It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Internet fortold in the gospels?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't know the quote you speak of, but this I can say with surety:
While the television and computer screen may not necessarily be a "Devil Box" I can guarantee that in a lot of instances both at times get my nomination for the title of "Idiot Box"!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by UNIT76

we don't have much longer to wait to see how this all pans out.. the bible claims within the lifespan of a man when the jewish people have their homeland again the kingdom of God will be reestablished on the earth (..that was in 1947 wasn't it?)
No, that was 36 AD.
We are in the kingdom of God, in that we now have the Christian church, where before that, we didn't.
Jesus rules over the kingdom as Lord, appointed to that office by God.

Gaaaah!
You have seriously got to be joking. This world with that PR-deficient "kingdom" is just one step up from hell!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
If not, then why post this thread?
You must think that it is significant somehow.
"The End" was the end of the age, and that already happened.
We are already in the new age.

So, a new age has begun and it was so subtle that it was practically indistinguishable from our last age that only a few, select, "enlightened" individuals noticed the change?

Golly.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Gaaaah!
You have seriously got to be joking. This world with that PR-deficient "kingdom" is just one step up from hell!
Sorry, but I am serious.
Was there something in particular on your wish list that is not being satisfied?
Would you like for all the people that you don't like to be sent to the real Hell?
I think that the main problem which is the cause of earth still being hellish, is that too many people are not engaged in the world to make it better, because they are sitting around for one of several things: a super fascist form of government with some horrific god-like person; or Jesus to whisk certain people off to a better place; or maybe the destruction of all life on the planet.
edit on 23-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

So, a new age has begun and it was so subtle that it was practically indistinguishable from our last age that only a few, select, "enlightened" individuals noticed the change?
No, it is not so subtle, and everyone who is a Christian should notice it, the fact that they are Christians.
The "end of the world" as the Bible puts it, or read that, the end of the former age, is where God interceded in the person of Jesus to put away sin, on the cross.
Do you deny the Bible?
Do you deny the crucifixion?
Do you deny that Jesus is Lord?
Colossians says that Jesus was the creator of the worlds, plural, "the worlds". If you look at the Greek, it says the ages. Jesus created two ages at the cross, the old one up to that point, and the new on after that point. We are in that new age.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Oh, that age. I thought you were referring to the prophesied thousand years of paradise after Christ's second coming.
As for my perception of the world being hellish, that was a bit dramatic, I admit. I still believe that Christianity has a PR problem, though, and far from bringing sinners into its folds, it instead repulses them, thanks to the the so-called loud minority of Christians who practice pretty much the opposite of what Jesus commanded.

edit on 23-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Oh, that age. I thought you were referring to the prophesied thousand years of paradise after Christ's second coming.
Oh, do you mean the thousand years during which Gog and Magog gather to attack the city . . that "paradise"?
I don't think there is a "second coming" since the Bible never says that.
The "thousand years" is only in Revelation so should be considered a metaphor for the world as it exists today.
edit on 23-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
You can go further back than the gospels...

Daniel 12:4:

"But you, Daniel, keep these words secret, and seal the book until the end times. Many will travel everywhere, and knowledge will increase."

Right. That's it.

The two key points.

1) many will travel to and fro
2) knowledge will increase

Notice the sequence. That sequence is an important clue.

First, people are going to travel about restlessly, first by horse drawn cart, then trains and automobiles, and finally airplane.

Been there, done that.

AFTER THIS, then comes the spreading of knowledge.

i.e. the "INTERNET".

The internet is bringing fulfillment, as knowledge is increasing everywhere.

Notice too, that the internet is actually causing people to travel less. That is, people shop from their homes, online, instead of going to the store. People spend a lot of their time "sitting" in front of the computer screen, and less time coming and going about the land. The internet marks the end of the age of the "moving about".

We're now in the sitting time. We sit and acquire knowledge. This is internet time. And it's the last time mentioned before the end.

There's nothing after the internet. This is it, folks.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This has always just been it. A dreadful society with small oases of spiritual faiths, continuing in cycles between global natural disasters until the sun's expansion destroys all life on the planet.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The bible says all will see him even those that pierce him . I can imagine it would be like when the lights come on at 2 AM closing time at the bar . What was hidden in the dark is now visible and the light reveals the ugly truth .

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

When queried about events that the Historicism and Preterits theology can not justify they simply invalidate certain books of the bible to validate their theory .

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That's good and all but I think this would prove it better. Notice that Satan is referred to as "the prince of the power of the air". Are they speaking of Wireless or the fact that in those days that he controlled UFO's or maybe just the element of air and all therein. The significance is that the air back in those days was nothing to really boast about...no planes, no wireless no transference of any kind. So to call Satan "the prince of the birds and bees", would be ridiculous. So what were they referring to here?

Ephesians 2: 1-3: “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others”.

edit on 23-5-2013 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by Awen24
You can go further back than the gospels...

Daniel 12:4:

"But you, Daniel, keep these words secret, and seal the book until the end times. Many will travel everywhere, and knowledge will increase."

Right. That's it.

The two key points.

1) many will travel to and fro
2) knowledge will increase

Notice the sequence. That sequence is an important clue.

First, people are going to travel about restlessly, first by horse drawn cart, then trains and automobiles, and finally airplane.

Been there, done that.

AFTER THIS, then comes the spreading of knowledge.

i.e. the "INTERNET".

The internet is bringing fulfillment, as knowledge is increasing everywhere.

Notice too, that the internet is actually causing people to travel less. That is, people shop from their homes, online, instead of going to the store. People spend a lot of their time "sitting" in front of the computer screen, and less time coming and going about the land. The internet marks the end of the age of the "moving about".

We're now in the sitting time. We sit and acquire knowledge. This is internet time. And it's the last time mentioned before the end.

