It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Internet fortold in the gospels?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Ever read the Protocols of Zion ? I have a copy and I am not sympathetic to the Talmudic Jews or the Ashkenazi Jews . But you really are trying to put the Great Tribulation behind you for some reason as well as the second coming of Jesus .

What about the 144,000 VIRGIN JEWISH MEN @ 12,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel .

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

. . . I am not sympathetic to the Talmudic Jews . . .
So, what is your history in regards to believing in a cult eschatology?
Were you born into a church that taught it, or did you read Hal Lindsey and believed his book?
I'm not saying that you yourself is a conspirator.

I think it is important to point out that this form of end times hysteria is not universally accepted by Christians and has its roots in a cult, even if it is promoted by the powers that be to support an agenda of the self-appointed elites.

What about the 144,000 VIRGIN JEWISH MEN @ 12,000 of the 12 tribes of Israel
They are called the firstfruits.
They symbolize a type of person who God approves, those who are undefiled.
It seems to be describing a scene to illustrate that the Old Testament prophecies about Israel has been fulfilled already in the people who believe in Jesus.
edit on 26-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Incredible , from the time Jesus walked this earth until today the whole world was wrong about the mission statement of Jesus Christ , that is until you came along . You have figured out that we are all wrong ! Wow ! And you have the audacity to call us a cult ? I can see that you are not even following your 7th Day Advent doctrine . I also understand that you are an avid reader but and you did not trust the bible . All that supposed historical data you have been reading is not accurate . It has been interpreted by men who can not help having opinions and misconceptions and history has morphed over the years as well as languages .
You say cult as a slur but you are directly indicate a cult influence . Some of your interpretations of key points in the bible could be explained by fear ! You seem to be on a crusade to prove that you will not have to face the Tribulation by putting it in history instead of the future and explaining away any sort of a futurist view not unlike Pretribulation Rapturist who hope to go before .
I am looking at the times I live in and the bible and I do see the Protocols of Zion truly being fulfilled today by the Zionist Jews as written . I see that the Mark of the Beast could never have happened before and is indeed coming and the Internet is the facilitator of such system . I do see that Israel and the Temple was destroyed and the Jews scattered to the 4 corners of the world and returned to Israel per Ezekiel 37 . I do see the 10 Kings ( Jews) coming together and will give their power to the one . This King will be as listed in Protocol 24 .
And the eminent war is set up as described in Ezekiel 38 .
The end of this world you are worried about is at least 1007 years from now . I guess you forgot to read about the new world called heaven .
You can't see the Forest while focusing on all the bugs on the leaves of the trees . Back away and look at the big picture .

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Incredible , from the time Jesus walked this earth until today the whole world was wrong about the mission statement of Jesus Christ , that is until you came along .
OK, then what do you think Jesus' mission is?
Wasn't it something about preaching and being crucified and resurrected and taken up into heaven?
So, none of that counts and you are not satisfied with Jesus' performance?

You have figured out that we are all wrong ! Wow !
So you believe that you represent all Christians?

And you have the audacity to call us a cult ?
In the post that this is supposedly a response to, I asked you to identify your cult affiliation. So I don't know what cult that you belong to but you are obviously a member of a cult because you have this whole eschatological system that is not possible to develope by just reading the Bible.

I can see that you are not even following your 7th Day Advent doctrine .
I don't believe in subscribing to any man made doctrine.

I also understand that you are an avid reader but and you did not trust the bible .
What I do not trust is the decisions made by the bishops in the fourth century concerning which books were authentic to be included in the New Testament canon. This is not something that I arrived at independently but goes along with mainstream biblical scholarship.

All that supposed historical data you have been reading is not accurate . It has been interpreted by men who can not help having opinions and misconceptions and history has morphed over the years as well as languages .
See comment above.

You say cult as a slur but you are directly indicate a cult influence .
You take it as a slur, I use it as a technical term.

Some of your interpretations of key points in the bible could be explained by fear !
I'm just looking at the Bible to see what the writers were actually trying to say, rather than how doctrine makers use the verses as proof texts to support theological theories.

You seem to be on a crusade to prove that you will not have to face the Tribulation by putting it in history instead of the future and explaining away any sort of a futurist view not unlike Pretribulation Rapturist who hope to go before .
I asked you yesterday to quote the Bible to support your tribulation theory. You act like it is established fact that there is a future tribulation, and that I am uselessly rebelling against it, which is a peculiar attitude coming from a person who cannot cite a single verse to support a future tribulation.

I am looking at the times I live in and the bible and I do see the Protocols of Zion truly being fulfilled today by the Zionist Jews as written .
So what does that have to do with biblical prophecy?

