It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Core Standards to be Used to Indoctrinate First Graders For the Good of the Collective.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

English Language Arts Standards » Reading: Literature » Grade 1

Standards in this strand:

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.1CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.2CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.3CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.4CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.5CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.6CCSS.E LA-Literacy.RL.1.7CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.9CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.10
Key Ideas and Details

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details.
Craft and Structure

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.4 Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.5 Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information, drawing on a wide reading of a range of text types.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.6 Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.7 Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
(RL.1.8 not applicable to literature)
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.9 Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity

CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.10 With prompting and support, read prose and poetry of appropriate complexity for grade 1.

Common core standards, grade 1. Note no specific textbooks required.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Perhaps many of you have not heard about it, so let's start by finding out what is the Common Core Standards.

www.corestandards.org...

I took the time to look at the core standards. They are math and language standards for each grade and I don't find them objectionable at all.

I fail to see the indocranation and, what other term did you use, in the standards at all.

You seem to be upset about the groups sponsering these standards. Perhaps rightfully so or not. But the standards themselves seem to be sound.

What is your point? Children shouldn't be educated? These standards aren't the standards you want?

I'd prefer a broader curriculum myself - but basic skills must be mastered.

What is your complaint?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My biggest concern is with the video. It's misleading. The CC does not dictate what resources or texts a teacher should use when teaching. That is left to the discretion of the teacher. In my county we don't even use Basal readers (a Basal reader is your typical reading book, like what was shown). Instead, we use literature and nonfiction text.

I understand what you are saying, but I must point out to you, what the man who explains what is in the books also points out is that in the books starting for third, fourth, fifth and sixth graders these elites want teachers to start writing down the changes in the belief system of the children, their disposition, and what they believe now. He doesn't just say it, in the video you can read it directly from the books and you can see he is not lying.

it is obvious by what can be seen at the end of that video that the goal of this program is to indoctrinate the children of America.

You base you opinion on a radom you tube video and not verifiable facts? Some ignorant "Christian Nation" freek out of Utah.

Perhaps you should tend to your own critical thinking education.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

NC Common Core Standards

Just in case anyone would like to take a look at the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and the Common Core. You will notice it does not require specific textbooks to be used.

I don't think you read what I wrote in the op. This is DIRECTLY from the corestandards.org website.

Mission Statement
The Common Core State Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them.

www.corestandards.org...

They might have different books, but at the end they all indoctrinate the same thing in children, to "identify social and world problems", and then again you see the "social and world problems" that the "elites" want the children and you to "worry about" as they have them plastered all over tv, on street ads, newspapers, etc, etc.

There are other problems that come with this type of indoctrination, and in the video I linked below you will hear a licensed psychotherapist talk about these problems.

BTW, here is what a clinical mental health therapist, who does psychotherapy, has to say about the common core standards after watching a video about what can be found in these books. She has a masters degree in psychology, and is licensed by the state.

I know it is long, almost 40 minutes, but if you want you just have to listen to the first 6-7 minutes to understand the problem.

What she is saying, is that the core standards are teaching children to use their emotions, not their cognitive thinking, but their emotions, and mostly negative emotions to get what they want, which in this case is "the social and world problems that the elites want to impose in children and on you"...

edit on 24-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: errors

Our children are in urgent need of emotional competence as well as cognitive skills because they have been raised by television and day care not by adults who can model these skills.

Businesses including small businesses (heck even the military) are having trouble finding entry level employees that have the skills social and otherwise to be trained to work in an organization.

It's a two fold problem: 1) the abysmal skills of high school graduates and 2) unwillingness to pay a decent wage to those with the skills.

I'm not a fan of mainstream/public education but it is necessary and we should provide the best education we can to our young people. Is there an indoctrination factor involved - of course there is. It's there in any education scheme, but with a good foundation,it can be overcome by those who keep an open mind.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

Tell you what, is it possible that you, and the other 4th grader teacher can give us scans of all pages of the CCSS books that you have to use, and then we can see for ourselves and decide for ourselves?

The problem is, many teachers might agree with much that is in these CCSS, and might not see anything wrong with it. After all, we have seen videos in these same forums of teachers imparting into children for example to idolize Obama, and to the teachers, and the schools there was nothing wrong with this.

edit on 25-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

Unlike SmyleeGirl's school, our school does use a book series for reading and we just bought a new series for math. I like using a math series, but I would rather use real books in reading. However, the school likes us to use the series because it keeps all grades on the same playing field.

