It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood says "too Gay?"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

" And it is very important to share the messages from Heaven."

But heaven forbid you actually go out and feed the homeless or visit the sick or read to a child or something. Clearly, you are so productive while posting on a conspiracy forum.

Hi AfterInfinity, hmmm, no offense,

Why criticize me, you're here. Do you realize, we can do both. Share the love of Christ the Father, God the Holy Spirit, Mary and the saints with their words in prophecy and help the the poor.

I share the Protestant messages too, there is one end time.

www.catholicbinder.com... yahoo groups - Seers 2

ft111.com... www.openheaven.com... (prophecies)

Bookmark these links.

love,

colbe

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You 'Love Me' yet you don't love the fact i am a Homosexual who engages in Homosexual acts? love is acceptance and you can't accept that about me, or any other Homosexual, so this 'Love' you speak of is false

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

He's such a hypocrite, right? Yet he can not and will not EVER see it. He's too stuck in his ways, all because he fears punishment.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

He's such a hypocrite, right? Yet he can not and will not EVER see it. He's too stuck in his ways, all because he fears punishment.

Ignorance blinds people,

i have heard this argument by many, 'Gods Love will help you' 'you need to finds gods love' ' gods love will help you with your sinning homosexual ways'

if he existed, wouldn't his love be accepting? wouldn't his love not make me go through the horrid life i've been through, and know since i'm in my early twenties i have multiple years left? wouldn't his love spread to others to aid in their acceptance? or is his love only to change my 'Homosexuality'

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Ignorance blinds people,

i have heard this argument by many, 'Gods Love will help you' 'you need to finds gods love' ' gods love will help you with your sinning homosexual ways'

if he existed, wouldn't his love be accepting? wouldn't his love not make me go through the horrid life i've been through, and know since i'm in my early twenties i have multiple years left? wouldn't his love spread to others to aid in their acceptance? or is his love only to change my 'Homosexuality'

Ahhhh jeeeeezzzzzz

You are still going on and on about this?

Didn't you already say you have never read this guy's book of faith and that you had no clue as to the nature of the material from which his opinions are being derived?

Now you are telling him what his God should or shouldn't be doing for you.

This thread is so incredibly full of ignorant ranting it is a good thing that ignorance is bliss otherwise you may all realize how childish you all come across.

The best part though is that you wont, because you all even admit your willful ignorance of each others' POV.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ignorance blinds people,

If you believe what you say why do you attack what I say? I said I believe that I should simply love you and believe that you will find love for yourself. This is what Christ said. How is this against what you believe? Stop accusing me of being Christian, I am a disciple of Christ, I try to live like Paul told me to live. To work with my hands and to love everyone, not causing any to stumble. This is what he heard from Christ, who was and is the Spirit of Love. And who is to come.

What have I said that is against you? What am I asking you to believe? God loves us all and forgives us all for the things that are done against love. This is what I believe. Don't you believe the same? I am not the one who determines what is right and wrong that is up to the father. I don't try to do his job because I don't fully understand his ways.

This too was the message of Jesus Christ, the savior of all men. All men, every last one. Jesus believed in universalism and so do I.

What Paul and myself believe about universalism is it should in itself lead to the evolution of man. If all men accept that we are all universally saved what would be left to fight for? If we came together simply to love one another, the evolution of spirit towards love, would we not find love?

The messianic age, the 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth if we will pursue it together. We are only given the instruction to love, the rest lies in the hands of the one whom created us.

What religion am I spreading? Is to love one another as Christ said a religion? Really do we need someone to tell us that we should love one another?

If you can't say something nice don’t say anything at all?
Sharing is Caring?

We say and teach many of the right things, but when we "grow up", we don't truly exhibit the behavior that we claim is best. If it is best for our children to grow up peaceful when are we going to teach them this by achieving peace ourselves? What generation will be willing to break the cycle?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Ignorance blinds people,

Ahhhh jeeeeezzzzzz

You are still going on and on about this?

