It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Head On US Army Air Assault Badge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

ZOMG!! Flying Helo alien head with angel wings! It is all so clear to me now. The world is doomed. DOOMED!! Run for your bunxors!!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Originally posted by enament

Hmm I always thought it was to duly represent a parachute.Just my opinion I guess.

Thats the Airborne Jump Wings.

the OP's bage is what youre awarded when you complete an Air Assault course, ie repelling out of helicopters
Air Assault

edit on 5/29/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

ZOMG! A GIANT ICECREAM CONE!!! Jebus! Flying ice cream??

WE are so DOOMED! doomed........argh..

edit on 30-5-2013 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I like your Huey avatar IMSAM

As for the badge... looks like a Huey! lol

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I actually think that is a quite reasonable scenario for allot of the badges out there.
Even military personal have a sense of humor.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You are reaching way too far man.

Im in an air assault unit. I see this badge every day. It's a helicopter. You're seeing what you want to see, not what's actually there.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious that anyone looking at this would think of an alien head after just a few seconds of looking at it. It's the first thing your eyes go to as its center of the image, everything else is just surrounding the alien head. I don't know what the person was intending when they made it, maybe it was an honest Huey, maybe he just has a sense of humor or likes to "bend the rules" a little without quite breaking them,

or maybe the dude is an alien or is hinting at something top secret, who knows? But I know I would see the alien head right away without you mentioning it to me and after realizing it was a helicopter after the first second or two, I would be thinking "i wonder what kind of helicopter looks like THAT?? After researching, as perhaps you did, I'd have to admit that I would be rather perplexed as to why it does not match up quite right... I've seen

Hueys before on tv, movies, documentaries, books, etc, and I've never once thought it looked like "an alien head", and yet, the badge does resemble one quite closely. I've never been in the military and I'm not an avid aviation/helicopter enthusiast, but u have seen a lot of war movies, history and military channel documentaries and etc., so, I guess if you are more of an expert on that matter, you might immediately identify the badge as being a representation of a Huey.

I certainly don't see what getting out of the house has anything to do with either noticing the alien head, or wanting to share it on ATS... how do you know they're not sitting in an airport terminal on a smartphone or at Starbucks on their laptop? Besides, a lot of cool books, art, inventions, etc, have been devised by people who did not leave their house as often as the average person. If everyone took

the advice of "getting out of the house more", would we have the theory of relativity? Would we have any of Edison's or Franklin's hundreds of inventions each? Traffic would be congested, lines & wait times at places of business would be longer everywhere, viruses would spread faster, it would be total apocalypse!!!! XD Not to mention, I see Hopechest posting in almost every thread I visit...which is kinda strange since

we really do not seem to share the same interests based on his or her posts...and yet I keep on bumping into this person on ATS... So, maybe you should take some of your own advice and go outside, hopechest, and give ATS a break for a while......................... Please?? I'll pay you. No I won't. Haha xD I just wanted to point out what I've noticed... It seems some people cannot help but spend all their waking hours posting in threads they have zero interest in... UNLESS...that interest is to ridicule others.... I guess some people just need that little reassurance in their life. The reassurance that they are better than others, they are more clever, just anything to give them a little boost cause their life is so miserable. Otherwise they would not feel the need for cheap stabs in back and snide comments about their fellow humans. It's pretty easy to tell when someone is happy.

When you come across people like this, don't be angry... chances are you have no idea what hell their personal life is. I mean, sure, for a lot of people this is just ats and it's all fun and games, but we need to remember we are not our avatars...we are humans. You can tell a lot from an avatar, especially when coupled with their own personal written testimony (their posts). It's well known that behavior of angry or mean or rude people, when it isn't the result of a mental illness or deficiency, always comes from pain, stress, frustration...

Yes, its very plain to see that many people are hurting inside. They are subconsciously crying out for help. They are not necessarily attention seekers, because they are not consciously doing it. But subconsciously, they know that a negative reaction is going to be the quickest easiest way to get someone's attention, and they want somebody to say "hey, why is that person acting that way? What is wrong? I better find out..." But unfortunately, many of us don't think about doing something like that. Our first reaction is to try to balance the negativity they brought into your life by throwing some back their way. We always gotta "put em in their place".

We are too distracted and busy with our own problems and minutia to notice that someone is hurting. And we don't realize that, since we are all connected, to eachother and to the universe, that persons pain is going to effect us all. So next time you see someone acting out like that, give them a "hug", say "hey there, you sound a little upset today, maybe a little frustrated or stressed, and I get the feeling this thread/post isn't the problem, is it? There's something else going on. Something deeper. It would probably be good for you to talk about it with someone. If you'd like, you could send me a pm, or make a thread about it. You have lots of good people here who care

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
tldr?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Wow, berating, belittling and bashing. But of course it's done with love. I guess you have to be cruel to be kind?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog

Or go with this one
edit on 29-5-2013 by TheBlackDog because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2013 by TheBlackDog because: (no reason given)

That clearly looks like an alien head/face.

The OP one.. Hmmmm.. I will keep an open mind, but its not as bold as what this poster posted.
Thanks for posting that Blackdog!

And OP, I see it. I just think its a far stretch.
But they are here, and have been here for a long time.. So yeah, its right there in our faces . Yet most people will only see what they want to see. Or like us.. We will see what we want to see too.
What a crazy world I live in. Really, this place is amusing.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I am flatterd that you took the time for such a lengthy response to my post and not to mention for calling me " awesome". I am beside myself with glee....truly. pay attention to my name.... I know a little something about aircraft.

You made me smile though.... keep it up! You are a winner!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

And if you turn it upside down it could be a CRAB.

edit on 30-5-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It's a helicopter...but if you want spooky then....
look at these

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

This post is a perfect example of how ATS went down hill. It looks excatly like a a Huey. How can anyone not see that ? Did the Op not even look to see what it looks like. What was of a post.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Please remove this self severing thread.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

XENOMORPHOLOGY RESEARCH LABORATORY? Thats a creepy one.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
After reading this thread I decided to have a closer look at my own badge.

When I turned it upside down I was shocked!

It's all true!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's a helicopter...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This image is totally relevant to this op

It's just your mind playing tricks on ya.

Just how can someone go on a film with his hair like that? I mean you would have to really try or not try to get the hair to be like that lol, either way its done on propose just to stand out and say I am a bit loonie or the perception that he is a bit loonie.....

By the way I think the op is reading too much into the badge, but stranger things happen/are happening around the world.
edit on 1-6-2013 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
ya looks like a grey but its obviously just the holicopter's front lights, that's all

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join