It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA and Germany against Russia supplying Assad.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
news.ca.msn.com...

Russia is planning on sending some fairly potent missiles south to the Assad.
Seems like an obviously bad choice considering the current state of affairs in the Middle East.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
America has already lost WW3 with British help in doing it, Assad has at least got a proper nation on his side who respects world order (Russia) America & UK certainly don't respect it, not even the UN these days.
I am like millions more glad that Russia has woke up to the West's threats and will with China, Iran, Syria sort the USA & UK out once and for all before we all get blown apart with this UK & USA pro war stuff.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think Putin has about as much respect for John Kerry as his Butler. Less, perhaps. Making him wait in Moscow recently, makes statements. Syria is also a client state of Russia....a strategic ally...and a host to Russian Military facilities. I think it's we who are out of place and overstepping our bounds on this one.

There are 10's of thousands of Russian national citizens working, living and doing business with Syria. This is personal for Putin and probably the line he won't back off from.

The S-300's are simply going to end most options for murdering Assad and stealing his nation from him. Err.. We shouldn't have been in the nation stealing business to begin with and now Kerry can just deal with the reality he seemed to want to be a part of SO badly.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
news.ca.msn.com...

Seems like an obviously bad choice considering the current state of affairs in the Middle East.

could it simply be a message that any future military adventure will be at a price.

the weapons sent into syria are fueling the rebellion.

russia might be wanting to stabilize the region by countering the flow of anti government weapon supply.

and with anti aircraft and anti ship missiles, send a message to the usa and their coalition to keep hands off.

after syria, the usa coalition will propably move to destroy iran, the russians might be playing a delay tactic.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

I only just recently realized how corrupt Russia is it is basically run by a mafia so my guess is Syria is paying protection money to Russia to keep the U.S from invading and it seems to have been a good plan the U.S has no place in Syria anyway and neither does NATO so we are best just turning a blind eye let china do a good deed for a change why is it always us who after clean up the mess in the long run we will just increase the civilian death rate and then be hated by even more people,we need to just tell the Syrian people that they are on their own and to look for help else where.we have been that busy dealing with other countries affairs that we failed to maintain our own and now our countries are going to # too.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So what is the USA going to do....Nothing. Russia is still a very powerful country. They could destroy almost all humans on this planet as can the USA. Don't worry though, the authors of this reality will try not to let this happen.

edit on 31-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

I agree with you the U.S and U.K should stop going to war and just let people kill each other and just work on building up each other defense systems and work more on that missile defense shield across Europe and the U.S

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This situation has turned out to be interesting to watch over the last couple of weeks.
A US diplomat went to Russia for talks on the Syria war, I think it was that Kerry guy, I'm not sure.
A day or two later the US says it might supply leathal weapons to the rebels.
Then soon after reports that Russia is sending more arms to Assad's army.
Either the talks the USA and Russia had failed to get results or things are going to plan.

In Syria, we have Islamic militants in open warfare against Islamic militants, Al Qeada against Hezbolla among others. If the west including Russia play it smart and keep feeding both sides arms and the will to fight, this war could go on for along time, causing much damage to these Islamic jihadi battalions.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I and some mates have been going round a few UK back narrow roads in the countryside of UK of late, and you know what? there are a lot of Nuclear Bunker type constructions going on, 1000's of tons of earth being moved, heaped on top of things being built behind high fences and barbed wire fences, we noticed it in early 2011 but lots more being made ready today, why? what are they expecting? I think the UK Government already know China & Russia have had enough of us being bully boys and I think that America & UK know they will shortly be getting nuked like they never thought 3 years ago it could happen.
And all this just as America & UK are bust, skint, penny less and Russia & China know that so have nothing now to lose when (yes when) they want to attack us.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What the hell! How dare the Soviets even consider sending bombs to the middle east, just what are they thinking!?

Over powering nations with advanced weapons to support your agendas is Americas job.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Let me understand your logic. Russia openly supplies arms to their ally with a weapons embargo...and the USA and the UK are war mongers.

Russia and China the world saving nations of peace..... wake up.

No one is gonna save us

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Those weapons won't save Assad when the burden of Damascus is finally realized.
Biblical prophecy is still being realized in the modern era.

Isaiah 17:1

“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

Let me understand your logic. Russia openly supplies arms to their ally with a weapons embargo...and the USA and the UK are war mongers.

Russia and China the world saving nations of peace..... wake up.

No one is gonna save us

Pot calling the kettle black situation. It's not just Russia supplying Syria but the west is supplying the rebels as well even though there's the arms embargo on both sides. To say that Russia is the only country supplying weapons is, well, fool-hearty.
edit on 31-5-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Of this there seems to be a couple possible options:

Russia is hand in hand with the US and all of this is a ploy to get the Middle East to further melt themselves down,

Or Russia doesn't give a ho-ha about anything and wants cash.

Either way, the outcome will have a lot of blood in the streets.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
reply to post by IronArm

I only just recently realized how corrupt Russia is it is basically run by a mafia so my guess is Syria is paying protection money to Russia to keep the U.S from invading and it seems to have been a good plan the U.S has no place in Syria anyway and neither does NATO so we are best just turning a blind eye let china do a good deed for a change why is it always us who after clean up the mess in the long run we will just increase the civilian death rate and then be hated by even more people,we need to just tell the Syrian people that they are on their own and to look for help else where.we have been that busy dealing with other countries affairs that we failed to maintain our own and now our countries are going to # too.

You are so damn dump. They are just fighting against banks(Israel).

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Syria is a strategic country and it plays a big role in balancing the power between the East and the West...It has always been playing that role for thousands of years....Syria is been the subject of conflicts between the Roman and Persian empires.for centuries,and it is still a very important factor to establish borderlines and declare limits...Russia,Iran and china do not like to see another western foot hold in the region and they will do anything to prevent that from happening...The west is only wasting the valuable time ,money,life and resources that they could have used recreating their economy and improving their overall image.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Russians (Gog, Rosh & Magog) come to plunder Israel, in fulfillment of Ezekiel 38. Iran, Turkey, Sudan, Libya, and perhaps other Islamic nations will partner with them.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"USA and Germany against Russia supplying Assad"

Im sure they are.
And Im sure Russia was just as thrilled with the U.S when they funded the taliban in Afghanistan,during their war.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Illustrates the double standard ,retarded logic and blatant disregard for international law from local and foreign countries,thats why there will never be peace in the ME.
www.aljazeera.com...
www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 31-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
news.ca.msn.com...

Time to make money selling arms, is when nations need to buy. Russia has embraced capitalism fully, and now does exactly like the West. Stir up strife, sell arms to both sides, cash in on the payday.

If there were no conflicts, no one would buy weapons, and the military industrial complex would collapse.

so, never mind all the talk. Russia will sell arms to Syria. And the West will pretend to object, but the West will sell arms to Israel ro counter the Russian arms, and there will be profits on both sides of the fence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join