It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Fatally Shot by Police at Cosco Handing Out Pizza Samples.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by flyswatter

Nonsense its just as easy to take them out with a leg shot. Common sense says cops don't always have to KILL the person. After all they are not soldiers but are public servants.
edit on 1-6-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

If you have never pulled a weapon and shot a person in real life, you are in no position to make this statement. On a shooting range, I am a marksman, but have never had to pull a weapon in fear, but am thinking I would shoot for the mass.

Even if they are pathetic enough to need a gun to police people,

They have an entire magazine of bullets.... surely one of those bullets couldve hit them in the leg?

Or even a 'warning shot' to scare the poor lady into giving up?

Why americans think guns are the answer to everything is beyond me and most of the civilised world...

When you need guns to enforce the law, Then you should know something is wrong with your country

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MongusePro

All right already, so she was wielding a knife and scissors, so the cops kill her. Great stuff. If they felt it was absolutely necessary to shoot the woman, why not shoot her in a place that would bring her down but would not kill her. The police are completely out of control and it sickens me.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The stun gun didnt work is the line for me.
I've never heard of a stun gun ,especially a police issued one ,not work . This stinks .

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by leftofplumb

Well that's following procedure and requires a minimum IQ of 95 ,which most police officers don't seem to have anymore .....

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree with others in here - stun gun must not have had batteries or the officer didn't know how to use it. Those don't just fail to work otherwise. They usually have batons. Could have hit her in the arm and knocked the sharp weapons out of her hand. This officer will be investigated. Unless things have changed they don't shoot someone one day and be put back to work the next.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfootgurl

Originally posted by Siberbat
I have seen people under the influence of meth have superhuman strength and resistance to pain. I have seen a 110lbs. person require 8 large firemen to hold them down.

Sure you have. Reminds me of the time I personally witnessed a 6-year-old girl on PCP. She flipped over several cop cars and took 15 rounds to the chest and she was still going like somebody had blown her a kiss. Twelve cops, each of whom weighed over 300 pounds, dog piled her and she threw them off like rag dolls. Fortunately, I managed to subdue her with a well-placed karate chop, but only because I'm awesome. True story. Bet you wish you were like me, huh?

You can make light of my account, but that does not change the fact that substances do embue great strength and resiliance to the individual. Having worked in an emergency department for over 20 years, I have seen such things personally. I've seen people in drug induced psychosis, restraints broken out of, and yes 110lbs. people having to be pinned by eight other people. Prevented people from harming themselves with sharps because the police failed to thourghly search them. Placed in situations where a staff member was trapped in a room with a very dangerous very violent paranoid schitzophrinic. The psychiatric unit in an emergency department is one of the most violent places I have ever experienced. I have had a former police office tell me that he had felt safer as a cop on the street than working security in the unit.

I contribued my comment to understate what a person under the influence of a substance could do (in my case has done) during a combative situation. I find your snarky response ignorant, inappropriate, and very offensive.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Another story where someone that wouldn't act right ends up with the short end of the stick. How about not approach police with a knife. But the wouldn't work for the race baiters of the world now would it. Common sence don't act like an ass with sharp # in your hand when there is someone with a gun around. Would you rather this be like the Uk. Look what happened there. Not only did he kill people but then gives an interveiw while people just stand around with there thumb up there asses.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It seems that the blood-thirsty cops will use any excuse to execute a citizen. What do you expect of steroid-pickled, armed, authority figures that always have the police department, and the district attorney's and mayor's office backing them up?

Why didn't the back-up cop who shot her with a firearm have a stun gun in hand instead, and use that? Seems there are usually multiple cops shooting stun guns at "dangerous" suspects -- even after they are down on the ground, held by several cops. To pull a gun and then shoot one of these Costco sample ladies "wielding" a knife and scissors is ridiculous.

These instances of cops murdering people have changed my mind on gun control. Everybody should be armed all the time. Clearly taking cellphone video footage of cops killing and beating suspects without cause is not doing the trick.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So this is pretty much a whole 13 pages of people who believe anything the media reports with two exceptions?

