It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pauline Hanson to stand for One Nation in federal election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by MegaSpace

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by Sovaka

Id rather someone who actually understands politics--so YES, I would prefer Gillard.

I would like someone who not only understands politics BUT also can actually keep a promise such as NO carbon tax she pledged also i would like some one who can actually count NOT like mr wayne swan her treasurer who cant bloody count with economic figures.

Well, that rules out Hanson.

In my humble opinion Hanson had her time. Thats my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Hanson was a City of Ipswich councillor in the mid-1990s. Following her disendorsement as the Liberal Party candidate for the federal seat of Oxley for the March 1996 election, she was elected as the independent member in that election. Her profile increased dramatically later that year when she gave her maiden parliamentary speech in which she criticised immigration and multiculturalism, government assistance to Aboriginals and political correctness, and called for a return to high-tariff protectionism.

And what are some of the issues facing Australians today? Seems like the party was ahead of their time with some of their suggestions. But of course, even considering any of their policies automatically makes one a racist, xenophobic, intolerant, ultra-nationalist, right-wing, bigoted heathen.

On a lighter note, the One Nation party's website is an absolute joke. They should really hire somebody to fix it up and bring it up to the standards of modern websites.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Make fun of her all you like, but Pauline Hansen is clearly better at gauging how the average Australian feels about what is happening to our beautiful country than most of the posters here. Every day in the media there is another round of race arguments which is rapidly and very clearing becoming white Australia vs every other race in the country. Is it any wonder your average Aussie is getting royally pissed at the finger pointing, political correct bull we are getting rammed up our noses. I am not racist but every day I am made to feel it. And I for one can't abide just adding more of the same brand of pandering politicians to the mob in Canberra to continue this country on the same downward spiral. Pauline for one can see where we are headed. Wake up.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

GO PAULINE, give them sh!t luv..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunshinesmile
Make fun of her all you like, but Pauline Hansen is clearly better at gauging how the average Australian feels about what is happening to our beautiful country than most of the posters here. Every day in the media there is another round of race arguments which is rapidly and very clearing becoming white Australia vs every other race in the country. Is it any wonder your average Aussie is getting royally pissed at the finger pointing, political correct bull we are getting rammed up our noses. I am not racist but every day I am made to feel it. And I for one can't abide just adding more of the same brand of pandering politicians to the mob in Canberra to continue this country on the same downward spiral. Pauline for one can see where we are headed. Wake up.

From where I'm sitting you don't come across as the racist type at all...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sunshinesmile

lolwat? I'm Australian and I don't feel at all like there's some sort of race war going on. All the foreigners I've met love Australia and are perfectly nice people. So you probably have been watching too much news about supposed muslim uprisings.

Anyway I wouldn't vote labour or liberal/one nation. Both are on the right at this point. Our government debt has always been good, what we should be worried about is the personal debt, each Australian citizen owes about 50k in debt each.

What Australia needs is to kick out American businesses that just want to rob us. Like all hollywood/music/entertainment/culture vendors charge us 70% more for their crap. Also coles and woolworths need to get out, dangerous duopoly is dangerous. And # all these businesses straight up robbing people and lying to them about their rights under Australian consumer laws.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Starred you both...

I don't understand how so many people would prefer to have a Politician in charge that cannot keep her own word.
Gillard is the worst PM in Australia's history period.

I know we don't have a lot of choices... But I think I would at least give another the opportunity than to keep in the same trash we have now.

That being said... If I had a third option, I would gladly take it.

John "No G.S.T. Work Disabled Pensioner" Howard Was THE WORST Prime Minister in Australia's Political History PERIOD!!! Always SAID THE OPPOSITE TO WHAT HE DID!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I too was against Howard whilst he was in power, and being naive and young I didnt understand enough back then.

Looking back now, I understand more and see how his government was a very professional and well run party.

He got Australia out of debt. Setup the future fund which Gillard is trying to rob. Set Australia up for a brighter future that Gillard inherited.

Such an utter shame the Labor party has squandered such an opportunity, the likes we will more than likely not see again any time soon.

I wish Peter Costello would rejoin the liberal party as leader, the only man with enough brains to run an economy efficiently.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I never liked John Howard but had a lot of respect for Peter Costello. His policies relating to fiscal finance and running the economy were almost always on the right track. Of course while I didn't like Howard you couldn't beat the Howard/Costello team.

I think Julia signalled a downward spiral right from the minute she sat took power over Kevin Rudd's still jerking corpse. By the time he pulled the knife out of his back she was firmly entrenched and cutting off any support he had left. Now it seems that's going to come back and bite her when it appears Labor is in for a landmark loss at the next election and one of the few members who will likely retain their seat will be none other than, Kevin Rudd.

So what does that leave us with? Peter Abbot? I don't trust the man as far as I can throw my PC. Pauline Hanson? Things are so bad she actually figures she's in with a shot! That shows just how low the pool has gotten for Australia's parliamentarians.

Please explain!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by douggie60
reply to post by cartenz

GO PAULINE, give them sh!t luv..

I second this one, go Girl go, the greedy incompetent Muppets need a good shake up.
edit on 5-6-2013 by marsend because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join