It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are really prepared for the Dog Eat Dog society you relish and preach on this site?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndthought
[

Apparently, the sillyewok just doesn't want to realize the fact that people can, and do flourish on their own, with no government 'education'.

school.familyeducation.com...
The study states, "Even with a conservative analysis of the data, the achievement levels of the homeschool students in the study were exceptional. Within each grade level and each skill area, the median scores for homeschool students fell between the 70th and 80th percentile of students nationwide and between the 60th and 70th percentile of Catholic/Private school students. For younger students, this is a one year lead. By the time homeschool students are in 8th grade, they are four years ahead of their public/private school counterparts."

Read more on FamilyEducation: school.familyeducation.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...
Five areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So you are going to home school a Doctor or Vet or lawyer? Who is going to take your home printed degree?

You should learn to read your reading comphrehension is as bad as my spelling!

I have nothing against home schooling for secoundry school (high school) level. But if those kids have certian talents they need a degree

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Suck it!!
www.businessinsider.com...
collegedropoutshalloffame.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.youngentrepreneur.com...

There are more success stories today from people without college or from the "poor" side of things.

edit on 30-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

Yes they are entrepreneurs no college degree required. Great.

But not everyone is born to be entrepreneur som have talents like in Science or in medicine and they need a degree?

Education is not a right. It is a privilege.
At least not here in the US.

So then screw little johny from the Ghetto who has brains and talent to be a Doctor and Sceintist but stuff him he can wash dishes.

You want to go back to a era were stuff your talents. Doctors sceintists ect only come from the upper classes?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Maybe your having two jobs is keeping someone else from having one? You don know jobs are not infinite? You're not up to date to know that there are no longer any free welfare checks. Walk around in $130 shoes...small luxuries for people who get no vacations and travel. If this world goes to #### you will be eaten by those same people you despise.

You truly have no idea do you? No vacations or travel? They live a F$%&^*G vacation! These moochers next door go to Florida every year! Care to know the last time my family and I had a vacation? It's been over 5 years. I really don't care if my having two jobs takes one from someone else. Like I said before, I care about my family and that's it. To hell with everyone else. Small luxuries? They don't deserve luxuries as they haven't done a damned thing to earn those $130 shoes.

And as far as eating me?

Not really, our society has turned into a society where there are millions of people, but not millions of jobs. It turned to a society where certain people are disenfranchised and rather than grovel as I guess you and others feel they should, they make the best of their situations. Sick people like you call this living it up...because they aren't begging you and dying in the streets.

The key phrase here is HAS turned into..It wasn't always so and if you have ever studied history or are up in years you know it. Grovel? I don't want anyone to grovel..I want them to take care of themselves instead of me and every other tax payer in this country doing so! My question to you is why in the hell you think we should take care of and provide everything for them?

Actually many of them won't be the first to expire. While you are in your "me and mine" world, they have a large family of have-nots who will destroy your attitude and eat your family should the bottom drop out. You will be nothing but food and all your preppin will feed the people you despise. Those videos you watch where gangs of young men are being violent and you shake your head and call them animals...they will form huge gangs and go about TAKING what they want.

Here, let me help you understand that you're completely out of touch with reality. I can promise you they'll be the first to go. They have no skills for survival as they've been dependent on the government and tax payers their whole lives. They'll have no clue what to do. And everyone that knows me knows they'd never make it past my porch.My neighbors know not to even come on my property even if their dying and it's an emergency. I've made sure they know what I think of them. These gangs of young men you speak of don't exist here and never will unless they tried to come here from the nearest big city(last group like that that came down here trying to rough up some of our boys left with a few people and one car less than they came with) and as there are several small towns they'd have to go through before they even reached my town they'd never make it here because the other towns are close knit just like us. You city boys and ghetto boys aren't as bad as you think you are. Want to find out go to a small town and mess with a resident there.

You will be food...

If you think so

edit on 30-5-2013 by Simon_Boudreaux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

The fact that you can't even discuss this in a civilized manner continues to prove my point.

What point is that???
What does it say below my screen name????

Civilized meaning what? That I can't put you anyone else in their place when they are wrong. Sorry, don't flow with the PC crowd. You can keep that crap for yourself.

And for the record: I don't ask the government for anything, well, other than to lower my taxes as I am self employed. I need not, want not, and ask for not.

Oh, but it is fine for others to do it then? Or for you to defend people to demand more goodies from the Govt.

Why not give YOUR money to them and leave everyone else's alone. I know why, that goes against the Progressive mindset.

I just don't have an irrational hatred for people less fortunate than I am, but I may not have the same psychological issues that plague your mind and have put you onto the path of ignorance.