I just finished up our first year with the new reading series made for the CC. I'm not going to copy the entire set. For one, it is multiple books with hundreds of pages each. For another, that would be copyright infringement. If you Google "Common Core book series" you will find multiple websites of different companies. We use Macmillan/McGraw-Hill's Treasures series. Here is the website.

Basically the books are divided into units such as "discovery" or "making a difference". Each unit has 5 stories. One story per unit is a 2-4 page magazine article from Time for Kids. One story is done per week and a specific skill is taught such as main idea and details, fact/opinion, or making inferences. You read the story with the students and teach the skill throughout the week. There are spelling pages that go with the story. There are also skill practice pages they can do which reinforce the skill, work with phonics, teach how to use a dictionary, practice fluency, lots of different things.

The series also comes with a couple of chart books that give extra activities for phonics and a leveled reader series. For example, one week we read about a girl who takes care of whales and the leveled reader that went with it was a nonfiction about whales.

Here is the list of stories for 4th grade. It won't let you view the book online but you can see what they are reading and different activities that can go with it. The website is being really iffy today, sorry if it doesn't load. I had to keep refreshing.

There are no special stories or workbooks designed to praise the president. In fact, nothing is really political except for one news article called "The Power for Oil". It basically talked about our dependency on oil and various alternatives such as wind and solar. At the same time the kids read about oil dependency in their social studies books. Those books are from the early 90's and are in no way involved with the Common Core. Both books said basically the same thing.

Sorry to make such a large post. Let me know if there is something else I can show you or explain.

edit on 26-5-2013 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flux8

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by beezzer

What ever happened to just letting kids be kids? You mean to tell me that in less then one generation that all of a sudden kids have ADHD. We called it being full of energy.

No, "AD/HD" has been around for many generations, just under different nomenclature. We understand it better now and can identify it and it's characteristics. It is much more than just "full of energy". Part of the diagnostic process is comparing activity/behavior with the child's normal peer group. Also, these behaviors must be present in at least 2 or more different settings, (school, home, shopping/playground, with parents, away from parents, etc).

The theory that is gaining more traction is there is a problem with the executive functioning in different parts of the brain of children with AD/HD, which has been imaged by MRIs. Depending on which parts of the brain are affected depends on the medication given, Ritalin/Adderol being given to those with all three components... impulsivity, inattentiveness, and hyperactivity (there are different non-stimulant meds for those affected by other combos). Ritalin/Adderol, in a sense, stimulates those areas of the brain which are more dormant, allowing the child higher executive functioning but just as importantly address the hyperactivity.

At this point behavior modification techniques will begin to take better, otherwise, left untreated those techniques actually damage the child's psyche in the long run, leading to other co-morbidity disorders such as ODD, CD, anti-social personality disorder, etc, which usually come as a result of the child just giving up out of frustration over the years. Then comes a much higher incidence of self medication, criminal behavior, poor relationship skills, teen pregnancy, etc.

Maybe you are confusing children suffering with ODD, CD, etc with AD/HD? Saying AD/HD doesn't exist is like saying Tourette's syndrome doesn't exist. It is a neural functioning problem that is very correctable, and in my humble opinion unconscionable to not address. But yes, over diagnosis is a problem.

help4adhd.org...

You had gym class and you really exercised. Do they exercise in school anymore? Do they even let kids play on recess on what is left of the playground? Doesn't it really amaze anyone how fast things are changing and how many new deceases and mental problems we all of a sudden have? I still think we should just be teaching kids the basics and let life teach them the rest.

I agree mostly. Physical activity is being squashed out of our kid's scholastic lives. At my son's school (a charter, and they have been flexible and great in most areas) the kids get a 15 minute recess just before lunch, then go cram down their food, and go back to class to sit on their carpet spots to listen to a book, and I'm just thinking to myself, "Are you crazy? You just fueled these munchkins up and then expect them to sit?? You're asking for a disaster!"

AD/HD is real and I know, cause I have it, along with some other learning disabilities! I used to have a terrible
time concentrating and was easily distracted even when I was very interested in something! I used to have a very hard time focusing my eyes on what it was I was reading and this often lead to bad headaches! Although
I was given Ritalin for several years of my life I feel this was more detrimental then beneficial! I feel that the Ritalin was a contributing factor in my addiction years later! I also feel that the Ritalin was more of a crutch
and when it was gone made it that much harder to adjust to learning without it.

