It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Boy Discovers Meat Is Murder; Makes His Mom Cry..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Remember people call it love to ride on the back of a horse and put a painful bit in it's mouth to control it. They feel it is love to place a flying creature in all their glory in a cage and keep it to look at :-( there is such cruelty in human beings!
edit on 2-6-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

well, some suspect the octopus to be very intelligent; like maybe more so than people think, you know

I refuse to eat octopus myself

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Morality is subjective, and contingent on the perception of the individual.

so if i don't believe something is wrong, it isn't?

To you, no. It isn't. To me, or another person, well that is a different story. I would suppose all those heathen, hell bound people who dance are somewhat offensive to the sensibilities of some Christians and Muslims.

i figured moral relativism was a dying breed because of the obvious fallacy of two mutually exclusive things existing at the same time.

Being a business man, I live on the premise that perception is reality. Regardless of truth, the perception of what truth is....that is what matters. In this case, the perception is morality. We all perceive it differently. And since morality is nothing more than a mix of pet peeves, opinions, cultural bias, and the need to prop up an ego, its relative value can vary widely. As will its interpretation and application.

how can you say something is cruel when you also say "this is just my opinion".

Because we were designed to do it. we were designed to eat meat. Certainly there are studies that say otherwise, both pro and con vegan. Your biology is created to be an omnivore. The crisis of conscience certainly is annoying. and I understand where you are coming from. I have dealt with that already in my life. Around the age of 34, or so (if i recall correctly).

The rattlesnake bites. The beaver builds dams. And animals who eat meat eat meat. Our planet developed us in this manner, and working against it certainly cannot be healthy. Regardless of morality or conscience.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Everyone has their choice? Nope, in my opinion you have to be somewhat wealthy to be a vegan and live in LA, it's all about politics, trust me, some meat-eating actors don't like to talk about the fact that they eat burgers for political purposes which is insane.

People can choose to eat what they like if they are rich enough, but in my opinion, God didn't put a gigantic piece of meat on 4 tiny legs and not expect us to eat it. God Himself ate fish, so I would say it's all good.

After watching the slaughterhouse movie in high school I casually continued to eat meat, but I can see how it would make some squeamish, the kid seems bright though hopefully not basing his choice on some propaganda, which the viewer assumes never took place, but the kid could have just watched a cartoon filled with a theme of eating things with heads, I've seen such themes in cartoons.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pyramidikal

God is retarded. Life is life. You have no right to take life. Then again, you can go massacre an entire village of people, repent, and still kiss god's ass in heaven. With loopholes like these, who cares about ethics?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There are some control freak weirdos in this thread....

Why would you want to force your child to eat something they didn't want to? What's the point other than making them feel disgusted/unhappy?

Sorry that your parents were jerks to you and made you do so, but why take that out on your kids?

edit on 3-6-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Somebody told this boy that humans and animals are in equal standing in the universe which is totally wrong! Humans are above animals in every way. Therefore killing an animal is not murder, I know a lot of Americans love their pets and treat them like they were humans but that's because they don't know the difference between a human soul and an animal spirit. They are two levels of creation one higher than the other. What makes us higher? Well mainly the soul which the animals don't have and which makes us supreme, creative and divine in other words in the image of our creator.

in what way are humans superior? a house fly can process visual information so fast that watching t.v. looks like one picture slowly blinking out, and another slightly different picture blinking on.

you do not have the processing power of a fly.

can you use sonar to scan a human and locate tumors or other abnormalities? seems like dolphins got you beat too.

dogs and cats laugh at the human ability to smell. they think (humans must be so stupid that they cannot tell the food is bad).

hawks have 20/2 vision, this means at 20 feet away they see an object as a human would at 2 feet away. humans can't fly either, or navigate due to electromagnetic fields.

prairie dogs have a spoken language. a true language, able to distinguish between humans of different sizes, color clothing (individual words for colors, and sizes), different animals (they have a different word for domestic dogs vs. wolves).

are you as strong as a bear or gorilla? can you run at exceptional speeds? no and no.

where is this soul you speak of? i can quantifiably demonstrate how animals top humans in every way, now can you demonstrate your superior "soul" and why it gives you the right to cause others pain and kill them for your own pleasure?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm carnivorous, but if any one of my children gave me such a detailed investigation into what they were eating along with a logical conclusion, I'd be hard pushed not to allow him to follow that path.

There are moments in life that you need to step back and let fate take the steering wheel. It's when your toddler tries to push through that next boundary....and the sense of achievement when he succeeds. It's when your pre-schooler tells you why you shouldn't kill animals. It's that moment when it may go against your beliefs but it doesn't feel wrong to stop them....because you know it's right.

The kid was convincing. If it was staged.....great acting. I'd watch a movie of him.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Wow, that's a really smart little boy!! How cool that his mom let him make his own choice!! I love that!! And I DO come from a meat eating family, but this was so precious!!
TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

Your going to give your 2 yr. old kid choices about what he can eat?

