It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria crisis: France's Fabius 'confirms sarin use'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
someone, some people, please make this stop
edit on 14-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
RT

US to leave air defense weapons in Jordan along Syrian border

As violence intensifies in nearby Syria, the country of Jordan will hold on to an arsenal of American fighter jets and a sophisticated anti-missile system when a multi-nation military drill wraps up later this month.

A United States defense official said on condition of anonymity Thursday that the Pentagon will keep a fleet of F-16 fighter plane and its Patriot anti-missile system in Jordan past the expiration of the 12-day Eager Lion exercise currently underway.

Jordan officials confirmed earlier this month that the US would be deploying the weaponry during the exercises, but a source speaking to Agence France-Presse now says those items will stay overseas indefinitely.

“It was decided the assets would remain in place,” the official told AFP.

AFP’s report was published at the same time this week that the US ramped up claims that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons on his own civilians. The White House told members of Congress Thursday that Assad had crossed a “red line” previously warned of by President Barack Obama, and Washington is expected to soon start providing military aid to Syrian rebels.

According to AFP’s source, the US is seriously weighing an option in which American money will be combined with contributions from other government, including European allies, to give Syrian rebels a way of funding the acquisition of weapons.

“There would be pooled funds. That would enable other countries to draw from the pool to provide weapons,” the official said.

I'm frustrated, I am angry there was no military exercise, this was the plan all along.

If you can not read between the lines, learn how to, its not that hard.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

RT

The organizers of 'Eager Lion' say that the troops involved will also train for the possibility of a chemical attack, as Syria’s neighbors fear that Damascus may lose control of its chemical weapons arsenal, which could then fall into the wrong hands.

"We all have chemical training from any activity, so we continue to build those objectives into any exercise that we do,” said US Major General Robert Catalanotti, the Director of Exercises and Training.

Last week the US military revealed it may indefinitely leave behind the Patriot batteries and F-16s deployed in Jordan due to the threat of the violence in Syria crossing into Jordanian territory.

Jordanian Army Major General Awni el-Edwan, Operation Chief of Staff, told reporters on Sunday that no US troops, Patriot missile complexes or F-16s would remain in Jordan after the exercises conclude: "The drills have nothing to do with any objective related to what is happening in Syria."

“No forces will stay after the exercise unless there is a request by the Jordanian government to keep the Patriots and F-16 jets, this is a political decision," General el-Edwan said, adding that Amman has no intention to “attack anybody.”

These GOVTs cant even get their own story straight, so how can you? And you still believe them?

Trying as I may be from having the rest of you experience the negative side of your destiny without having it come to well, the end of the world. Let me help you by saving you the trouble.

Grab a phone book and a friend. Give the friend the phone book so you can be hit upside the head with it.

If that doesn't wake you up, or the vast amounts of incriminating evidence against GOVTS in power and their puppeteers, I can no longer be of an assistance. You have to want to need to help yourself.

I am willing are you able?

edit on 15-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: link

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

A very interesting development. Unlike Bush's lies about WMD in Iraq, these findings are backed by the UN and therefore carry greater credibility.

I have been undecided about the possible use of sarin in Syria, but this latest information leaves me more willing to accept that both sides of the conflict have used it.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
RT

US to leave air defense weapons in Jordan along Syrian border

You lost me when you used RT as a source. I don't trust Russia's government-owned propaganda channel, and neither should you.

These GOVTs cant even get their own story straight, so how can you? And you still believe them?

Ironic that you say this after quoting the Russian government's media channel. Why do you trust the Russian government? Why do you trust government-owned media in the first place? That's likely to be the least reliable source of information.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

They got away with it with Bush and it was too late to do anything about it unless you went after rumsfield, chenny bush, powell

and that was not going to happen.

This time around they have to play more by the political rules and guidelines/boundaries because of the amount of people who are aware of their tactics.

France brought up the reports/charges/claims to the UN backed by the US UK Israel.

The US is fighting extremely hard with their allies to get into Syria because they are losing to Assad, enough so that the North of Syria could be recaptured by Assad by the end of the summer and wasting the last two years on this conflict, perpetrated by the CIA to finish what they started almost 50 years ago.
edit on 15-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

A fact is a fact regardless of the source.. "do not shoot the messenger"

Id trust Putin more than I trust Obama

you have to open your eyes to propaganda and realize you ill get it from both ends.

Over the years you develop a keen eye for picking out the BS in news reports.

edit on 15-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

On Friday, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said that "the validity of any information on the allege use of chemical weapons cannot be ensured without convincing evidence of the chain-of-custody", and said increasing the flow of arms to either side "would not be helpful".

aljazeera
jpost

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel could notify Congress that he intends to keep troops and military equipment in the country, either for engagement or for contingencies.