The amount of kids diagnosed with ADHD today is in epidemic proportions! We are turning our children into drug dependent automatons! I doubt this is just about misdiagnosis but more about the difference in environmental
factors. The truth is I have no proof of this but the immense amount of children with social disorders is disturbing in the least! I feel today the only way we can help our children is to let their brains adjust without medication!
If they work hard they will eventually become more equipped to handle their deficiencies, God willing!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

You base you opinion on a radom you tube video and not verifiable facts? Some ignorant "Christian Nation" freek out of Utah.

Perhaps you should tend to your own critical thinking education.

I am basing my argument on what can be read in those books seen in the video, the man doesn't just talk about them, he SHOWS YOU WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THEM... I find it strange that you are claiming that I am making this up when I have provided evidence for it, and this evidence can be seen at least in those Common Core Standards books that are shown in the video...

BTW, perhaps you should stop posting since all you can do is offer insult...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is another interesting video about the common core standards and how it is being nationalized so that states, and parents really have no control over our children's education because a group of rich elites, and the Obama administration decided they know better what America's children need to learn.

The video can be found within this webpage.
dailycaller.com...

edit on 26-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
And yet, here I find also a leftwinger source, the huffintongpost, explaining what they see wrong with the Common Core Standards.

BTW, check out some of the literature that the Common Core Standards, and the rich elites, now state our children need to read.

I know some of you would not be against this, since you agree with these agendas as well, but guess what, this is not Hitler's America where the Obama administration and a few rich elites can dictate what Americas' children must grow up believing in...

Common Core Nonfiction Reading Standards Mark The End Of Literature, English Teachers Say

Posted: 12/10/2012 11:32 am EST | Updated: 12/14/2012 6:32 pm EST

Concern is growing among teachers and parents that literary classics will go the way of the dinosaurs under a set of new national curricular standards.

The Common Core State Standards, academic benchmarks that have been adopted by 46 states, call for 12th grade reading to be 70 percent nonfiction, or "informational texts" -- gradually stepping up from the 50 percent nonfiction reading required of elementary school students.

The Common Core standards focus on teaching fewer subjects in greater depth, replacing a melange of educational expectations that vary wildly across districts and states. Proponents of the standards, like the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers, say too many students are not college or career-ready because they have suffered from years of easy reading and poor training in synthesizing more complex reading materials.

But the new guidelines are increasingly worrying English-lovers and English teachers, who feel they must replace literary greats like The Great Gatsby and Catcher in the Rye with Common Core-suggested "exemplars," like the Environmental Protection Agency's Recommended Levels of Insulation and the California Invasive Plant Council's Invasive Plant Inventory.

As for those who claim that these new Common Core Standards are going to help more children keep up with their education, the facts say the contrary.

Jamie Highfill, an eighth-grade English teacher at Woodland Junior High School in Fayetteville, Ark., and 2011 Arkansas Teacher of the Year, told the Washington Post she's already had to drop short stories and a favorite literary unit to make time for essays by Malcolm Gladwell from his social behavior book The Tipping Point.

Im struggling with this, and my students are struggling,” Highfill told the Post. “With informational text, there isnt that human connection that you get with literature. And the kids are shutting down. Theyre getting bored. Im seeing more behavior problems in my classroom than Ive ever seen.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

That's not the only source that exposes the fact that the Common Core Standards are not only indoctrinating, but also too hard for children, instead of learning and making children curious, these new standards are doing the opposite.

So we do find evidence of a "progressive agenda" being instilled through these Common Core Standards on America's children.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I have tried to look for the books themselves in other states, what can be found mostly are explanations of what supposedly can be found in the books without showing us exactly what is in them.

What we need are more videos of teachers who are not afraid to show us exactly the contents of these other books to see if it is true that they are not trying to indoctrinate America's children with the progressive agendas, because according to the Obama administration, and the Achieve website, these Core Standards are supposed to be followed by EVERYONE. So, even if there are different books that any state school system can choose, which I kind of find weird since these are NATIONALIZED STANDARDS, they ALL should have the same goal, because if there were significant differences then they wouldn't be "Common Core STANDARDS".