And these are the same people who don't believe anything reported by the MSM?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by Jefferton
I guess you shouldn't wave a potential weapon around threatening people.

Come on guys..

What was the weapon? a toothpick with a Vienna sausage on it?

Seems pretty clear what the weapons were, "Witnesses said she was waving a knife and scissors"

Both of which are lethal , can and have killed people.

may want to rethink that assumption because assumption's are the mother of all f---ups. why in one sentence explain the knife and scissors then file a report using the term "sharp objects" instead of just saying knife and scissors? which they would normally file as deadly weapons.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This one is not so cut and dry, she did have a weapon and the
truth is that in cases like that its never as simple as it seems
it should be, they may have had good reason to actually do this,
don't make the mistake of condemning every police incident
just because there are many of them abusing their powers
right now, if it is true that they tried the stun gun first then
that says to me they at least tried to make this a non lethal
incident but were unable to.....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

With the greatest respect, the op's post headline is designed to inflame anti police sentiment.

We do not have the full details of the incident, as per usual.

If the woman involved was emotional and waving potentially lethal weapons around in public,
then the police had to act.

Damned if they do something, damned if they don't..

It may have been that they could have used a non lethal shot to stop this lady in her tracks,
though, rather than killing her....But we weren't there ?

I do get a bit fed up with anti police posts on here, usually with inaccurate sensationalised headers to portray the police in a bad light.

They do a very difficult job, dealing with the scum of the earth, a job that not many people could / would want to do.

If you disagree with me, that is fine, but at least please tell me what the alternative is......

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It has bad written all over it. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it all happened because this lady felt like she had no where to go. Something set her off. This is the true failure.

I'm reading a sci-fi book about alternate timelines. They're each slightly different from the original. Small differences in events lead to noticable differences in the alternate timelines. It makes me wonder if in other timelines things ended differently because of what we'd think of as trivial things.

Maybe somebody said something seriously wrong in the morning when she woke up. Everybody acts like whatever happened HAD to happen and built up over the years. But I disagree. A sequence of random events might have happened over time that when added up lit a fuse inside her.

Sometimes people win the lottery but the reward is their own death.

I'm not saying that events over the past several years didn't lead up to this moment where she finally broke, but I -am- saying that very rare random events can make it worse.

For example, some guy might go through his entire life without a criminal record in one timeline. But in another timeline he's caught picking up a prostitute. He panics and tries to get away but they catch him. Because he tried to evade them, he's given a heavier record. As a result, his wife leaves him. For several years, he drifts through life. Then he loses his job and finds another one that's not so good. He stays single the rest of his life and never has a kid like he did in the other timelines.
edit on 2-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So the taser did not work on her. What would have been the next option? Mace? What if that also didnt work? Batons? yes, cause beating the daylights out of someone with a baton will be so much better on the news than shooting them. Then we can all hear about police brutality again. No different. So what was the alternate? Crazy woman swinging sharp objects, threatening people. What can you do? You cannot just wait around. Someone will get hurt. Take away the gun, the taser, baton, mace, what is left?

Shooting was justified. Period.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Can't use a baton to hit a hand so a woman would drop a knife?

Surely they are taught the baton can be used for more than just bonking someone on the head.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
"...waving a knife and scissors, threatening employees."

Instead of shooting her dead on the spot, why not shoot her in the foot or something? That would subdue her ass...
edit on 2-6-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Sounds like most people on this thread would rather the police wait till she stabbed a child or something before shooting.

Plus I don't think police are trained to shoot armed attackers in the foot...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
When 99% of criminals are that color and have super human strength I can see why cops unload.. The only race who has yet to get their chit together.
I am sure this person "ain't did nothing and was a good kid"

We are not given the whole story.. The Police don't just gun people down she was displaying TNB. And Got what she had coming.

Gs
edit on 2-6-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Gs

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When the race decides to stop acting like normal human beings it is time to put them down i'm sorry. I am sure this one was in college just like all of them.. *rolls eye's*

Gs

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join