It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My morning coffee, come share a cup! c(_)

page: 449
<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

To be really honest D... I would absolutely love to be there right now helping you move... I am sure that you are having a whale of a time ordering people about and stressing yourself silly?... Moving house is always mega stressfull...

Good luck for the moving... I am always impressed when I see the documentaries over here in France as to how you guys can shift your houses...

Shucks... mine is 200 years old... would love to see someone remove every single stone and then piece the bugger back up again stone by stone?

I will not pay the bill...

Kindest respects

Rod

Ps. My head still hurts...

edit on 24/2/14 by Rodinus because: More crap spelling, but I am allowed because all the girls think I am sexy...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

What, in the hell is a Conex!?

Moving house is a pain in the proverbial buttocks. I remember last time I helped someone move house, we got the bed frame stuck halfway up the stairs!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

TrueBrit

What, in the hell is a Conex!?

Moving house is a pain in the proverbial buttocks. I remember last time I helped someone move house, we got the bed frame stuck halfway up the stairs!

Phage would say that you can find this type of object on a sex toy site.

Apparently it is a mobile home... something probably very similar to what we all had our hols in in Scarbourough or Filey (BUTLINS) back in the 70s...

Just luuuuurve the blues music....

Psssttttt... always bring along a chainsaw for daft things that get stuck halfway up the stairs.

Kindest respects

Rod

PS. Had my very first French snog (tongue in the gob and everything) at Butlins Filey after winning the talent contest singing "Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree"... :

She was called Debbie funnily enough... Bit sloppy it was as well as I was used to practising snogging on Coco the teddy bear... Coco had no face left in the end... and my Pen pal GF Debbie from Bradford (the slag)... left me for a coal miner up in Sunderland after 3 months of writing letters telling how much I was in love with her... I was only 13 for gods sake???). *coughs and shows age*

edit on 24/2/14 by Rodinus because: Vid added

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Good lord! Sounds a bit dicey! The lass I mean, not Butlins!

Right, so it is basically like some sort of static mobile home type of gig? Fitting a house worth of stuff into such a thing would be a total nightmare! I remember having to put things in storage, and it being VERY costly, and we were only moving from a tiny three bedroom house, into an apartment! Trying to do the same thing into such a small space would boil my neural network without a doubt!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
:::Hands Rod a Bottle of "Ole' Ma' Phlegm's Extra Special Bronchial Tincture":::: for that bad *cough* he seems to have developed lately!

I managed to finish work early!!! yay!!!
So, here I am, Who's on coffee duty? Any choccy muffins left?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Hey Gordi... How's your day been? Getting out of work early is always a boon! What are you going to do with your extra free time? Got any amusing plans?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sis is looking remarkably chipper I've had a hug THE look and an order to come home and stop "Being so bloody stupid"

Guessing she's feeling better

Good day to one and all

Cody

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Sounds like she must be on the mend then?

Bloody good show! Now, have a shot of something nice, and have another kip!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Hey Gordi... How's your day been? Getting out of work early is always a boon! What are you going to do with your extra free time? Got any amusing plans?

Hi True!!
It's beeeeen..... Just GRAND!
Secured a good BIG order, refurbing / replacing the signage on an old petrol forecourt which is changin' into a car dealership!
Came home, and managed to work out the chords for a few more "project" songs! (Including FREEBURD! - yes, BURD!!!) LOL
Just put the dinner on, (homemade chicken pie) and am grabbing 10 mins on here before the wife comes home with the brats!
How's yerself?
G

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

cody599
Sis is looking remarkably chipper I've had a hug THE look and an order to come home and stop "Being so bloody stupid"

Guessing she's feeling better

Good day to one and all

Cody

AWESOME!!!! Go TEAM CODY!!!

That's great news.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I am functioning within normal parameters, thanks very much!

I am just closing out the last half hour of the working day, before heading upstairs for a long shower, followed by about a litre of tea per hour until bed time

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You on the metric system now??? LOL
Whit happened tae good auld-fashioned gallons?????

I had a bit of a tickly throat the last few days.... put a spoonful of honey in my morning cuppa.... sorted!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
in the last week i have made it to ep9 of season 3 on Sons of Anarchy. Today i am playing hookie to watch with the wife.

On a side note, they are headed to Belfast on the show.

Stopped to brew me up a cup of "Sumatra" roast coffee.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hey BFFT How's it going?
Did you know that Sons Of Anarchy is an anagram of....

Ashcan For Nosy
Fancy Rash Soon
Scarf Annoys Ho'
Rosy Nacho Fans
and my personal fave...
Roach Fanny SOS!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I do liquids by the sizes on the side of spirits bottles, which is either x litres, or x centilitres. Also, most of the equipment and components I use in my day job come in millimetre measurements, so I have been influenced by more than just state education, with regard to the metric vs imperial debate.

I actually prefer measuring things via the metric system, because I hate fraction division, and because dividing things into hundreds makes more sense to me than dividing things up by totally spurious measures like 3/8ths, and 5/32nds.

But it really depends! I measure mortice locks by inches, as I do with screws and bolts. Euro profile lock barrels for plastic doors, I measure in mm....I measure my own height in feet and inches, as I do my waist size in inches. However, I measure wood and metal materials in centimetres!

I do a bit of all of it, but I prefer doing the number work for metric.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks all

Back home now, brew on the way and a bottle of 25 year old giving me 'The wink'.

Don't worry Rod, not going down that road.

Cody

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That's nice. LOL

PS - Did you know truebrit is an anagram of Tub Trier???

Anything you want to confess???? mwahahhaaa!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Come on boys and girls... confess :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Warmest

Rod

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ok...ok...

I tried Tub once...but I did not inhale!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

That's nice. LOL

PS - Did you know truebrit is an anagram of Tub Trier???

Anything you want to confess???? mwahahhaaa!!!!!

Does that have anything to do with trying tubbing?

new topics

top topics

<< 446  447  448    450  451  452 >>

join