It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another possible 'Mark of the Beast' has arrived!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I just spent the past several minutes staring at your avatar....

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Oh come on, all this rubbish about what the mark is supposed to be ....we all know it is actually a real guy named "Mark" !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I found the mark of the beast...

but it came off with a bit of soap and scrubbing.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In the mark of the beast system, these sort of tatoos will be required to make any purchase. They will track your every move. I think there will be even more to the technology. They will probably use these implants to subvert the normal restraints of the conscience and compassion, so that you will be made a willing slave of the antichrist.

This is why, in part, all who receive the mark are condemned for eternal hellfire. There is no way I would accept such a mark. Not willingly.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
so...when has any of these technologies ever proven to be evil in any way?
barcodes,rfid tags and other techs that either proved to be benign or never materialize.

anyone want to take a guess on whether this tech will be used for nefarious purposes? i vote never, because the government hardly needs to use them.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
In the mark of the beast system, these sort of tatoos will be required to make any purchase. They will track your every move. I think there will be even more to the technology. They will probably use these implants to subvert the normal restraints of the conscience and compassion, so that you will be made a willing slave of the antichrist.

This is why, in part, all who receive the mark are condemned for eternal hellfire. There is no way I would accept such a mark. Not willingly.

the mark of the beast is not a tattoo, its a mark.
also you have to be willing, so no the mark can't be forced on to you, read revelations again. i highly doubt the people who take the mark are going to have much of a conscience or have much compassion either.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Would laugh if someone got that tattooed in thier private area's ;-p

Anyways. Is it just me or does it appear that all this technology is just squiggly lines of wires at various sizes and wavelengths?

And it actually has an LED!!! LED tattoo's are really possible??
edit on 31-5-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. On one hand, it would be an incredibly usefull tool....but on the other hand, having everything stored in a chip....I have everything stored in my head already. -I- know my password(s), not some little chip/implant. Not sure if i'd be comfortable with those type of things (I mean, if it's everything, atm pins, account #s...etc) being stored anywhere but where they're supposed to be. On the server, and in my head. There are pros, and cons here.

Great find.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I happen to think this is a great idea.

Anything that makes my jumbled life easier is a plus in my book. Its not like identity theft or the government having the ability to track you doesn't already happen you know.

Maybe they can somehow code it to your DNA so nobody but you can have access to the information.

Good. You can be first then !

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

All I would say is, technology and our existence within it and being dependent upon it is inevitable. While things like this may stir initial techno-fear, knee-jerk reactions, it IS the future, whether you like it or not.

Typing in passwords is old, tiresome and horribly insecure. Porting around cards with magnetic strips and typing in pin codes is old, tiresome and horribly insecure.

I'm not say this new tech is 100% secure or foolproof. But what I am saying is, this is the initial step to a better solution. It will take time and effort and I dare say mistakes. But this is much, much better.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Anyways. Is it just me or does it appear that all this technology is just squiggly lines of wires at various sizes and wavelengths?

yep! they have all kinds of things they are developing, i heard about the tattoo thing a few years ago, heard it runs off kinetic energy generated by the persons body.
more than likely the LED is organic, or OLED, they can make OLEDs really thin now, hence why newer tvs are so thin, they are all OLED.

being a tech nerd i love this idea, people may be scared of it but i see no reason to be, since none of the other things people thought were going to be the end ever happened.
no one needs this stuff to control us, they do pretty well with propaganda, racism, ideology differences, and just plain old ignorance.

no need for fancy tech when 99% of the population is mesmerized by people telling them what the idiot masses want to hear.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So instead of stealing your wallet for a few bucks a criminal could instead cut off your biostamp tattoo, deplete your life savings and steal your identity completely?

No. Because the "reader" would be a "port" that you stick your hand into up to your wrist. It would not only read the "tattoo" but determine life signs by either X-ray, infrared, inductive resonance (like an MRI) or some combination of all three. Dead tissue wouldn't work.

