It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another possible 'Mark of the Beast' has arrived!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
NOTE: Have searched and not found this particular story threaded here yet. Apologies if I overlooked.

Briefly, Motorola has unveiled a 'tattoo' microcircuit to identify us all...

The hi-tech tattoo that could replace ALL your passwords: Motorola reveals plans for ink and even pills to identify us
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not a lot to add to this except that with technology becoming more and more compatible with biology, something like this was bound to come along and may well just be the enxt step in something even more frightening.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1) The daily mail isn't a terribly legitimate news source. It is the national enquirer of the UK.

2) The tattoo in your story is removable.

3) I would kill for a removable tattoo that would store my passwords while on the job, allowing me to bypass authentication on three discrete systems, with 28 different user names and passwords.

+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

So instead of stealing your wallet for a few bucks a criminal could instead cut off your biostamp tattoo, deplete your life savings and steal your identity completely?

Where do I sign up??

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
1) The daily mail isn't a terribly legitimate news source. It is the national enquirer of the UK.

2) The tattoo in your story is removable.

3) I would kill for a removable tattoo that would store my passwords while on the job, allowing me to bypass authentication on three discrete systems, with 28 different user names and passwords.

1A - This story is hardly deniable bearing what does appear to be genuine technology from a well known industry leader.

2A - Tattoos may be removable when it suits... but perhaps not if designed to be permanent.

3A - You are more than welcome to it. Please have a seat in the office. Sam the Tattoo man will be with you soon

edit on 30-5-2013 by redoubt because: edit edit

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Already posted. I know because I posted it. Can't link, I'm on my phone. Will link later. Just check my threads.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My bad. That's just one of those cow pies that get stepped in regularly.

Here's a link to your version... again, my apologies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I happen to think this is a great idea.

Anything that makes my jumbled life easier is a plus in my book. Its not like identity theft or the government having the ability to track you doesn't already happen you know.

Maybe they can somehow code it to your DNA so nobody but you can have access to the information.

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Anything that makes my jumbled life easier is a plus in my book. Its not like identity theft or the government having the ability to track you doesn't already happen you know.

Maybe they can somehow code it to your DNA so nobody but you can have access to the information.

That's another disturbing aspect; there are people who would welcomed being wired.

I'm in no way attacking you or your comment here so, please don't misunderstand me. But even if you remove the all-too familiar connection to the Book of Revelations, the very concept of turning individual human beings into fully wired pieces of some large control grid is simply... well, for me, it's just horrid.

I guess if that's your cup of tea, you have a right to sip it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

No worries lol sounds like you found more to add anyway

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I could see this as a future way of ensuring that guns could only be fired by their owners. It would end accidental shootings with children. Also cars, houses, prescription medicine bottles, etc. I understand that people like to be paranoid about this kind of thing but when I weigh out the possible bad things that could be done to me by nefarious people using these devices against us with the very obvious advantages, I don't see a reasonable reason to refuse it.

Allergies, bio-tracking for your own health, a HUD you could have on your iPhone that would act like a health meter in some RPG, etc. The possibilities are endless. My only apprehension would be in possible effect it may have on my psyche and whether or not that would make me feel like I was separating from nature.

Besides, these wear out after a while so, even if they lasted for years, it would still not be a permanent choice. I'm not sure if that would disqualify it as a "mark of the beast" or not.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by Hopechest

That's another disturbing aspect; there are people who would welcomed being wired.

I'm in no way attacking you or your comment here so, please don't misunderstand me. But even if you remove the all-too familiar connection to the Book of Revelations, the very concept of turning individual human beings into fully wired pieces of some large control grid is simply... well, for me, it's just horrid.

I guess if that's your cup of tea, you have a right to sip it.

Who says you have to be wired to anything though?

A simple chip that contains all your information that you simply scan when you need access to is rather harmless, its just an organizational tool.

I would also love the example your bringing up, think a microchip implanted in your brain that acts as a cell phone or data storage device but I hardly think we are anywhere close to that yet. Sticking a bunch of account information on a chip and implanting it in your thumb or in the form of a tattoo would not be that big of an issue.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Gene-locked to my own DNA? I like it!

Redoubt: The problem with the subject is that we can't even have a conversation about it without superstitious mysticism and fantasy role-playing intruding into the dialog. Look at the comments section of the mail there for some serious LOLS.

Bio-metric authentication is coming, and we need to have a rational discussion about the implications of it now, not later. I just don't see ATS as a place where such a discussion can take place. In fact -- I doubt it is possible to have a rational discussion about bio-metrics publicly because the public on average are the same people who burnt witches in Salem, except with iPhones.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Gene-locked to my own DNA? I like it!

Redoubt: The problem with the subject is that we can't even have a conversation about it without superstitious mysticism and fantasy role-playing intruding into the dialog. Look at the comments section of the mail there for some serious LOLS.

Bio-metric authentication is coming, and we need to have a rational discussion about the implications of it now, not later. I just don't see ATS as a place where such a discussion can take place. In fact -- I doubt it is possible to have a rational discussion about bio-metrics publicly because the public on average are the same people who burnt witches in Salem, except with iPhones.

Wow. Well said. However, I do think that ATS is becoming, more and more, a place where we could discuss this without it being treated as taboo. There would the dooms-day Revelation people but they wouldn't dominate the serious discussion like they would have a year ago.

Then again, I have been accused of unchecked optimism.

+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Of course you would.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think if it were posted in a different forum than NWO there could be a more rational discussion about this. For sure there could be advantages to this. With out a doubt. Especially if it were coded to our own DNA. It would make hacks vertically impossible. But the ramifications concerning our privacy would be great. I like having the choice to be anonymous if I want to.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I do think that ATS is becoming, more and more, a place where we could discuss this without it being treated as taboo. There would the dooms-day Revelation people but they wouldn't dominate the serious discussion like they would have a year ago.

I understand that times and beliefs are changing. You and everyone else has a right to believe as you choose. That said however, there is also a very distinct prejudice that runs in both directions here. While some are quick to note the old 'Mark of the Beast' and criticize non-believers, there is also the other lane of traffic where those who see religious prophesies coming to pass are often attacked and ridiculed.

So, discussing this subject is fraught with wordy dangers... in a time now when not only sticks and stone break bones.

If someday such a device is required to be implanted upon all humans on this planet, it may suit those who see such as a benefit but equally, it will be impossible to dismiss those old prophesies without ignoring the obvious.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'm rooting for your optimism. It's much more constructive than my tendency towards pessimism.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by redoubt

No worries lol sounds like you found more to add anyway

Well, if the mods had come along and chopped this tree down, I would have fully understood and had no problem. But at the same time, there are members speaking here and being that this particular thread has my shingle hanging ion the door, I see no reason not to engage.

BTW... I did link to your thread

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree that the NWO forum is probably not the place for a highly rational discussion. I see a lot of good in this technology, and I too would love to preserve some measure of privacy.

I just don't think we can run a modern world if a large portion of it demands the right to anonymity, any more than I believe we can run a world where people who live upriver from me decide whether or not they wish to burn their garbage, dump it in the river, or pay for a haul-off service.

And that is unfortunately what anonymity means to many people: nobody can tell me what to do.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Lets hope your thread sees more discussion than mine did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join