It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland, Ore., rejects adding fluoride to drinking water

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

So you're upset that the government has chosen to do nothing, instead of interfering with people's personal choices?

It's not really the governments' job to make all your decisions for you. In fact the less the government does, the freer we are.

p.s., I never really understood the whole flouride thing - probably 99% of the water goes down the drain anyway, so even if it was beneficial, what a colossal waste of the product

(this is not a response to the OP, I meant to include a quote from the reply where he said "I don't want a lynch mob ..." but I guess I don't know quite how to do that
edit on 26-5-2013 by LanceCorvette because: add last sentence

edit on 26-5-2013 by LanceCorvette because: edit last sentence

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Do we have a consensus that we can not trust Sankari? I have to start writing these user-names down.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

AGAIN! Yes!

Portland's water is yucky tasting, but it's great that they aren't putting that fluoride crap in it.

I miss portland

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm glad we passed this. Portland is the only major us city to turn down flouride 4 times now

Maybe the lack of flouride is why Portland is so weird...that's tgeir motto lol keep Portland weird

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

good thing you live in Australia. also, good thing you can buy fluoride rinses, for your 'choice' without forcing the government to subsidize it and to force everyone to your choice. Good thing that the U.S. is rather large and you are not forced to move just within the state, but within the entire 50 states without any major legal hurdles (new license is the toughest thing you have to do); and the only real cost is additional moving fees ... so fluoride supplement for you might be cheaper.

So, in this theoretical situation that you live in Portland, you can choose the cost of relocating or buying a supplement; while others have the choice to drink clean water without chemicals added to it by the state.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Good job Portland! Now hopefully more cities and states follow suit, I still find it crazy people know it's in there water, but they still drink it anyway, it's like they don't care or something I don't really understand that, maybe its a sense of defeat cause there bogged down by working so many hours at the job, that they don't have any fight left in them anymore.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is good news for everybody in my opinion.
Last year a good sized city in Ontario voted fluoride out of their water (Kitchener Waterloo)

Tomorrow night our city and surrounding burbs about ( 100k population) are having a meeting to discuss the issue.

We have written all the council members and the Mayor weeks ago and let them know how we feel about it.

Just this morning on a radio talk show on this topic the wife phoned in and gave them a good 5 minute rant:-)

Everyone cross your fingers for us please.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Washington state and Oregon has some of the best tasting water in the US. I have had family come visit that drank off the tap and was shocked how good it tasted. I once found a natural spring, ice cave high up in the cliffs near Wickiup reservoir, Oregon. That water was amazingly refreshing, it was like having fresh bottled water on tap.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join