It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Star in a Jar - For those of you who have not seen!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
S&F. The shape of this solar system may even be based on a frequency and all of us look like we do because of the frequency we vibrate at. The antennas are our DNA. Change the frequency enough and our future generations change.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
S&F. The shape of this solar system may even be based on a frequency and all of us look like we do because of the frequency we vibrate at. The antennas are our DNA. Change the frequency enough and our future generations change.

Frequency of what? And why would DNA make a good antenna?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by vind21
John Stuart Reid proposes that sound is not actually a wave, but a “bubble” and that this is what creates the amazing patterns we see captured with cymatics.
In his article, The Physics of Sound, Reid says that sound has previously been thought to travel as a wave because [the lack of a real 8th grade science teacher] and the graphical, wave-based representation we have used to capture sound visibly in the past…
The star in a jar is cool.

You should have posted that and quit while you were ahead.

I don't know why you had to spoil it with John Stuart Reid, who apparently doesn't even know what a wave is. What he's describing is still a wave, so it sounds pretty ignorant of him to say it's not a wave.
I'm not sure why you mentioned "Divine Frequency" either, but I would like to thank you for not doing more than mentioning it.

Let's just say that I have created similar threads previously on this very topic and they quickly degenerated to "tothlings" waving their emerald tablets trying to explain the observation because of divine frequencies and that the universe was meditating every time you fart, so I kinda wanted to kill those kinds of comments before they started.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

And why would DNA make a good antenna?

CONCLUSIONS:
The wide frequency range of interaction with EMF is the functional characteristic of a fractal antenna, and DNA appears to possess the two structural characteristics of fractal antennas, electronic conduction and self symmetry. These properties contribute to greater reactivity of DNA with EMF in the environment, and the DNA damage could account for increases in cancer epidemiology, as well as variations in the rate of chemical evolution in early geologic history.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
More info to consider:
Link
Link
www.wired.com...

edit on 31-5-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

There is a shrimp that can create this effect.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks Vind, l love stuff like this.

Very interesting.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Is it possible the heat generated could be used as a power source or would more heat in large quantities be required?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

CONCLUSIONS:
The wide frequency range of interaction with EMF is the functional characteristic of a fractal antenna, and DNA appears to possess the two structural characteristics of fractal antennas, electronic conduction and self symmetry. These properties contribute to greater reactivity of DNA with EMF in the environment, and the DNA damage could account for increases in cancer epidemiology, as well as variations in the rate of chemical evolution in early geologic history.

However, if you read the paper, you'll find they didn't actually use the DNA as an antenna, they're comparing strand breaks at different EM frequencies (two, actually) and calling it a wide range of interaction. Foster rips them one in his comment where he calls the paper "hardly rigorous" which is a bad insult in this circle.

Link

This one's using DNA as a spacer for gold conductors. Pretty clever, but the DNA's a spacer, not the antenna.

Link

That one's similar - they're binding nanoparticles to antisense sequences and letting a strip of DNA hold the nanoparticles at fixed lengths. Again, clever, but they're using DNA as a spacer/backbone and not the antenna.

www.wired.com...

That one's at least relevant, and somewhat interesting. Too bad the guy didn't publish any details of his setup, or his controls. It's really really tough to screen out this frequency to the level you'd need to see this, and know to a sufficient degree of confidence that you're not seeing something coming from outside. Montagnier did not, and got, well, defrocked for his claims.

eta:

I notice this was from 2011 and was in arxiv, which isn't the same as a refereed journal. I'll have to look and see if he got it published, where, and if he pursued it after that, if he did.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudon
Is it possible the heat generated could be used as a power source or would more heat in large quantities be required?

You get less heat out than energy you put in. So it would be better not to have the setup at all, and just use the electricity you'd have eaten up driving the transducers.

Heat != temperature.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for the clarification. What do you think about this?

so that DNA can be described as
an bio-piezoelectric-antenna, exchanging “information energy” (Ei) in the cell, in order to develop an
selective and efficient cooperative protein's processing.

www.gsjournal.net...
and this one?
www.fosar-bludorf.com...

