It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Boy Discovers Meat Is Murder; Makes His Mom Cry..

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Hopechest

Oh but don't ya know Hope? It's the "New Way" of thinking. We're just too old fashioned. Didn't you know? All children have the capacity to make their own life decisions. It must have happened when we weren't looking. I seem to recall physical brain development remaining behind the curve until the late teens to early 20's...but hell, It's a brave new world where such little details are of no importance.

You know.. this makes me wonder how the first generation of humans survived to breed. I'm not saying that it's a good idea to let your kids make choices like this. It is an interesting thought that I don't really hear floating around.

Anyway, this kid feels like this for now. I really like his ideology too. It's something about meat that captures us though. The flavor of the cooked flesh and seared blood. Ha, even in the Holy Bible, God is enslaved to his own creation hahaha. This kid will eventually eat meat. Depends on the strength of his resolve and abstinence. When I was a kid and I was told smoking is bad and can kill you, I didn't see why people did it and I questioned it nobody gave me a logical answer. I still don't smoke and I never will. It's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard of. Maybe this kid has the same resolve as me. Only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Thank you for your reply Char-Lee...

Personally I do not understand the lack of empathy that people have towards animals. Anything that is considered no use to use we kill and if its useful we keep it as a pet eat it or abuse it.

The love and bond a cow has towards its calf is no different in my eyes than the love a human mother has towards her child. We treat animals this way because we can. I think it is a type of bullying. There is nothing to stop us doing it so we justify its ok. I hope one day we see the world differently and treat life with more reverence and respect..

purp..)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It has nothing to do with pleasure. It has everything to do with me being human. You should ask the wolves the same question, as they would likely enjoy some steak, too. Humans are omnivores. Our diet is widely ranging. To compare it to rape is insane, and shows nothing.

A carnivore will salivate when looking at its prey.. Do you salivate when you see a cow in a field..

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by purplemer

Some people would give their life to save a clump of human cells with no life no brain, and yet have no feeling at all for the millions of abused lives that they eat.

we traveled to a trail yesterday and saw they have added about an acre of the small plastic boxes they hole babies to produce veal. The Mothers that gave birth are now producing milk right across from these boxes where they can smell their babies pain. They are all suffering untold misery and pain.

This is inappropriate. I typically do not eat veal (i don't eat it on purpose, but it occasionally has creeped into something I was unaware of), nor do I eat foie gras. It is cruel to produce it, and I will not consume it.

My rule, and the rule I have taught my sons, is if you kill it, you eat it. This implies two things: you don't kill needlessly, and you don't kill people.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdyam

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Christian Voice

Why is food unnecessary? Food is needed to survive and thankfully it is pleasurable to eat most things.

eating animals is unnecessary. humans do not need to eat meat or animal products to live. it actually shortens your life and makes you ib

so i ask you, why do you kill when it isn't necessary?

I would ask the same of you... why do you kill when it isnt necessary? Do you honestly think that a plant doesnt have feelings or a sense of sentience? Is it just because they are stationary and not "wandering the plains"that it is better to kill and eat something that is silent and immobile instead of something that is actually mobile. For god sakes there are even plants that eat meat...a plant that eats meat and bugs is laughing at you right now. every true vegan i have ever known or seen looks grayish and sickly... there is mobile meat on this planet for a reason and that is to eat,,,, Veggies and herbs are just sides and garnish for the real food. So I ask again why do you kill plants and eat them yet ask the same question of those who kill game animals and eat them as well? Plants grow and through their seeds have offspring,,,, hell they even have sexual organs do you really think it is more noble to eat a plant than an animal?

Go look in detail at how the animals are treated,. and how the plants are treated.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

It has nothing to do with pleasure. It has everything to do with me being human. You should ask the wolves the same question, as they would likely enjoy some steak, too. Humans are omnivores. Our diet is widely ranging. To compare it to rape is insane, and shows nothing.

A carnivore will salivate when looking at its prey.. Do you salivate when you see a cow in a field..

Rather than go into how far removed from the food processing as it relates to cows I am, I will sum it up in two points:

1. I am not a carnivore. I am an omnivore
2. Pavlov proved that salivation is a conditioned response where a sensory input becomes related to the food reward. How often do you think I have seen a cow as "prey", instead of a packaged steak as "food"?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Meat isn't murder, it's how the human race has survived for hundreds of thousands of years. We had meat eating long before anyone learned how to farm.

Humans are meant to eat meat, we're omnivores. It's a natural process to eat meat AND vegetables.

Kudos to the mother for allowing the kid to make his own choice, but his reasoning that meat is murder is flawed.

According to this argument, since people have always killed and warred against people, that is what is natural and so we should never try and GROW UP!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Meat isn't murder, it's how the human race has survived for hundreds of thousands of years. We had meat eating long before anyone learned how to farm.

Humans are meant to eat meat, we're omnivores. It's a natural process to eat meat AND vegetables.

Kudos to the mother for allowing the kid to make his own choice, but his reasoning that meat is murder is flawed.

According to this argument, since people have always killed and warred against people, that is what is natural and so we should never try and GROW UP!

You are confusing biological function with a pathological fault. Of course we should not war. Killing another being should be done out of necessity. Since humans should not dine on other humans (due to health concerns), humans should only be killed when they are threatening your life. Doing otherwise is unnatural, as nature typically prefers conserving energy (and thus fighting is done out of necessity unless it is willed otherwise consciously).