I have found a lot of evidence that shows these Common Core Standards are trying to indoctrinate "progressive agendas", and there are even Democrats who also see the same problems, as well as other left-wingers who noticed different problems with these Common Core Standards.

Some Democrats are also against the Common Core Standards. So at least some left-wingers also understand the problem with the Common Core Standards. I can't link to the Democrat website I found since it not only has a lot of information, but it is also a blog, so it is against the T&C.

It is called "Democrats against U.N. Agenda 21", they have a whole section on the Common Core Standards, and links to articles about it.

Anyway, also found the following gem of information about the Common Core Standards and the history of "behavioral modification" that has been implemented since at least the 1950s in America's educational system.

The website belongs to Karen Schroeder, who according to the information on the website itself is "President of Advocates for Academic Freedom, a member of Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's Educational Communications Board, an experienced public school teacher, and an educational consultant."

Common Core: The Sixteen Billion Dollar Educational Scam

Filed in Common Core State Standards by Karen Schroeder on May 10, 2013

The government is planning to spend about 16 BILLION dollars to implement programs that are basically the same as those paid for in the 1950s. Many have been given the false impression that Common Core State Standards and the International Baccalaureate programs will reform and improve education. However, these two newest educational policies are an extension of old policies that weakened the American educational system and destroyed its international reputation for excellence.
During the 1950s, educational expert Benjamin S. Bloom claimed that educators are responsible for influencing the ways in which individuals should act, think, or feel. Blooms Handbooks explain that the purpose of education is to control much of the individuals behavior and to integrate beliefs, ideas, and attitudes into a total philosophy or world view.” Academics became secondary.

In the 1960s, B.F. Skinner incorporated operant conditioning methods with Blooms taxonomy and tried to involve these philosophies in all education. When the program (behavior modification) was rejected by teachers and parents, progressives simply changed the name to Behavioral Objectives and increased an emphasis on altering the social and political values of American students. International Baccalaureate and Common Core State Standards share the mission to create a world community. A Continuum of International Education written by the IBO describes their educational goals. Like Bloom and Skinner, CCSS and IB focus on changing the social and political views of students altering the intended purpose of educating children.

The following is the most important part...

According to experts in English and math, the skills as presented in the Common Core curricula aresoft”. Requirements for a math program for students in third grade are now delayed until fourth grade. Another lowering of academic standards! Experts want more time to focus on encouraging American students to exchange their Constitution and national sovereignty for a submissive role in a world community.

To create a more compassionate population, the IBO document explains that world citizenship needs to begin early through development of an understanding of the nature and value of ones own culture. The result has been a NEW understanding of American culture through a rewriting of history—one that belittles or denies those values that encourage Americans to achieve their dreams. Blooms goal of developing aworld view is being aggressively implemented through CCSS and IB to prepare students for social and political change determined by federal goals.

Those who see school choice as an escape from these ideologies are often misled. Bob Jones University Press, a main resource for educational materials used in Christian and home school settings, prepares text books and tests that incorporate CCSS.

Parents from across the United States send Advocates for Academic Freedom examples of lessons imposed upon their children that undermine American values and traditions. American Pageant by Kennedy and Cohen is used in a Catholic school. The text does identify America as a republic, but it provides a definition for republic and republicanism that actually describes collectivism.

truthinamericaneducation.com...

And there we have it... proof, after proof that the Common Core Standards are being implemented to change the behavior, and belief system of America's children...

Good luck trying to debunk this when there is proof everywhere that shows this to be the truth.

Even if you agree with the "progressive agenda", who are you, and who are these rich elites to FORCE these ideas on the rest of us and our children?...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Also, just as I thought and mentioned in the op, the Common Core Standards is "an international effort" to change Americans into the progressive idea of "world citizens", forfeiting our independence and sovereignty.

The Common Core Standards is not only being pushed for by the rich American elites, and the Obama government, but it is an international effort to "globalize" every person on this planet. To "shape" future generations to believe and follow the "progressive agenda" that the world elites have been trying to implement for so long, and it seems they have won if we don't do anything about it before it is too late.

As stated in the IBO website, their goal is:

Our four programmes for students aged 3 to 19 help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. There are more than 1,102,000 IB students at 3,588 schools in 145 countries.

www.ibo.org...

