences about my older brother being killed in Afgahn. Harper forgot and lied to my mother about meeting him Nick. Because he was special task force in charge of protecting Brigade General Vance.

Hey Harper, how many more feet can you put in your mouth?

Harper agrees Syrian regime used chemical weapons

cbcnews

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join