Good day, sir.

Who hates people???
I am the one that believes that they can rise up from their current economic standards, without first having the Govt steal from me.

You believe that the Govt HAS to intervene, because the poor just can't do it. You are either intellectually lazy, or just so beholden to the Progressive mindset, it allows for you to be ignorant to what can be done.

Also, you never did answer. I give 10% annually. What do you give?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by Zngland
reply to post by crazyewok

After taxes some people choose to pay for education privately and you begrudge their freedom
of choice.

Where's that f****££g 100th monkey i'm getting desperate.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Zngland because: monkey

And what about some that cant afford to pay for that education?

Education is essentially a right, it is not spelled out, but can you tell me who is disqualified from getting an education?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
To hell with everyone else.

Honesty, at last.

Come now, everyone else. Repeat the above quote. This is what gets to the meat of the matter.

God forbid you, or one of your family members are ever put into a situation where a stranger may have to offer a hand to save one of your lives, and they have that same mentality.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndthought
[

Apparently, the sillyewok just doesn't want to realize the fact that people can, and do flourish on their own, with no government 'education'.

school.familyeducation.com...
The study states, "Even with a conservative analysis of the data, the achievement levels of the homeschool students in the study were exceptional. Within each grade level and each skill area, the median scores for homeschool students fell between the 70th and 80th percentile of students nationwide and between the 60th and 70th percentile of Catholic/Private school students. For younger students, this is a one year lead. By the time homeschool students are in 8th grade, they are four years ahead of their public/private school counterparts."

Read more on FamilyEducation: school.familyeducation.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...
Five areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

So you are going to home school a Doctor or Vet or lawyer? Who is going to take your home printed degree?

You should learn to read your reading comphrehension is as bad as my spelling!

I have nothing against home schooling for secoundry school (high school) level. But if those kids have certian talents they need a degree

Guess I'll have to go with ignorant.

voices.yahoo.com...

homeedmag.com...

> I put in this snippet, knowing you're to lazy to actually click on the link<

The variety of successful people and stories in this book is amazing , from a Yale law school student to an Arkansas state trooper to NFL football player. There isn't a butcher, a baker, or a candlestick maker in the crowd, but there's a Broadway performer, a multi-millionaire internet entrepreneur, a firefighter , and a building contractor who sailed solo around the world in his teens, went to Stanford on a scholarship and quit because he didn't want to waste precious time in college.

www.homeschool.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonttouchmethere

After taxes some people choose to pay for education privately and you begrudge their freedom
of choice.

Education is essentially a right, it is not spelled out, but can you tell me who is disqualified from getting an education?

Poor people who cannot afford proper education, duh.

This is what I mean where these men who lick the boots of the elite view anyone worse off than they are as sub human.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I can't recall but did Einstein get Govt assistance??
Working to get into college is done by many. Govt is not the answer nor the solution.

My brother works, no Govt aid and is attending College for Mechanical Engineering.

It is done.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You can address your behavior with the moderators if you want to behave like a savage. Our discussion is over.

And no one believes your lies about 10%. Not with your mentality.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

of choice.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't seem to see it there. Maybe it is on the alternate Constitution. The one written by the Social Justice jackholes.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by DZAG Wright

When you depend on someone else, you lose your freedoms.

If we have a society where people aren't expected to handle things themselves then we will live in a society without freedoms. Instead we'll be robots sanctioned by our country's experts.

Remain sitting and feel tyranny, get up (and act) and feel freedom.

If you don't do things yourself, others will do it for you. You may not like what they do.
edit on 29-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

We all depend on each other...that's the elephant in the room no one wants to admit.

"Depending on each other" is a tad bit different than one totally depending on others. My neighbors and I help each other out: we laon ech other things, we feed each other if someone is having a hard time, one guy with a snowplow might do all off the driveways on the street one winter and the other guy with the riding lawnmower will mow his lawn in the summer. This is a mutal giving and taking with everybody pitching in because that is what neighbors do.

This is radically different from someone doing nothing and expecting everyone else to take care of him and empowering a third party (government) to force it.

If they do nothing it's because our society is set up that way. Rather than villianize them we should have come up with a simple solution such as people on welfare can beautify the city they live in. Simple solution, the question is why hasn't it happened?

Notice how lovely, new section 8 housing is trashed and destroyed in a few years? That is because these people do not care and do not have the initiative to take care of their own homes. If they did, they wouldn't be on the dole for very long. Pride and independant spirit has been slowly destroyed in our society thanks to the likes of FDR and LBJ.

You must not think very highly of humanity, based upon your posts, it appears as if you ignore the vast majority of people who work hard decade after decade...