There is one key word in that statement, Could.

All it implies with what The GOVT does and doesn't have to do because of what they "could" get away with

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Britain prepared for war in Syria two years before the crisis flared up, France's former FM says

sana

Paris, (SANA)_ Former French Foreign Minister Roland Dumas said that Britain had been preparing gunmen to invade Syria two years before the crisis there flared up in 2011.

During a TV show, Dumas said ''I was in Britain two years ago, and I met British officials, some my friends…they admitted that they were up to something in Syria.''

''They even asked me to join them in my capacity as a foreign minister, but I declined,'' he added.

He indicated that the plan of striking Syria had been prepared in advance long before the 2011 events, adding that the goal was to overthrow the Syrian government that considers Israel an enemy.

The TV show was dedicated to discussing the war in Syria.

French magazine: 'Jihadists' involvement in Syria much bigger than Afghanistan

The French magazine "Le Nouvel Observateur" quoted a senior French official as saying that the participation of French Jihadists in Syria is bigger that their involvement in Afghanistan war.

The French magazine said that the French intelligence verified the identities of 270 French nationals who are fighting in Syria, indicating that their return has become a major concern for the French interior ministry.

The magazine said that the number of European 'Jihadists' fighting in Syria ranges between 1,500 and 2,000, in addition to hundreds of Tunisians.

M. Ismael

Short article, direct and informative.

Keep the west and Israel's allies out of Syria

Help take charge in changing world events that only set us on a path of demise an destruction.

Use fate positively to influence your, why our, destiny in the same fashion

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

What do you say there was never any training exercises when the article does say there is?

A United States defense official said on condition of anonymity Thursday that the Pentagon will keep a fleet of F-16 fighter plane and its Patriot anti-missile system in Jordan past the expiration of the 12-day Eager Lion exercise currently underway.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Operation Eager Lion, a joint exercise involving 18 other nations with the US and their Patriot missiles and F-16, is not a drill, this is what needs to be in place for a no fly zone over Syria, protected.

This drill, Operation is to protect shipment of weapons to the rebels inside of Syria as well as Turkey and Jordan with the aid of the CIA.

Think of chess, think of risk, your setting your pieces in place for a strike.

Are these Missiles and F-16 leaving? No

Those fanciful accounts are belied by the fact that Eager Lion 2012 was three years in the planning and amounts to an outgrowth of the annual bilateral "Infinite Moonlight" US-Jordan exercise that stretches back to the 1990s.

American and Jordanian military officials said Eager Lion is expected to become an annual event in the region. The first Eager Lion, a bilateral exercise between the US and Jordan, took place in the summer of 2011 – when the world’s attention was focused on Egypt, Bahrain, and Yemen, and the fledgling protests in Syria were just another blip on the radar.

csmonitor

edit on 16-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
aljazeera

Operation "Eager Lion", Success

John Kerry, the US secretary of state, headed to Qatar on Friday on a mission to coordinate with allies on the next steps in Syria as the US considers how far to go on assisting rebels.

The top US diplomat was to hold talks on Saturday with fellow foreign ministers of Friends of Syria, which will also be attended by ministers from Britain, Egypt, France, Germany, Italy, Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.

Its easy to pick out those who are in support of The US and their leader, sorry supporter, Israel.

This article is just full of goodies.

"If the United States ... recognises one of the key Syrian opposition organisations, [Jabhat] al-Nusra, as terrorist ... how can one deliver arms to those opposition members?" Putin said at an economic forum. "Where will [those weapons] end up? What role will they play?"

The goal of the meeting is to be very concrete about the importance of every kind of assistance that's coming from the London 11 countries... being fully coordinated and going through only the Syrian opposition coalition," a US official said.

He added that the Qatar meeting was “in support of re-energising the Syrian opposition coalition leadership to work to select its leadership”.

I can hear Lou Armstrong singing only he changed the words to " And I think to myself.... It WAS
a Wonderful World.....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on 15-6-2013 @ 01:26 PM
Jordanian Army Major General Awni el-Edwan, Operation Chief of Staff, told reporters on Sunday that no US troops, Patriot missile complexes or F-16s would remain in Jordan after the exercises conclude: "The drills have nothing to do with any objective related to what is happening in Syria."

10 posts up with news article it is taken from. This is one week later.

US to Raise troops to 1000 in Jordan

US president orders 700 troops to remain after training exercise amid fears of spillover of war in neighbouring Syria.

aljazeera

BS BS BS see how they feed you BS BS BS.

THEY WANT BLOOD AND WAR

IMPEACH obaMABUSh

edit on 22-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
double post
edit on 22-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join