It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are really prepared for the Dog Eat Dog society you relish and preach on this site?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonttouchmethere

I will prey for you.

You already want to prey on me. Don't prey for me, you already prey for those who would take from me.

I've not lost a single ounce of humility and I have perspective in spades and my perspective is that people, from any station, can rise up and better themselves. The problem with the social welfare programs and those who would take from one to give to another to make themselves feel morally superior, is that it actually hurts people: it punishes success, it destroys drive, it makes people less than human, it removes dignity. You smugly think you are helping people when, in all actuality, you rob them of their humanity.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Opinions are great to be had.

But, black and white is the world which I excel in.
If it is either a truth or a false, then there is only one way.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Idonttouchmethere

No one for public education.

You stated it was a right. It is not. Do you like to use the Alinsky model of debate and try to change the meaning of words?

No, what I said was, "Education is essentially a right, it is not spelled out."

...and I am sorry, but I do not know what an Alinsky is.

link   

Your story is a problem... But in my experience, I have not come across these kinds of folks in my travels, maybe you should turn them in???

We have, twice. HUD nor Social Security seem to care they're being frauded.

I run a group with people who have suffered traumatic brain injury, 17 people who range from semi functional, to drooling. All 17 collect benefits from the government and all of them would not survive in world that did not provide these extensive considerations/benefits/MONEY.

And those types of people I have no problem helping. I do have a problem with all these moochers that can work but refuse to because they can get everything paid for and live better than those that do work.

link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
reply to post by 2ndthought

No its working fine now though could use some fine tunning. But if it was up to some on here these scolerships or any form of help would go.

Not sure what's working now, or what you mean by 'fine tuning', but.

Scholarships are given by individuals and/or groups. "Some on here" have no say in the matter. Grants are given, usually, by the government. Again, no one on here has a say. Those in government do, and they probably will go, once the gov. goes belly up with their frivolous spending.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And I deal in a very very grey world.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Idonttouchmethere

No one for public education.

You stated it was a right. It is not. Do you like to use the Alinsky model of debate and try to change the meaning of words?

No, what I said was, "Education is essentially a right, it is not spelled out."

...and I am sorry, but I do not know what an Alinsky is.

A right or essentially a right. It is neither. It is a privilege.

As for Alinsky, go look it up.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Here, let me help you understand that you're completely out of touch with reality. I can promise you they'll be the first to go. They have no skills for survival as they've been dependent on the government and tax payers their whole lives. They'll have no clue what to do. And everyone that knows me knows they'd never make it past my porch.My neighbors know not to even come on my property even if their dying and it's an emergency. I've made sure they know what I think of them. These gangs of young men you speak of don't exist here and never will unless they tried to come here from the nearest big city(last group like that that came down here trying to rough up some of our boys left with a few people and one car less than they came with) and as there are several small towns they'd have to go through before they even reached my town they'd never make it here because the other towns are close knit just like us. You city boys and ghetto boys aren't as bad as you think you are. Want to find out go to a small town and mess with a resident there.

You will be food...

If you think so

Wow you just told on yourself. Your neighbors can't even knock on your door? WTF you're just one of those mean, nasty old men. You will def be the first to go unfortunately.

The only survival skill they will need is knowing to mob up and attack loners such as yourself.

Not saying city guys are tougher, i'm saying their numbers will be tougher.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thus we have the difference between people of my mindset and people of your mindset.

I deal in the real world. Actions, reactions. Sun goes up, sun goes down. Yes or no. Right or wrong.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And I deal in a very very grey world.

And because of that, you can't see that world clearly, but thru a fog.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Thus we have the difference between people of my mindset and people of your mindset.

I deal in the real world. Actions, reactions. Sun goes up, sun goes down. Yes or no. Right or wrong.

But IMO neither is right or wrong, The world needs both mind sets.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I will agree that we need a balance. But when the grey world creates way to take from some to give to others, I have a problem.
If the grey world can't succeed on it's own, there is an issue.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I will prey for you.

You already want to prey on me. Don't prey for me, you already prey for those who would take from me.

I've not lost a single ounce of humility and I have perspective in spades and my perspective is that people, from any station, can rise up and better themselves. The problem with the social welfare programs and those who would take from one to give to another to make themselves feel morally superior, is that it actually hurts people: it punishes success, it destroys drive, it makes people less than human, it removes dignity. You smugly think you are helping people when, in all actuality, you rob them of their humanity.

You are not speaking for every case, you assume that everyone on welfare is lazy and sitting around.
I have worked with people who have TWO jobs and still receive food stamps, while going to school. Just two weeks ago, a 19 year old young man landed on the freeway after being ejected from the jeep due to seat belt failure, he has TBI and will never walk again. Thanks to you and the rest of us, he will be cared for which is the humane thing to do. I see so many things that are contrary to you perspective, and in all sincerity your imagination is not indicative of reality.

Five people in my family have seen through the recent economic mess with some form, all of them are now employed and three are half way through college/training now. I'll tell you what, there is no dignity lost...

Again, you are prejudiced to think that everyone is sitting there loving poverty, this is why it is hard fro me to believe that you understand the nature of poverty. Tell me, are you receiving Tricare? Did you get a GI grant?
Are you going to get social security and Medicare?

BE honest, are you going to stop feeling motivated to get up and work based upon any of that? Is your humanity
diminished because you can go to the doctor right now and been seen?

I wish I could understand why you conflate things so thoroughly, poverty is not something poor people enjoy or strive to achieve.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Your story is a problem... But in my experience, I have not come across these kinds of folks in my travels, maybe you should turn them in???

We have, twice. HUD nor Social Security seem to care they're being frauded.

I run a group with people who have suffered traumatic brain injury, 17 people who range from semi functional, to drooling. All 17 collect benefits from the government and all of them would not survive in world that did not provide these extensive considerations/benefits/MONEY.

And those types of people I have no problem helping. I do have a problem with all these moochers that can work but refuse to because they can get everything paid for and live better than those that do work.

Well that is too bad about the moochers.

But I hope you realize that, the two groups are connected, when politicians go after the moochers, the retarded, brain-damaged, handicapped and aged get hit too. That is the political reality, especially when the first reaction is to say and assume they are all moochers.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Idonttouchmethere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I will agree that we need a balance. But when the grey world creates way to take from some to give to others, I have a problem.

You know how I would solve the Issue? Make the USA 100% dog eat dog capitlist and make the EU more denamrk./ Scanadinavian socilsim/Capitlist. Remove Visa restrictions on both sides and allow all the "progressives" as you call them to move to the EU and allow all the hardcore capitlist to move to the USA. give them similiar corperation laws to stop any abuse by the big CEO's and share the military industrial compex between them but keep the economy seperate enough so that if one fails the other wont go down.

Bascialy divide the civilised weston world in half so everyones happy.
edit on 30-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

See people like you have poisoned the minds of many Americans...

I can speak on the subject because I've worked in the field for the last 9 years...

Welfare (TANF as it's called now) only pays one household a certain amount dependent upon the number of children. For instance, a household of 4 receives a maximum of $303 per month. Does that sound as though they are just living it up?

I'm not talking about TANF They've frauded SSI and get like $600 a month each.

Along with TANF a household can get foodstamps. Notice I said, household. The current rate is $200 per month, per person.

And as I said they get about $500 a month in stamps.

Many poor people have HUD, but the catch with HUD is they have to have access to your EVERYTHING! They come and inspect your housing, monitor your checking and savings accounts. It's really quite invasive. If they find out you have a boy/girlfriend staying with you they kick you off. If they see a new tv or computer, they ask you how you obtained it and where did you get the money.

No they don't..Yes they inspect because I've seen them do it and seen him have to take all his clothes and belongings somewhere for the day so they didn't know he lives there but they don't give a crap about anything else. We've turned them in twice! Both to SSI and to HUD. They simply DO NOT CARE! The guy isn't suppose to be there..HUD knows he's there now as well as the landlord and still nothing is done

Does it sound like poor people on assistance are living it up I ask again? I know I couldn't live off $303 per month even if my mortgage was paid and I got food assistance. I'm accustomed to more freedom. My kids require more than $303 dollars per month!

Once again, they don't live off of that small of an amount...do you need me to type slower so you understand?

No one is getting $1200 per month

Would you care to make a public wager on that? If you do you better pay up when you lose. I take PayPal.

I'm sick of people on the outside looking in, poisoning the minds of American's and making the middle class despise the poor. It's because of lies like this. So what you see a mother on welfare driving a Benz...is it her's or her boyfriends?

Poisoning the minds of American's? I see. So now it's gone from being hypocrites to poisoning minds? You want to know what I'm sick of? People like you thinking the hard work I do just to get taxed to death to pay for people like this is not only okay but right in your mind. Driving a Benz huh? Don't know any moochers that drive a Benz but I do know one that drives an H3 Hummer and another that drives a Denali. Do those count? Want to know what I drive? A 15 year old Sebring convertible with a raggedy ass top. So you can sit on this thread for the rest of your life trying to defend people like these but you know what? It'll never get through to those of us that see it with our own eyes all the time.

Did you also know that welfare isn't just given now? A person has to donate 30-40 hours per week to community service? That's been in affect since Clinton.
Really? Got a source for that because If that's true no one around here does it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You know how I would solve the Issue? Make the USA 100% dog eat dog capitlist and make the EU more denamrk./ Scanadinavian socilsim/Capitlist. Remove Visa restrictions on both sides and allow all the "progressives" as you call them to move to the EU and allow all the hardcore capitlist to move to the USA. give them similiar corperation laws to stop any abuse by the big CEO's and share the military industrial compex between them but keep the economy seperate enough so that if one fails the other wont go down.

Bascialy divide the civilised weston world in half so everyones happy.
edit on 30-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

The reason we are free is because we are divided, totalitarian conditions arise when opposite forces are removed from society.

Pretty soon the right wingers will start killing retarded people because "they are all moochers!", they forget that there are many people who use the same system that the moocher mooch off of.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Idonttouchmethere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I will prey for you.

You are not speaking for every case, you assume that everyone on welfare is lazy and sitting around.
I have worked with people who have TWO jobs and still receive food stamps, while going to school. Just two weeks ago, a 19 year old young man landed on the freeway after being ejected from the jeep due to seat belt failure, he has TBI and will never walk again. Thanks to you and the rest of us, he will be cared for which is the humane thing to do. I see so many things that are contrary to you perspective, and in all sincerity your imagination is not indicative of reality.

Five people in my family have seen through the recent economic mess with some form, all of them are now employed and three are half way through college/training now. I'll tell you what, there is no dignity lost...

Again, you are prejudiced to think that everyone is sitting there loving poverty, this is why it is hard fro me to believe that you understand the nature of poverty. Tell me, are you receiving Tricare? Did you get a GI grant?

BE honest, are you going to stop feeling motivated to get up and work based upon any of that? Is your humanity

I wish I could understand why you conflate things so thoroughly, poverty is not something poor people enjoy or strive to achieve.

I find it interesting that you project evil intent and prejudice on people with a different opinion than you. Methinks there is a lot of projection going on.

For every individual who is being cared for with a TBI, there are many, many , many more that are physically capable of working. SSDI has gone up for times in the last 4 years. I highly doubt that there is a sudden epidemic of crippling injuries...people simply figured out the latest game of the system.

Of course poor people would love to be rich. Who wouldn't. The trouble is, so many are not willing to do what it takes as long as they have a safety net.

So often do I see someone who cannot come up with their $3 medicaid copay but reek of cigarette smoke. Lack of discipline and lack of proper priorities causes a lot of these problems. Sure, the poor do not want to be poor, but so many of them don't want to put in the effort either. Why? Because our "great society" has taken away the incentive to do so and this has been going on for generations so you have generations of people who know not any better.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

See people like you have poisoned the minds of many Americans...

I can speak on the subject because I've worked in the field for the last 9 years...

Welfare (TANF as it's called now) only pays one household a certain amount dependent upon the number of children. For instance, a household of 4 receives a maximum of $303 per month. Does that sound as though they are just living it up?

I'm not talking about TANF They've frauded SSI and get like $600 a month each.

Along with TANF a household can get foodstamps. Notice I said, household. The current rate is $200 per month, per person.

And as I said they get about $500 a month in stamps.

Many poor people have HUD, but the catch with HUD is they have to have access to your EVERYTHING! They come and inspect your housing, monitor your checking and savings accounts. It's really quite invasive. If they find out you have a boy/girlfriend staying with you they kick you off. If they see a new tv or computer, they ask you how you obtained it and where did you get the money.

No they don't..Yes they inspect because I've seen them do it and seen him have to take all his clothes and belongings somewhere for the day so they didn't know he lives there but they don't give a crap about anything else. We've turned them in twice! Both to SSI and to HUD. They simply DO NOT CARE! The guy isn't suppose to be there..HUD knows he's there now as well as the landlord and still nothing is done

Does it sound like poor people on assistance are living it up I ask again? I know I couldn't live off $303 per month even if my mortgage was paid and I got food assistance. I'm accustomed to more freedom. My kids require more than $303 dollars per month!

Once again, they don't live off of that small of an amount...do you need me to type slower so you understand?

No one is getting $1200 per month

Would you care to make a public wager on that? If you do you better pay up when you lose. I take PayPal.

I'm sick of people on the outside looking in, poisoning the minds of American's and making the middle class despise the poor. It's because of lies like this. So what you see a mother on welfare driving a Benz...is it her's or her boyfriends?

Poisoning the minds of American's? I see. So now it's gone from being hypocrites to poisoning minds? You want to know what I'm sick of? People like you thinking the hard work I do just to get taxed to death to pay for people like this is not only okay but right in your mind. Driving a Benz huh? Don't know any moochers that drive a Benz but I do know one that drives an H3 Hummer and another that drives a Denali. Do those count? Want to know what I drive? A 15 year old Sebring convertible with a raggedy ass top. So you can sit on this thread for the rest of your life trying to defend people like these but you know what? It'll never get through to those of us that see it with our own eyes all the time.

Did you also know that welfare isn't just given now? A person has to donate 30-40 hours per week to community service? That's been in affect since Clinton.
Really? Got a source for that because If that's true no one around here does it.

Obama administration removed federal work requirement. He waived the TANF work requirements through a legal device called the section 1115 waiver authority under the Social Security law (42 U.S.C. 1315). Section 1115 states that “the Secretary may waive compliance with any of the requirements” of specified parts of various laws

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I will prey for you.

I find it interesting that you project evil intent and prejudice on people with a different opinion than you. Methinks there is a lot of projection going on.

For every individual who is being cared for with a TBI, there are many, many , many more that are physically capable of working. SSDI has gone up for times in the last 4 years. I highly doubt that there is a sudden epidemic of crippling injuries...people simply figured out the latest game of the system.

Of course poor people would love to be rich. Who wouldn't. The trouble is, so many are not willing to do what it takes as long as they have a safety net.

So often do I see someone who cannot come up with their $3 medicaid copay but reek of cigarette smoke. Lack of discipline and lack of proper priorities causes a lot of these problems. Sure, the poor do not want to be poor, but so many of them don't want to put in the effort either. Why? Because our "great society" has taken away the incentive to do so and this has been going on for generations so you have generations of people who know not any better.

Well you are clearly prejudiced against poor people, that is clear as your writing. There is no distinction (that you have shown) regarding poor people.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join