Didn't you already say you have never read this guy's book of faith and that you had no clue as to the nature of the material from which his opinions are being derived?

Now you are telling him what his God should or shouldn't be doing for you.

This thread is so incredibly full of ignorant ranting it is a good thing that ignorance is bliss otherwise you may all realize how childish you all come across.

The best part though is that you wont, because you all even admit your willful ignorance of each others' POV.

i believe you have me misunderstood, again they were rhetorical questions,

no i am not knowledgeable of the Bible, and i've stated throughout this entire conversation you have every right to believe what you want, if he/she/you believe i am an abomination for the acts i engage in, you have a right to believe it, but i have an equal right to believe it's an ignorant view, and that it does nothing but view as intolerant

he/she said 'Because i love you' but that's not entirely factual because you don't love me being a homosexual and engaging in homosexual acts, but that is me, so to love me would be to accept me

read throughout this post, i have not attacked anyone once, i have not attacked anyone's religion, i say i don't believe in any of that so to preach to me is wasting time that could be spent elsewhere,

i can't comprehend where you are coming from?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Ignorance blinds people,

If you believe what you say why do you attack what I say? I said I believe that I should simply love you and believe that you will find love for yourself. This is what Christ said. How is this against what you believe? Stop accusing me of being Christian, I am a disciple of Christ, I try to live like Paul told me to live. To work with my hands and to love everyone, not causing any to stumble. This is what he heard from Christ, who was and is the Spirit of Love. And who is to come.

What have I said that is against you? What am I asking you to believe? God loves us all and forgives us all for the things that are done against love. This is what I believe. Don't you believe the same? I am not the one who determines what is right and wrong that is up to the father. I don't try to do his job because I don't fully understand his ways.

This too was the message of Jesus Christ, the savior of all men. All men, every last one. Jesus believed in universalism and so do I.

What Paul and myself believe about universalism is it should in itself lead to the evolution of man. If all men accept that we are all universally saved what would be left to fight for? If we came together simply to love one another, the evolution of spirit towards love, would we not find love?

The messianic age, the 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth if we will pursue it together. We are only given the instruction to love, the rest lies in the hands of the one whom created us.

What religion am I spreading? Is to love one another as Christ said a religion? Really do we need someone to tell us that we should love one another?

If you can't say something nice don’t say anything at all?
Sharing is Caring?

We say and teach many of the right things, but when we "grow up", we don't truly exhibit the behavior that we claim is best. If it is best for our children to grow up peaceful when are we going to teach them this by achieving peace ourselves? What generation will be willing to break the cycle?

i haven't attacked anyone's religion, nor have i called anyone an abomination for what they engage in

i questioned if love was acceptance, if so, to love someone would be to accept them for who they are, Homosexual Heterosexual Bisexual Transgender etc

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

If that's the case, one wonders why god made them the way they are. To condemn them?

There are over 1,500 animals who exhibit homosexual tendencies, so saying it is a choice isn't really an option.

3NLIGHT,

God makes no one homosexual. The "act" is an intrinsic evil. Homosexuality is a disorder, with the destruction
of the family, there is a failure between many fathers and their children.

You cannot compare humanity to animals. It's lame. God gave every person a soul, which is a part of
God.

Just curious. What is it about homosexuality that makes it worse than the dozen or so sins you commit every day? What if a gay person decided to trade in gambling or something? Let's say that placed his number of daily sins on par with yours? Would that make you as bad as a gay guy in the eyes of your god?

Cuervo,

I just saw your question.

There are greater and lessor sins, mortal and venial. 1 John 5:16-17 is Scripture support for Bible Aloners.

The homosexual act is a mortal sin. I do not think it is the greatest sin. Revealed in current private revelation, because of the times, abortion is the greatest sin in God's eyes.

When you commit a mortal sin, because many are not baptized I include these words, AFTER water baptism, God leaves your soul. He cannot return until you have confessed the mortal sin to Him. Why Jesus established Sacramental Confession (John 20:23). Do not die in mortal sin.

