Obama Administartion CUTS HOT MEALS for Troops serving in Afghanistan!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh well. They shouldn't be occupying a country that is not their own. They also shouldn't' be killing people. I could care less.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
No. The Obama Administration is not taking away hot meals from troops.

Our forces are leaving theater and returning home. The cooks are the first to get on the plane, not the infantry. The support guys always go home first. No cooks=fewer hot meals.

Then this is a celebratory thing, no?

That is until those troops get sent back out to Syria.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Context is key folks!
I can't stress this enough.

If you look past the sensationalism of the Obamagate crowd. You will see that this change is aimed at forward operating bases in a country that we are trying to get out of. Main bases are not affected by this.

I suggest you all read into this and make a rational decision on your own. And don't just be a parrot for FOX News.
dig deeper.

All hail the King baby!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

US gov. sends millions of $$ to foreign backed terrorists in Syria in the name of Humanitarian aid but declines to give meal to its own soldier ? Whats going on ?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by jimmyx
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

Is NBC lieing too? Or is that not news as well?

What is a news channel to you jimmyx?

This only Confirms that Obama hates the troops and wants them to suffer as much as possible.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...[
edit on 31-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

God, I hope that was sarcasm for your sake..

You know what the difference is between the Fox story and NBC story - the word "Obama". They will take any and all opportunity to take any potentially negative thing even extremely remotely related to Obama and tie it directly to him and his administration. The fact of the matter is is that this is part of larger plan to draw down troops in Afghanistan, and this detail was likely drawn up by someone much further down the ladder. It's not as if Obama was in the Whitehouse going over his todo list and said "you know what, take a hot meal away from the troops - yeah, i like that", as Fox and others here would want you to believe... ugh..

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by jimmyx
FOXNEWS?....no further reading needed, it's a lie or it's misleading. the very title is a clue. I would use FOX for news, as I would use home shopping network for news.

Is NBC lieing too? Or is that not news as well?

What is a news channel to you jimmyx?

This only Confirms that Obama hates the troops and wants them to suffer as much as possible.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...[
edit on 31-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

no...i'll go with misleading...in the article, it states instead of 4 cooked meals a day, they will get 3 cooked meals a day, and the (4th) "midrats" will be MRE's. they go on to further state that with the drawdown happening, support personal are pulled out first, and the last out are the actual combat personal.....and of course.....YOU say Obama hates the troops, and wants them to suffer as much as possible.
so, i'll take what you are intending to suggest to it's logical conclusion...you want a full compliment of support personal for the troops.....draw down all the troops first, and then on the last trucks and planes out, that's when you load up the 100% of support personal that are left.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
This just makes me sick to Stomach, how could they do this to our troops!
Make cuts som place else!
Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.

"This boils my skin. One of my entire shifts will go 6.5 hours without a meal. If we need to cut back on money I could come up with 100 other places,” one Leatherneck-based Marine wrote in an email this week to his wife and shared with NBC News. (The Marine declined to speak on the record.) “Instead, we will target the biggest contributor to morale. I must be losing my mind. What is our senior leadership thinking? I just got back from flying my ass off and in a few days, I will not have a meal to replenish me after being away for over 9 hours.” Read more: nation.foxnews.com...

nation.foxnews.com...

Before you go and get your panties in a bunch I will tell you exactly why this is happening. The bases in Afghanistan are shutting down because we are slowly leaving the country. There was an article about this a while back with the Army and it is the same situation. They are slowly cutting back on services as bases around the region close. I am speaking from first-hand experience as I was in the US Air Force and experienced it first hand when we were station in Kyrgyzstan. As the base starts winding down, eventually the large kitchens required to put out hot meals have to wind down as well... unfortunately, they are not usually the last thing to go because they require a lot of preparation work to take down and dismantle. As someone also mentioned, support personnel are the first people to leave a forward operating base; the services suffer when there is no one there to provide them.

So, I understand how a lot of you want to trash the President and the administration for this but it is a matter of logistics. The people who are here bashing the administration are probably the loudest advocates for us to be out of the region entirely... can't have it both ways!
edit on 31-5-2013 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Context is key folks!
I can't stress this enough.

If you look past the sensationalism of the Obamagate crowd. You will see that this change is aimed at forward operating bases in a country that we are trying to get out of. Main bases are not affected by this.

I suggest you all read into this and make a rational decision on your own. And don't just be a parrot for FOX News.
dig deeper.