FDRs policies were a reaction to a government who looked the other way while millions of Americans starved.
Furthermore, my grandparents and their generation were the first beneficiaries of FRDs policies and I'll bet they could all out work you. Second, those same people did not make enough money to save (like a DOCTOR might be able to) and those hard working people were able to retire and survive THANKS TO FDR AND LBJs policies.

I work with section 8 people professionally, MR and TBI patients amongst others, and I do not see the destruction you assign to them.

Finally, you do not seem to grasp poverty or you simply wouldn't ride in on your high horse and assign laziness and all the rest to people who are not lazy. What you are engaging in, is called prejudice, and as it is with black people, jews and even poor people, blanket statements are not indicative of the whole. The real problem is that your spirit is small, also, if your read your posts objectively, it appears that you are envious of these people.

If you are so proud and independent, why would you be envious of people who are crippled and downtrodden?

edit on 30-5-2013 by Idonttouchmethere because: (no reason given)

Bull#. I rose up from poverty and know it quite well from the inside. I know what people are capable of achieving through hard work and dedication and I also know many people who simply do not care.

Apparently you have forgotten what it is like... You should recall that people can work very hard and still be poor and even hungry. The same people can be dedicated, and still be poor and hungry, that is usually the lesson that poverty teaches people. Maybe you need to revisit your roots or examine the teachings of Jesus, because like many well to do people, it appears that your have lost your humility and perspective.

I will prey for you.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

You can address your behavior with the moderators if you want to behave like a savage. Our discussion is over.

And no one believes your lies about 10%. Not with your mentality.

Did I call you names???
Nope,

So, you speak for everyone??? Wow, so your screen name isn't just a clever name. You really believe it.

So, your non response means a big fat 0%. That is what I thought.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

No its working fine now though could use some fine tunning. But if it was up to some on here these scolerships or any form of help would go.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

$1200 in cash a month is a lot of money? That wouldn't even cover my housing costs. And last time i checked, HUD isn't free. But, answer me this:

Do they work? I mean, tell me more about these people.

Did you not read my post? $1200 a month is a lot when it's free money and you have no bills. And how is HUD not free? They pay NOTHING for rent. They don't work. The girl will get a job and work for 1 day..just enough to earn $25 so she can file a tax return and get a crap load of money back. The guy? He's never worked a day in his life. He was born into welfare and will most likely die in welfare. Hence my cradle to the grave comment in a previous post. She's a pill head and he's been an alcoholic since he was a teenager( in his early 30's now). They both have rooked the system into getting SSI. I'm not sure what she gets it for but I do know he got it because he says he cant' read due to a learning disability. He reads just fine on Facebook and his phone when he's texting. Care to know more about them or is that enough for you?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

of choice.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't seem to see it there. Maybe it is on the alternate Constitution. The one written by the Social Justice jackholes.

Can you answer my question?

Or do you have to obfuscate to get along?

Please tell me who is disqualified from getting an education in America?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

It sounds like a lot of anger and conjecture to be honest, but I'll take your word for it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

$1200 in cash a month is a lot of money? That wouldn't even cover my housing costs. And last time i checked, HUD isn't free. But, answer me this:

Do they work? I mean, tell me more about these people.

Did you not read my post? $1200 a month is a lot when it's free money and you have no bills. And how is HUD not free? They pay NOTHING for rent. They don't work. The girl will get a job and work for 1 day..just enough to earn $25 so she can file a tax return and get a crap load of money back. The guy? He's never worked a day in his life. He was born into welfare and will most likely die in welfare. Hence my cradle to the grave comment in a previous post. She's a pill head and he's been an alcoholic since he was a teenager( in his early 30's now). They both have rooked the system into getting SSI. I'm not sure what she gets it for but I do know he got it because he says he cant' read due to a learning disability. He reads just fine on Facebook and his phone when he's texting. Care to know more about them or is that enough for you?

So you are saying these two people are representative of America?

You must have a very low opinion of Americans, too bad.

link   
reply to post by Idonttouchmethere

No one for public education.

You stated it was a right. It is not. Do you like to use the Alinsky model of debate and try to change the meaning of words?

link   

I can't put you anyone else in their place when they are wrong.

What you think is wrong.....

I what you think is wrong is not nessarly right , nor what I think is wrong or right is nessarly right.

All we have is diffrent opinions at the end of the day.

I think thats what annoyed me intitaly with you (I have got used to you) and what is gratting on other people. You think you are 100% right and everyone else even if they are in the majority are wrong.

Everyone just has diffrent opinions thats all. What wrong for you may be right for others. Live with it and that is a right ,I belieave its your first amendment

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join