I shared the Michael Voris Youtube, the Vortex to show people do not even consider sodomy a sin!

p.s. If your parents did not have you baptized, tell Our Lord, tell Him of your desire to be baptized, He will help
make it happen.

1 John 5:16-17
He that knoweth his brother to sin a sin which is not to death, let him ask, and life shall be given to him, who sinneth not to death. There is a sin unto death: for that I say not that any man ask. [17] All iniquity is sin. And there is a sin unto death.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Love has to be Acceptance.

If you cannot even Accept the person for who they are then you do not love them you only love your fantasy of what you want them to be - but not the reality - not who they truly are.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Love has to be Acceptance.

If you cannot even Accept the person for who they are then you do not love them you only love your fantasy of what you want them to be - but not the reality - not who they truly are.

I concur, the word 'Love' gets tossed around yet the meaning is not accurate, especially in situations such as we are discussing

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Great way of putting it.

If you can't accept someone for who they are and try to make them change who they are, you do not love them, only what you want them to be.

It's very hypocritical to throw around the word love when they obviously have no understanding of what the word means. If you don't accept someone for who they are and the way they were born, you do not love them. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Rhetorical questions are not aimed at receiving real answers, they are designed to mock.

Let me attempt to translate the POV of most of these "Bible thumpers" for you. Your parents may love you unconditionally for all your faults. Scratch that let us delineate further. You may love your friends unconditionally and wish to see them succeed and live a healthy life. The issues would arise in the perceived notions of success and health between yourself and your friend.

Let us say your friend has an unhealthy habit per your view but said habit is not unhealthy from your friend's POV. Would you stand by if you thought your friend's habit would lead to a life of suffering? Not likely. Chances are you would make some form of attempt at curbing their unhealthy habit.

Your friend may not appreciate your attempts at "helping" them but it does not mean you love each other any less.

You can view this situation in a very similar light.

All that needs to be done is substitute "hell" with "cancer" and "unhealthy habit" with "smoking."

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Great way of putting it.

If you can't accept someone for who they are and try to make them change who they are, you do not love them, only what you want them to be.

It's very hypocritical to throw around the word love when they obviously have no understanding of what the word means. If you don't accept someone for who they are and the way they were born, you do not love them. Plain and simple.

Exactly, we should have accepted Goebbels for who he was and not tried to curb his habits or inclinations.

In mathematics proofs are made by substituting extremes and if you are going to claim a scientific backing for anything you must, by logic, prove that with the methods of science. The evidence for any physiological backing of "born that way" or "chose that path" is statistically weak and merely indicates a correlation but not causality.

Until the "hard problem" of neurology/ psychology is solved and proofed in extremes such derivations cannot not be used to justify any argument.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Rhetorical questions are not aimed at receiving real answers, they are designed to mock.

Let me attempt to translate the POV of most of these "Bible thumpers" for you. Your parents may love you unconditionally for all your faults. Scratch that let us delineate further. You may love your friends unconditionally and wish to see them succeed and live a healthy life. The issues would arise in the perceived notions of success and health between yourself and your friend.

Let us say your friend has an unhealthy habit per your view but said habit is not unhealthy from your friend's POV. Would you stand by if you thought your friend's habit would lead to a life of suffering? Not likely. Chances are you would make some form of attempt at curbing their unhealthy habit.

Your friend may not appreciate your attempts at "helping" them but it does not mean you love each other any less.

You can view this situation in a very similar light.

All that needs to be done is substitute "hell" with "cancer" and "unhealthy habit" with "smoking."

i comprehend your logic, but an Unhealthy habit and Homosexual do differ, i am still a Human, and 'Homosexual activity' is not a 'Unhealthy Habit', i can completely comprehend your logic of example, but there is a difference

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That is merely a difference of points of view, nothing more and nothing less.

In China having small feet was attractive to the point of women binding their feet and was a common practice. In America today we would view that as sexist and abusive physical mutilation.

You don't seem to be able to accept that other people do not have the same world view as you.