I see that the Mark of the Beast could never have happened before and is indeed coming and the Internet is the facilitator of such system .
We don't know what that is, since it does not describe it beyond being a metaphor of slavery. What you are talking about is seeing the alignment with descriptions made in theories about the mark told about in Revelation.

I do see that Israel and the Temple was destroyed and the Jews scattered to the 4 corners of the world and returned to Israel per Ezekiel 37 .
Ezekiel was supposedly written by a Jew in Exile in Babylon and was talking about a restored Israel from captivity in the near future to him, not in our future.

I do see the 10 Kings ( Jews) coming together and will give their power to the one . This King will be as listed in Protocol 24 .
All this Protocol stuff is irrelevant.

And the eminent war is set up as described in Ezekiel 38 .
That was never supposed to be something which has to happen, but was a metaphor to say that in the future, The Lord will not let Jerusalem get overrun by the enemy like what happened with the Babylonians.

The end of this world you are worried about is at least 1007 years from now .
I'm not worried about anything like an end of the world.

I guess you forgot to read about the new world called heaven .
Huh?
edit on 26-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

You want replies ? Well give me a reply . What does the sacrifice of Jesus mean to you and for you ?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I was asking for a teaching from the Bible, in support for you previous unsupported claims about supposed "end times".
So far, you have admitted that there really is no soon "end".

I've told you before on the Israeli land stealing thread that I am a New Testament believing Christian.
You have a sort of measure of things based on some teachings of an unidentified cult, and that same thing holds true in your salvation theory.
I am not going to subscribe to a creed that you made up based on your cult's teaching.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You know what they say about a Christmas Turkey don't you ? Yes your one in a million .
I am saved by faith in Jesus through his blood sacrifice for the redemption of sin . Can you not confess Jesus Christ openly ? Are you too proud , too smart or just afraid . You confess the New Testament or at least the parts you deem valid .

Extended knowledge of the bible avails you nothing if you don't partake of the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ unto salvation . .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You confess the New Testament or at least the parts you deem valid .

Put yourself back in the times before printing, or a New Testament canon, and you had access somehow to some books, let's say Matthew, Mark, John, Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, Hebrews, James, 1, 2, & 3 John, and Revelation, do you think that would be enough to be saved if you believed in them?
Or do you think you would be lost to eternal damnation because you didn't read enough books?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You have missed the whole point of the bible and revealed your soul . Salvation of your soul rest solely in your faith in the Blood Sacrifice made by Jesus Christ and following him . The whole New Testament is all about Jesus and his Gospel . It is not about words and sentences that are punctuated . The message is not obscure and is also in the Old Testament as well . If you can not confess Jesus Christ don't worry about confessing a book talking about him . The book has no validity to a non believer no matter how many times you read it or dissect it .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It is not about words and sentences that are punctuated
So why then do you keep dragging that out if you think it does not matter?
You have a confession, and that's nice for you.
My confession is to what the New Testament says.
Yours is a bunch of philosophy made up to look as if it agrees with the Old Testament.
So my lack of enthusiasm for signing onto your cult based confession does not come from a lack of faith in Jesus.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think you have told me everything I need to know from you .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You haven't told anything that would be what someone would need to know in order to decide if your eschatology comes from the Bible or if it is just pure theory and that you believe it because whatever religious institution that you are affiliated with says that you have to believe it (like as in a cult).

edit on 27-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Explain that to God when you meet him . And there will be plenty of time to review your theories as time ends when your life ends and eternity begins . Where your eternity will be is up to you .

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I don't have theories, I have the Bible.
You are the one with all the theories.

That is why I was bothering you, to get you to explain where in the Bible does it say all that.
Do you accept your theories because someone told you to, and you do because you think this person telling you is directly connected to God, and so you don't need the Bible to verify any of it?
If so, then that is the definition of a cult.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

This discussion is over . I give up . You lose ! And you'll never know what I mean by that on this earth .

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

Now im not saying the end is near...
If not, then why post this thread?
You must think that it is significant somehow.
"The End" was the end of the age, and that already happened.
We are already in the new age.
edit on 22-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

No, the new age is yet to come. Here's how I know:

... who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life. (Luke 18:30)

The true new age is marked by "eternal life."

But those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage. (Luke 20:35)

The true new age is also marked by a lack of marriage, but people are still getting married and giving others in marriage.

Another relevant passage:

Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3)

The day of the Lord has not yet come, nor the new age. Please do not be deceived.

Blessings,
Cody
edit on 24-5-2013 by DarkATi because: Fixed Quote Blocks

the marriage you're referring to there has a deeper meaning than at first glance and easy to misunderstand early on

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 1Timothy4.3

though I think it is pretty evident there's a serious problem and is related to a beast/s and it's followers over many moons now

And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.Revelation 18

marriage plays an absolute essential part to eternal life

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Revelation 19
edit on 28-5-2013 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You lose ! And you'll never know what I mean by that on this earth .
I can guess.
That the only way to be "saved" is by having a living prophet to be the cult follower of
and that you believe in everything your 'leader' tells you.