This is part of the UN Agenda 21.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I think the CC is more an effort to get our students to a higher educational standard so that we can compete with other countries. Right now the US is lagging behind in every subject area. We've got to fix this deficiency and help our students catch up. If we can't, how will the next generations deal with the global market and economy? How will they compete for jobs and resources? How will the US maintain its competitive edge if our students are so far behind?

I've been trying to look into the Gates Foundation which you mentioned in the OP. Do you have any more sources I might trouble you for? While I do think you are off base with the Common Core, I think you are on to something with the other claims. But that's just my opinion, take it for what you will.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

All the evidence I found says a lot more is happening than trying to educate America's children, they are being indoctrinated.

As for the education in the U.S. being far behind other countries, I know for a fact that those statistics are nothing more than exaggerations, and even lies. Those countries and systems which have a leftwing indoctrination are, and have been revered just for being leftwing indoctrination.

For example these same organizations, like the UN, claim that the education and healthcare in Cuba is one of the best, when this is a lie. I should know because I was born and lived in Cuba, not to mention that I still have family in Cuba including two sisters, a grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins. An aunt and an uncle of mine are doctors in Cuba, and I know full well the facts of not only the healthcare, but the education in Cuba are 100,000 worse than they "were" in the U.S. Now, with this "Common Core Standard", the United States is getting closer and closer to having an indoctrination system similar in many ways to that of Cuba.

The role of teachers/professors is not to indoctrinate children, but these days it is more, and more clear that many teachers and many people don't see anything wrong with their views being imposed on our children without our consent.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am truly not trying to argue for arguments sake. I want to understand what you believe and why you believe it.

The role of teachers/professors is not to indoctrinate children, but these days it is more, and more clear that many teachers and many people don't see anything wrong with their views being imposed on our children without our consent.

I agree that teachers should not indoctrinate anyone. No disagreement there. But I do have a question for you. What did you think of your state's curriculum before they adopted the CC?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I've been trying to look into the Gates Foundation which you mentioned in the OP. Do you have any more sources I might trouble you for? While I do think you are off base with the Common Core, I think you are on to something with the other claims. But that's just my opinion, take it for what you will.

I made a thread about the Gates attempts at depopulation/population control.

Unfortunately, even in this website there are quite a few members who believe the lies and agendas of these people, in the op I gave a link to a thread about this topic, unfortunately in that thread there are many members who despite the evidence being shown claim there is nothing nefarious about these schemes that the elites, such as the Gates, have been implementing. But let's see some of the evidence that shows the truth about these people.

The GAVI Alliance (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization)

The GAVI Alliance, founded in 2000 with the help of the Gates Foundation, has the goal of vaccinating all of the third world. The member organizations of GAVI are listed on group’s the website, which include:

“…national governments of donor and developing countries, the Bill and Melinda Gates Children’s Vaccine Program, the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Associations (IFPMA), the Rockefeller Foundation, UNICEF, the World Bank Group and the World Health Organization (WHO).”

In December of 2000, David Rockefeller and William H. Gates Sr., among others, (pictured to the right) visited the Rockefeller University campus to take part in a meeting on “Philanthropy in a Global Century”. While there, Gates spoke glowingly about his inspiration from Rockefeller in founding GAVI,

Gates said thatTaking our lead and our inspiration from work already done by The Rockefeller Foundation, our foundation actually started GAVI by pledging $750 million to something called the Global Fund for Childrens Vaccines, an instrument of GAVI.’”

He also praised the Rockefeller family’s century of philanthropy, saying, ‘It seems like every new corner we turn, the Rockefellers are already there. And in some cases, they have been there for a long, long time.’”

The fact that such a global mechanism like GAVI exists – in the hands of outspoken population control advocates – for delivering vaccines to millions of people across the world should be disconcerting to say the least; Especially when confronted with the mountains of documentation proving that anti-fertility vaccines have been researched and delivered by the World Health Organization with grant money from the Rockefeller Foundation.

Anti-fertility vaccines

As Jurriaan Maessen reports, the World Health Organization, one of GAVIs partners, teamed up with the World Bank and UN Population Fund in the 1970s under theTask Force on Vaccines for Fertility Regulation”. The Task Force,

“…acts as a global coordinating body for anti-fertility vaccine R&D in the various working groups and supports research on different approaches, such as anti-sperm and anti-ovum vaccines and vaccines designed to neutralize the biological functions of hCG. The Task Force has succeeded in developing a prototype of an anti-hCG-vaccine.