All hail the King baby!

nice post....and this kind of crap has been coming out of FOX NEWS ever since Obama was elected...
where are the headlines....REPUBLICANS PUTTING MILLIONS OF POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS OUT OF WORK!!....guess you won't see that headline on FOX NEWS
edit on 31-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
This just makes me sick to Stomach, how could they do this to our troops!

Uhhhhh, because they give a # about them, maybe?

"Our troops" are nothing more than pawns to be sacrificed to play into a larger agenda. You think TPTB in the US, the rogue government regime in control of washington, cares ANYTHING at ALL for "our troops" beyond how they can be manipulated towards meeting the goals of the agenda??

What was it that Kissinger said? A prime mover and shaker, right out in the open? Oh yeah, this:

“Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” -Henry Kissinger

But as long as people keep enlisting, and WILLINGLY become those pawns... what can you do? Nothing will change, itll only get worse, until people wise up, stop ACTING like "dumb stupid animals", and give themselves some self-respect and start refusing en masse to serve a massively and blatantly corrupt rogue government regime.

edit on 5/31/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

And as long as these kids continue to sign up to go "fight for freedom" nothing will change.

It's incredible how people actually think we have an accountable government that care about it's people; whether in the military or not.

That quote from Kissinger is the attitude of our current politicians to basically everyone. But hey, this new "Obama is destroying Amerika" trend is too hot right now for people to realize our government was hijacked long, long ago.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I see it being more covert then what is being said. If you want people to drop out of a job, remove the perks. Then what you have left are the die hard individuals who want to be there. Train them up to be your personal loyal to the end guards. When the masses ask "please sir we are starving" have your loyal guards open fire. Do you really expect this soldier who wrote the email, to sign right back up to do another tour? Even better is the fact that as they soldiers drop out they then take over crappier jobs. Not enough work for those who aren't in the army, add another 100,000 unemployed ex military soldiers to that and you have an even bigger issue. Oh and where will the budget be for all those returning soldiers to apply for psychiatric help? So instead of (i don't know the exact numbers) 10 soldiers killing themselves per month. Triple or quadruple that number.... Once all the ex soldiers are gone and or taken care of. No one really wants to join the forces and learn how to use weapons. What's to stop the government from storming into your house with loyalist forces and stripping you of all your rights? Die hard hungry loyal to the new emperor, willing to go to extremes to do the job. These people will shoot you if you resist. Now granted they wont ever take out all the ex soldiers, but there will be so few of them left that they wont be a problem.

As an add on to my theory, doesn't really fit into the OP but its part of my theory. Have you ever noticed apart from growing your own veggies, that they are expensive. Poor people have a better chance to buy a happy meal and a bag of chips at the same price as a small salad. Now granted you get more full on the happy meal and chips. They aren't healthy. So when you're fat, lazy and poor; and the government sends in their shock troops. What do you really expect to happen? Do you see yourself fighting hand to hand combat with your athletic strong people? If you don't die of a heart attack first. You will be either shot for resisting the new emperor's rule and stripped of your rights, or rounded up and carted off to be dealt with later.

Just my theory as i stated. No need to worry, remain calm and carry on. Life is slowly falling into the place they want it to be.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

What?! It's not enough that this and the past administration has used our troops as cannon fodder and corporate thugs in wars for profit with out making due with their benefits, now they're taking away much needed sustenance.
I'm at a loss for words..well not really but I want my post to stay up.
edit on 31-5-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So I read the sources, including NBC and such, and I think it's safe to say that Fox did use a misleading title.

It's quite easy to see. They first USE ALL CAPS to highlight that hot meals are going to be cut....to our troops! Without any context to go with it, that alone can get people worked up.

They also attach the Obama name to it as to give fuel to the anti-Obama crowd. Of course, Fox readers/viewers can be categorized as just that.

Notice how other news outlets did not use the same tactic?

NBC

The drawdown diet: Marines steamed by loss of hot meal at Afghanistan base

Washington Times

During drawdown, Pentagon cuts cooked breakfast for some troops in Afghanistan

Daily Mail UK

Soldiers stationed in Afghanistan will kiss goodbye hot meals, salsa dances and Bingo nights as the military scales down services in preparation for withdrawal

Keep your damn dirty hands off my salsa dancing, Obama!

