It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This just makes me sick to Stomach, how could they do this to our troops!
Make cuts som place else!
Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.

"This boils my skin. One of my entire shifts will go 6.5 hours without a meal. If we need to cut back on money I could come up with 100 other places,” one Leatherneck-based Marine wrote in an email this week to his wife and shared with NBC News. (The Marine declined to speak on the record.) “Instead, we will target the biggest contributor to morale. I must be losing my mind. What is our senior leadership thinking? I just got back from flying my ass off and in a few days, I will not have a meal to replenish me after being away for over 9 hours.” Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

nation.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Really?

I take headlines like this with a grain of salt because of sensationalism but if this proves to be true, all I got to say watch out Barry!

One thing I think we can call agree on(at least those who have served in the military) is Obama is a very poor Commander in Chief!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In defense of our leaders we really do have more important things to spend money on right now.

Like a mechanical squirrel...um....wait.....

+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

Is NBC lieing too? Or is that not news as well?

What is a news channel to you jimmyx?

This only Confirms that Obama hates the troops and wants them to suffer as much as possible.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...[
edit on 31-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Everyone whining about FOX needs to learn that the messenger is not as important as the message.
Here's a link to NBC because I'm sure they are so much more honest and unbiased.
worldnews.nbcnews.com... (ah, camaro beat me to it... kids and their fast cars).

And here is a link to a thread related to the topic at hand
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-5-2013 by BlesUTP because: because i felt like it

edit on 31-5-2013 by BlesUTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
850,000 dollars a year to station a troop over seas (official report came out last week)

You cannot find 5$ for a 12 inch subway sub?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Uhhhhh, because they give a # about them, maybe?

"Our troops" are nothing more than pawns to be sacrificed to play into a larger agenda. You think TPTB in the US, the rogue government regime in control of washington, cares ANYTHING at ALL for "our troops" beyond how they can be manipulated towards meeting the goals of the agenda??

What was it that Kissinger said? A prime mover and shaker, right out in the open? Oh yeah, this:

“Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” -Henry Kissinger

But as long as people keep enlisting, and WILLINGLY become those pawns... what can you do? Nothing will change, itll only get worse, until people wise up, stop ACTING like "dumb stupid animals", and give themselves some self-respect and start refusing en masse to serve a massively and blatantly corrupt rogue government regime.

edit on 5/31/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
WHY not?
"Soldiers are just dumb brutes, disposable instruments of foriegn policy" arent they?

i heard that somewhere before.......
Ever hear the saying
"An army travels on its stomach?"
Depriving troops of needed protien could affect their alert status among other things.....Imagine what its like operating at those altitudes where they even need to modify the helicopters to fly in the thin cold air.......
The more they screw the troops, the more likely theyll take sides with those who wish to end the blatant corruption in the Government
So its looking up really...

edit on 31-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Here are more sources

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Jimmyx is only trying to discredit fox new in a poor attempt to deflect any blame away from his dear leader ObaMao
edit on 31-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

This is an old news, about 5 months old....
Old News.

And they are not cutting meals, they just don't have cooks making fresh breakfast. Now they have to eat like we do back home, like cereals and bacon and eggs from fridge.

Sensationalism is on hella of a drug.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Don't get this twisted, folks.
The troops aren't gonna starve. They're just losing their hot meal. In lieu of that they're gonna have to eat another crappy MRE.

As the soldier's email said, it is Morale that this is gonna hurt. And in a big time way.

Obama is a freakin' idiot.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Make cuts som place else!
Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.

"This boils my skin. One of my entire shifts will go 6.5 hours without a meal. If we need to cut back on money I could come up with 100 other places,” one Leatherneck-based Marine wrote in an email this week to his wife and shared with NBC News. (The Marine declined to speak on the record.) “Instead, we will target the biggest contributor to morale. I must be losing my mind. What is our senior leadership thinking? I just got back from flying my ass off and in a few days, I will not have a meal to replenish me after being away for over 9 hours.” Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

nation.foxnews.com...

Another good reason to NOT volunteer. Why the hell are we still over there? Why the bell did we let the Govt send our troops over there?

Ther simple answer is we should never have allowed the war to happen. We were all too hopped up with anger and yet blind to the real reasons why the US fights wars.

I say we re-instate the draft.

+14 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No. The Obama Administration is not taking away hot meals from troops.

Our forces are leaving theater and returning home. The cooks are the first to get on the plane, not the infantry. The support guys always go home first. No cooks=fewer hot meals.

When I was in Iraq in 2003 we never had more than 2 hot meals in a day. And one was just hot egg loaf for breakfast. Anything else we ate came from MRE's. Where was the outrage then? Marines are used to crappy food. The president is not trying to starve our troops. This is how it always happens.

Don't Panic.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
An outrage if the story is true.What must be going through the military minds right now.Abandonment and betrayal comes to mind.
edit on 31-5-2013 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The soldiers will probably get healthier. I am sure that the food they are giving them is highly processed and treated with all sorts of bad chemistry.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
For anyone doubting this...I'd wrote a thread about this very thing myself not that long ago and part of what I sourced then was Stars and Stripes with Pentagon Press Statements. It was the Army then, as I recall ..It's been a month or two. Same thing but for the outlaying bases. Sequestration....draw down for re-sorting forces after 2014.. Several reasons.

Now it's Marines? Hmmm.....

Now, of course no one is going to starve. That isn't the point though. Morale is a critical thing in any Army, world wide and through history. Warm breakfast is a morale thing when it's a feasible thing to do....and taking what already exists is pretty cheesy in my opinion. That's just a needless degrade of morale over time. Especially for those who will have known what they lost until the next rotation.

Anything to make the guys just a hair less comfy.

link   
This is awful, but please tell me!

Michelle still gets her 4 lobsters a day right?

Yeah?

Whew, crisis averted.

+15 more 
link   
What a headline!

Folks, according to the various articles, the base currently operates 4 hot meals a day plus a 24hr sandwich bar.

This is going to be scaled down to elminating the sandwich bar and going to 2 hots per day. Why?

Keep in mind that the goal is complete drawdown, and withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2014. THis is all part of the process of redeploying assets from the theater back to the US.

Support units, have a considerable amount of equipment, that needs to be inventoried, cleaned, packed, put on rail or tarmac for transport etc etc..

This takes alot of time, months even..

Hell, it took nearly 21/2 months for my unit to have a "hot meal" when we arrived in Saudi for Desert Shield.. sure we bitched and moaned about 2 MRE's per day, but noone starved.. it's just part of the process.

We should be pleased at this news, for me it sends a message that they are actually starting to bring the folks home.

Hang in there Marines!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join