In 1989 research was conducted by the National Institute of Immunology in New Delhi India on the use ofcarrierssuch as Tetanus Toxoid and Diphtheria to bypass the immune system and deliver the female hormone called human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG). The research paper was carried in the Oxford University Press in 1990 and was titled Bypass by an alternate carrierof acquired unresponsiveness to hCG upon repeated immunization with tetanus-conjugated vaccine.The Rockefeller Foundation is listed in the document as giving grants for the research.

By delivering hCG within a Tetanus vaccine – which acts as the carrier – the human body treats hCG as an intruder and creates antibodies against it. This has the effect of sterilizing women who receive the vaccine, and in many cases miscarriage when given during pregnancy.

www.oldthinkernews.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Some more info.

from: Biotechnology and Development Monitor, No 25, December 1995, pages 2-5
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DEVELOPMENT OF ANTI-FERTILITY VACCINES
CHALLENGING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
© Ute Sprenger

===== Over recent decades, researchers have been exploiting new contraceptive methods to use in family planning programmes in the South. Within the scope of medical application of modern biotechnologies, the development of anti-fertility vaccines is a new approach. However, these new vaccines do not really benefit the user, says Ute Sprenger. =====

Modern biotechnologies in the health care sector not only serve as a basis for prevention, new diagnostic methods and cures for diseases. They also make intervention into the domain of human reproduction possible through the development of a variety of new methods and products to control fertility. While the significance of artificial insemination is negligible for the majority of people in the South, the possibility to prevent pregnancy is of major importance. Many advocates of population control policy envisage anti-fertility vaccines, once on the market, as a promising contraceptive. Unlike conventional methods, such as the intra-uterine device, the pill, hormone injections and implants, contraceptive vaccines use the immune system to induce antibodies against hormones or other molecules involved in human reproduction. Although these vaccines can be used by both men and women, most of the research is directed towards women, as scientists perceive the female cycle to be the easiest target.
Proponents of anti-fertility vaccines claim that they offer a wider choice of family planning methods. However, from a user s perspective two questions need to be answered: (1) does this new technology empower women to gain more autonomy over their fertility?; and (2) does it improve their health?

STRATEGY
Over the last two decades world wide research on fertility regulating vaccines has been conducted under the auspices of the World Health Organization (WHO). Some prototype vaccines have undergone or are currently undergoing clinical trials in several countries. The entirely new immunological approach is based on the idea that a long-term contraceptive method, intended for use in family planning programmes in countries with low levels of medical care, should require little motivation of the user, should be cheap, and should be simple to apply by the provider.
The approach is an integral part of the strategy of demographic control, which has provided a series of long-lasting, provider- dependent birth control methods since the 1960s. At a 1989 WHO symposium on the safety and efficacy of anti- fertility vaccines the chairman summarized the debate: "Foremost in my mind during these discussions was our difficulty in assessing the urgency of the demographic crisis. To the extent that the impact of that crisis increases, the need for more effective family planning technologies must increase. At the very least, failure to develop something that may provide a more effective technology would be to take a grave and unnecessary risk."

home.snafu.de...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

ACTORS INVOLVED
In the early 1970s a group of scientists came together at the WHO to discuss the impact of the advances in biosciences on birth control. In 1973 the WHO established the Task Force on Vaccines for Fertility Regulation, as part of the HRP. The HRP, today under the auspices of the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the WHO and the World Bank, concentrates on research and development of contraceptive methods and services in developing countries and its social, ethical, legal and regulatory issues.
The Task Force acts as a global coordinating body for anti-fertility vaccine R&D in the various working groups and supports research on different approaches, such as anti-sperm and anti-ovum vaccines and vaccines designed to neutralize the biological functions of hCG. The Task Force has succeeded in developing a prototype of an anti-hCG-vaccine.
Currently five large and a number of small institutions are conducting research on anti-fertility vaccines. The five large institutions involved are:

* WHO/HRP, Switzerland. Major supporters of the programme are the governments of Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway, Denmark, Germany and Canada, as well as the UNFPA and the World Bank.

* The Population Council, United States. Among the Council s financiers are the Rockefeller Foundation, the National Institutes of Health and the US Agency for International Development.