Unfortunately, Fox has provided a great example of the difference between a fair and balanced journalistic approach, and sensationalism pointed to a specific group.

Propaganda for those easily fooled. Bad show Fox.
edit on 31-5-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Let it go, let it go....., keep messing with the wrong people, putting civilians and militars in the same side.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
WHY not?
"Soldiers are just dumb brutes, disposable instruments of foriegn policy" arent they?

i heard that somewhere before.......
Ever hear the saying
"An army travels on its stomach?"
Depriving troops of needed protien could affect their alert status among other things.....Imagine what its like operating at those altitudes where they even need to modify the helicopters to fly in the thin cold air.......
The more they screw the troops, the more likely theyll take sides with those who wish to end the blatant corruption in the Government
So its looking up really...
edit on 31-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

I wonder if it is done on purpose then, to cause more casualties in order to have an excuse to stay longer or throw the blame on someone... just my two cents

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The chefs are civilian contractors
As are the staff, usually locally employed civilians or other nationalities, like India and Pakistani. But there's large numbers of Koreans, filapino, hell there was some well dodgy Albanians that worked the laundry at KAF
My point being unless they are local, they are housed on base on contract..........so no savings there

The mess is one of the last things to shut .......too many officers on camp ! Unless they've made provisions to go eat with the Brits lol
But seriously the chow house is one of the last things to wind down
As for packing up the kit to transport back...........may happen ........ But the US tends to sell it on in theatre ( it's more cost efficient to sell it on and but new and save on transportation cost).......the equipment will end up in a hospital or the like

Nope I see this as cuttng cost on food and associated expenses

I returned from there about 2 weeks ago .......this is no FOB on wind down .......the place is freakin HUGE ....it's a good sized town

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I beg your pardon?

I may not agree with the way troops are trained, the things they are asked to do in the name of defending thier own nation, or the way they are accessed by propeganda in order to make it easier for them to follow the orders they are given...

BUT! If a government is prepared to send men and women to fight for its interests, then it MUST be prepared to feed them, clothe them, provide for thier needs before, during, and after thier deployment. There has to be give and take. They give thier lives, and they should be taking three square meals a day and a new pair of boots when they need them, at the very LEAST!

This is greed and idiocy at the highest possible level. If they did the same thing to the Royal Marines here in the UK, there would be uproar.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's quite easy to see. They first USE ALL CAPS to highlight that hot meals are going to be cut....to our troops! Without any context to go with it, that alone can get people worked up.

Titles ARE SUPPOSED TO BE attention grabbers! The "CONTEXT to go with" a title, SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE ARTICLE!

Here is a paragraph from Fox's article:

The moves, though unpopular with many Marines on the ground and their families back home, are emblematic of the massive drawdown of American troops in Afghanistan and the dismantling of U.S. military facilities. More than 30,000 U.S. service members will leave Afghanistan in coming months as the U.S. prepares to hand responsibility for security to Afghan forces in 2014.

Unfortunately, Fox has provided a great example of the difference between a fair and balanced journalistic approach, and sensationalism pointed to a specific group.

It seems that they were a lot more "fair and balanced" than you were!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
When I served in the Army, I never saw "MidRats" except when we did joint exercises with the other services. You wanted something to eat at Oh-Dark thirty, you pulled a MRE or Pogue bait out of your ruck.

But I guess if you get used to MidRats, you'll be pissed when they yank 'em.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Jeezeus!
Wasnt the marine Commandant just saying that the troops need to conserve every single bullet?
Teach them how to shoot better, or give them a better breakfast so they can shoot better.....
Nothing throws yer aim off worse than a growling stomach....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Thank you for your response!

Titles ARE SUPPOSED TO BE attention grabbers! The "CONTEXT to go with" a title, SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE ARTICLE!

I completely agree. Unfortunately, every news source we have discussed so far mentioned the military drawdown as the root cause of hot meals being cut. Specifically, it was mentioned in the title.

Fox did not do that. Instead, they threw in the mention of Obama and emphasized CUT HOT MEALS as a way to incite those that do not care about the body(context) of the article. And it worked. There are responses in this thread alone that prove the headlines have just as much effect as the context contained within. Fox is not stupid and they do things like this on purpose.

And before anyone else gets too worked-up, Yes I know the other MSM news outlets do the same thing.

It seems that they were a lot more "fair and balanced" than you were!

I stand by my assessment. Thanks for the conversation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum