It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are really prepared for the Dog Eat Dog society you relish and preach on this site?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

When you depend on someone else, you lose your freedoms.

If we have a society where people aren't expected to handle things themselves then we will live in a society without freedoms. Instead we'll be robots sanctioned by our country's experts.

Remain sitting and feel tyranny, get up (and act) and feel freedom.

If you don't do things yourself, others will do it for you. You may not like what they do.
edit on 29-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
If you are intelligent and intellectually honest, there's no way you can deny the fact that our strong government is the reason America is a world leader and prosperous.

Nope, guess me just to dumb...Duhhhhhhhh
No, our strong people are the reason why, not the Government.
Govt did not get me a job.
Govt did not teach me to work hard.
Govt did not provide me the ability to never give up.
Govt did not give me the ability to learn.
Govt did not provide me with my knowledge.
Govt did not give me the ability to work.
Govt does not get me up at 5am to work a job and run my own company.
Govt does not provide me with what I have
I did/do all those things.
Not Govt.

Yes, many businesses are stifled due to government, but without government, every business owner would have to hire their own private Army. How would world commerce be going if a guy had to negotiate and police his trade partner China himself? Or raising the goals, how would the state of Texas be able to go toe to toe with China, since you were probably ready to throw "the States should have the power" in there?

Oh good hell. The whole Progressive argument that that world would be Madmax style if it weren't for your beloved Govt here to protect us all.
People and business operated before the Fed Govt came along and dipped its hands into our paychecks. You are a fool to believe that Govt is here to help us. It isn't. Just ask those of Waco, Ruby Ridge, the American Citizens killed by drone attack and so on.

Going to organized crime, why do you think it took FEDERAL intervention to bring many of the larger criminals down? It's because they had the money, power and influence to control entire cities and states!

And why did the likes of Al Capone rise??? Geez, maybe because of the beloved Fed Govt outlawing alcohol???
Yeah, how is that war on drugs going?? Govt intervention and the drug trade skyrockets.

How do you think WWII would have ended if instead of a strong, unified country we had 50 individual states? We'd all be speaking German!

You are really trying to equate a large Fed Govt to winning a world war??? Clueless.
No one has stated to get rid of Govt. It needs to be retracted to mirror how it was designed. Limited and small.
You want unlimited and large.

I can't begin to go into the many ways we benefit from a strong, central government. Yeah it has some problems now, but if we put our heads together we could fix it to work for the better of everyone.

No, you want centralized control. I don't.

I don't fear life and the "what-ifs" that come along with it. That is the difference. I will succeed either way. You not only want, but enable others to rely on Govt.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A great post, and a great point. Over 6 million Americans are incarcerated right now, and approx half of those..maybe more are non violent. I tend to find the same attitude toward felons. Funny that in forums where the host site and majority members are much aware of corruption of the system, there's the LET THE BASTARDS ROT IN HELL FOREVER THEY KNEW THE LAW!!! attitude that is far more overwhelming than those that would say "Wait...6 million incarcerated...why???"

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That's only possible if you are an island. Are you an island? Did you truly earn everything on your own? Did you educate yourself? Did you grow all the food you eat and irragate all the water you drink? Do you only travel on roads you pave?

Oh good hell again. The whole island argument??? That is about as tired and old as it gets.
Yes, I have earned all that I have. The Govt did not GIVE me a house, food, cars, clothing and so on.
For the most part yes. I served in the Military, WORKED and learned a trade, for a paycheck. Nothing was given. I learned the trade before going in.
As for food and so on. I didn't realize that the Fed Govt did those things. I thought food was grown and produced by farmers, not lazy Govt workers.
Roads were constructed long before the Govt stepped in.

The business you work for or own...did you create and educate the consumers yourself? Do you provide your own security and insurance?

So, you are linking the educating of my customers to Govt goodness?? Man, you have fallen for the whole lie haven't you.
I provide most of my own securities and insurance is paid for, not from the Govt.

The answer to all of this is no...even though you probably won't have the guts to admit it.

Look, I understand you are wanting to champion a large Govt, as you have stated that you work for the unemployment side of things. I would however expect the self serving argument to be not so obvious. I guess I was wrong.

You benefited from being part of a civilized society. In itself which is a contract. A contract which says we receive _______ and in exchange we give __________.

The other Progressive argument that large Govt and welfare programs equal a civilized nation. What ever you are smoking, it sounds fantastic.
I have money stolen from me, in the form of taxes, to give to others. Theft by any other name......

Now the rates need some tinkering with, I can agree and we need a better system of accountability but we need not throw the entire thing out!

No, society does help others. You just enjoy having a job, that depends solely on a Govt stealing from some to give to others.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

And what about those who are ill or disabled or who loose there job and need that bit of time to get a knew one?

You just leave theme to rot?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

That's all well and good.

When society collapses, and turns into the world that you yearn for, I wonder how much those pieces of paper that you have in your pocket will be worth? Especially when those who you would rather see starve are at your neck with a razor?

Oh, sorry but I don't depend on dollar bills being my sole savior if that happens.

I give 10% of my yearly income for charity. MY CHOICE. but, the Govt steals what 25-30% to give to others. So yeah, I have a problem with that.

I guess I should just look to the income bracket above me, and put my handout expecting them to give me part of what they have. What a crock.

You and others want something, go earn. Stop expecting the Govt to provide you with it, as they steal from me to give it to you.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

So what about education?

Or do you suggest going back to the day were only those in money should get a education? Screw anyone who is poor and is born in a poor family.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Homeschool appears to be working well with the beezzer family.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
[

You and others want something, go earn.

Its a good theroy until you come down with a serouis illness and CANT work but then you can afford the med bills? You then have a cycle. You need to work to pay med bills/ Insurance but cant work because of being ill.

Or you loose your job in the hight of a economic down turn and there is no jobs. What then? Surely it is better to have abit of support between jobs rather than let them loss there homes or end up in the depths of poverty with little way out?

On the secound point chances are the fact you lost your job is sometime the fault of a big rich fat cats wrong greedy decsion and they should damed well pay for there screw up.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Yeah homeschool works....unless those kids are really bright and want to be a sceintist, Lawyer or Doctor.

You know get a hardworking job that can earn them money to jump classes.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Here Here and bravo for pointing it out. Equality may be a long way from being implemented but holding on to such a notion will evetually get us there.

Good things

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
(caveat; I'm sure this has already been said)

People who wish to rely on government for any and everything should continue to do so, if that is what they choose.

People who are self-reliant, don't depend on government or anyone else for financial or food assistance should be able to do so, if that is what they choose.

I know what I'm doing because I don't see the government being "solvent" in the future.

But hey, ultimately, it's up to the individual.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Yeah homeschool works....unless those kids are really bright and want to be a sceintist, Lawyer or Doctor.

You know get a hardworking job that can earn them money to jump classes.

Huh? My child is very bright! ,The fact that state-run schools are too lousy to match his level of learning is something we've just learned to work around.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This growing trend concerns me... I don't know if it's all the doomsday scenarios we see in movies and television or if it has something to do with the zombie craze that has been raging for several years now, but more and more people seem to WANT a dog eat dog, chaotic way of life.

I'm sure most of them are keyboard warriors, but I bet a few people out there would really like such a way of life. Some people would be ruthless I'm sure.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Huh? My child is very bright! ,The fact that state-run schools are too lousy to match his level of learning is something we've just learned to work around.

Yes but that child will needs college and unoversity if he wants to use that brightness.

Now I dont know how the university system in the USA works but in the UK we have lots of grants and burserys plus a very very very low intrest student loan that does not relie on credit rateings and that you dont have to pay back unless your start to earn over a certain amount and even then its in low repayments and if you lose your job payments are put on hold.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Oh sorry, I see your avatar now and recognize you
There is no justice for all.

Back on topic when its gets really bad and its looking like it will, some will survive and some won't, its as simple as that. Where there's a will there's a way. The person you wouldn't offer a helping hand to may be that same person later on who is going to kill you to get what you have.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Better dog eat dog society then this current #-hole were living in.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnkie

Better dog eat dog society then this current #-hole were living in.

Only if your healthy and young and are either A) Strong and combat effective or B) Really smart.C) Really Really rich!
edit on 29-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

He'll have plenty of oppourtunity to test for university. Probably at a younger age at the rate he's going.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thats good.

But the way I see some on here they would take away any help or support for the poor or underprivilaged.

"They say if you want money earn it"

But they fail to see that you need 2 things 1) Education suited to ones talents and 2) Health.

Without SOME support you end up in a position like 100 years ago were it was next to impossible to go improve your class, you are born poor you die poor unless some freak of luck happens by you.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join