That kind of tunnel reader would also have a "security clamp" like handcuff that would spring shut on your wrist if there were say any fraud or "warrants" outstanding. I was going to run the idea in a short story. Imagine an "ATM" style paypoint machine with people "stuck" there waiting for law enforcement. Imagine coming across one with just a bloody stump of a wrist protruding.

In the wild, animals sometimes gnaw off their limb to escape a steel jaw trap.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

The picture is of a demo part. It's not a tattoo, it's more of a decal. And no, LED tats are not possible, at least not the sort you put on a dye and puncture your skin with a needle. This is a stick-on, like a bandaid.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Typing in passwords is old, tiresome and horribly insecure. Porting around cards with magnetic strips and typing in pin codes is old, tiresome and horribly insecure.

Yep. Biometrics is the future. Removes all doubt about identity and can't be replicated.

There is only one you.

They already do it too...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Tattoos were used 2000 years ago by many city tribes - living inside a walled city with a common area for trading. Having a tattoo concealed by hood or sleeve was the quickest way of confirming identity to guards.

Modern days, it would have to be something like a RFID tag / crystal that is implanted through the skin so it can't be removed. There was work on the use of porous materials to prevent skin infections (porous percutaneous titanium implants) as the holes would allow skin tissue to grow inside the implant forming a perfect seal.
Then the implant would need to acquire power using either solar power or the glucose inside the blood.

web.mit.edu...

This would allow a back-up battery to provide power in case the implant was "removed". A DNA microarray could be used to detect if their was any change in oxygen levels or the DNA of the owner, then it could send an alert.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

This is definately a scary idea but of course there will be people saying 'oh, what a great idea'...

Idiots!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by redoubt

I could see this as a future way of ensuring that guns could only be fired by their owners. It would end accidental shootings with children. Also cars, houses, prescription medicine bottles, etc. I understand that people like to be paranoid about this kind of thing but when I weigh out the possible bad things that could be done to me by nefarious people using these devices against us with the very obvious advantages, I don't see a reasonable reason to refuse it.

Allergies, bio-tracking for your own health, a HUD you could have on your iPhone that would act like a health meter in some RPG, etc. The possibilities are endless. My only apprehension would be in possible effect it may have on my psyche and whether or not that would make me feel like I was separating from nature.

Besides, these wear out after a while so, even if they lasted for years, it would still not be a permanent choice. I'm not sure if that would disqualify it as a "mark of the beast" or not.

In an emergency how would it tell the difference between your child holding the gun defending themselves, and you being on the floor and it being out of range of you, because it is in your childs hands that needs its functionality?.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Who says you have to be wired to anything though?

A simple chip that contains all your information that you simply scan when you need access to is rather harmless, its just an organizational tool.

I would also love the example your bringing up, think a microchip implanted in your brain that acts as a cell phone or data storage device but I hardly think we are anywhere close to that yet. Sticking a bunch of account information on a chip and implanting it in your thumb or in the form of a tattoo would not be that big of an issue.

I fail to see why a "simple chip... harmless organizational tool" for your passwords needs to monitor your brain's electrical signals (EEG sensor- electroencephalogram) your heart rate (ECG- electrocardiogram), your temperature, and contain wireless communication (look at the picture). This is clearly more than a simple organizational device but a device that is meant to monitor your entire life- the password part is meant to lure you in. Not necessarily the "mark of the beast" but I don't think I would like one implanted in my body.
edit on 31-5-2013 by oak123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oak123
I fail to see why a "simple chip... harmless organizational tool" for your passwords needs to monitor your brain's electrical signals (EEG sensor- electroencephalogram) your heart rate (ECG- electrocardiogram), your temperature, and contain wireless communication (look at the picture).

The picture is of a demo part with a dog's breakfast of different interfaces on, not one that was to be used on anyone in particular, mainly because to get an EEG you'd have to stick it on your head, for an EKG you'd have to stick it near your heart etc.

And the wireless communication is h-field, so it's not like it's broadcasting.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well, I never said it wasn't completely foolproof and that inevitably, we'd hit mistakes.

But as I said, these are the first steps and it will only get better.
edit on 31-5-2013 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join