From the characteristic form of this giant molecule - a wound double helix - the DNA represents an ideal electromagnetic antenna. On one hand it is elongated and thus a blade antenna, which can take up very well electrical pulses. On the other hand, seen from above it has form of a ring and thus is a very good magnetical antenna.

What happens to the electromagnetic energy, which the DNA takes up? It is stored quite easily inside it, bringing the molecule – simplified spoken – into oscillation. Physically we call such a system a harmonic oscillator .

Such an oscillator of course with the time loses its energy, as is observable also in the darkroom, and the time, which this procedure needs, is a measure for the ability of energy storage. Physicists call this measure resonator quality .

I just knee jerk responded to "how could dna be an antenna" because I recall reading about it in different contexts, I am not well versed in science, but always interested in learning more.
Thanks for the feedback.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Did anyone mention the dolphins yet?

Well the dolphins have an art form which is making bubbles with some similar kind of sound process i think...that makes this same luminesence They do this by themselves with no technological assistance.
Science says the deal is very like cold fusion.....heard of that one yet?
maybe a correlation there.?hey

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for the clarification. What do you think about this?

so that DNA can be described as
an bio-piezoelectric-antenna, exchanging “information energy” (Ei) in the cell, in order to develop an
selective and efficient cooperative protein's processing.

www.gsjournal.net...

At at glance, that one looks like nicely written woo. It starts off well enough but appears to suddenly slide downhill about halfway in. I'd have to sit down and read it more closely, because it is sort of interesting at first until he starts babbling about phonon swarms causing spooky action at a distance which allows DNA to communicate. That's where it sort of slid into the wall. But I will admit I won't have time to read it thoroughly because I'm about to take my nephews out, get waxed at the local margarita place and watch "Now you See Me" for my birthday.

and this one?

Also woo. Not as clever a woo as the first one, although they do bring in some interesting bits as well. DNA is not a superconductor, for starters. If it was, I'd be rich - room temperature superconductors as easy to assemble as a DNA backbone would be worth a mint. You can easily extract your own DNA (someone put a thread up about it - you can do it with mouth swabbings). Try it - see if it reads zero ohms.

There have been a number of experiments with DNA conductivity, and it matters a lot what base pair sequences you use and how a long a piece of DNA it is.

link

It comes up from moderate (100k for 40nm) to no conductivity at all for some researchers using longer pieces (one you could see with your bare eyes). It is most definitely not a superconductor.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
See what I am standing on in my avatar ......

That plate produces from 1- 60 hz , 3 mm amplitude , 1200 kn of force. ( it is a level 2, I build to level 5 )

What it does combined with bio-mechanics is going to save peoples lives.

I got involved in this science after getting frustrated with only using my knowledge to help dead people. So I shifted my focus to obesity.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Let there be Light ! Nice video. With a big voice we could imagine how all the stars in the heavens got there.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by voudon

You get less heat out than energy you put in. So it would be better not to have the setup at all, and just use the electricity you'd have eaten up driving the transducers.

Heat != temperature.
In the process shown in the OP video, this is true.

The video also speculated about whether the process can get as hot as millions of degrees, instead of just tens of thousands of degrees, in which case it might get hot enough for nuclear fusion (according to the video), which could lead to net energy out, but that seems pretty speculative since obviously he's already measured the temperature and what he's measured isn't hot enough for fusion to occur. Maybe he thinks he can change it enough to get higher temperatures, but even if he does, I doubt he would get enough fusion for net energy out.

Originally posted by stirling
Science says the deal is very like cold fusion.....heard of that one yet?
maybe a correlation there.?hey
Did you watch the OP video? It talked about hot fusion, not cold fusion. But it doesn't seem like either hot or cold fusion to me. Cold fusion is supposed to have net energy out and as bedlam said, this process doesn't, so far, and wouldn't you agree that tens of thousands of degrees is at least warm, and not "cold"?