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Completely baffled by some of the replies in this thread.

ATS, you never cease to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I used to eat worms when they were still alive. And it was not through social pressure, and my parents certainly did not reinforce the behavior.

Anyone want to philosophize on that ?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I used to eat worms when they were still alive. And it was not through social pressure, and my parents certainly did not reinforce the behavior.

Anyone want to philosophize on that ?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Wow, that's a really smart little boy!! How cool that his mom let him make his own choice!! I love that!! And I DO come from a meat eating family, but this was so precious!!
TY OP FOR POSTING.......

Really?

Your going to give your 2 yr. old kid choices about what he can eat?

Sorry but as a parent you tell your 2 yr. old kid what he will eat.

I hate liberal parents...not saying anything in regards to you but just in general.

So you would've forced that little drop of sunshine to scarf down his octopus or else what? A pop in the mouth? "shut up and eat your food you little smart mouth, you're gettin too big for your britches!"

Parenting at its finest ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by purplemer

Some people would give their life to save a clump of human cells with no life no brain, and yet have no feeling at all for the millions of abused lives that they eat.

we traveled to a trail yesterday and saw they have added about an acre of the small plastic boxes they hole babies to produce veal. The Mothers that gave birth are now producing milk right across from these boxes where they can smell their babies pain. They are all suffering untold misery and pain.

This is inappropriate. I typically do not eat veal (i don't eat it on purpose, but it occasionally has creeped into something I was unaware of), nor do I eat foie gras. It is cruel to produce it, and I will not consume it.

My rule, and the rule I have taught my sons, is if you kill it, you eat it. This implies two things: you don't kill needlessly, and you don't kill people.

I respect what you are saying and clearly you are a person with a heart, but I would like to challenge you to look , I mean really look at the process by which most flesh products come to you. I believe people should at least be brave enough to see what happens from start to finish of any life they are taking or using after someone else does the dirty work.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

yeah, commercial slaughter is a disgusting environment. And I eat my fair share of such.

I also hunt quite a bit and eat my own game. As well as buy most of my beef from a local slaughterhouse. I happen to know their practices just because it is a small town. Still grim work, but as human as it can be considering. The work is typically performed by some young redneck kid who has hunting and/or ranching experience.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

he majority of your claim is substantiated on your own personal morality. With your preconceptions of morality, you have built a case to support it.

the problems with "morality is subjective". it's ok for YOU to not kill people, but why shouldn't i? i enjoy it. it's all relative, so there is no right and wrong....right?

It is cruel to produce it, and I will not consume it.

this is the basis of ALL animal products. cruelty.
here you go: www.youtube.com...

you don't eat veal because of cruelty, perhaps not realizing that the same cruelty is carried out on all animals. i did not embed on purpose. watch the video, then come back and say that isn't cruelty.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I am fully aware of how commercial meat is produced. I am also aware of how an individual can obtain their own meat without the nonsense you see from the various sociopaths who may be working in meat processing.

The behaviors you are disgusted by are disgusting to me, too. However, the process of life and death, and the circle of life are wholly intertwined. Being an omnivore means you eat meat, as well as many other foods. You can survive with either....and some may choose to eat one or the other.

As it regards killing other people...that is just silly. I am not going to debate morality. You are missing my key point: you cannot debate matters of morality. Your vegan argument hinges on morality. Morality is subjective, and contingent on the perception of the individual.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The kid just wanted to get out of eating certain food. I used to make excuses not to eat certain foods. He made a good argument woop dee doo. Kids are clever.. I really do not understand why everyone finds it surprising when children show how clever they are.

My brother used to say the same thing about eating beef.. then he discovered pokr :O

Give him a few years and he will be slamming down some burgers.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Somebody told this boy that humans and animals are in equal standing in the universe which is totally wrong!
Humans are above animals in every way. Therefore killing an animal is not murder, I know a lot of Americans love their pets and treat them like they were humans but that's because they don't know the difference between a human soul and an animal spirit. They are two levels of creation one higher than the other. What makes us higher? Well mainly the soul which the animals don't have and which makes us supreme, creative and divine in other words in the image of our creator.
edit on 2-6-2013 by frankky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Morality is subjective, and contingent on the perception of the individual.

so if i don't believe something is wrong, it isn't? i figured moral relativism was a dying breed because of the obvious fallacy of two mutually exclusive things existing at the same time.

i understand your position, but not what you're saying. it is too illogical for me. you speak of morals, but then hold that they are meaningless, laws open to anyone's interpretation, all being valid at the same time. how can you say something is cruel when you also say "this is just my opinion".

i cannot offer logical counters to a system that doesn't acknowledge logical parameters. this is not meant as an insult, merely reality.

things have come up in real life, so i must leave the discussion for now.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankky
Somebody told this boy that humans and animals are in equal standing in the universe which is totally wrong!
Humans are above animals in every way. Therefore killing an animal is not murder, I know a lot of Americans love their pets and treat them like they were humans but that's because they don't know the difference between a human soul and an animal spirit. They are two levels of creation one higher than the other. What makes us higher? Well mainly the soul which the animals don't have and which makes us supreme, creative and divine in other words in the image of our creator.
edit on 2-6-2013 by frankky because: (no reason given)

This argument is not even worth answering!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join