It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

My my, what an interesting observation/comment. Seems someone has been conditioned.

What's the motto of this site?????

Please investigate yourself before determining the truth or not of the statement.

Personally, I only read and trust new sources that only agree with my mindset/ideology.......makes me not have to think so much for myself.................

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

Is NBC lieing too? Or is that not news as well?

What is a news channel to you jimmyx?

This only Confirms that Obama hates the troops and wants them to suffer as much as possible.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...[
edit on 31-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

This may the surpidest thing I have ever read at ATS, and that is saying something. What part of the pulling forces out of Afganistan mean Obama hates the troops? Anyone who has ever been deployed knows the two hardest times are at the start and the end. At the start you do not have any of the large logistics tale that will follow that makes like easy and at the end that same logistics tale leaves. I suppose you would prefer a new way doing things where the combat troops leave first and the cooks and kitchen workers stay behind and make hamburgers for nobody. T

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Titles ARE SUPPOSED TO BE attention grabbers! The "CONTEXT to go with" a title, SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE ARTICLE!

Those are tactics used for the unskilled. Because they lack things, like actual information.

Plus, it gives their followers, a boost of sensationalism.

Title:"OBAMA CUT ARMY FOOD"

Sheep: "OMG OMG IMPEACH HIM"

In reality: "Freshly made breakfast is begin reduced from 4 meals to 2 meals and a 24/7 open sandwich bar"
while im back here eating leftovers, i'm demand instantly cooked meals!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Really in Desert Storms we got "hot" meals in MERMITE cans, that meant the elements were in there too if it was a windy day,but NO airconditioning. At 133 degrees food was able to be cooked without a stove anyway.just toss you MRE on the front slope and that will cook it.We did however get all the junk food we wanted( and THANK YOU AMERICA FOR THAT).
We almost murdered our command however when they said each soldier would be able to have beer at Christmas and it was O'Doul's.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hungry person will eat whatever is available and does not wait for chefs to cook him a instant breakfast.

But as usual, people get information for Biased news source(without reading what actually happened) and already ready to protest.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

All you have to do is read the post's on this thread and you will learn why they do these kinds of things.

This is the way of the progressive liberal is to make people become divided and fill the country with hate, its all they have to progress the agenda..................they sure can't use truth or facts.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ad Hominem much?

Why anybody thinks those dumb attacks won’t be called out is beyond me but you’re free to keep trying I guess.

OP – That is pretty disgraceful. I don’t doubt that it’s true. This administration has a deep hatred for the military. A hot meal in the field is a huge motivator…it really lifts the spirits and give you a little reminder of home. It’s a shame that this would happen but believe me when I say ‘the Marines will get over it’. With the smallest military budget in the US Armed Forces, we’re used to doing without.

edit on 31-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

liberal?, and what if it is the truth?.
don't write anything off until you know for certain if it is the truth or not, just because it's from a news resource you do not respect, does not mean it is a lie.
edit on 31-5-2013 by cwtchMahboner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

But as usual, people get information for Biased news source(without reading what actually happened) and already ready to protest.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That icon perfectly describes the situation.
Beating a dead horse.
Endlessly.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What's funny is all the people outraged at this probably have no concerns over cutting food stamps to single parents with a child....
But a soldier has to eat a bowl of cereal instead of a homecooked meal, and they get out the pitchforks, as long as you use the word Obama.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What's funny is all the people outraged at this probably have no concerns over cutting food stamps to single parents with a child....

Nobody is cutting food stamps! Especially this POTUS!

And sitting on your arse sponging off the system is a little different than risking your arse a thousand miles from home, don’t you think?

But a soldier has to eat a bowl of cereal instead of a homecooked meal, and they get out the pitchforks, as long as you use the word Obama.

It’s not about the hot meal….it’s about the lack of respect from the Commander In Chief.

GET IT?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Unfortunately, every news source we have discussed so far mentioned the military drawdown as the root cause of hot meals being cut. Specifically, it was mentioned in the title.

I'm not surprised that they did so. Those news sources are the very ones that are very reluctant to say anything negative about Mr. Obama, unless it directly affects them.

Instead, they threw in the mention of Obama and emphasized CUT HOT MEALS as a way to incite those that do not care about the body(context) of the article.

That is a only an attempt to insult those that don't prefer the same news sources that you do.

And it worked. There are responses in this thread alone that prove the headlines have just as much effect as the context contained within.

I disagree! Many of those responses indicate that there was absolutely NO interest in context. Their only interest was in "shooting the messenger", or bashing the title. You are one of them!

I stand by my assessment.

You didn't make an assessment. You only expressed a very highly biased opinion.

Thanks for the conversation.

You are very welcome!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jimmyx

Ad Hominem much?

OP – That is pretty disgraceful. I don’t doubt that it’s true. This administration has a deep hatred for the military.

if you read the articles it's obvious the Obama administration had nothing to do with it. It was the decision of a commander. sf.

FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading.

I love how you dismiss the truth so easily. I think you need to reread what I quoted.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Ghost375

Nobody is cutting food stamps! Especially this POTUS!

And sitting on your arse sponging off the system is a little different than risking your arse a thousand miles from home, don’t you think?

It’s not about the hot meal….it’s about the lack of respect from the Commander In Chief.

GET IT?

Most people on welfare are NOT abusing the system or lazy.

I really don't expect you to deal with facts though, seeing as you are still blaming this on Obama.

You're ignorant.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Ahhh, memories.

I'd take a T-Rat anyday over a mermite meal.

Of course, during Desert Storm, the only T-Rat I ever saw was the Lasagna. Still can't stand the stuff. I'll eat it if it is the meal served, but I won't buy nor make it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Those are tactics used for the unskilled. Because they lack things, like actual information.

Plus, it gives their followers, a boost of sensationalism.

Title:"OBAMA CUT ARMY FOOD"

Sheep: "OMG OMG IMPEACH HIM"

In reality: "Freshly made breakfast is begin reduced from 4 meals to 2 meals and a 24/7 open sandwich bar"
while im back here eating leftovers, i'm demand instantly cooked meals!

Your entire post is NOTHING BUT SENSATIONALISM! I reckon that's because YOU "lack things, like actual information".

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yep! That's kind of like you protesting against the source of an article that you obviously didn't read.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Having just returned from Over There...I can say that it has nothing to do with cuts or any sort of austerity...the military and our government knows nothing about making cuts or austerity. The recent decision to stop serving breakfast and other hot meals except twice a day has to do with troops being pulled out...30,000 in the next year or sooner...Marines will be the first to leave Afghanistan.

Does not mean I like it but in order to draw down a FOB, it is necessary to withdraw the support troops and civilian personnel to a point where the only ones left are those capable of sustaining themselves and that is the infantry troops that provide the security for the support troops. It is a problem because these guys will go without...even at the largest base in Afghanistan they have ceased the 24 service bars and breakfast meals....and it is all civilian operated.

The services are capable of operating mobile kitchens but it takes fresh food supplies to work best...hard to store the amounts of fresh meat and other perishable items on the go and since it is not available on the local economy its just a no go. Hopefully it is a temporary problem and everyone will be home soon...I don't think this is the case as we will not be leaving anytime soon if ever but we will see a large reduction in troop numbers and hopefully a large reduction in troop deaths.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Lucky you...lasagna...the only MRE meal I have ever gotten my hands on is the awful and dreaded cheese omelet...never failed first or last...in the middle of the line somehow it was the only one I ever received...now I think that is a conspiracy !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join