There's nothing after the internet. This is it, folks.

People are going to and fro more than ever now. We have cell phones, IPads, Laptops and all kinds of wireless devices which allow for constant travel. The airports have more customers than ever.Who is sitting home in front of their computers anymore? Old people, nerds and invalids only.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) reported today that U.S. airlines carried 55.3 million scheduled systemwide passengers in January 2013, 1.6 percent more than in January 2012. The systemwide increase was the result of a 1.5 percent increase in the number of domestic passengers (47.8 million) and a 2.3 percent increase in international passengers (7.5 million) (Tables 1, 2, 5, 9).

Source
edit on 23-5-2013 by kcabmi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The Spice Melange is Caffeine! LOL!
A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then that it is the year 10,191. The Known Universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4,000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of universe without moving.
Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you — the spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

if anyone knows the quote that could have been interpreted from then go ahead and post it.

Revelation of John 9:20

The rest of mankind, who were not killed with these plagues, didn’t repent of the works of their hands, that they wouldn’t worship demons, and the idols of gold, and of silver, and of brass, and of stone, and of wood; which can neither see, nor hear, nor walk.

In imagination land, picture a first century man sitting in a cave, having visions.
In the vision he sees a 20th century family sitting around a living room with their attention glued to a television set.
In this box are things scrambling around and talking. Quite obviously demons.
The way the family is entranced looks like some kind of worship.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here is another saying similar, yet its something within us, for the scriptures refer to an internal process within.

If you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which you have heard, and which was preached to every creature who is under heaven; of which I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:23

How is it that the gospel is already preached to everyone? It's mystical, not literal.

Really good article here concerning this idea:

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

The concept is akin to knowing thyself, as explained in the article.

Paul is speaking esoterically here. The Gospel was preached to every creature under heaven because every aspect of creation is teaming with Christ. Life itself was created through Christ because Christ is that life itself. In the truest understanding, the LOGOS, as Christ is often called, is the essence of consciousness and energy (spirit) taking on the form of matter. And that’s us.

“In him was life; and the life was the light of men” (John 1:4)....

“…know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you… (2 Corinthians 13:15).

This type of “knowing” that Paul refers to is not head knowledge, but the kind that matters beyond death: experiential knowledge of the cosmic kind. This kind of knowledge survives physical death, even that death where the dissolution of the personality and ego must also eventually take place in the more subtle realms.

The gospel of forgoing the ego and birthing the son of God, the Christ/ascended consciousness.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

How is it that the gospel is already preached to everyone? It's mystical, not literal.

Very true. Many in the unseen are speaking to all, rather said person is not fully aware of said speech.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

It was meant to be taken literally, it just may not be literally true.
Some people are Fundamentalists in that they think that the Bible is somehow "inerrant", so when they see a statement like that, they think that in order to make it 'true', they need to understand it 'spiritually'. That would be a mistake in this case.
Colossians is in a group of New Testament books which should be classified as pseudo-Paul. What that means is that while it may have been written by people 'close' to Paul, it was not actually written by Paul, not because he was unable to write at the moment, but because he was either dead, or off on a missionary campaign, never to be seen or heard from again.
So what this book is doing is creating, using the authority of Paul, a defense for the established 'clergy', as the keepers of the Pauline tradition. One of the things that 'proves' the tradition's credibility as being the 'truth', is that it was spread to the entire world, meaning the known world to that culture, at that time.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I cant see how any of it is meant to be literal. Genesis 32 30 gives us some very large clues, naming penial.

There is alot that can be said here about literal. Taking the scriptures literally, things written sometimes like grims fairy tale even, with a purpose, an allegorical message, then seized upon by fundamental pharisees to enforce these gnostic texts upon the people fundamentally certainly changed the world, brought in concepts of negative smiting god, turned Love to Dark, etc.

These are gnostic texts. The kabbalah is one of the oldest, or is the oldest, and yet left out.

I think the quote I gave is right on.

I've read many of these, and just so happy, its a pursuit of nudgings that has taken some time, then to discover the positive interpretation.

There are many ways to interpret. with a strong righteous zeal against slavers, and very upset by the world's mismanagement team and the harm they are doing to people and nature, I interpreted Is Ra El, dark hat and dark code way. Oh look at that nasty bunch of hitlers and dracos at the top, following ancient egypt corrupt slaver type gods, etc etc. So egyptian/babylonian of them!

But on the other hand, did a lot of writing on Mom/Dad and the way back home, uniting them, wedding them. Well, aside from the inner, there is a wedding that is about the outer, the freedom and equality, relating to works, or intention for works....depending on ability and positioning. However, turning negative to positive in our minds is important. The term Is Ra El is not meant the way I perceived dark hats as operating.

Lets look at what it means.

Isis Mother
Ra Father
El Christ or Son

Mother, right hemisphere and subconscious/Higher Self connection. Father, left hemisphere, conscious, ego connection to the material world. Mother, pituatary. Father, pineal.

Balance inner and outer, right and left, conscious and unconscious, and work with your energy centers, the 7 candles or the 7 Churches, your chakras and grow in Love and overcome the traps to the world and desires, to help others and grow, crucify the ego and grow up to help the children, and the son/daughter of Man is birthed into the Son/Daughter of God, the awakened thalamus, the ascension.

Alot is merely allegory. And there is a positive. Very important to find the positive as the conscious programs the unconscious in Love or Fear, and the unconcscious co-create or manifests our conditions around us.

This!

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

An Israelite is one who goes within, as opposed to one who goes without, who is a gentile.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

No, I don't think that there are secret messages written into the New Testament.
Revelation is a book that has what looks like to us today, cryptic messages, but hardly at all 'secret'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join