Sorry but as a parent you tell your 2 yr. old kid what he will eat.

I hate liberal parents...not saying anything in regards to you but just in general.

I would say that it is entirely dependent on the reason for their choice - this is a philosophical reason - it would be wrong to make the child eat it. Regardless of your views on eating meat, this little guy looks like he has enough understanding to make a choice - and barring extremis, it should be respected.

If a child just doesnt like the flavor, or is just being rebellious - thats a different matter.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So this is a child "making a choice" and realizing meat is "murder"

and everybody is saying :wow and calling him smart (his mom told him what to say, thought him about what he said, a child cannot and will not make such decisions by himself, while his family eat meat like it's normal)

But when you see a child saying or talking about something religious, or how something is forbidden. you call it brainwashing.
hypocrisy at its best
edit on 4-6-2013 by 0SolidSnake0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0SolidSnake0

and everybody is saying :wow and calling him smart (his mom told him what to say, a child cannot make such decisions by himself, while his family eat meat)

But when you see a child saying or talking about something religious, or how something is forbidden. you call it brainwashing.
hypocrisy at its best

You presume that they are dishonest?

is that your jealous ego speaking? Why would you presume they are dishonest? Seeing that child speak....it is totally legit. Have you ever tried to get a 4 year old to go off of a script? It just doesn't work. And if it does, you have a prodigy.

So no matter what, this child is smart. Probably smarter than you.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by 0SolidSnake0

and everybody is saying :wow and calling him smart (his mom told him what to say, a child cannot make such decisions by himself, while his family eat meat)

hypocrisy at its best

You presume that they are dishonest?

is that your jealous ego speaking? Why would you presume they are dishonest? Seeing that child speak....it is totally legit. Have you ever tried to get a 4 year old to go off of a script? It just doesn't work. And if it does, you have a prodigy.

So no matter what, this child is smart. Probably smarter than you.

Thank you for proving my point hypocrite . If this child was saying something religious you would call it brainwashing.
btw Hypocrisy you just did it there. by presuming the child is smart enough, even smarter than me to think in such a way. But not smart enough to follow a small simple script. Again Hypocrisy at its best.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
double post
edit on 4-6-2013 by 0SolidSnake0 because: double post

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by pyramidikal

Life is life. You have no right to take life.

Oh good, so you're against eating plant life? Cool. I'm on a diet of rocks, myself...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When a lion kills a gazelle, it's not called "murder".. it's called "lunch."
Nature decided long ago that creatures would consume other creatures!

Humans are just guilt ridden monkeys who drift further from common sense every day.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
Not true - meat is murder, it is disgusting how much murdered flesh is consumed by humans.
Justify it all you like - but the truth is that is why men are so cruel.

This argument always drives me insane and makes me question the intelligence of the people spouting this nonsense...

Aside from the human animal, how many creatures including mammals, reptiles, fish and amphibian consume meat? Are they all considered murderers also??

I fully admit that humans tend to go overboard with their meat consumption, but then again humans go overboard on most things.

your statement is clear evidence of this in my eyes

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

When a lion kills a gazelle, it's not called "murder".. it's called "lunch."
Nature decided long ago that creatures would consume other creatures!

Humans are just guilt ridden monkeys who drift further from common sense every day.

When a human kills a gazelle, it's seldom for lunch. Systematically driving other species to extinction out of greed is a moral crime beyond murder.

Now, if you're talking about more practical uses for killing animals, such as eating them, then by all means eat whatever you hunt. However, don't confuse hunting with farming and massacring thousands of animals so some fatass can have disease riddled beef steak for dinner.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Well, if you consider our biological makeup, we're omnivores with herbivorous leanings. By nature we'd consume more fruits, plants, and bugs than we would meat, similar to other extant apes. But we've strayed pretty far from nature.

It is undeniable that killing is is killing, and thus murder. There are scenarios in which it can be justified, such as self preservation; When there are alternatives to killing for the sake of self preservation, however, the act becomes murder. Nobody is forcing you to eat meat; it is a choice. That choice makes you an enabler for the often horrifying treatment and slaughter of lesser life.

Personally, I don't have a with hunting an animal and eating it, especially when your survival depends on it and there are no feasible alternatives; it is only natural to do so.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
Not true - meat is murder, it is disgusting how much murdered flesh is consumed by humans.
Justify it all you like - but the truth is that is why men are so cruel.

If meat is murder why are abbatoirs not being attacked like concentration camps would be full of humans?

And why are "men" so cruel, what about women?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

All things considered, I think I prefer the reactions of my kids. When seeing a cow, or a pig, or even a chicken, they think, "Yummy!", and say so!

Animals aren't people, and killing them isn't murder.

Another question - why, if this was so real, was the video removed? Seems like a sure sign of fakery to me!
edit on 28-6-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: subsequent thought

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join