Originally posted by vind21
the universe was meditating every time you fart, so I kinda wanted to kill those kinds of comments before they started.
Yes that's why I thanked you. To be more clear, there are forums on ATS where flatulence-based cosmic meditation would be on topic, but this forum isn't one of them unless someone has written a scientific paper about that.

I just knee jerk responded to "how could dna be an antenna" because I recall reading about it in different contexts, I am not well versed in science, but always interested in learning more.
Thanks for the feedback.
You have provided some food for thought, now here's some for you:

You can attach a chain to a cannonball or any other heavier than water object and call it an "anchor", but that doesn't mean that any heaver than water object is particularly effective as a boat anchor. Boat anchors are made a particular way to improve their effectiveness of their function and a cannonball would be a relatively ineffective design for a boat anchor.

Similarly, you can call DNA an "antenna", but I looked at the articles posted and don't see where calling DNA an antenna makes much more sense than calling any heavier than water object an "anchor". Yes I suppose either could be true if you broaden the definition of "anchor" and "antenna" to where almost anything fits the broadened definition, but in this case the descriptions are not particularly meaningful.

In fact I'd like to add an observation: Note the similarity in structure between DNA double helix and a twisted pair:

Twisted pair cabling is a type of wiring in which two conductors of a single circuit are twisted together for the purposes of canceling out electromagnetic interference (EMI) from external sources;
In other words, this double-helix configuration is used precisely because of how poor an antenna it makes. You can still pick up signals with it, so I guess you could still call it an antenna, but it's one of the worst possible designs for an antenna as the twisting is intended to greatly diminish the antenna-like properties the two strands would have if they weren't twisted together.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
Let there be Light ! Nice video. With a big voice we could imagine how all the stars in the heavens got there.

Amen! That's exactly what I was going to post. And God SAID let there be light!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Similarly, you can call DNA an "antenna", but I looked at the articles posted and don't see where calling DNA an antenna makes much more sense than calling any heavier than water object an "anchor". Y

In fact I'd like to add an observation: Note the similarity in structure between DNA double helix and a twisted pair:

Twisted pair cabling is a type of wiring in which two conductors of a single circuit are twisted together for the purposes of canceling out electromagnetic interference (EMI) from external sources;
In other words, this double-helix configuration is used precisely because of how poor an antenna it makes. You can still pick up signals with it, so I guess you could still call it an antenna, but it's one of the worst possible designs for an antenna as the twisting is intended to greatly diminish the antenna-like properties the two strands would have if they weren't twisted together.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

Seems to be a pretty good antenna to me.

Of course, it's not picking up the transverse em-waves. Those twists ensure that the transverse components are minimized.

But, the longitudinal scalar electromagnetic wave, that's another story. The vehicle that transmits thought. The same thing those "grains of sand" in the pineal gland are designed to detect. The DNA is an antenna that picks up thoughts and reacts to thought impulses.

Telepathy to the genes. [ the key to the Transfiguration; Mark 9:2, Matthew 17:2, ]

edit on 31-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER
But, the longitudinal scalar electromagnetic wave, that's another story.
Let me guess...did you get that from Bearden?

www.scientificexploration.org...

Plane longitudinal electromagnetic waves do not exist. We supplement this by showing that longitudinal spherical electromagnetic waves have the same pleasant property: They don’t exist.
Of course Bearden denies this and proves it's false by making "free energy"...oh wait...

How is his "free energy" contraption working for you? That doesn't exist either.

I'd say the chances of "star in a jar" resulting in nuclear fusion as discussed in the OP video are very low, but Bearden has never proven either his "free energy" device or his "longitudinal electromagnetic waves", and the chances of either of those ever happening are even lower.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

A wave and a bubble can be the same thing. One sec...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There's even a shrimp which can generate light from this cavitation....

I've always been amazed at the temperatures from it

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join