I have the proper information in the New Testament from the Apostles.
You gave up the discussion because you know your theories are not supported by the New Testament but are just rewarmed leftovers from the Old Testament.
edit on 28-5-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Maybe not a prophecy, but Jesus knowing the unlimited potential of human ingenuity. Or maybe he incarnated on a planet similar to ours right now where the technology was "high-tech" and he just remembered that aspect.

I know I'm late to the party, but S&F for the interesting thought.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

my question and your answer (quoted below)

Q) we don't have much longer to wait to see how this all pans out.. the bible claims within the lifespan of a man when the jewish people have their homeland again the kingdom of God will be reestablished on the earth (..that was in 1947 wasn't it?)

A) No, that was 36 AD. We are in the kingdom of God, in that we now have the Christian church, where before that, we didn't. Jesus rules over the kingdom as Lord, appointed to that office by God.

..wouldn't this require the messiah to have been acknowledged the first time?
so where's Jesus then? ..i don't see this world (kingdom) being 'run' by Jesus now?

as this post also suggests.

you then said;

Sorry, but I am serious. Was there something in particular on your wish list that is not being satisfied? Would you like for all the people that you don't like to be sent to the real Hell? I think that the main problem which is the cause of earth still being hellish, is that too many people are not engaged in the world to make it better, because they are sitting around for one of several things: a super fascist form of government with some horrific god-like person; or Jesus to whisk certain people off to a better place; or maybe the destruction of all life on the planet.

"vengeance is mine" says the lord
"love your neighbor" says Jesus
- please tell me how myself (or EllaMariner) wish to see people suffer? and why?

you ask "what on our wish list is not being satisfied?" (?) ...if the "main problem with world today is "hellish" (and selfish people not making the world better)" ...then yes.. this is unsatisfactory in a world (uhh, "kingdom") supposedly being ruled now by Jesus. ....doesn't this make sense?

the rest of the comment... fascist gov, horrific god-like person, destruction of "ALL" life on planet (?) ...heh.. you have to reconcile all this in a world (supposedly now) ruled by Jesus..?

this is what i mean about "reconciling" (more of your comments)

Do you deny the Bible? Do you deny the crucifixion? Do you deny that Jesus is Lord?

Colossians says that Jesus was the creator of the worlds, plural, "the worlds". If you look at the Greek, it says the ages. Jesus created two ages at the cross, the old one up to that point, and the new on after that point. We are in that new age.

first - no, no and no

if Jesus "created" only 2 ages.. who made all the others?
are you quoting col 1:16? (..check eph 3:9)

interesting comment (you again..)

I don't think there is a "second coming" since the Bible never says that.

i don't quite follow this?
he came the first time.. was put on the cross... went to heaven?
and the bible says he's coming back?

this post with the (movie) dune references..
the freeman are the people of God.
Muad-dib (paul) is the messiah.
everything else can also be put into a workable biblical context.
the atreides are given a cryptic message when they first arrive "a column of smoke by day, a pillar of fire by night" (exo 13:21, neh 9:12)
the spice must flow

the "other" version of dune offers more insights into all this (not the 'alan smythee/de-laurentis' version)

as for the "literal" vs. "parable"..
mat 13:11+, mark 4:11, luke 8:10
we also have the 3 wise men who travel to the birth of the messiah.. who were they? who is melchizidek?
(etc)
there is more going on here than we might ever possibly know..?

the response to darkATI (page4) this post

The word here in the Greek used is, aión, which can mean a lifetime, and is a different word than the one used elsewhere to describe the ages, which is aeon.

even with this "interpretation", darkATI's initial proposal is still correct. the "ages" and "lifetime" are contextually correct.. (i hope this makes sense, running out of space)

as for ANY book of the bible being a "forgery" ..if i can follow the core-story even after the involvement of "Rome" (etc), i can handle these types of accusations.. but this is something i will chase up in my spare time.. if someone can actually 'topple' the bible after all this time, i'm up for seeing that.. i just don't think it's ever going to happen?

my stance on the matter is much the same as this post

..an eschatology invented 200 years ago specifically to come up with something to get Christians to support a modern Israel..

i think i understand & accept your view here? this is why i think it's important to just use the bible

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
and.. uhh.. i probably should have just NOT POSTED all that.. because like the guy you were arguing with.. i can't follow your reasoning.. maybe it's just me but you seem to have hopped, skipped and jumped all over the place?? is it just me or have you contradicted yourself 2 or 3 times?

the bible tells me to be always ready to provide an answer, but like the last guy said, i think it's time for this conversation to be "over"

ugh.. where is the UNDO button

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join