You seem to be obsessed with establishing a consensus that fits your view of the world, as does the other poster, and are absolutely unwilling to settle for anything less.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

In China having small feet was attractive to the point of women binding their feet and was a common practice. In America today we would view that as sexist and abusive physical mutilation.

You don't seem to be able to accept that other people do not have the same world view as you.

You seem to be obsessed with establishing a consensus that fits your view of the world, as does the other poster, and are absolutely unwilling to settle for anything less.

i have exhibited nothing of the sort. am i not saying people can believe in what they want? am i not saying people can have as many personal views and beliefs as they desire?

when have i ever claimed that the world must view it as i? when someone calls me an abomination because of my homosexuality i will defend me as a person, as a human as you and i,

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

i have exhibited nothing of the sort. am i not saying people can believe in what they want? am i not saying people can have as many personal views and beliefs as they desire?

when have i ever claimed that the world must view it as i? when someone calls me an abomination because of my homosexuality i will defend me as a person, as a human as you and i,

I read the posts of the individual who you continually claim is calling you an abomination.

They even addressed this issue and yet you refuse to accept their explanation. The have a personal view based on their religious beliefs that engaging in homosexual activity is abominate. They even took the time to explain that it is the action they consider to posses the trait cited above.

You fail to acknowledge that they are not calling you as a person an abomination. They consider your actions to be so. How do you not understand this?

You are confusing a trait and/or action with a person as a whole. It is as simple as that but you refuse to accept that there can be a difference between an action and the person.

In literary terms you are failing to distinguish between a noun and an adjective.

You keep attempting to put words in their mouth through wordplay rather than analyzing what is actually being said.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I read the posts of the individual who you continually claim is calling you an abomination.

They even addressed this issue and yet you refuse to accept their explanation. The have a personal view based on their religious beliefs that engaging in homosexual activity is abominate. They even took the time to explain that it is the action they consider to posses the trait cited above.

You fail to acknowledge that they are not calling you as a person an abomination. They consider your actions to be so. How do you not understand this?

You are confusing a trait and/or action with a person as a whole. It is as simple as that but you refuse to accept that there can be a difference between an action and the person.

In literary terms you are failing to distinguish between a noun and an adjective.

You keep attempting to put words in their mouth through wordplay rather than analyzing what is actually being said.

no, i fully comprehend it, i acknowledged the fact that they consider the 'Action' an abomination, but that action is me, it coincides with me,

i concur, maybe i am taking this personal, it does me no difference if someone thinks my actions are abominate or not,

indeed, it upsets me to think that someone can't accept people that are different, that religious belief teaches intolerance, and i know i have no knowledge of the bible, but what i have experienced, even a little in this topic it's intolerance of a person based on actions that are inherent to them,

if i said Heterosexual sex is an abomination, and my god preaches against it as a mortal sin, and i urge you to go to church, you are confused heterosexual, repent to god, save your soul

how would you take it?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Finally you admit that you do not separate actions from objects and that that is in fact the issue.

I would say you are free to believe what you wish and leave it at that. Believe it or not I have a significant amount of experience being discriminated against whether it be my skin color, gender, or interests.

I don't have an issue with people speaking or informing others of their beliefs. However, before I ever initiated an argument I would actually take the time to gain some understanding of where such a notion would come from.

If you don't take the time to actually attempt to relate or even understand where someone is coming from than you are shinning example of the height of ignorance and hypocrisy when you tell them they are wrong.

That is essentially all that has happened in this thread . . . .

Person A: My religious beliefs hold your actions to be deplorable!

Person B:
How dare you call me deplorable! Your God doesn't exist and if they did my life should be a cake walk! Your book is false and full of hypocrisy and I don't like it! It says I am going to hell because of the things I like!

Person C: Have you ever read their book?

Person B: NO!

Person C: Then how can you say what is in their book or know what it means?

Person B: I am a human being!

Blah blah blah blah blah

Person D: Person A is ignorant and intolerant! I do not tolerate intolerance!

blah blah blah blah blah

Person C: Get over it.
edit on 5-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah waaaaaaaaaa

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join