* National Institute of Immunology, India. Major financiers are the Indian government, the Canadian International Development Research Centre and the Rockefeller Foundation.

* The Contraceptive Development Program (CONRAD), United States. Publicly funded.

* The Center for Population Research at the National Institute of Child Health and Development/the National Institutes of Health (NICHD/NIH), United States. Publicly funded.

Various smaller research teams conducting basic, pre- clinical research and clinical trials with anti- fertility vaccines are based at universities in Kenya, Germany and France, or at institutes like the Medical Research Council (MRC) in England. They receive public funds or are supported by pharmaceutical companies such as Schering (Germany) or Organon (the Netherlands). According to WHO/HRP, of the approximately US$ 57 million spent annually on overall contraceptive research, an estimated 10 per cent is devoted to anti- fertility vaccines. WHO/HRP figures indicate an expenditure of US$ 946,000 or 16.3 per cent of the programme budget in 1992. According to David Griffin, manager of HRP Vaccines Task Force, the Programme has spent approximately US$ 10 to 11 million on anti- fertility vaccines between 1973 and 1993.

home.snafu.de...

edit on 28-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking into this further.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
BTW, I know some people want to claim "there is a big difference between population control and depopulation", but that's what the people behind these schemes actually want you to think, but to them it is the same thing.

As to one example of what these programs are actually doing even these days in third world countries let me give you a recent example.

UK aid helps to fund forced sterilisation of India's poor

Money from the Department for International Development has helped pay for a controversial programme that has led to miscarriages and even deaths after botched operations

Gethin Chamberlain

The Observer, Saturday 14 April 2012

Tens of millions of pounds of UK aid money have been spent on a programme that has forcibly sterilised Indian women and men, the Observer has learned. Many have died as a result of botched operations, while others have been left bleeding and in agony. A number of pregnant women selected for sterilisation suffered miscarriages and lost their babies.

The UK agreed to give India £166m to fund the programme, despite allegations that the money would be used to sterilise the poor in an attempt to curb the country's burgeoning population of 1.2 billion people.

Sterilisation has been mired in controversy for years. With officials and doctors paid a bonus for every operation, poor and little-educated men and women in rural areas are routinely rounded up and sterilised without having a chance to object. Activists say some are told they are going to health camps for operations that will improve their general wellbeing and only discover the truth after going under the knife.

Court documents filed in India earlier this month claim that many victims have been left in pain, with little or no aftercare. Across the country, there have been numerous reports of deaths and of pregnant women suffering miscarriages after being selected for sterilisation without being warned that they would lose their unborn babies.

Yet a working paper published by the UK's Department for International Development in 2010 cited the need to fight climate change as one of the key reasons for pressing ahead with such programmes. The document argued that reducing population numbers would cut greenhouse gases, although it warned that there were "complex human rights and ethical issues" involved in forced population control.

www.guardian.co.uk...-of-comments

In July, the UK will host a family planning summit in London along with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Theevent will aim to generate unprecedented political commitment and resources from developing countries, donors, the private sector, civil society and other partners to meet the family planning needs of women in the worlds poorest countries by 2020, stated the UKs Department for International Development.

www.turtlebayandbeyond.org...

BTW, do notice the last sentence I excerpted from the guardian's link. Here it is again.

Yet a working paper published by the UK's Department for International Development in 2010 cited the need to fight climate change as one of the key reasons for pressing ahead with such programmes. The document argued that reducing population numbers would cut greenhouse gases, although it warned that there were "complex human rights and ethical issues" involved in forced population control.

www.guardian.co.uk...-of-comments

Yeah, the paper says there are "complex human rights and ethical issues involved in forced population control", but that is not stopping these people.

These ideas and views will be part of the indoctrination which will make it slowly into the Common Core Standards. Future generations will be "molded", if nothing is done about it, by these views and ideas that the elites have, and want to fully implement even in first world nations.

Indoctrinating people from a young age will assure the complete application of these agendas, after all they are "only for the good of Earth and all of us." Who can argue with that reasoning huh?...

edit on 28-5-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
At my son's previous school, they recommended Ritalin because he was getting bored and squirrely. I said "Give him more work to do".

I am waiting for my note on that very subject Beez....just waiting....to which they get a "Dear John" letter from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join