It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5,7 mag earthquake just happen near Greenville, Ca!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

It seems like it's been awhile since a significant quake hit California. I usually mock EQ threads but this one is legit in my eyes. When was the last substantial quake you remember? A very dear family friend lives in Sacramento and it's a bit late to be calling with my worries.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nice to see a few of my fellow Norcal neighbour’s on here, i'm down here in Drone testing land myself. Hey one of you guys or girl's who's thread count is high enough should post up that local video that kid put on you tube about a month ago called "Our town" documenting the citizens of Redding voicing there opposition to Drone testing at the redding municipal airport to our local rep's and the mayor.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
And i am planing to move to Susanville this summer.

I am glad i live in a motor home as its the most survivable place to live in a major earthquake.

Though in a major earthquake a motor home really rolls.

Have you ever been involved in a sizable earthquake? Mobile home parks tend to exploid and burn after EQs as the gas mains sheer from the trailers.

Here in the Northridge Quake of '95 (I think) several parks burned in the aftermake. In the dark that morning you'd here expoding cars and helicopters and the glow from fires (mobile home parks, foundation homes, cars and streets).

Fire is a huge danger after earthquakes and we recommend an earthquake shutoff valve that automatically shuts down the gas for 5.0 and above. I'm not sure it is code - but I wouldn't live without one in SoCal.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This really has been a strange and long lasting sequence of earthquakes.
Just the past 7 days:

The most recent to shake the area, just a few miles east of the Canyon Dam, was a Mag 3.1 apparently located at the surface.

It was a small quake, but I wouldn't want to be assigned this task when it happened. Hopefully, since it is a Sunday, no one was inside the tunnel at the time.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on this one....

As a kid I lived through out that area. Chester, Greenville, Mineral... Allot of fond memories living there, hot summers, big snows, great fishing and learned to swim in Butt Valley Reservoir

Has anyone been able to determine if this tectonic or volcanic? Lassen is still very active - makes me wonder if there's possibly a new vent in the works.
edit on 21-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

I'm keeping an eye on it, too.
This is the only info I remember reading about a volcanic versus tectonic nature of the quakes.

Of special interest: A strong swarm of earthquakes started ~ 45 km southeast of Lassen Peak near the south shore of Lake Almanor on May 24 with a magnitude M=5.7 earthquake. The swarm, which was most intense on May 24-May 27, includes the M=5.7 on May 24, three events in the M4+ range, and twenty four in the M3+ range. No significant changes were noted in the Lassen Volcanic Field during the swarm, which is judged to be tectonic in nature. See additional information at earthquake.usgs.gov...

source

The vulcanologists are watching, and for now, they deem it to be tectonic.

I love this area. I never lived in Lassen or Plumas, I was over in Trinity County, but I came to hike or just drive through on my way to Reno, hehe.
Beautiful country.
edit on 7/21/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thanks for getting me up to speed on this issue.

I love this area too, many fond memories of living up there. I went back for a visit about six or eight years ago. Not much had changed over the years. More "high brow" homes on the lake, and the "flat lander's" still invaded town during the summer. Actually, I probably was one of those "flat lander's"...but I cut my teeth there and still claim it as home. I wonder if Echo Lake still has those fat Dollies and Rainbows.... ( looks up at fishing pole and thinks
)

edit on 22-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Actually no, I think his comment was in response to your sarcastic contribution to the thread. Yes, we Californians have many earthquakes every single day. That one was larger than most and at a VERY low depth. That is something to start an OP about.

If all you have to add is derogatory; why don't you just move on to a subject that you can positively contribute to???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join